Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

colts record be end of the season ?

mintor

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple months ago I said we'd go 10-6, I'm gunna change that to 8-8. Hopefully the coaching schemes and staff get things together and in stride by the end of the season. Then we'll have more money to throw around another draft under our belt and I'm sure some trades that Grigs will pull. People forget this is a rebuilding team no matter how many wins we had last season. Don't panic, have low expectations, and hope for the best. I'm sure we'll be in the super bowl in at least 2-3 years. This team is getting better, they just need some time and adjustment. The monster won't be built in one week, one month, one year. 

If the team plays the same way as the first 2 games:

week 3  at SF - L

week 4  at Jax - W

week 5  vs Sea - L

week 6  at SD  - L (probable)

week 7  vs Den - L

week 8  Bye

week 9  at Hou - L

week 10 vs StL - W

week 11 at Ten -  ? W (probable)

week 12 at Ari - ? W (maybe)

week 13 vs Ten - W

week 14 at Cin - L

week 15 vs Hou - W

week 16 at KC - L

week 17 vs Jax - W

So I guess it is 7-9 but it could be worse...I had the Miami game as a W (probable).

...anyway, we are going to get a good draft position next year.

I was wondering all along why people's expectations on this board were so high before the season. Lots of young players and lots of guys that have never played together before. Some guys we didn't know much about. Plus, we are still in rebuilding mode. I didn't expect to go 11-5 again. There was a lot good luck and good bounces to get 11 wins last year. I say we are an 8-8 team honestly. Andrew is still learning, Grigson is still learning, Pagano is still learning, Pep is definitely still learning. Next year or the following year is when the Colts really hit their stride. Enjoy it in the meantime. Get off the ledge and lower expectations just a little:)

I said 8-8 well before the season began, and got blasted for it lol. One loss and everyone is jumping off the bandwagon.

Still not wavering off that mark though. Lots of Luck improvement, and team improvement, but a step back in wins was my prediction before training camp.

If the team plays the same way as the first 2 games:

week 3  at SF - L

week 4  at Jax - W

week 5  vs Sea - L

week 6  at SD  - L (probable)

week 7  vs Den - L

week 8  Bye

week 9  at Hou - L

week 10 vs StL - W

week 11 at Ten -  ? W (probable)

week 12 at Ari - ? W (maybe)

week 13 vs Ten - W

week 14 at Cin - L

week 15 vs Hou - W

week 16 at KC - L

week 17 vs Jax - W

So I guess it is 7-9 but it could be worse...I had the Miami game as a W (probable).

...anyway, we are going to get a good draft position next year.

I'm reading that as 8-8.  Unless you're not counting the maybe for the Cardinals.

This place will be on funeral watch after the Houston game if this comes to pass.  The sad thing is that 2-6 actually looks pretty likely at that point.  If we're at 3 or 4 wins we'll actually be in decent shape.

The only way we can make the playoffs is winning the division, not as a wildcard. The Dolphins already have the tiebreaker over us and they have bills2x, jets,2x, panthers,bucs,chargers, steerlers,ravens,patriots,ravens. The Chiefs play the giants,titans,raiders2x,browns,bills,chargers2x, redskins, and colts.  I think both dolphins and chiefs will  win 10+ games and make it as the wildcards.

The way our defense is playing and the conservative pay calling by Pep(run on every 1st down) we look like a 6-10 team. If Pryor and Tannehill looked great against Manusky's vanilla defense then i can only imagine what Peyton,Kaep,Rivers,Dalton,Wilson are gonna do. I'm optimistic that we can turn it around but i'm not counting on it.

10-6.  We lost a tough one against a team that's probably better then anybody is giving them credit for.  We'll steal one back against a team that's worse then we expect.

...and that team might be Cincy.  There's always a sexy pre-season pick who underachieves during the season.  Also, NE finally looks vunerable and all the injuries/defections will catch up with Brady.  Don't be surprised if Miami overtakes NE and wins the east.

We can go 10-6 and be a much better team than the one who went 11-5.  We'll have a sense of where this team is after the 1st Hou game. 

With this team, I'd still rather go 10-6 as a WC and have another one & done in the playoffs than miss the playoffs entirely for a higher draft pick.      

...and that team might be Cincy.  There's always a sexy pre-season pick who underachieves during the season.  Also, NE finally looks vunerable and all the injuries/defections will catch up with Brady.  Don't be surprised if Miami overtakes NE and wins the east.

We can go 10-6 and be a much better team than the one who went 11-5.  We'll have a sense of where this team is after the 1st Hou game. 

With this team, I'd still rather go 10-6 as a WC and have another one & done in the playoffs than miss the playoffs entirely for a higher draft pick.      

I'm eying them and San Diego to get to ten wins.  It gets dicey if we lose any more games we should win, though.  

I expect Seattle and San Fran to be pretty brutal.  If we win either of those I'm back to thinking we've got a chance at the division.