Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts agree to terms with WR Darrius Heyward Bey (merge)

Steagles

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he runs a 4 2 his issues in the draft were his hands rnd 7 dont know how much that improved so were using him for his speed to spread out the D but ive heard a comintator say if luck has time to throw you the ball he couldnt hand it to you any better also the NFL network has no faith in us they said if we played the Seahawks slamdunk they will beat us without even a thought we are deffenitly gonna be a better team next yr with so many weapons at our disposal they better watch out when the "Monster" comes out!

he runs a 4 2 his issues in the draft were his hands rnd 7 dont know how much that improved so were using him for his speed to spread out the D but ive heard a comintator say if luck has time to throw you the ball he couldnt hand it to you any better also the NFL network has no faith in us they said if we played the Seahawks slamdunk they will beat us without even a thought we are deffenitly gonna be a better team next yr with so many weapons at our disposal they better watch out when the "Monster" comes out!

We're indiana the media never cares about us we have a future best QB in the nfl for years to come if he can get protection

This roster is going to look very good by the time the season starts. We are a much better team than last year already. It won't take long for people to start saying we are one of the top teams in the AFC. It's just my gut!

actually the draft commentators think he was drafted wayyy to low i think we got him for insurence purposes so if theres a wr were looking to get in the draft gets picked up before we get the chance than hes our fall back guy either way good move 

Really, the reason he gets a bad rap is because he was drafted way too high. He's not a complete receiver, and never has been, but that's true of a lot of receivers. But he does add an element to our offense that might make life easier for the entire unit.

yea look at his rookie class RG3 and Russell Wilson and still number 1,they give us no respect i guess i got so use to when it was the old colts they always thought we would win but i guess we will have our chance to earn our respect this year

We're indiana the media never cares about us we have a future best QB in the nfl for years to come if he can get protection

Like I said, I still say he has no hands. Now, if he proves me wrong this season.... I'll make a status update saying I was wrong. Until then, I don't like this signing. But it is what it is I guess

I'm not doing back flips either...but it's only for one year and 3 mil.  If he doesn't pan out then the Colts just move on with little cap consequence.  But if DHB suddenly thrives with Luck as QB then they will have caught lightening in a bottle.  So low risk with potential for high reward.  I'm okay with it even though I'd rather have one of the young WR's coming out of the draft.  But there is next year for that if need be.  Colts probably go BPA in this draft now.

yea look at his rookie class RG3 and Russell Wilson and still number 1,they give us no respect i guess i got so use to when it was the old colts they always thought we would win but i guess we will have our chance to earn our respect this year

Tell me about it rg3 is like god to the media and luck is just nothing he played with the least amount if talent then either one of them and one of the worst o lines

Huh??

I think Avery made roughly $750k last year.

DHB will make $3 Mill this year.

They may or may not be the same player.    But that's not same money.     What am I missing??

Avery got a 3 year $11 million contract from KC.

Draft Prediction now:

1st: Kenny Vaccaro :D (Joking, Desmond Trufant hopefully)

3rd: Patton or Hopkins

Other picks: I have no idea haha

Your three predictions will be Gone, Gone and Gone.

Vacarro should be taken before 24...

Hopkins should go late 1 or early 2...   and Patton feels like early 2....

So..............       what can I tell you??

Late to the Party!!!

There it is,  White Smoke from the Free Agent Chimney!!!!

And a good deal for both...  DHB gets a good contract,  and the Colts get a good WR!!

WIN-WIN!!      :thmup:

Nice Vatican tie in there with the "white smoke" NCF! I'm sure that Pope Francis won't sue you for copyright infringement...Right price...Even if he's a problem child or drops every pass, you don't resign him after 1 season & keep chugging along. Never overpay for talent. Make them earn every penny & prove their value to the organization. Good work Grigs! 

You can work on route running, you can even work on catching the ball. You cannot work on being 6'2. 215 and running a 4.27 40.

Just wanted to point out, that you can work on your speed and you can work on bulking up (weight). 

I said he is an elite talent, never said elite player.

I would say he has Elite speed, but he is not an Elite talent when you factor in Hands, Route Running, Play making ability and the most underrated attribute of all FOOTBALL IQ....... He can run really fast and was drafted top 10 over Crabtree but you have to consider who drafted him top 10, Al Davis, the same Al Davis that drafted Jemarcus Russell #1 and said that he was going to be the next John Elway.... Oh and let's not forget the Nnamdi contract that changed the type of deals Elite CBs get..... So Al Davis thought of him as an Elite talent, are you sure you want to agree with him???

yea plus they said were gonna be a run heavy team always best to draft starting rb's u can just throw them right in and the will be productive but the fact we didnt get rid of any rbs throws me off its really a topic they hardly mention it does kinda scare me though that all 4 rbs were injured in a game

Hope so I'm a MSU fan plus we need someone to go with Vick brown is always hurt and carter fumbles all the time

yea plus they said were gonna be a run heavy team always best to draft starting rb's u can just throw them right in and the will be productive but the fact we didnt get rid of any rbs throws me off its really a topic they hardly mention it does kinda scare me though that all 4 rbs were injured in a game

Yeah I would love to have bell on the colts to go with Vick I'd be a happy guy lol

Just wanted to point out, that you can work on your speed and you can work on bulking up (weight).

Not as easy as working on route running and hands. If speed was that easy everyone that size would run a 4.27. And they don't. But sure, guess you can ;)

I would say he has Elite speed, but he is not an Elite talent when you factor in Hands, Route Running, Play making ability and the most underrated attribute of all FOOTBALL IQ....... He can run really fast and was drafted top 10 over Crabtree but you have to consider who drafted him top 10, Al Davis, the same Al Davis that drafted Jemarcus Russell #1 and said that he was going to be the next John Elway.... Oh and let's not forget the Nnamdi contract that changed the type of deals Elite CBs get..... So Al Davis thought of him as an Elite talent, are you sure you want to agree with him???

Polian also drafted Hughes in the first round not to mention many many other picks that didn't even make the roster. Not his fault he was picked #7.

Friend of mine is a die hard raiders fan. Said he is a really good player and has improved his hands a bunch last couple years.

Polian also drafted Hughes in the first round not to mention many many other picks that didn't even make the roster. Not his fault he was picked #7.

Friend of mine is a die hard raiders fan. Said he is a really good player and has improved his hands a bunch last couple years.

IMO Polian was horrible in drafts in general, he happened to have the best QB that ever lived (IMO) that covered up all of his mistakes and gave you 12+ wins with teams with no defense and holes everywhere except WR and TE, Peyton made Polian and the Colts elite..... And I'm sure DHB is a good talent, but we are talking about ELITE talent, when I think ELITE talent I think of someone that would be extremely difficult to replace, I don't think DHB has that type of talent

Hey,  love the guy, or hate the guy,  but what makes you think he has a poor football IQ???     Because he has below average hands??     How does one connect with the other?

I'll hold off saying anything else until I see your response.....

I guess I should go back and read Irsays tweet... A wopper? His IPhone corrected Dropper into wopper...

"buy" the way, Jim has "past" your comment about "wopper" on to his elementary school teacher and has asked why she didn't teach him to spell.

IMO Polian was horrible in drafts in general, he happened to have the best QB that ever lived (IMO) that covered up all of his mistakes and gave you 12+ wins with teams with no defense and holes everywhere except WR and TE, Peyton made Polian and the Colts elite..... And I'm sure DHB is a good talent, but we are talking about ELITE talent, when I think ELITE talent I think of someone that would be extremely difficult to replace, I don't think DHB has that type of talent

With only 1 ring, I don't think so.