Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts agree to terms with WR Darrius Heyward Bey (merge)

Steagles

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, love the guy, or hate the guy, but what makes you think he has a poor football IQ??? Because he has below average hands?? How does one connect with the other?

I'll hold off saying anything else until I see your response.....

I just said he doesn't have ELITE football IQ, never said he had poor football IQ..... I haven't seen him all that much but he was drafted high and probably given every opportunity to get the job done, I do understand that he hasn't had a fantastic QB getting him the ball but from the few games I have seen of the raiders he looked like the 2nd best WR on the team and he just didn't stand out..... Maybee im quick to judge but if he couldn't get more than 1.5 million guaranteed on the open market.... I just don't see ELITE talent, speed is there and I hope I'm wrong but we'll find out soon enough

That's who my vote is on in the draft

as well as mine i been pushing for thus guy a while now he should be there in the 4th, but if we can't get him I'm pretty sure Zac Stacy will be there in the 6th-7th under the radar but like Ballard played well in the best conference (sec bias) and he is more versatile than Ballard (blocking, catching)

With only 1 ring, I don't think so.

You say ONLY 1 RING, if it wasn't for Peyton we wouldn't have 1 playoff WIN...... Peyton won so much during the regular season but the Playoffs is Different..... Unless you have a decent Defense that could get situational stops you don't stand a chance..... Peyton covered all of Polian mistakes and helped Polian keep his job

For what everyone is talking about running backs, if we are going to draft a running back, I wanted to be Eddie Lacy He fits our scheme perfectly, and better than Leveon Bell, in my opinion. If we are going to take a running back late, I would rather take a chance on Rex Burkhead, just because I think he can be great on special teams as well as running the football.

In 4 full seasons,  DHB has a per catch average of nearly 15 yards.  (14.8)

That's a very big number.   Avery's numbers are in the 12's....

The hot expressions for a WR with speed these days is.....  "he has enough speed to take the top off the defense..."   that expression was made for a receiver like DHB....

Here's his statistical bio.....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12570/darrius-heyward-bey

Andrew has a good array of talented receivers with Reggie, T.Y., DHB, Coby and Dwayne, I think our offense is really going to take off this year, so I don't think we'll have to worry about winning all those close games like last year, because this year will be blowin out teams!

Andrew has a good array of talented receivers with Reggie, T.Y., DHB, Coby and Dwayne, I think our offense is really going to take off this year, so I don't think we'll have to worry about winning all those close games like last year, because this year will be blowin out teams!

Oh yeah our offense is lookin good hope it all comes together just need a RG weather it be draft one or ijalana comes back and start Shipley at C

One raiders fan said: "We draft him, paid him $40+ million, molded him into an NFL caliber starter, and now the Colts get him for pennies on the dollar. %$&* the colts, god forbid they had to endure a ****ty season between Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck."

Kind of true in a way, but I'm not complaining. Someone has to win, why not my team?

One raiders fan said: "We draft him, paid him $40+ million, molded him into an NFL caliber starter, and now the Colts get him for pennies on the dollar. %$&* the colts, god forbid they had to endure a ****ty season between Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck."

Kind of true in a way, but I'm not complaining. Someone has to win, why not my team?

haha I love this!! Now that's funny

Priceless

Aw nuts!  Now Reggie will need to teach him how to 'hands catch'...the guy catches almost everything in close to his body.

Bey should get some help from Reggie to clean up his dropsies too.

...and why does everyone think Bey is such a good player?

Shows you how dumb Raider Fan is....

The Colts DID have one Sh***y season....    2-14 in 2011.    You know it.    I know it.    But Raider fan doesn't!!

This is a good night in Colts' Nation....   a very good night.    I hope everyone, from Colts front office to all of our fans get a very, very good night's sleep!!

We've earned it!!

The Colts DID have ons Sh***y season....    2-14 in 2011.    You know it.    I know it.    But Raider fan doesn't!!

This is a good night in Colts' Nation....   a very good night.    I hope everyone, from Colts front office to all of our fans get a very, very good night's sleep!!

We've earned it!!

Have another drink. ;)

I am happy we signed DHB. I believe he will give us the Terrell Owens type receiving that was on display in San Francisco. I look for him to stretch the field and open up the slant routes for Reggie, TY and LaVon. DHB was signed for a reasonable price and he could be a huge solution for our WCO passing game.

The Colts DID have one Sh***y season.... 2-14 in 2011. You know it. I know it. But Raider fan doesn't!!

This is a good night in Colts' Nation.... a very good night. I hope everyone, from Colts front office to all of our fans get a very, very good night's sleep!!

We've earned it!!

the raider fan acknowledged we had one bad year... read it again

idk why but when I read that I cried laughing. I'm from and live in Cali so I deal with Raider fans 24/7. Well them and the bandwagon 9er fans.

the raider fan acknowledged we had one bad year... read it again

Here's what was written....

god forbid they had to endure a ****ty season between Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck."

My read of that says they don't think we suffered a bad season.   Your read is different.    I could be wrong.    You could be right.     But, honestly,  I'm too tired and too happy to even care!!     :thmup:

Here's what was written....

god forbid they had to endure a ****ty season between Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck."

My read of that says they don't think we suffered a bad season. Your read is different. I could be wrong. You could be right. But, honestly, I'm too tired and too happy to even care!! :thmup:

he is talking about the season between Manning and luck.. it even says that

Sounds like a guy who's tired of losing.

ANother great thing about DHB, he doesn't have the pressure of living up to being a #7 overall pick anymore. Let that drunken fan who said that add that in too. 

Just about 3,000 more posts to go and we'll catch up to the thread where we all wondered what WR Irsay was hinting at!!!!

Too funny! Too darn funny!!

:funny::lol::spit:haha

I'll say this, if this is the move Irsay was talking about, it's strange that it took weeks to reach terms with a secondary free agent on a mid level, one year deal. I'm good with the DHB signing, but I don't think it should have taken two weeks.

You say ONLY 1 RING, if it wasn't for Peyton we wouldn't have 1 playoff WIN...... Peyton won so much during the regular season but the Playoffs is Different..... Unless you have a decent Defense that could get situational stops you don't stand a chance..... Peyton covered all of Polian mistakes and helped Polian keep his job

Read the post I was replying to -- my comment was about Polian, not Peyton.     Reading comprehension .......

I can understand people being "iffy" on him but look at what he came from.  I don't care what position you play, it seems like the Raiders are the black hole for talent.  Everything they have on that team they either overpaid for; or isn't living up to potential.  McFadden for example, if he was somewhere other than Oak he would be stellar, but with the entire organization in perpetual rebuild mode, the players don't have a chance.  DHB is a very low risk high reward type of signing.  When you have a qb like luck, a wr like Reggie to learn from, you can plug almost anyone in the system and see some success.  We now have 2 wr's that have blazing speed, Reggie who has some of the best hands in the business what I can assume will only be a better o-line for passing and running.  Not to mention Last Year's Mackie Winner and a 6'6'' TE who gets to play in his old system in College. To quote the song "the future's so bright, I gotta wear shades" :cool: