Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NCost12

Breaking news: Colts trade for Trent Richardson (((merge)))

Do you peopke watch Browns games? This guy may be the least explosive RB in the league. Easily one of the most overrated players to ever enter the league. Just tell me it didnt cost a 1.

Do you like anything?

And the remainder of the Browns' fan base are now leaping off of bridges.

We picked up Bradshaw to combine with Ballard now Ballard is done that is why we need another RB.  Oh yeah most of you are probably the same people who wanted to fire the whole staff and half the players the other day.

We have Bradshaw and Richardson now instead of Bradshaw and Brown. 

Pretty sure this is much better than resigning Delone Carter, Just sayin.

Then again we are fans and no matter what we will never be happy.  If we won the SuperBowl this year and lost the second game of the season next the sky would be falling.

We are REBUILDING/RELOADING people this is how it is done.  I will agree though that I have a little trouble with giving up a first rounder.

Well this one has the "potential" to be a really NICE one... if it turns out to be in the late teens to twenties .. cool.

But if it is top 10...... ughhhhhhhh

Lots of iffsssss

Irsay alluded to Grigs rolling the dice. And I agree it is especially if we have a miserable season, but after the top 5? It's hit or miss for a lot of players in the first round anyways.

I think we've seen time and time again that first round pick doesn't equate to a first round quality of player.

And the remainder of the Browns' fan base are now leaping off of bridges.

Pretty much. They loved Richardson lol.

Bradshaw was supposed to be the change of pace guy, a 3rd down back with excellent pass protection, but a 1 year stop gap with tons of screws on his foot already.

Let's be realistic. Trent Richardson was the power runner I expected us to go after. I was thinking Beanie Wells but the power runner was what was missing from this power scheme. I'm a bit shocked the Browns were willing to give up on him while he was still on his rookie contract so fast. Maybe they want to stick up the joint this year real bad to get a good QB in a good QB draft class.

Excellent move, and remember this, what was the biggest factor that changed Peyton and the Colts in year 2. Yep, it was Edgerrin James. In an RBC era, long gone are the days of a workhorse back but when you need that tough yardage, you need that guy who can run and catch. Trent Richardson can do both. Bradshaw can do both, Bradshaw is almost like Trent lite with better pass protection.

I LOVE THIS MOVE!!! Just like we couldn't have gotten a better CB than Vontae Davis picking in round 2 this year, I don't think we will get a better RB in round 1 next year than Trent.

Trade Bradshaw to the steelers now??? Lol idk. Guys we have the 1st ovr pick in the 2012 draft and the 3rd... lollol

Trade Bradshaw??  I hope you are joking.

You've got to be kidding me....this guy was a top 3 overall draft choice LAST YEAR. If we can scrap together a wild card-type season, the value we just got is insane. 

Plus, if he is less than 100% right now, we can afford to be patient with him. Cleveland couldn't. 

In other news, Cleveland's now so desperate for RB help they're going to bring in the Moleman to start if Mcgahee doesn't check out.

lmao

Everybody wants to make a move, right up until the instant we actually make one.

We need to buckle down and make sure that we give up no higher than the 24th pick.. Richardson is young and beastly, but I hate giving up a 1st for a RB...

There is no doubt that we have one of best platoons of backs in the league now... its just a matter of getting the blocks... Ill take our top 3 backs over any in the division outside of Houston.

Well we're not resigning Bradshaw. Wow just wow. He's actually perfect for our offense because hes just as much a threat catching a ball as he is running. People who say he didn't do anything Cleveland didn't see the 9 man boxes he was running into. No one is scared of weeden. There not gonna be able to stack the box with luck at qb

T.Richardson is a top 5 RB in the league at worst were a 8-8 team so the pick i'm not worried about. This will take a lot of pressure off Luck and open up more opportunity for play action.

Pretty much. They loved Richardson lol.

Yep. I thought this was an April Fool's Day joke when I first read it but then I remembered that it's September. haha

I'm at a loss for words..... just when I was feeling down about not getting Grand Theft Auto 5.... this happens

BRILLIANT!!!  BRILLIANT!!!  BRILLIANT!!  The Colts just picked up one of the best your running backs in the draft.  So the Colts essentially have the #1 and #3 picks in lasts years draft for what will amount to be probably a pick in the 20s.  AMAZING!!!

Consider it this way:

Richardson was the 3rd overall pick and certainly a top 5 player in that draft.  Our first round pick in 2014 is likely to be after 20.  So we went from 20 to get a top 5 player.  If he can stay healthy, this will be an incredible deal

Not silly at all for Cleveland....they will now probably get the 1st pick overall in 2014...hello, Johnny Football.

So you think the Colts are going to be bad enough to get the 1st pick?  I doubt that.

Versus dolphins 13 carries 47 yards.

As a Ravens fan, and presumably a Flacco fan, I would think you'd be wiser than focusing in on just one game to draw any conclusions about a guy.

It's an okay move, that could turn up gold or bust. 

On a side note Trent is killing my fantasy team..I hope he doesn't kill our team. 

Mine too.  I chalked it up to being on the Cleveland Browns.  Let's hope he gets more stats with the Colts.

Currently our O-line is the 5th best run blocking O-line according to PFF. We now have Bradshaw and Richardson. This will mean that defenses cannot focus solely on stopping our passing game. They have to respect both the run and the pass. So in many way, this will help our O-line.

I like this move. Now it's up to our team to make sure it isn't too costly.

Going into the draft who would've thought a year later (1st)Andrew Luck and (3rd)Trent Richardson would be teammates.

He still has 3 years on his contract, so Richardson and Ballard are the 1-2 punch of the future, a tremendous weapon for Luck hope he starts vs 49ers

Do you peopke watch Browns games? This guy may be the least explosive RB in the league. Easily one of the most overrated players to ever enter the league. Just tell me it didnt cost a 1.

Another gem from the vault of GoodLuck.

I was thinking if they were going to trade for a RB it would have been someone like Bryce Brown.  This was a lot more than what I imagined

Opponents have to respect Luck, which means they can't stack the box. That's all Trent Richardson faced at Cleveland.

I'm at a loss for words..... just when I was feeling down about not getting Grand Theft Auto 5.... this happens

Return to feeling down about GTA V.

That games incredible.