Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Breaking news: Colts trade for Trent Richardson (((merge)))

NCost12

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i already said im kinda confused im not sad angre nor happy im just like confused

i want him to suceed but i just have some questions about it. and it seems the browns have some questions about his health too.

Well like I said, he only missed one game last year and he seems healthy now. I don't think the Colts would have traded for a RB who currently have injury issues. 

First Round O-Linemen, between picks 8-25 since 2008, that have made a ProBowl...Lupati(17),Pouncey(18),Mack (21), Clady(12) ( Duane Brown was 26).............4 in 4 years.....

First Round Def Players, between picks 8-25 since 2008, that have made a ProBowl...Watt, Kerrigan, Thomas, PierrePaul, Raji, Orakpo, Cushing, Mayo, DRC, Jenkins......10 in 4 years......

I don't put long term and running backs together

Long term I meant 3 years left on his deal rather than Bradshaw and brown free agents after this year. Him and Ballard are our backs for these next 3 years is what I meant. Now if they resign him after that is yet to be seen

I like it. People don't realize that our oline ha even better at run blocking than the Browns as well as our own pass blocking. This puts a little fear in the opponent now and may help us dictate matchups better if teams are now forced to stack the box.

Yes it was a first rounder but as some have noted, if we finish even in the late teens to 20's it's a major steal. Lets also not forget that those first round picks aren't sure fire by any means (See Polian last 4 years of his tenure).

I see what some people are saying about trading a first for a RB, but I don't think we should be convinced that we would get a superstar pass rusher or O-lineman with a first. Some players are just not tradable to teams.

Trent Richardson is one of the more valuable running backs in the league, so they needed to give a first.

I said it before I love this trade, but I wonder where Vick Ballard fits in next year. Bradshaw almost definitely going to be gone next year.

Split carries with Vick & Trent next year. Bradshaw will be splitting with him this year

People want to make a big deal about his injuries.  Yes, he did play through injuries (many NFL players do), but he only missed one game.  Plus, Cleveland hasn't really been much of a threat in the passing game, so he has had to face 8-9 guys in the box all game.  Now, with a viable passing attack, he will be able to face fewer defenders in the box.  And if defenses stack the box, then Luck can audible

What a great pick up for the Colts, only problem is that we have ZERO O line to open any holes for him.  It wouldn't have mattered if we had traded for A.P.

Colts currently have one of the best run blocking O-line per PFF. It was very evident in the Dolphins game.

First Round O-Linemen, between picks 8-25 since 2008, that have made a ProBowl...Lupati(17),Pouncey(18),Mack (21), Clady(12) ( Duane Brown was 26).............4 in 4 years.....

First Round Def Players, between picks 8-25 since 2008, that have made a ProBowl...Watt, Kerrigan, Thomas, PierrePaul, Raji, Orakpo, Cushing, Mayo, DRC, Jenkins......10 in 4 years......

History can say many things, but you're never guaranteed or even have a good chance of getting a pro bowler. 

EDIT: I don't know if you were saying the odds are bad, or the odds are good. 

I long ago made my feelings known on the value of running backs....and it's not much.

If Grigson was happy with a 5th rounder and a cheap FA, why spend a first on one?

Because they weren't cutting it really lol.

Honestly I don't know, but I agree a little on taking RBs first round, but only early. Late first rounds I'm okay with.

I have not read through all 5 pages so apologies if I am saying something that has already been said. But this deal is a real head scratcher. A first rounder for a RB? Does Irasy really think the Colts are going to contend this year? Ballard will be back next year, right? Why give up the first rounder for this season? Could have used that on a stud OL.

Some good points. I like the trade but it does seem like a move for a team that is contending right now. I think the Colts are a year or two away , with some extra moves. Pretty exciting though for Colts fans.

People want to make a big deal about his injuries.  Yes, he did play through injuries (many NFL players do), but he only missed one game.  Plus, Cleveland hasn't really been much of a threat in the passing game, so he has had to face 8-9 guys in the box all game.  Now, with a viable passing attack, he will be able to face fewer defenders in the box.  And if defenses stack the box, then Luck can audible

I honestly don't know any of their WR's since they got rid of J. Cribbs

Guest TeamLoloJones

I have not read through all 5 pages so apologies if I am saying something that has already been said. But this deal is a real head scratcher. A first rounder for a RB? Does Irasy really think the Colts are going to contend this year? Ballard will be back next year, right? Why give up the first rounder for this season? Could have used that on a stud OL.

We need more than one new O lineman, with Trich we don't have to use any picks at all on a RB next year.  I do agree with you for the most part, but we might have a game changer at RB for the first time in nearly a decade, so I'll take it.

Pro Bowl isn't necessarily a great marker of a good player. Andy Levitre didn't make the Pro Bowl last year, despite being one of the very best guards in the league.

Some good points. I like the trade but it does seem like a move for a team that is contending right now. I think the Colts are a year or two away , with some extra moves. Pretty exciting though for Colts fans.

It screams of desperation. Richardson does not have lightning speed either. I can think of other RBs I would rather have before him for a #1.

It's all an upfront signing bonus. Payments might have been staggered, but they all go on the Browns cap, not ours.

I don't have any problem with Richardson, he's easily the best back we've had since young Edge, and he makes life easier on Luck and the receivers (I'm hoping). But I don't think any back is worth a first round pick. That's my philosophy, right, wrong or indifferent.

It's all an upfront signing bonus. Payments might have been staggered, but they all go on the Browns cap, not ours.

I don't have any problem with Richardson, he's easily the best back we've had since young Edge, and he makes life easier on Luck and the receivers (I'm hoping). But I don't think any back is worth a first round pick. That's my philosophy, right, wrong or indifferent.

So we'll have a cap hit averaging 2.2 million over the next 3 years. Almost too good to be true that the Browns would do this . I love the deal but maybe you're right as it almost smells that the Browns would give up the 3rd pick in the draft and eat around 10 mill in cap space doing it. 

Wow !!! Irsay was right with those ridiculous tweets.. this is an earth shaker.

Jim Irsay acted like this trade was gonna make Colts fans love him. We should post this thread on his twitter.

I think more like than dislike at this juncture.

And many who aren't sure at least see the potential in the move.

Tweet it to Jimmy. I've always wanted a billionaire best friend.

random tweets i have found

Grigson has surrounded Luck with TEs a RB, some young WRs, if they can develop some OL they have GREAT young OFF nucleus.

Trent Richardson didn't mesh well with Rob Chudzinski, lobbied for carries, had bit of a diva attitude, per a source close to situation

A Browns starter tells me: "It makes sense. Trent has some things he needs to figure out before he becomes a dominant player in the league."

Saban on Trent Richardson: "We never had anyone that contributed more to the team in terms of how he played and affected other people."

Expand

Well...No matter WHAT you could trade for 10 first round picks and I guarantee you SOMEONE on this forum would call it dumb! Can't please everyone...thank goodness GM's and Owner's don't take advice from forums :)

I love the trade, Bradshaw & Richardson in the backfield behind Luck?? I mean how the freak can't your mouth be watering right now because of that. I like it! Can't WAIT for Sunday's game!