Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I like it when the experts don't believe in us.

superrep1967

Wilson playing for a better team doesn't make him the better player lol.

If you want to pose the argument that he will have more success this season with the Seahawks I could agree with that more. But pound for pound Andrew is the more complete, and ultimately, better of the two right now.

Luck also has a better skill set than Kap, but again you run into the issue of playing for a better team. Still Luck over Kap.

Newton I'll grudgingly give you. And RG3 is just ahead at this stage. But it isn't a huge gap by any means.

Of the quarterbacks you named, Newton is the worst one.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans are really dumb. Look at some of the ones here.

I agree. I once saw a poster here say that Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker were better than Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne and that Julius Thomas (a guy who has 5 career yards) is better than Dwayne Allen.

Oh stop it. There are plenty of 'experts' out there climbing aboard the Luck-y bandwagon. They love Golden Boy. There may be more people picking the Texans to win the division than the Colts, but I've seen my share of "Colts have Luck, Texans have suck" or some lame play on words that's already so played out. The vast majority of predictions I see have Indy in the playoffs again this year. Even if they say you're only gonna win 10 games, they still have you in the playoffs. So for every 'expert' saying the Colts are going 7-9 and missing the boat, there are 2 more saying they'll go 10-6 with a wildcard spot.

Of the 39 predictions on ESPN:

3 have the Colts winning the division

20 have the Colts making the playoffs

16 have Colts missing playoffs

Of the quarterbacks you named, Newton is the worst one.

I give him the edge to Cam on straight experience going into this year. Because he ended last year playing pretty well. However, I fully expect Luck to look the better player when the season wraps up.

I can somewhat understand why certain sports network employees would assume the Colts would be worse this season.  They look at the Grigson cancer story, the fact that the Colts squeezed by teams with losing records and the tougher schedule this season and it's a "no brainer".  But they don't look at the fact that this roster is much stronger, that many holes were filled, and young players have progressed.  These "experts" really don't follow this team as closely as we do.  Most of these "experts" simply commentate on every major American sport, probably only watch preferrred games and know a little bit about everything, but not alot about one, especially the Colts. 

It certainly isn't completely out of the question for the Colts to go 7-9 or 8-8, missing the playoffs.  But I am not expecting it as a fact.  I think this team will go 10-6, maybe even 11-5 and get the wildcard spot.  Houston still wins the division, IMO.  

Hmm, Lucks rookie year was better then both of Newtons years, Newton had a running game to by the way. Mentally Cam is not even in the same zip code as Luck, Griffin seriously the mental equal of Luck.....is that why he went number 2 in the draft ? His coaches need to use him a bit more wisely? your seriously blaming Shanahan for Griffin getting injured? It was a guarantee it was going to happen no matter the coach or no matter how much you disagree, When he is running he is not smart with it. He needed to learn how to slide. Miracle is a strong word, it did not take some divine intervention lol, it just took a darn good QB lol and a softer schedule then some will admit.......If the Panthers dont get to .500 the reason is behind Center. Put any of the receiving talent that the Panthers have on the Colts and Luck would make them look better then Cam

Luck exceeded some of Newton's records. He also had some burbs. His 54% completion percentage eliminates Luck from any serious discussion with these other QBs you mention. Griffin played football in college and graduated in there years. That is not a person who lacks mental discipline. He will make those changes. Luck took much more punishment with his slow release and inability to get rid of he ball quickly. It is a miracle he wasn't hurt. I don't want to get into an argument about Luck. He is the face of the franchise and our QB of the future. Right now, this year, I would take Newton or RGIII ahead of him. RGIII was second in QB rating last year. Luck was down in the bottom five or six. I know you will now blast the QB rating system and you will find another system you like better because it favors Luck. The QB rating is the way QBs have been considered for years. RGIII was over 100. Luck was in the 70s. That says enough right there. Now, I think Luck will get better as the talent around him improves. I don't think that will be this year with all of the changes.

Cam is better than Luck???????  LOL  

I fully expect Luck to have the best 2nd year out of last year's QB class !!!  Yes last year's season could certainly have been seen as a miracle season.  BUT, I expect us to have an even better season this year considering all the additions and upgrades to our roster.

The Colts will pick up where we left off last year IMO.  Alot of people and talking heads expect us to take a step back, but I just don't see that happening.  

Let's GOOOO Colts !!!!!!!!!!!   :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:

He didn't have the best first year, how could he pass all of them in the second year?

Luck exceeded some of Newton's records. He also had some burbs. His 54% completion percentage eliminates Luck from any serious discussion with these other QBs you mention. Griffin played football in college and graduated in there years. That is not a person who lacks mental discipline. He will make those changes. Luck took much more punishment with his slow release and inability to get rid of he ball quickly. It is a miracle he wasn't hurt. I don't want to get into an argument about Luck. He is the face of the franchise and our QB of the future. Right now, this year, I would take Newton or RGIII ahead of him. RGIII was second in QB rating last year. Luck was down in the bottom five or six. I know you will now blast the QB rating system and you will find another system you like better because it favors Luck. The QB rating is the way QBs have been considered for years. RGIII was over 100. Luck was in the 70s. That says enough right there. Now, I think Luck will get better as the talent around him improves. I don't think that will be this year with all of the changes.

he also threw the ball down field more then many of those QB's.couple that behind no O Line and it was going to happen....Put the other QB's ya mention behind our O Line and Griffin would have gotten hurt even if he stayed In the pocket, Cam while as physically gifted as Luck, Luck is on another level as far as football intelligence and maturity. None of the above players you mentioned were asked to do as much as Luck, Those other teams all had running games. Did he have weapons? Yeah but except for Wayne we did not know who would produce as physically gifted as some of our skill position offensive players are from last year

Transparent poster is transparent.

he also threw the ball down field more then many of those QB's.couple that behind no O Line and it was going to happen....Put the other QB's ya mention behind our O Line and Griffin would have gotten hurt even if he stayed In the pocket, Cam while as physically gifted as Luck, Luck is on another level as far as football intelligence and maturity. None of the above players you mentioned were asked to do as much as Luck, Those other teams all had running games. Did he have weapons? Yeah but except for Wayne we did not know who would produce as physically gifted as some of our skill position offensive players are from last year

Those are all excuses. Luck easily led the NFL in those.

in what?

Excuses for this bad completion percentage, turnovers and all of the things that led to his QB rating in the 70s. We will see more this year of what he really is. If he can accept making some short passes and he can get the ball out of his hands more quickly. I think he will improve on all of those things but he won't be a top five or a top ten QB this year. I am sure he will be in coming years but not this year.

Excuses for this bad completion percentage, turnovers and all of the things that led to his QB rating in the 70s. We will see more this year of what he really is. If he can accept making some short passes and he can get the ball out of his hands more quickly. I think he will improve on all of those things but he won't be a top five or a top ten QB this year. I am sure he will be in coming years but not this year.

I agree with all that

Transparent poster is transparent.

I was giving an honest assessment. I think Luck will be very good in the future but right now he is what he is and that is a middle of the road QB with a very poor QB rating. I think he will improve on that. I don't think he will break 100 but being in the low 90s would be progress and I expect to see that. I just don't have the irrational expectations for the Colts and Luck that some fans. have. They are going to be very disappointed.

I was giving an honest assessment. I think Luck will be very good in the future but right now he is what he is and that is a middle of the road QB with a very poor QB rating. I think he will improve on that. I don't think he will break 100 but being in the low 90s would be progress and I expect to see that. I just don't have the irrational expectations for the Colts and Luck that some fans. have. They are going to be very disappointed.

I think we agree on what Luck needs to work on, But behind the Titans? really?

I am not sure about that either but they are getting better and they should be a .500 team or close to it. I expect them to split their two games with the Colts....

They could split but Johnson would have to go off on us or we would have to have some special team melt down (both could happen)but if its put square on Lockers hands they are in trouble, run contain is absolute must for us with him to

They could split but Johnson would have to go off on us or we would have to have some special team melt down (both could happen)but if its put square on Lockers hands they are in trouble, run contain is absolute must for us with him to

I agree with that but they get two chances to have that kind of game. I think Jacksonville will play tough there too. The Colts have their easiest game of the season for the first week with the worst team in the NFL. They need to really drub them or it will be a sign of coming problems. I think it is good to have them first to allow us to work in all of these new players and iron out some of the kinks.

I was giving an honest opinion. I think Luck will be very good in the future but right now he is what he is and that is a middle of the road QB with a very poor QB rating. I think he will improve on that. I don't think he will break 100 but being in the low 90s would be progress and I expect to see that. I just don't have the irrational expectations for the Colts and Luck that some fans. have. They are going to be very disappointed.

Just because you don't have expectations doesn't mean those who do are wrong :)

A low expectation bias is just as much of a bias as a high expectation one.

Just because you don't have expectations doesn't mean those who do are wrong :)

A low expectation bias is just as much of a bias as a high expectation one.

I don't look at it as "low expectations" but more like realistic expectations. Of course you are not wrong (at least until the season is over) for having high expectations. I have them too but I try to temper that with what I know and see in the team. That doesn't make me a troll or less of a Colts fan.

And those experts are about as accurate as weather forecasters. And about as useful as well. I'll stick with what I see with my own eyes and what I know of my team as in the moves and improvements we made. We will be a much better team than last year.

I don't look at it as "low expectations" but more like realistic expectations. Of course you are not wrong (at least until the season is over) for having high expectations. I have them too but I try to temper that with what I know and see in the team. That doesn't make me a troll or less of a Colts fan.

Your "realistic expectations" are low expectations, hence your bias.

So just because you temper your low expectations by calling them "realistic", doesn't make them correct or any more worthwhile than someone who is a "realist" and says we're going to win 11 games.

Also your "miracle" comments were more than laughable, but that's a different subject I suppose.

Your "realistic expectations" are low expectations, hence your bias.

So just because you temper your low expectations by calling them "realistic", doesn't make them correct or any more worthwhile than someone who is a "realist" and says we're going to win 11 games.

Also your "miracle" comments were more than laughable, but that's a different subject I suppose.

I have seen lots of people call last year a miracle for many reasons. I think it was exactly that for the coach and the team.

I have seen lots of people call last year a miracle for many reasons. I think it was exactly that for the coach and the team.

So?

Never heard of a group of people being wrong or ignorant before? It's a pretty common occurrence actually. There's even a term for why people are dumber as a group.

So?

Never heard of a group of people being wrong or ignorant before? It's a pretty common occurrence actually. There's even a term for why people are dumber as a group.

You said calling last year a miracle was laughable. I said that there are plenty of people in the media saying it was a miracle and they won't come close to doing that again. I used the term "miracle" more for the recover of the coach than the record of the team. I think it was all interconnected.

You said calling last year a miracle was laughable. I said that there are plenty of people in the media saying it was a miracle and they won't come close to doing that again. I used the term "miracle" more for the recover of the coach than the record of the team. I think it was all interconnected.

Oh yeah? Where do you mention the Coach in your miracle post to me? I'll wait.

"Colts last year were a miracle. Well, the miracle is over and reality will set in quickly in the NFL."

I'm telling you plenty of people are making themselves look foolish because winning as many games as we did, isn't divine intervention. So anyone purporting that idea, just show how little they know what they're talking about.

Oh yeah? Where do you mention the Coach in your miracle post to me? I'll wait.

"Colts last year were a miracle. Well, the miracle is over and reality will set in quickly in the NFL."

I'm telling you plenty of people are making themselves look foolish because winning as many games as we did, isn't divine intervention. So anyone purporting that idea, just show how little they know what they're talking about.

Please try to keep up. I said:

"I have seen lots of people call last year a miracle for many reasons. I think it was exactly that for the coach and the team."

Please try to keep up. I said:

"I have seen lots of people call last year a miracle for many reasons. I think it was exactly that for the coach and the team."

Yes today you managed to backtrack a bit, but I'm quoting you from yesterday.

It was a good attempt to qualify a silly statement, but not exactly compelling.

Though the talking down to me approach is new haha.

I am a realist, and what I know and see of the team we will be very good and very dangerous.

Luck will not have a sophomore slump. He has looked much improved over last year.

Some people seem to forget last year was our first year in our defensive scheme and we had tons of injuries. We will be much more balanced as a team not depending on Lucks arm.

Yes today you managed to backtrack a bit, but I'm quoting you from yesterday.

It was a good attempt to qualify a silly statement, but not exactly compelling.

Though the talking down to me approach is new haha.

I assumed you were talking about my latest post on the subject. If you included the quote, I wouldn't have to make assumptions. I had no intent to talk down to you but I knew what I had just said and that is what I thought you were responding to. I think the word  "miracle" is very accurate. Take it as you will.

I assumed you were talking about my latest post on the subject. If you included the quote, I wouldn't have to make assumptions. I had no intent to talk down to you but I knew what I had just said and that is what I thought you were responding to. I think the word "miracle" is very accurate. Take it as you will.

I did include the quote from yesterday? Perhaps you missed it?

But if you hadn't ducked me when I called you out about "miracles" yesterday then I suppose it wouldn't have carried over into today lol.

Ill take luckevery time. Newton can't lead and rg3 while good struggles to stay healthy.