Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts agree to terms with WR Darrius Heyward Bey (merge)

Steagles

Great signing!  I wish they could lock him up for more than a year though(awaiting details)2-3 would be nice.  TY and DHB and Wayne and Allen, Fleener, Ballard, Havili! Luck has LOTS weapons to chose from.... with another good draft like last year and the sky is the limit for this team, way to go GRIGS!

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont like its a one year deal because now if he pans out we're gonna have trouble resigning him with davis bethea and macafee needing to be resigned.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pat signs a long term deal some time after the draft and before camp. That is what he really wants. 

Well, the fact that  he chose us over Detroit means he WANTS to come here.  That's good.  

Money being equal, where would you want to go? To a division with GB, MIN, and CHI, or to a division where the jags and titans reside? I'm not saying those are the only reasons, but he has a much better chance of postseason exposure with the colts than the lions.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pat signs a long term deal some time after the draft and before camp. That is what he really wants. 

maybe. regardless I cant wait to say DHB FOR THE TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@mchappell51: DHB is #colts 10th FA. 8 could start: Landry, Cherilus, Thomas, Walden, Franklin, Toler, Jean-Francois and DHB. Hasselbeck solid backup QB

Toler "could" start? Come on Chappell, we have Vaughn on our team. A JV CB could come here & start

Not so fast. We still need Reggie's successor. If Grigsie feels there is a worthy WR in the first, I'm all for it. DHB is a nice piece to the puzzle, but he's not a #1 receiver.

Lee, Watkins, Mitchell, Coleman. More quality talent next year compared to this year. Reggie still had two years left on his contract. We can get his replacement next year. Use this draft to go BPA. If it's a WR at some point, fine, but don't draft one because it's not a need right now.

If he plays well, can we franchise him next yr?

Just asking out of curiosity.

We could, but to justify that he would have to put up like 80+ catches, 1000+ yards and 10 TDs. Anything under that wouldn't be worth it IMO.

Well, on a positive note.... maybe this will end the dreadful WR threads for awhile. At least that's what I hope

dont get your apple juice in a bunch. its a good signing. reggie will be a good mentor for him. hes alright got size and speed. learn to run routes and improve his hands and we have something here. not to mention hes only 26

i dont like its a one year deal because now if he pans out we're gonna have trouble resigning him with davis bethea and macafee needing to be resigned.

Were gonna have some money next year it looks like. Plus I'm pretty sure there will be some guys we don't re sign. Grigs and Irsay will get it done if it needs to be done. And even if DHB does produce well for us this year and we do extend him a multi year offer, it wont be anything huge I imagine. To me he would need to produce well for more than just a year to earn a large contract. But that's only my thought.

Strengthens our ability to trade back. Not that i don`t hope someone they really want is there at 24.

Personally, I hope Ijalana is our RG.

Griggs should be able to position us to get 2 really good starter prospects now. :td:

I like ijalana too guy earlier on here told me its stupid to think he is any good I just laughed lol

dont get your apple juice in a bunch. its a good signing. reggie will be a good mentor for him. hes alright got size and speed. learn to run routes and improve his hands and we have something here. not to mention hes only 26

I'm sorry, until I see better.... I'm still sticking that DHB has no hands. Maybe he does get mentored by Reggie, but for now he's just fast with no hands

@TribStarTJames: Grigson on DHB: "We feel great about acquiring a talented player in Darrius Heyward-Bry. He's big, strong and shows toughness in traffic..

@TribStarTJames: Grigson: "...and after the catch. He's got elite finishing speed that's as good as there is in the NFL...

@TribStarTJames: Grigson: "we felt strongly that he was the right player and person at the WR position for us moving forward.”

Not so fast. We still need Reggie's successor. If Grigsie feels there is a worthy WR in the first, I'm all for it. DHB is a nice piece to the puzzle, but he's not a #1 receiver.

To this point, in a system that doesn't fit him, with, minus Hugh Jackson, mediocre coaches, bad QB play, and a run heavy offense, he hasn't yet proven to be a #1 WR. I think he definitely can become one.

Cause DHB is just fast, with NO hands. We might as well have kept Avery for that

His hands haven't been NEARLY as bad the last 2 years.  He still gets a bad rap because he was, err...unpolished...? earlier in his career.

His hands haven't been NEARLY as bad the last 2 years. He still gets a bad rap because he was, err...unpolished...? earlier in his career.

Like I said, I still say he has no hands. Now, if he proves me wrong this season.... I'll make a status update saying I was wrong. Until then, I don't like this signing. But it is what it is I guess