Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NCost12

Breaking news: Colts trade for Trent Richardson (((merge)))

random tweets i have found

Grigson has surrounded Luck with TEs a RB, some young WRs, if they can develop some OL they have GREAT young OFF nucleus.

Trent Richardson didn't mesh well with Rob Chudzinski, lobbied for carries, had bit of a diva attitude, per a source close to situation

A Browns starter tells me: "It makes sense. Trent has some things he needs to figure out before he becomes a dominant player in the league."

Saban on Trent Richardson: "We never had anyone that contributed more to the team in terms of how he played and affected other people."

Expand

Thanks for these insights. I wasn't aware of the "Diva" attitude and not entirely sure if it's true. When you're talented, like Richardson is, I can understand wanting the ball more. However, if it negatively affects the team in any way, then it becomes a problem. I hope he will be okay sharing carries with Bradshaw, who as of right now is our starter.

If the Colts can make the playoffs, or get very close to it, that draft pick would be worth it for Trent.

If they have a bad year, it's more questionable.

However, now the Colts get a legit running back who has the potential to be a top 10 player in the NFL (although maybe not with the Colts). It's a great trade for fans, the team and everyone. The Browns almost guarantee a bad season now.

I think this is a very good trade. Trent Richardson was a top 3 pick last year and had top 10 talent. This has crazy potential written all over it.

I LOVE IT!!!!! I'm just very surprised right now.

Andy.....

What in the world does that mean?!?    How is the Colts getting a potential top-10 player (not top-10 RB, but top-10 player)  and then you add....    (although maybe not with the Colts)

What in the world does that mean?!?

It feels like I need an "Andy to English" translation dictionary.....      I look forward to your response....

If it means anything, Browns fans are pretty upset about it.

Yes, it means everything, because those browns fans are just like us, whiny crybaby know-it-alls :)

Our offense will not feature Luck, Richardson, Ballard (not sure how he fits in though), Allen, Hilton, possibly DHB, Wayne for a few more years, and Fleener (say what you will about him)

If you had traded a 2nd it would have been a good very high-risk, very high-reward trade.  Based on his highly unimpressive rookie campaign and start to this season, though, I don't think the risk is worth a 1st.

I was REALLY down on Trent after watching him play last season.  He goes third overall and then shows less on the field than Doug Martin, Alfred Morris, and Vick Ballard.  Honestly, even Bryce Brown, Lamar Miller, Bernard Pierce, and Robert Turbin seemed like better rookie contributors although it's all admittedly obfuscated by the Browns being a pretty putrid team.

Irsay , Grigson, and Pagano are patterning themselves after the Ravens with power running games , and large offensive and defensive lines. No press conference from Irsay , only Cleveland tonight. Twitter is his press conference.

If we can get a stud WR, perhaps Da'Rick plays up to his potential, we could have our own trio of Luck, Richardson, and Rodgers.  3 franchise players at 3 skill positions.  Throw Allen in there, who could be a top 5 TE in the league given his versatility, and you see something reminiscent of the Peyton, Edge, Marvin combo

I think this is more of a head scratcher from the Browns perspective... They traded up to get him last year. I think they gave up a 4th rd, 5th rd, and 7th rd with the swapped firsts. This prob means Weeden is gone. There are a lot of good QBs in next year's draft and the Browns are in tank mode. They need a franchise QB more than a rb. 

Irsay , Grigson, and Pagano are patterning themselves after the Ravens with power running games , and large offensive and defensive lines. No press conference from Irsay , only Cleveland tonight. Twitter is his press conference.

Twitter scares the old folks

Andy.....

What in the world does that mean?!?    How is the Colts getting a potential top-10 player (not top-10 RB, but top-10 player)  and then you add....    (although maybe not with the Colts)

What in the world does that mean?!?

It feels like I need an "Andy to English" translation dictionary.....      I look forward to your response....

I'll break it down for you...

T-Rich has crazy potential. Some expect him to be the best RB in the NFL by 2015 (few experts on ESPN), and in a few years he could have been a top 10 player in the NFL.

He has that kind of potential.

However, I don't think he can achieve that potential with the Colts and Luck. Again though, he has that potential and could be very good in this offense. I said the top 10 thing because that's the kind of talent/potential he has, but I don't think he'll do that with the Colts.

Clearer?

Browns fans being annoyed is obvious. They do no reap the rewards of this trade until next year, whilst we benefit now.

Fans will always be in win-now mode.

I think this is more of a head scratcher from the Browns perspective... They traded up to get him last year. I think they gave up a 4th rd, 5th rd, and 7th rd with the swapped firsts. This prob means Weeden is gone. There are a lot of good QBs in next year's draft and the Browns are in tank mode. They need a franchise QB more than a rb.

New regime. Lombardi ripped the Richardson pick last year

There's a lot we don't know in trades like this. Concerns over Richardson's health high among them.

So it's Trent Richardson. Makes sense. Browns didn't see downfield explosion and he has injuries concerns. Colts looking for a pounder

he might not have missed much last year, but he was constantly battling injuries...and his rookie year he did miss some games

There's a key difference- we can afford to let him get healthy if he's nicked up; Cleveland couldn't and kept running him, regardless of whether the box was stacked or not. 

He'll get fronts that are easier to run against here and won't be the only weapon, so we can manage his workload and any nagging injuries he might have from being overworked.

I'll break it down for you...

T-Rich has crazy potential. Some expect him to be the best RB in the NFL by 2015 (few experts on ESPN), and in a few years he could have been a top 10 player in the NFL.

He has that kind of potential.

However, I don't think he can achieve that potential with the Colts and Luck. Again though, he has that potential and could be very good in this offense. I said the top 10 thing because that's the kind of talent/potential he has, but I don't think he'll do that with the Colts.

Clearer?

Why not with the Colts if I may ask? Because he won't be the focus of the O like say Peterson?

I don't understand this business about him not fitting Chudzi's offense.  He runs with power and is decently fast, he has good vision and instincts, he can catch the ball, he is big and strong enough to block, what more do you want?

Grigson is a god.

We have the #1 & #3 picks from last year. Grigson managed to do it without giving up any additional picks, just one future 1st for CLE. Bad trade for CLE. Great value for the Colts.

@brian_mcintyre: So for 17 games of Trent Richardson, the Browns spent $13,887,125. He'll count $6.67M against their 2014 cap, as well.

We dodged all that money for him, sucks for the Browns

Why not with the Colts if I may ask? Because he won't be the focus of the O like say Peterson?

Most likely.  But keep in mind that with being the focus of the O means being the focus of the opposing defense and being hit a lot.  Being part of a team that can pass the ball will keep Richardson healthier for longer

If you had traded a 2nd it would have been a good very high-risk, very high-reward trade.  Based on his highly unimpressive rookie campaign and start to this season, though, I don't think the risk is worth a 1st.

I was REALLY down on Trent after watching him play last season.  He goes third overall and then shows less on the field than Doug Martin, Alfred Morris, and Vick Ballard.  Honestly, even Bryce Brown, Lamar Miller, Bernard Pierce, and Robert Turbin seemed like better rookie contributors although it's all admittedly obfuscated by the Browns being a pretty putrid team.

I can't even take you seriously.  Unimpressive start?  He was asked to do what Adrian Peterson did his rookie year, and he was close.  300 yards less and 1 less TD.  And Peterson wasn't dealing with a rookie QB.

Yes, that's pretty much the reason why. 

It screams of desperation. Richardson does not have lightning speed either. I can think of other RBs I would rather have before him for a #1.

Richardson's speed is fine. He was a year removed from knee surgery last year. The last thing I'm worried about with Richardson is his speed.

As for the last sentence, I don't want ANY running back for a #1.

Holy guacamole.

Chances he plays this week?

he'll likely get minimal snaps. Gotta learn that playbook.

"Never tell anyone outside the family what you are thinking ." The Godfather 1972

Overrated movie

I don't understand this business about him not fitting Chudzi's offense.  He runs with power and is decently fast, he has good vision and instincts, he can catch the ball, he is big and strong enough to block, what more do you want?

Chud seemingly doesn't like using running backs lol. He didn't in Carolina either

He had ELEVEN touchdowns last year...9 rushing, which set the record for a rookie RB...sure, he had a bad season last year...especially coming off of an injury...  so honestly, what WOULD have he needed to do, for you to be impressed? Put up better numbers than Peterson? lol

Well, if you are some fans on this forum they want an average of 25ypc....then it would be a good trade :P