Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

colts record be end of the season ?

mintor

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely not. But the people that refuse to see glaring faults and scream that the team is going to the Super Bowl, Andrew Luck is the MVP and we will wallop the 49ers this week certainly are. I am always for enthusiasm. I am not into mindless homerism.

Show me those people, please. Particularly in this thread.

Anyone who disagrees with you is a mindless homer, is what you're saying. That's the gist of it.

Anyone who disagrees with you is a mindless homer, is what you're saying. That's the gist of it.

Well, here's at least one:

And what weakness would that be? I have been watching Luck for 4 years now and I am not able to see any weaknesses. I have not heard anyone credible saying he has any weaknesses either. 

ADVANTAGE Luck!

Absolutely not. But the people that refuse to see glaring faults and scream that the team is going to the Super Bowl, Andrew Luck is the MVP and we will wallop the 49ers this week certainly are. I am always for enthusiasm. I am not into mindless homerism.

Save your words...you just cannot talk rationally to these fans who are living in a fantasy world where their team is all wonderful and they refuse to see the 'warts'.

Speaking of Riiiight...

I am sure your Mini-Me Goodtimes will show up soon, after he fixes the door Charles Ramsey kicked in.

So me believing that Luck does have some weaknesses, some issues he needs to work through because, you know, he's still just beginning his 2nd year as an NFL QB and no player ever has been completely without weakness, especially a young QB still adjusting to the NFL, but all that puts me in the same category as Goodtimes?  Got it.   :slaphead:

I disagree with about 95% of what Goodtimes says.  Though to be honest I sometimes wonder if even Goodtimes believes 95% of what he says or rather if he just posts things like that to have a little fun with people like you.  

So me believing that Luck does have some weaknesses, some issues he needs to work through because, you know, he's still just beginning his 2nd year as an NFL QB and no player ever has been completely without weakness, especially a young QB still adjusting to the NFL, but all that puts me in the same category as Goodtimes?  Got it.   :slaphead:

I disagree with about 95% of what Goodtimes says.  Though to be honest I sometimes wonder if even Goodtimes believes 95% of what he says or rather if he just posts things like that to have a little fun with people like you.  

You are entitled to an opinion, and I was just pulling your chain on the goodtimes association.

I still do not see any weaknesses with Luck. He will only get better and he tends to put bad plays behind him quickly. 

You are entitled to an opinion, and I was just pulling your chain on the goodtimes association.

I still do not see any weaknesses with Luck. He will only get better and he tends to put bad plays behind him quickly. 

I agree that he will only get better and that he puts bad plays behind him quickly, but wouldn't the fact that he has bad plays on occasion point to there being a weakness in his game?  The interception he threw and the throw to Hilton that Hilton had to jump over the defender to make the catch...those are 2 very easy examples of poor throws on his part.  That is a weakness, his accuracy is sometimes not what it could be.   That doesn't make him a bad Qb, it doesn't mean he's destined for failure, it simply means that he's still a very young QB, still learning to play in the NFL and it means there are still facets of  his game that need to be polished.  There's nothing wrong with admitting that he's not perfect.  NO player is perfect. ;)

I agree that he will only get better and that he puts bad plays behind him quickly, but wouldn't the fact that he has bad plays on occasion point to there being a weakness in his game?  The interception he threw and the throw to Hilton that Hilton had to jump over the defender to make the catch...those are 2 very easy examples of poor throws on his part.  That is a weakness, his accuracy is sometimes not what it could be.   That doesn't make him a bad Qb, it doesn't mean he's destined for failure, it simply means that he's still a very young QB, still learning to play in the NFL and it means there are still facets of  his game that need to be polished.  There's nothing wrong with admitting that he's not perfect.  NO player is perfect. ;)

No QB is perfectly accurate on every throw, and that includes ones who have been in the league for 5-10 years. 

Lucks accuracy is good, he has great pocket awareness, and his ability to make something out of nothing is right up there with any QB I have ever seen play. He is light years ahead in development. 

Luck is already a polished QB, and he still has room to grow. It is going to be an amazing next 10 years to watch him mature into a veteran QB.

Raiders W

Dolphins L

49ers L

Jaguars W

Seahawks W

Chargers L

Broncos W

Texans L

Rams W

Titans W

Cardinals W

Titans W

Bengals L

Texans W

Chiefs L

Jaguars W

10 - 6

You really think we are going to beat the Seahawks and the Broncos?

Given how both teams are currently playing I think splitting with the Titans is more realistic than sweeping them.

A couple of folks were kind enough to post those for me. I don't mind people disagreeing with me. I have never learned anything from people who agreed with me. But people who make comments like those that are pointed out are not put their full powers of observation to good use. I wasn't just talking about this thread but many others. If you come down to just those people, this forum will be very boring. It is intolerant of people they don't agree with now. They just start screaming "troll" and the police come running.

Save your words...you just cannot talk rationally to these fans who are living in a fantasy world where their team is all wonderful and they refuse to see the 'warts'.

Thank you and you are absolutely right as I have learned many times.

Edited by Superman

A couple of folks were kind enough to post those for me. I don't mind people disagreeing with me. I have never learned anything from people who agreed with me. But people who make comments like those that are pointed out are not put their full powers of observation to good use. I wasn't just talking about this thread but many others. If you come down to just those people, this forum will be very boring. It is intolerant of people they don't agree with now. They just start screaming "troll" and the police come running.

That's absolutely not true. There is plenty of healthy dissent on this board. And it comes without calling those who disagree mindless homers who can't think or see straight.

Your problem is that you won't rest until everyone knows how you feel about the Colts getting rid of Manning for Luck, and then you want everyone to agree with you. You really should just give it a rest.

That's absolutely not true. There is plenty of healthy dissent on this board. And it comes without calling those who disagree mindless homers who can't think or see straight.

Your problem is that you won't rest until everyone knows how you feel about the Colts getting rid of Manning for Luck, and then you want everyone to agree with you. You really should just give it a rest.

That is absolutely not true. I don't expect anyone to agree with me. And I don't call everyone who does mindless homers. The ones who say Luck has no faults (as another poster pointed out) or that the Colts should be in the Super Bowl this year do fall into that category in my opinion. I don't mind cheerleaders and I usually just ignore them unless they are remarkably silly.

Edited by Superman