Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

To all you haters that said.. ...

hambone35

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is me too. I felt before the game, we would lose and I wasn't sure it would be close. I too thought during the game, it was still winnable though and then with that final int, I felt that was the dagger. I however continued to abuse my heart and watch it and I'm soooo glad I always watch until the end of a colts game to see that exciting last 3 minutes. That was luck's special Colts moment already. I expect the team to win 2 of the 4 remaining games but I will be more than tickled to see them win all 4 and take the division away from texans :)

The Texans will beat us i the first game, 2nd is a toss up on importance. Chiefs and titans are winnable.

I have never really understood the reason to label someone a “True”, “Bandwagon”, Fair Weather” fan just because they don’t fit into some narrow personal definition of what fandom should be. Why can’t just the fact that they are fans period be enough? They love football and love to talk about it. If they want to switch loyalties then so be it. Are all our out of country Colts fans supposed to stop being Colts fans because they can’t watch every game, or are they supposed to move to the US to be a Colts fan? Just because someone doesn’t jump around like a crazed lunatic all game long, should that make him less of a fan? I personally don’t scream and yell all game long but don’t care if someone else does. They just have a different way of showing their excitement.

jmo

So if I dare to suggest that the Colts might lose a game I am a hater but yet if I say they will win every game they play I am a homer. So what do I predict in order just to be a fan? Start calling for ties?

In reality no of course it does not make you a hater, but some fans have to find a way to say their fandom is bigger than others fandom. It is just one big ticking contest and it is laughable.

I predicted 10-6 and missing the playoffs this off-season, but I've always been an insufferable homer. I became a fan in 1980 when they were the Baltimore Colts, and if I haven't left them by now, I'm definitely not a FW fan...

So if I dare to suggest that the Colts might lose a game I am a hater but yet if I say they will win every game they play I am a homer. So what do I predict in order just to be a fan? Start calling for ties?

I

I guess predict we win every game, but understand we sometimes won't score more and the NFL will probably take our win away for just that reason. :scratch:

I think the Colts are the best story in the NFL this year . And the rest of this division isn't happy . They know what the future holds .

I'm actually nervous about that. Just because we're ahead of schedule doesn't mean we're home free. We still have some serious trouble spots on our roster. We don't have a lot of draft picks. I'm not terribly excited about either the draft or the free agent pool (at least not at this point). We have to nail this offseason in order to have a chance at challenging for the division next year, AND our young guys can't regress, like second year guys sometimes do.

I think there will be a lot more room for criticism of Grigson with the coming offseason than there was last offseason, when we were saddled with dead cap hits and a roster in transition.

*knew

Some one needs spell check. Ya Think :dunno:

hambone 35 post

(there is nothing funny other than those who believed we would not go 9-7 or better now we are there, people are believing I NEW what type of player we was getting in luck simply amazing year.)

As far as this game goes I didn't think we would win. Detroit was coming off a thursday night game....had 3 extra days to rest and prepare and looked to be finally putting together that lethal offense from last year. We have tons of problems with pressure up the middle (little less from the ends). Chicago exposed that first game of the season and the Jets somewhat too. I didn't think we could hold up and really we were fortunate. Luck made some huge plays along with many others and we got a stop or two when we had too. Could have and probably should have went the other way but that doesn't make me not a fan. Just a big fan with realistic expectations and someone who tries not to let his fandom get in the way of his objectivity. I was jumping off my couch sunday screaming with the rest of everyone else so please lets not give lectures.

This team has very much overachieved. We have played inspired football for our sick coach and shown a ton of heart. We've benefited from the easiest schedule in the league and made the most of all our chances. We've basically won a ton of close games that could have went either way. If you asked me today which team is more representative of us I would say the one that faced NE. Can make some big plays but overall not consistant or talented enough to hang with the big boys. It was a great win for sure one I will remember but I'm still not going to go out and bet my house on this team. They are giving me as a fan all I could ask for...but I'm not going to expect too much...just going to bask in the glory of over-achieving....and not the opposite.