Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

To all you haters that said.. ...

hambone35

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who predicted a loss today.... as someone who thought that it could (not would, but could) get ugly today.... as someone who got very worried when we trailed by 9 at the half and by 12 in the 4th quarter that we were not going to win today....

Please allow me to say on behalf of all doubters....

That none of us were rooting for the Cols to lose.... we weren't pulling for the Lions.... but we were skeptical.... and be honest, for more than half of this game, it surely looked like we'd lose, and perhaps even lose big.

But.....

Luck, who I thought played some of his worst football that I can ever remember, suddenly turned into Andrew Luck, 1st overall pick in the draft, and suddenly, it was a whole new ballgame!

A magical final half of the fourth quarter..... simply magical....

3.... 2.... 1.... Touchdown! Colts Win! Game Over!!!

Magical!

Incredible!

Unbelievable!

Wonderful!

:thmup:

I said i don't know how many times that Detroit would hand this game to us on a platter... I really expected it to go just like this (maybe not as dramatic) and some of my Lions fan friends agreed w/ me from the get-go... great win for our team... still a ton of things we have to work on, but our rookies have shown a ton of guts and mental toughness all season... I honestly believe (as an incurable optimist) that we will give Houston a run for their money in the south next season... ( with some good signings/draft picks)

People sure have a way of being nasty, I maybe over excited we won since many said were would get beat, I say call a win a win and a loss a loss. But I can take the nastyness I just love the colts that's all.

I think people were just matching your negative tone. There are a lot of people on here who prefer to have realistic expectations. A lot of people said we'd lose this game, we barely escaped in the final seconds. Everyone knew before this game that we COULD have won, but we could have lost and we almost did. And just because someone predicted we might lose doesn't mean they weren't cheering hard for their favorite team. I for one had a good feeling about this game and predicted a win, but I know a lot of people on here who said we'd likely lose, and they're some of the best colts fans I know.

Oh, sorry did not know we was in English class, I will watch my grammar for now go Colts.

When is the Internet not an English class?

Pro tip bro: If you make a negative-toned thread, you're going to get it thrown right back at you. It's up to you if you want to handle the fire.

I have to admit I thought this team was a 6-10 football team early in the season. I didn't think we had enough high caliber players to win more than that. Combine that with an incredibly suspect offensive line and a lot of rookies I never dreamed we would be a playoff team. I still don't think we can compete with NE, HOU, or the elite teams but the middle of the AFC pack is incredibly weak and inconsistant. Having the easiest schedule in the NFL doesn't hurt either. Luck has played about what I expected. Talented but still makes rookie mistakes. However, Avery and Hilton have played better than I expected and I should give them props and Wayne...well that guy is elite. How he makes some of those catches when it looks like he is going to get laid out is beyond me. He is pretty lucky a lot of the time....the same bad luck that got Collie knocked out of the league pretty much has pretty much missed Reggie.

I am very proud of this team..I am not sure without the tragedy to our coach they would have come together for such a special season like this because lets face it. Since the bye...they have been inspired and played like a team in support of one another. They still don't have the talent to win the division or the Super Bowl but they have the heart of a playoff team and I think they are going to make it. I really hope we don't play Denver because I just don't want the story lines. I don't want to have that sick feeling of rooting against Peyton. I'm not sure who we could beat if we got in...but if the offense plays mistake free and puts up yards like today...we got a shot with anyone. Guess that second rd pick wasn't so bad...since it looks to be a late second rd now. I hope Davis settles in once he gets more playing time....he has #1 corner talent...just needs to put it together. Exciting to see how this team will build on this and the money going forward for the next couple years. Houstons reign at the top may be a short one.

Look.....if you predict a loss, no one needs to rub it in your face. The fact is, It feels so much sweeter when you win and you were rare in predicting that. The person that fails to believe a win will happen misses the opportunity to feel that joy to the same levels, and that is their just due. They dont need it from anyone else.

That said, I take part in a 82 person pick em league. I pick the Colts to win every week and I believe that they will. I would rather be wrong in a loss, than be wrong in a win. That is my choice.

I'd have to dig up the thread, but I'm pretty sure I had the colts at 6-10 or 7-9, so well done with a few games to go. This game today was one that could have gone either way - a whole lot of "IFs" could be said for both sides. Be thankful for it and now its on to the Titans. Big 4 game stretch now for you guys.

Did anybody catch on NFL Network and argument between D.Sanders and M.Irvin? They were standing in the open part of the studio, I saw the ending and I thought Michael said Luck is MVP canidate and Dion was saying it was Peyton Manning, and waited to see and hear it again and I think it was cut, anybody catch it and tell me what happend and what I thought I heard happened? Hummmmmm??????

I'm a Colts fan since 03, when I was 5. Born in Indiana too. I projected us to have a 4-12 season, am I a fair weather fan?

So you were born in '98? Feeling old now :)

Not only fair weather but a "hater" too, only kidding, pre-season it would have almost been impossible to predict this what with the number of unknowns in our Rookies and Pagano's condition so no I'd not you call you fair weather for it.

To all you haters that said we would loose are you colts fans or ban wagon jumpers that was impressive to come back and win and a rookie do it in a minute 14 cmon rookies are not suppose to do that say what you want about ints I don't like them either but wow luck needs rookie of the year minus the ints what a win so what are the real colts fans saying now? ?

Please pull up your pre-season post about your prediction of 8 or more wins this year so we 'almost Colts fans' can bask in the glow of you excellence, please. {Sigh}

How about this, I didn't post a prediction in Lions prediction thread because I felt this could happen, or it might get away from us. (almost did) Never did I think we would blow them out though. Some other wre braver than I and posted, don't downtrod them for expressing an opinion of future events. We all want the Colts to win every game and the Superbowl, but we all know we won't. So... which ones aren't the ones we win?

What's funny is I said colts would go 9-7 from the get go, now it looks like we may do better, but 9-7 is looking good to all who disagreed. Colts will make the playoffs.

I can understand your reaction to this win and your jab at other fans if you made this prediction. Lots of jabs at folks who predicted a winning season.

But yeah, the bandwagon and hater comments will always draw comments in kind.

Personally I had no clue how we'd do this season. I just wanted better than last season. And this is so exciting! 1 more W and we've got ourselves a winning season!

This season the colts put the fun back into being a colts fan!

To all you haters that said we would loose are you colts fans or ban wagon jumpers that was impressive to come back and win and a rookie do it in a minute 14 cmon rookies are not suppose to do that say what you want about ints I don't like them either but wow luck needs rookie of the year minus the ints what a win so what are the real colts fans saying now? ?

Luck is a clutch player, something that Manning never really achieved. The Colts should definitely win multiple Super Bowls with Luck. He will eclipse Manning in winning, if not in individual statistics. Manning was over-rated.

Yust wanth to say you don't have too no how to spell to be a colts fan!!! I realize some don't have the edgeamacation that some

do, But I do see every body no's what he ment and that's all the matters!!!

OOOO!!! Jes!!! I'm also now afisholly a Colts bangwagon jumper!!!!

SINCE 1958!!!!! tHAT'S WHEN I JUMPT ON!!!!

COLTSINCE4

BTW SINCE 1958 NEEDS TO BE BOLD AS WELL AS LARGE

How about this, I didn't post a prediction in Lions prediction thread because I felt this could happen, or it might get away from us. (almost did)

I was watching game with Lions fans at my home, ( i f do live just b north of Detroit ) got to say this I loved way Luck & Colts came baack, Luck throws to many IT and bad % but when needed makes the throws to win & that is what counts,, alsop throws for tons of yards

Anyway back to my point, after watching the lions for years, or at least hearing about them from friends, I know one thing not 1 of them in my home was convinced they would win no matter the laed and time left, they just have nop faith in their team from so many let downs, Glad I am not a Lions fan

Luck is a clutch player, something that Manning never really achieved. The Colts should definitely win multiple Super Bowls with Luck. He will eclipse Manning in winning, if not in individual statistics. Manning was over-rated.

Umm what? Over 40 4th quarter come back wins is not clutch?

I can only assume youre talking about archie.

Thinknig your team might lose a game they are expected to lose doesn't make you a hater, it just makes you a realist and not a homer. I routed for us from the first second even though I thought it was over after the 3rd INT I still watched and hoped for the comeback that we witnessed.

This is me too. I felt before the game, we would lose and I wasn't sure it would be close. I too thought during the game, it was still winnable though and then with that final int, I felt that was the dagger. I however continued to abuse my heart and watch it and I'm soooo glad I always watch until the end of a colts game to see that exciting last 3 minutes. That was luck's special Colts moment already. I expect the team to win 2 of the 4 remaining games but I will be more than tickled to see them win all 4 and take the division away from texans :)

350x700px-LL-4ad90b08_Not-sure-if-serious2.jpeg

I detect just a bit of sarcasm to this post as this could never be a serious viewpoint from anyone. Manning won soooooo many regular season games it is rediculous, the team was a part of that and was also a big part of postseason failures. Right now, Luck has proven he can win regular season games in similar magical willed fashion as did Manning but until he wins playoff games and multiple SB's Luck is just a really good regular season rookie QB.

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing. I'm seriously confused :dunno::thinking: ..............................

I am a journalism and English major from way back. I am utterly 'corn-fused' (OK I do not win at scrabble with that one) by this thread. Can we not recognize that this thread is one sentence that is truly a 'masterful' run-on sentence, and also constitutes the epitome of a wretched attempt at a paragraph as well. Somewhere within must be a subject, verb and predicate? :lol::funny::spit: OK.......and there are only 3 misspellings and zero punctuation........there must be an explanation. Texting? LOL/BTW-itis? (My use of ....'s is a result of laziness.....not an example of poor grammar ;)) :)

Here is a nice link for those in need of a grammar check.................I know my misspellings irritate me to no end. I hate to edit after the fact. GO COLTS! I just tried this and it is kind of neat. I know I am joking here, but good grammar and writing is a lost art. :)

http://www.grammarly.com/?q=grammar&gclid=CKzc6P-9_rMCFYw-MgodShAALA

Yust wanth to say you don't have too no how to spell to be a colts fan!!! I realize some don't have the edgeamacation that some

do, But I do see every body no's what he ment and that's all the matters!!!

OOOO!!! Jes!!! I'm also now afisholly a Colts bangwagon jumper!!!!

SINCE 1958!!!!! tHAT'S WHEN I JUMPT ON!!!!

COLTSINCE4

Where is Larry the Cable guy when ya need him? :)

witless-protection-trailer.jpg

well iam glad i said atleast 10 wins this year back in april tenn jax will be 10 would love to beat tex at home for 11

Here's a thought... what if Houston goes on a downward spiral and loses out? Unlikely, I know, but we have two games against them and if we can win them both and beat Tennessee (and we get a miracle in Hou. losing the other two somehow)... Poof! AFC South Champs!

Edit: I buy Powerball tickets... take that as you may

in honor of another poster...

dear god...