Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I like it when the experts don't believe in us.

superrep1967

I'm really do like it when the experts don't believe in us. Because it's hilarious when we prove them wrong. I know people like Mike Wells don't want to be called a homer so he says we're going to take a step back. I'm not really sure he really believes that but that's what he's going to say through the media on ESPN.com anyway along with Kravitz that's just the way it is. 

I have followed this team intently since the end of last season and I know this team is very talented. I know this team has a supposive tougher schedule. But my question is if you think this team isn't a super bowl contender and will take a step back who's better? I really want to know! Because we made the playoffs last season with a lot less talent. This defense looks better than I can ever remember and this offense has a lot of weapons and is going to be very good. So yes tell me who's better and we can talk about it. 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that some of these "experts" may do a lot more studying and watching of game film than the average fan.. But everything they say is purely opinion based if you ask me. As fans we love them if they praise the Colts and think they are * if not. Who cares what "experts" think, lets just hope our guys go out and have a good season

So many times those "experts" haven't got a clue about what the Colts are doing or even what player are on the team.   And many simply don't want a team from Indianapolis to be good.  They would rather have Washington, NY, or a California team to do well.  It's always been like that.

If the Colts could do what they did last year with injuries, a weaker team, and  system that probably wasn't the best thing for Luck, just imagine what they will do this year!  I see a top 12 defense and a top 5 Offense and a first round playoff win at least.

So many times those "experts" haven't got a clue about what the Colts are doing or even what player are on the team.   And many simply don't want a team from Indianapolis to be good.  They would rather have Washington, NY, or a California team to do well.  It's always been like that.

If the Colts could do what they did last year with injuries, a weaker team, and  system that probably wasn't the best thing for Luck, just imagine what they will do this year!  I see a top 12 defense and a top 5 Offense and a first round playoff win at least.

That's exactly what I always say about the so called experts. 

I'm really do like it when the experts don't believe in us. Because it's hilarious when we prove them wrong. I know people like Mike Wells don't want to be called a homer so he says we're going to take a step back. I'm not really sure he really believes that but that's what he's going to say through the media on ESPN.com anyway along with Kravitz that's just the way it is. 

I have followed this team intently since the end of last season and I know this team is very talented. I know this team has a supposive tougher schedule. But my question is if you think this team isn't a super bowl contender and will take a step back who's better? I really want to know! Because we made the playoffs last season with a lot less talent. This defense looks better than I can ever remember and this offense has a lot of weapons and is going to be very good. So yes tell me who's better and we can talk about it. 

The issue for Mike Wells isn't that he doesn't want to be a homer...   he's predicting a step because most everyone in the media is predicting the Colts will take a step back.     I'd say the ratio of "step back" vs. "will make the playoffs"  is roughly 10 to 1.

10 media types predicting we won't make the playoffs for every one that predicts we will.

It's not the world's biggest insult to think we're going to win 8 or 9 games and miss the playoffs.

I think we'll win 10 and make the playoffs.   But the difference between me and many of the experts is one win.

One.   Win.   

That's it.

The media is not anti-Indianapolis like so many here think....    they're just not convinced we're going to capture lightning in a bottle two years in a row....

Our future is bright.   On that most everyone agrees.   I'd rather be a fan of the Colts than a fan of the majority of the rest of the NFL teams.     Our future is much better than most...    :thmup:

I feel like this team is being built in the models of the Ravens/Pats/Steelers.  Very smashmouth hard-hitting team that plays hard on both sides of the ball.  Not too many big names but guys who will come in and get the job done.

So when "experts" look at our team on paper, they don't see enough "names" to say this team is good.  But once the Monster comes together and let out onto the NFL, they will then see what Pags and company have been building.

EDIT:  I know you guys will throw a fit over the Pats, but I'm talking the old Pats when they had Bruschi, Seau, Harrison, Milloy, and others.

I love when the "experts" get on tv and say things that are way off. it makes my heart smile. what bugs me is reading the comments below the stories and articles from people who try to claim they know about a team when it is very apparent they never seen a game but just blurt out stats... oh well, thats just todays world i guess.

If the NFL wants to continue to maintain its product, they should ban all ex players from tv gigs. For every good analyst that would eliminate, there are hundreds of bad ones we never have to see.

I couldn't agree more. It seems like I don't enjoy any of the NFL shows anymore. If it's not a host stroking an ex jock it's a jock who just thinks they are good at announcing. 

Oh stop it. There are plenty of 'experts' out there climbing aboard the Luck-y bandwagon. They love Golden Boy. There may be more people picking the Texans to win the division than the Colts, but I've seen my share of "Colts have Luck, Texans have suck" or some lame play on words that's already so played out. The vast majority of predictions I see have Indy in the playoffs again this year. Even if they say you're only gonna win 10 games, they still have you in the playoffs. So for every 'expert' saying the Colts are going 7-9 and missing the boat, there are 2 more saying they'll go 10-6 with a wildcard spot.

Oh stop it. There are plenty of 'experts' out there climbing aboard the Luck-y bandwagon. They love Golden Boy. There may be more people picking the Texans to win the division than the Colts, but I've seen my share of "Colts have Luck, Texans have suck" or some lame play on words that's already so played out. The vast majority of predictions I see have Indy in the playoffs again this year. Even if they say you're only gonna win 10 games, they still have you in the playoffs. So for every 'expert' saying the Colts are going 7-9 and missing the boat, there are 2 more saying they'll go 10-6 with a wildcard spot.

Agreed. Every day there is a new thread created linking an article, and the title being along the lines off 'Finally someone is giving us the credit we deserve'.

There has been loads of positive stuff in the mainstream media regarding the Colts and Luck this off-season. Some people just love to play the victim card.

Agreed. Every day there is a new thread created linking an article, and the title being along the lines off 'Finally someone is giving us the credit we deserve'.

There has been loads of positive stuff in the mainstream media regarding the Colts and Luck this off-season. Some people just love to play the victim card.

I know i keep hearing on TV on varying shows many an analyst that likes our team and says the 3-4 will be so much better this year & getting pep oir offense is going to & has shown to be able to run smoothly

Bye for today

Hope had good holiday, its back to dem docs again today, I have a calender I take with me with Colt games to Drs so know to try  not to schedule one the day after, esp if a night game, a habit i just got into over the years , sometimes have too as to many drs

The inferiority complex that has hit this fanbase has been rather insufferable lately. It started happening a few years back when our fanbase forgot that we were the media darling for years. Now unless the media sticks their head up our teams butt they are labelled as some kind of hater even though a lot of what I have read about our team is logical and I could easily happen.  

There has been plenty of people who have said positive stuff about this team and Luck.  The ones that are picking us to take a step back this season still love Luck and see our future as bright.  They just think we played above our heads last season.

I know i keep hearing on TV on varying shows many an analyst that likes our team and says the 3-4 will be so much better this year & getting pep oir offense is going to & has shown to be able to run smoothly

Bye for today

Hope had good holiday, its back to dem docs again today, I have a calender I take with me with Colt games to Drs so know to try  not to schedule one the day after, esp if a night game, a habit i just got into over the years , sometimes have too as to many drs

Good to hear from you, hang in there. Thoughts and prayers sent your way. 

Most "experts" or polls have us ranked 11th in the league and challenging the Texans for the division which is pretty good considering just 2 years ago the Colts were 2-14. I never put too much stock into what they say anyway cause every year is supposed to be the year the Cowboys breakout or Brady wins another SB.

You got a link to that article? Sounds like a good read :)

The offensive line is still very bad. The special teams are even worse. You have one wide receiver who is approaching social security age and another that has hands of stone and has never been able to hold on to anything. You have a tight end who played badly last year and was terrible in the preseason. I don't see all of these weapons that you do.

Now, who is better in the AFC. I suspect you will not agree with anything but here is a try. Houston, Cincy, Pittsburgh, Denver, New England, Baltimore are certainly better and more complete teams than the Colts. I suspect San Diego and Kansas City are just about as good or better than the Colts. If you had in the NFC teams who are better, Green Bay, San Francisco, Seattle, NYG, Washington, Atlanta, New Orleans, Dallas and Chicago. You can see that the Colts are really an average team with average talent. Who played absurdly over their heads last year and, yes, they are going to come down to earth and have a record befitting an average team. They will be somewhere between 7-9, 8-8 and 9-7. If everything breaks well for them again, they have an outside chance to be 10-6 but I find that highly unlikely. Nonetheless, they will be better than last year but with a more realistic record.

I love when the "experts" get on tv and say things that are way off. it makes my heart smile. what bugs me is reading the comments below the stories and articles from people who try to claim they know about a team when it is very apparent they never seen a game but just blurt out stats... oh well, thats just todays world i guess.

Exactly!

The offensive line is still very bad. The special teams are even worse. You have one wide receiver who is approaching social security age and another that has hands of stone and has never been able to hold on to anything. You have a tight end who played badly last year and was terrible in the preseason. I don't see all of these weapons that you do.

Now, who is better in the AFC. I suspect you will not agree with anything but here is a try. Houston, Cincy, Pittsburgh, Denver, New England, Baltimore are certainly better and more complete teams than the Colts. I suspect San Diego and Kansas City are just about as good or better than the Colts. If you had in the NFC teams who are better, Green Bay, San Francisco, Seattle, NYG, Washington, Atlanta, New Orleans, Dallas and Chicago. You can see that the Colts are really an average team with average talent. Who played absurdly over their heads last year and, yes, they are going to come down to earth and have a record befitting an average team. They will be somewhere between 7-9, 8-8 and 9-7. If everything breaks well for them again, they have an outside chance to be 10-6 but I find that highly unlikely. Nonetheless, they will be better than last year but with a more realistic record.

While you are certainly entitled to your opinion I will disagree with a couple of them. Wayne is older but still has the skills with 106 catches and 1,355 yards last season. It is yet to be determined if DHB has hands of stone as he has looked very good so far in training camp and preseason games. The verdict is still out on the o-line being they just started playing together. Your comment about the special teams play is not correct in my opinion. Last season 5 of 7 receivers were rookies so that will improve this season. Pittsburg didn't make the playoffs last year so them being better than the Colts is debatable with their lack of a decent RB and o-line to protect Ben. Till Kansas City and San Diego can put together teams that make the playoffs that comment is questionable. There are very few people who agree that the Colts are just an average team and I am not referring to Colt fans. The 10-6 record may be close but keep in mind that Luck has a season under his belt and will play better in turn making the players around him better. We also have a better than average RB in Bradshaw who can pick up those 3rd and 2s and is a very good receiver out of the backfield. Bradshaw's is one of the best blockers in the NFL. So as much as you say different there seems to be more than just Colts fans who have a different view of things that you. We will wait to see I guess. 

Oh Dear God...

Regarding the OP, I like it when the media says nothing about expectations of the Colts and the Colts just go about taking care of their business. What they say, either positive or negative, has no influence whatsoever on what's going on with Indy. I just go to the media for factual info like cuts, roster moves, stats, etc...

It isn't worth losing sleep over.

I mean that just frees up more time for the media to talk ad nauseum about more important teams like the Jets, who haven't done anything since the "Guarantee"!

I myself don't really  talk about "no respect" i just have no clue why a team sport like this has so much attention on individual status. Some of these Experts claim we won't be as good because we lost B.A... or because close games can't go our way this year because they did last year. Honestly i don't ever remember B.A taking a snap or making a tackle... Or back when we "The Indianapolis Colts" won the Superbowl why it did not really count because the Bears had Rex Grossman. Did Peyton and Rex go one on one at half time or something? My point is these "experts" should have to say the were wrong  and should state actual reasoning for their view point if they can have their opinions heard especially on tv.

A person asked me how far i felt we could go this year. I said well if we can stay healthy and grow as a team i think we could go to the superbowl we have addressed every position we needed to. His reply was " thats impossible" and he walked away. 

Funny we always hear Luck needs to throw less Ints after his 1 only year in the NFL to date... 18 is too many but there was a MVP QB who threw more... but got a pass because his coach was suspended.