Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Breaking news: Colts trade for Trent Richardson (((merge)))

NCost12

He had ELEVEN touchdowns last year...9 rushing, which set the record for a rookie RB...sure, he had a bad season last year...especially coming off of an injury...  so honestly, what WOULD have he needed to do, for you to be impressed? Put up better numbers than Peterson? lol

TDs are a flukey stat. Him having a lot of TDs just mean he got a lot of goal-line carries.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is more of a head scratcher from the Browns perspective... They traded up to get him last year. I think they gave up a 4th rd, 5th rd, and 7th rd with the swapped firsts. This prob means Weeden is gone. There are a lot of good QBs in next year's draft and the Browns are in tank mode. They need a franchise QB more than a rb. 

Right ....and they moved up only one spot.

Again, Wayne is one of the big leaders that drives our offense. As long as he and Luck are the ones people listen to, coming to a winning culture, a lot of attitudes can be changed with backs like Richardson. Browns neither had a winning culture, nor did they have vets like Reggie Wayne for Trent to respect and learn from an attitude point of view.

The only thing that stinks is both Richardson and Luck could end up having contract demands around the same time.

If we take care of Luck after year 3, Grigson can work around it. But vets like Wayne and Bethea are probably toast. I expect Bethea to be gone after this year.

He had ELEVEN touchdowns last year...9 rushing, which set the record for a rookie RB...sure, he had a bad season last year...especially coming off of an injury...  so honestly, what WOULD have he needed to do, for you to be impressed? Put up better numbers than Peterson? lol

The dude is a joke.  If that's his unbiased and researched opinion, then quite frankly, I'll never take anything he says seriously.

We are REBUILDING/RELOADING people this is how it is done.  I will agree though that I have a little trouble with giving up a first rounder.

I'm always trying to remind people that the Colts are rebuilding - but the problem is that's NOT how it's done. It's nice that he was such a high draft pick, but the regime that took him 3rd is gone. Perhaps there's some cause and effect. I haven't watched him, but the stats certainly don't suggest that he's a guy who can significantly elevate a running game entirely on his own. That's what he needs to do to justify this. And that's ignoring the injuries and the frequent comments that Alabama backs are the product of their team, and are subjected to abnormal abuse in practices. Even if he helps how long is he going to last? A first round pick should be a foundation piece for a decade.

I hope to heck they know what they are doing, but this has a "oh my goodness we're slipping from our 11 win form, we must do something to win now" feel to it. On the heels of his tweets, that makes me wonder if Irsay realizes that he's rebuilding, and whether Grigson really wanted to do this.

Still have yet to see that movie.  Frankly, everyone talks it up so much, I don't want to watch it and hate it because it won't ever meet up to my expectations.

Godfather 2 is better, but the sopranos have rendered gangster movies obsolete

If you had traded a 2nd it would have been a good very high-risk, very high-reward trade.  Based on his highly unimpressive rookie campaign and start to this season, though, I don't think the risk is worth a 1st.

I was REALLY down on Trent after watching him play last season.  He goes third overall and then shows less on the field than Doug Martin, Alfred Morris, and Vick Ballard.  Honestly, even Bryce Brown, Lamar Miller, Bernard Pierce, and Robert Turbin seemed like better rookie contributors although it's all admittedly obfuscated by the Browns being a pretty putrid team.

Wasn't really that "unimpressive" considering he had broken ribs while playing for a team with no passing game . You watch the Browns a whole lot last year ? Huh... surprising that you would be that interested in them. 

Here's a quiz for you and other nay sayers..

In my rookie year I ran for 697 yards on 187 carries with 2 TD's. Had 30 receptions for 343 yards and 3 TD's . Second year 120 for 488 and 10 receptions for 139 yards.

Who am I ?

Browns forum having a meltdown (as I would be as well) *mod edit*

Hah yeah there are a few funny posts over there...like this one "So what happens when he runs for 1800 yards this year for the colts and we take a flyer on the 18th pick of next years draft hoping he pans out? Any 35yo QBs coming out of college next year?"

Wasn't really that "unimpressive" considering he had broken ribs while playing for a team with no passing game . You watch the Browns a whole lot last year ? Huh... surprising that you would be that interested in them. 

In my rookie year I ran for 697 yards on 187 carries with 2 TD's. Had 30 receptions for 343 yards and 3 TD's . Second year 120 for 488 and 10 receptions for 139 yards.

Who am I ?

The dude has disappeared.  Just ignore him next time.  All he does is talk trash and leave.  Never has anything intelligent to say.

OMG!  We traded away an unknown first round draft pick for a top-rated RB?!?  

:reaction:

Nobody seems to like the first rounder we got this year.  Why would it be any different next year?     :dunno:

I'm just going to point out that this is a brilliant post.

We're just getting the complaining out of the way early.

No TDs arent overrated. Scoring TDs are.

Is banking a carry in the red-zone for 1 yards really that impressive?

when our team struggles to get TDs in the redzone and has been settling for more FGs or scoreless possessions than we want to have? yes, it is that impressive.  He will help extend drives, too, on those 3rd and short yardage downs

Who am I ?

He had broken ribs and a hamstring problem this preseason. Not a good sign for a runningback especially one that is supposed to be a power back. Speaking of being a powerback he had a really low yards after contact last year. Sad to say the cleveland browns completely hustled us in this trade. He wasn't successful behind Clevelands which is significantly better than our line. Speaking of our line we just lost a 1st round pick we could have used to upgrade it. Seems Mr. Irsay already forgot his rant about how we need to protect Andrew. runningbacks are a dime a dozen and we just wasted a first round pick on one. Not to mention this only gives them more motivation to run the ball and force the run taking the ball out of Luck's hands which has been a problem.