Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I like it when the experts don't believe in us.

superrep1967

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I once saw a poster here say that Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker were better than Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne and that Julius Thomas (a guy who has 5 career yards) is better than Dwayne Allen.

Thomas and Decker are nearly the same age. Harrison and Wayne were quite a bit a part. Yes, I would take Thomas and Decker over the next six or eight years. Dwayne Allen hasn't show much yet except be injured. I think Julius Thomas will have the much better season this year. Yeah, I'll hang with all of that.

He didn't have the best first year, how could he pass all of them in the second year?

Luck completed 54 percent of his passes last year and threw for more yards than newton rg3 and Wilson. Luck led 7 game winning drives something rg3 Wilson and newton haven't done. Luck took an average team and led them to playoffs something newton has yet to do. Infact newton has yet to have a winning season. Now if Luck threw for over 4000 yards while completing only 54 percent of his passes and throwing for more yards than all the other qbs you listed then imagine how good he'll be once he completes over 60 percent of his passes and plays in a system that uses his strengths. At Stanford Luck completed over 70 percent of his passes. During the preseason Luck has completed 65 percent of his passes without all his weapons. By season's end Luck will throw more tds than Wilson rg3 and newton.

Thomas and Decker are nearly the same age. Harrison and Wayne were quite a bit a part. Yes, I would take Thomas and Decker over the next six or eight years. Dwayne Allen hasn't show much yet except be injured. I think Julius Thomas will have the much better season this year. Yeah, I'll hang with all of that.

who is Julius Thomas lol

Good for year. We'll see how it works out over the years.

Indeed. On anther note I'd take Dalton rg3 luck Wilson and kapernick over newton. Newton's problem is he struggles to throw tds and I was not impressed with him during preseason. If he has another sub 500 year I think panthers fans will start to question whether he can get it done.

Indeed. On anther note I'd take Dalton rg3 luck Wilson and kapernick over newton. Newton's problem is he struggles to throw tds and I was not impressed with him during preseason. If he has another sub 500 year I think panthers fans will start to question whether he can get it done.

They should question whether the front office can get it done. Newton plays on by far the worst team of all of these QBs.

A much better tight end than Dwayne Allen with a much better QB tossing him the rock.....

Ok now I simply cant get behind this statement, your coming off as bitter and resentful (almost towards Luck in a sense) all because Irsay chose the chance (and likelihood if we continue to build the team right. something we arguably could not do do to the cap room strain we would have been under, as it is we had to settle for crap Olinemen in Mcglynn and Justice) for 15 more years of success over the possibility of Manning getting us back to the playoffs only to come up short because we couldn't build the defense up like we should have been doing years ago , In the mean time yes we could have drafted Wilson (a guy I thought should have went in the 1st or 2nd round and way before Tannehill)But he would have sat for at least a couple years and by the time Manning retired Wilson would have had....what? likelihood 1 year left on his rookie contract which would leave us with 1 year to evaluate our 3rd round draft pick and hope (back then) that he is as good as he is now. Also whats your basis for Julius Thomas being a better TE? He has only played in 9 games and has 1 catch to show for it with 1 of them years as Manning as his QB compared to Allens 45 catches 521 yards and 3 td's  with Luck who was a rookie

Ok now I simply cant get behind this statement, your coming off as bitter and resentful (almost towards Luck in a sense) all because Irsay chose the chance (and likelihood if we continue to build the team right. something we arguably could not do do to the cap room strain we would have been under, as it is we had to settle for crap Olinemen in Mcglynn and Justice) for 15 more years of success over the possibility of Manning getting us back to the playoffs only to come up short because we couldn't build the defense up like we should have been doing years ago , In the mean time yes we could have drafted Wilson (a guy I thought should have went in the 1st or 2nd round and way before Tannehill)But he would have sat for at least a couple years and by the time Manning retired Wilson would have had....what? likelihood 1 year left on his rookie contract which would leave us with 1 year to evaluate our 3rd round draft pick and hope (back then) that he is as good as he is now. Also whats your basis for Julius Thomas being a better TE? He has only played in 9 games and has 1 catch to show for it with 1 of them years as Manning as his QB compared to Allens 45 catches 521 yards and 3 td's  with Luck who was a rookie

We will see who is better this year. We can agree to disagree and I won't dislike you for that.

I'm really do like it when the experts don't believe in us. Because it's hilarious when we prove them wrong. I know people like Mike Wells don't want to be called a homer so he says we're going to take a step back. I'm not really sure he really believes that but that's what he's going to say through the media on ESPN.com anyway along with Kravitz that's just the way it is. 

I have followed this team intently since the end of last season and I know this team is very talented. I know this team has a supposive tougher schedule. But my question is if you think this team isn't a super bowl contender and will take a step back who's better? I really want to know! Because we made the playoffs last season with a lot less talent. This defense looks better than I can ever remember and this offense has a lot of weapons and is going to be very good. So yes tell me who's better and we can talk about it. 

There are lots of articles out to day with predictions and power ratings. Here is one: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130905/nfl-power-rankings-season-preview-baltimore-ravens-seattle-seahawks/?sct=hp_t11_a2&eref=sihp

Note what it says about the 13th ranked Colts and what it says about Houston. I think the writer is on the mark about both teams.

I don't look at it as "low expectations" but more like realistic expectations. Of course you are not wrong (at least until the season is over) for having high expectations. I have them too but I try to temper that with what I know and see in the team. That doesn't make me a troll or less of a Colts fan.

i found a picture of everyone on earth that agrees with you on anything

http://forums.colts.com/uploads/profile/photo-15165.jpg?_r=1378394483

the guy can't even manage to pay his tickets. and you have him going tothe pro bowl

Yes, I read that too. Not a real big deal. I am sure it happens all of the time. No excuse for it but not the end of the world. I don't know if he will make the pro bowl this year or not but I sure like his chances in the future. I think he will have a great season this year. He has beaten out Jacob Tamme and Peyton made Tamme look like a pro bowler when he replaced and injured Dallas Clark.

Yes, I read that too. Not a real big deal. I am sure it happens all of the time. No excuse for it but not the end of the world. I don't know if he will make the pro bowl this year or not but I sure like his chances in the future. I think he will have a great season this year. He has beaten out Jacob Tamme and Peyton made Tamme look like a pro bowler when he replaced and injured Dallas Clark.

you think people forget to pay their tickets and get arrested all the time? Who are you hanging out with?

Yes, I read that too. Not a real big deal. I am sure it happens all of the time. No excuse for it but not the end of the world. I don't know if he will make the pro bowl this year or not but I sure like his chances in the future. I think he will have a great season this year. He has beaten out Jacob Tamme and Peyton made Tamme look like a pro bowler when he replaced and injured Dallas Clark.

That quote right there speaks says it all!!! :36dancing:  Jacob Tamme NEVER looked like a pro bowler. :lol:

This guy:

photo-thumb-13076.jpg?_r=1363731937

Exactly, he needs to stop pretending he isn't him. It's the exact same nonsensical, incoherent, rambling. People like him need to learn that there are smarter people than him and can easily figure this stuff out, especially when he makes it so easy.

Exactly, he needs to stop pretending he isn't him. It's the exact same nonsensical, incoherent, rambling. People like him need to learn that there are smarter people than him and can easily figure this stuff out, especially when he makes it so easy.

You think he looks like me?