Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Breaking news: Colts trade for Trent Richardson (((merge)))

NCost12

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just pointing out stats. I actually like the trade for the Colts, and also the Ravens. That game in Cleveland just got a bit easier.

Why no stats from good games last year I wonder lol?

No mention of his Cinnci game with over a hundred yards rushing?

Sample size is small both ways.

Huge gamble and I have a bad feeling that this is going to be considered a big mistake in the future. I do not believe an RB like Richardson is worth a 1st round draft pick. He had a 3.5 yard average behind a good OL and he is often on injury report.

OL is good, but not hard to stop a RB when throwing the ball is a joke.

One 1st round draft pick isn't going to ruin us anyways.

Brown is here and we're still kicking lol.

If this season becomes a top 5 pick season, this move is a disaster. However, if we pick in the range we did this year, and Richardson pans out. That's a very solid trade.

I long ago made my feelings known on the value of running backs....and it's not much.

If Grigson was happy with a 5th rounder and a cheap FA, why spend a first on one?

He played 15 games last year

There's a lot we don't know in trades like this. Concerns over Richardson's health high among them.

So it's Trent Richardson. Makes sense. Browns didn't see downfield explosion and he has injuries concerns. Colts looking for a pounder

he might not have missed much last year, but he was constantly battling injuries...and his rookie year he did miss some games

Huge gamble and I have a bad feeling that this is going to be considered a big mistake in the future. I do not believe an RB like Richardson is worth a 1st round draft pick. He had a 3.5 yard average behind a good OL and he is often on injury report. 

You go try being a RB with 8 men waiting to hit you cause they're pilled up in the box cause your QB is no threat. Let's see if you don't get dinged up too. Give the guy a chance here before everyone gives up on him. You can't stack the box against Luck or you WILL pay for it

You have to give it to Grigson...he's got balls and will do whatever it takes to make this team better.  Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over & over and expecting different results.  That was Bill Polian.  The Colts front office is trying to learn from past mistakes. 

I guess Irsay was really PO'd about Donald missing that block at the end of the game and a message was sent.  Some of you get it - Bradshaw was only going to be here for a year anyway.  Bradshaw & Richardson will punish defenses and be able to pick up the blitz for Luck.  Next year, it will be Richardson and Ballard - we'll be set at the RB position for many years.

Ironically, this trade never happens if we were under the old CBA.   

There's a lot we don't know in trades like this. Concerns over Richardson's health high among them.

So it's Trent Richardson. Makes sense. Browns didn't see downfield explosion and he has injuries concerns. Colts looking for a pounder

he might not have missed much last year, but he was constantly battling injuries...and his rookie year he did miss some games

He missed one game...

I have not read through all 5 pages so apologies if I am saying something that has already been said. But this deal is a real head scratcher. A first rounder for a RB? Does Irasy really think the Colts are going to contend this year? Ballard will be back next year, right? Why give up the first rounder for this season? Could have used that on a stud OL.

I love it, everybody can nitpick on why they don't like it, but this is a long term weapon for us, a playmaker just get him the ball catching and running, y'all can complain but I bet you Luck is cheesing right now

I don't put long term and running backs together

That's the sticking point for me too. I don't mind the concept of TR, I can imagine him being great in this offense... But if they were willing to give up a 1st, I wish it would've been on a legit pass rusher. It would've helped the DBs, freed up Mathis, etc.

How do you know they didn't try or aren't trying.  You gotta have 2 parties interested to make a deal.  I can't imagine many teams are looking to unload very young legit pass rushing machines.

gregg rosenthal@greggrosenthal31s

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora36m

Last year was his rookie year and he played in 15 games

i think you nay sayers are wrong on this one. Richardson has been nicked up and playing for a team where opponents played mostly 8 in the box. He should be better than what we would have available in 2014 draft. I wonder how much of the 13 mill in signing bonus the Browns eat ? I looked at various cap sites and cannot find anything more than 13 mill prorated over 4 years. Could it be that they have to eat the whole bonus ? I don't see anything that says part was a roster bonus in later years.....

It's all an upfront signing bonus. Payments might have been staggered, but they all go on the Browns cap, not ours.

I don't have any problem with Richardson, he's easily the best back we've had since young Edge, and he makes life easier on Luck and the receivers (I'm hoping). But I don't think any back is worth a first round pick. That's my philosophy, right, wrong or indifferent.

I was very pleased with the way that Ahmad Bradshaw ran the ball in the Dolphins game. Now we've added Trent Richardson! Teams will be on notice. 

I can now see more sustained offensive drives, more tough-to-get first downs, and more balance in our offense. Overall, this could have good implications for our team.

Does anyone know how well Richardson catches out of the backfield?

I see what some people are saying about trading a first for a RB, but I don't think we should be convinced that we would get a superstar pass rusher or O-lineman with a first. Some players are just not tradable to teams.

Trent Richardson is one of the more valuable running backs in the league, so they needed to give a first.

I said it before I love this trade, but I wonder where Vick Ballard fits in next year. Bradshaw almost definitely going to be gone next year.

I was very pleased with the way that Ahmad Bradshaw ran the ball in the Dolphins game. Now we've added Trent Richardson! Teams will be on notice. 

I can now see more sustained offensive drives, more tough-to-get first downs, and more balance in our offense. Overall, this could have good implications for our team.

Does anyone know how well Richardson catches out of the backfield?

He can do it all..