Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts agree to terms with WR Darrius Heyward Bey (merge)

Steagles

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great signing now we can draft the best available defensive player. Mike Chappel who spoke to Grigson said Wayne will be in the slot, DHB and Hilton will be on the outside and Fleener will work the seams.

Wayne in the slot??? Yeah, I don't see that happening.

Great signing now we can draft the best available defensive player. Mike Chappel who spoke to Grigson said Wayne will be in the slot, DHB and Hilton will be on the outside and Fleener will work the seams.

They can't be serious. He's been outside forever. Why switch him, especially with someone who's smaller than him. I know Reggie is good at avoiding hits but slot is the worst.

They can't be serious. He's been outside forever. Why switch him, especially with someone who's smaller than him. I know Reggie is good at avoiding hits but slot is the worst.

Yeah but the speed of Hilton and DHB will open up the middle for Wayne and Fleener. If those safeties start to come up because Wayne and Fleener are getting open in the middle then the deep ball will be open for DHB and Hilton.

Superman, on 01 Apr 2013 - 21:36, said:snapback.png

It's not a signing expected to shape the future of the team. It's a signing designed to fill an immediate need, with potential upside. Young player, one year deal, not a lot of money.

Again the voice of reason...

What I don't get is the view that this now somehow means that a WR is off the table in Round 1. This changes that selection not one iota.

Good points all around.  The one thing that sticks me a little is all the near sighted vision, and less long term stability. Things that could happen-

1. We We filled all need immediately short term and coaches get the pieces to work in Harmony- we win SB, all contracts are up and we can't afford most of them and then team disintegrates Florida Marlins style after their World Series win-

2. We can't get all those short term pieces to work together properly and up to expectations, and we have to unload a fair amount and head out to FA and reload.

3.   ***?   {someone help me out here, something really good would be nice... ;)  }

I like the DHB addition, and I hope we find our futur #1 either this draft, or the next at the latest.

Shows you how dumb Raider Fan is....

The Colts DID have one Sh***y season....    2-14 in 2011.    You know it.    I know it.    But Raider fan doesn't!!

This is a good night in Colts' Nation....   a very good night.    I hope everyone, from Colts front office to all of our fans get a very, very good night's sleep!!

We've earned it!!

wow. I think what he was sayin was that we came out of the greatest decade in football history, had one ****ty season and now we got Andrew Luck and things seem to fall in our lap like Heyward-Bey and now we are gunning for another 10 years. So, i think he knows it, he's just venting because the Colts are just always good and the Raiders, seemingly no matter how hard they try, still stink. Hey, Dolphins fans are worse. Lots worse. At any given game, their 70,000 fans are under the same illusion that they are going to beat the other team by 80 points. and they brag about it before it even happens. and it NEVER does. lmao.

wow. I think what he was sayin was that we came out of the greatest decade in football history, had one ****ty season and now we got Andrew Luck and things seem to fall in our lap like Heyward-Bey and now we are gunning for another 10 years. So, i think he knows it, he's just venting because the Colts are just always good and the Raiders, seemingly no matter how hard they try, still stink. Hey, Dolphins fans are worse. Lots worse. At any given game, their 70,000 fans are under the same illusion that they are going to beat the other team by 80 points. and they brag about it before it even happens. and it NEVER does. lmao.

Hey atleast they aren't texans fans. They thought they would own the division the next ten years when Peyton left.

I'm still kind of... :thinking: , on this signing. I like DHB's size and potential, but not convinced he'll ever live up to it. We'll see!

It's really about as no risk as you can get.  I've got effectively zero expectations, so hopefully that bar is low enough to be exceeded.

I'm still kind of... :thinking: , on this signing. I like DHB's size and potential, but not convinced he'll ever live up to it. We'll see!

My Friend its a low risk high potential return signing,from what I read only half of the 3 mil,is guaranteed,although the knock is his hands,lets wait and be the jury on that,as you know same knock on Avery,and he wasn't that bad actually,if this kid ends up having decent hands what he brings after the catch is a major plus,especially running the WCO .So lets not fret just yet,because it just gives that much more freedom in the draft to do what we know needs done :thmsup:

Not so fast. We still need Reggie's successor. If Grigsie feels there is a worthy WR in the first, I'm all for it. DHB is a nice piece to the puzzle, but he's not a #1 receiver.

I sorta hope that we won't draft wide receiver in the first this year.  DHB hasn't shown #1 receiver stats/abilities yet, but he has the size and speed that you want in a #1.  It would be great if a year, maybe two with catching passes from Luck, and getting tutoring from Wayne would revitatlize DHB's career.  If it pans out I could see a post Wayne WR depth chart of: DHB, Hilton, Brazil/Walen.

There might not be an elite AJ Green or Johnson type of receiver in that group, but I'd rather have a team of really solid receivers, than a team with one elite receiver and a bunch of scruffs.

Good news is if he doesn't its only for a year. Bad part if he does, they may have to fork out a bunch of $. I don't know crap about how the FT works.

I'm mixed about this also but I am more excited about it. He is one of the more physically gifted WRs IMO.

If I'm not mistaken, Reggie played in the slot a times last year.

I can say, with a bit of confidence, that Grigs got this done. Had DHB left the building when BP was here, deal would have been over.

I doubt DHB would ever have been in the building when Polian was here. Definitely in the last five years or so.

you are correct sir, arians had him moving all over the field, thought it was quite effective for wayne. 

I agree it was, one reason he probably done this was Reggie was being doubled a lot,think alotta teams took approach if you shut down Reggie you stop the passing game,however didn't exactly work out

Whats the source your using to determine he had the highest drop rate in the league? Looking at SI.com stats Hilton dropped 6 balls all year out of 90 targets which is 6.66 percent drop rate and Demaryius Thomas dropped 10 balls out of 141 targets for a 7.09 percent drop rate

PFF the site that goes through every play.

This was a good signing by the Colts.  It's only a one year deal at cheap $'s (by NFL standards) at a position of need.....

I felt the Colts should draft a WR in Rd 1 this year, but now they really can go for the BPA....although a young stud WR that can spend the next ten years paired with Luck still wouldn't be a bad thing (if they feel it's worth it).

That makes the most sense. I feel bad for teams trying to cover TY and DHB all over the field. It should open up the middle nicely for Reggie.