Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Jets Predictions

danlhart87

I'm gonna take my dream last night that the Colts got spanked by the Jets as a good sign and say Colts 24 Jets 17.

I think our 2 back attack of Ballard/Carter will do well against the Jets D.

I think our TEs and Avery will have a good game with a lot of attention being focused on Wayne.

And I think our O-line will continue to improve.

My only worry is D without Mathis. Hopefully Hughes can contribute opposite Freeney.

If our DBs can contribute as well as last game and our front 7 focus on stopping the run we will be OK.

If we can keep it close into the 4th quarter then we got a shot. BRING ON THE NO HUDDLE!

That's just it. I have little faith that Ballard / carter can contribute, and zero faith that Hughes can. Had Brown & Mathis been in, I'd have went for a narrow victory. I was wrong last week, monsterously wrong at the half, and I hope I'm wrong for Sunday. If Jerry Hughes contributes anything remotely decent to our D, I'll happily eat crow.

That's just it. I have little faith that Ballard / carter can contribute, and zero faith that Hughes can. Had Brown & Mathis been in, I'd have went for a narrow victory. I was wrong last week, monsterously wrong at the half, and I hope I'm wrong for Sunday. If Jerry Hughes contributes anything remotely decent to our D, I'll happily eat crow.

Have some faith. You saw what we could do in the running game after AQ took over. We don't have to run for 150 yards on the Jets now that Revis and Holmes are both out. As long as we can do what we did to the Packers last week, we'll be fine.

Colts 35 Jets 13

Luck 40-55 415 yds 3 TD's 0 INT

Ballard 25 rushes 85 yds Carter 10 rushes for 20 yds

Wayne 14 catches 165 yds 1 TD Avery 10 catches for 125 yds 1 TD Fleener 6 catches for 50 yds 1 TD Hilton 7 catches 50 yds Allen 3 catches 15 yds

Defense- 6 sacks(Freeney two, Redding Two, Hughes one, Nevis one) 4 INT's (Two from Sanchez and Two from Tebow.)

Colts 24-14 Jets

Luck 24/41 2TDs 1INT for 288 yds (worked from his 12yds per completion stat so far this year.)

Indy run for 88 yds total

Wayne 10 rec 141 yds (again worked from his avg yards per catch stat)

Def:

3 sacks (Freeman, Hughes, Redding)

2 INTs (Bethea, Powers)

Sanchez 16/31 2TDs 2INTs 209 yds

Tebow 1/2 0TDs 0INTs

Hill 7 rec 88 yds

Keller 5 rec 41 yds

1INT (Cromartie)

1 Sack (Pace)

Seems the majority predict the Jets to offer nothing on offense which is a fair shout, but in the topsey turvey league this season who knows. I expect it to be something of an anti-climax after the emotional Packers win, made even harder by playing on the road in NY. Although saying that the home crowd could be an advantage if they get on Sanchez's back.

Almost too close to call I think, but I'll go with a Colts 20 - Jets 23 and hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

Colts 27-17

Not going to in depth in stats.

Luck 2 TD's

Carter 1

Ballard will have a decent game but Carter will get the goaline score. Avery and Fleener will get the two TD's from luck. Freeney will get 2 sacks with one of them causing a fumble. The run D will play very well making Sanchez throw more than they want for 2 picks.

I'm gonna take my dream last night that the Colts got spanked by the Jets as a good sign and say Colts 24 Jets 17.

I think our 2 back attack of Ballard/Carter will do well against the Jets D.

I think our TEs and Avery will have a good game with a lot of attention being focused on Wayne.

And I think our O-line will continue to improve.

My only worry is D without Mathis. Hopefully Hughes can contribute opposite Freeney.

If our DBs can contribute as well as last game and our front 7 focus on stopping the run we will be OK.

If we can keep it close into the 4th quarter then we got a shot. BRING ON THE NO HUDDLE!

I had a dream we lost 31-30 to the Chiefs last night. We are doomed....doomed!

I'm afraid the Jets might win this one. Ryan is still a good DC and he has a rookie QB to play with.

Afraid? If I were you I'd be more afraid of the patriots playing the Seahawks. That Tate guy doesn't even need to have possession of the ball to score points, muwahahaha (cough, cough). I predict this game will be interesting.

Jets 21 - 14. Injuries biting I'm afraid.

your the 4th person i have seen that mentions injuries.

Angerer - hasnt played a single down this year

Davis - was out last week and the secondary held down the fort (well in the second half)

Mathis - when he went down, Hughes did a great job in producing oppertunities for redding to get to the QB and having freeney back helps.

Brown - from what i had seen in the first 3 weeks no one wanted brown as the starter anyway, and ballard can produce just as well as he did but i do not know if he can mock the discount double check raji dance as well as brown though, that remains to be seen lol.

all in all i think they will be just fine against a struggling jets team. aslong as the front 7 gets pressure on sanchez there might even be a couple turnovers by sanchez and by the third qtr " we want tebow " chants start.

dont know why so many still dont like Hughes, He has done as good or better then Freeney in only 1 more start

but in all fairness to freeney, he has only played one full game this year lol. just saying is all. but i loved what hughes did last week against green bay in providing alot of oppertunities for redding to get to rodgers. if im not mistaken 3 of the 5 sacks last week came from hughes side of the ball redding had 2 himself.

but in all fairness to freeney, he has only played one full game this year lol. just saying is all. but i loved what hughes did last week against green bay in providing alot of oppertunities for redding to get to rodgers. if im not mistaken 3 of the 5 sacks last week came from hughes side of the ball redding had 2 himself.

Freeney had 1, Redding had 1, Fokuo had 1 I think Mathis had 2 but I'd have to go back and look at that

your the 4th person i have seen that mentions injuries.

Angerer - hasnt played a single down this year

Davis - was out last week and the secondary held down the fort (well in the second half)

Mathis - when he went down, Hughes did a great job in producing oppertunities for redding to get to the QB and having freeney back helps.

Brown - from what i had seen in the first 3 weeks no one wanted brown as the starter anyway, and ballard can produce just as well as he did but i do not know if he can mock the discount double check raji dance as well as brown though, that remains to be seen lol.

all in all i think they will be just fine against a struggling jets team. aslong as the front 7 gets pressure on sanchez there might even be a couple turnovers by sanchez and by the third qtr " we want tebow " chants start.

No disrespect 41, but Hughes has contributed next to nothing. Doesn't mean he won't step up on Sunday, but I have seen zero from him so far to garner any hope he will even remotely fill the Mathis void. Injuries are no excuse, but with the paper thin roster we currently have, it is a major concern.

If I had to guess,

Jets with no Revis, and Wayne will have his way with Cromartie if they leave him in single coverage. Shonn Greene is running like a pet rock in a grassy field, and Sanchez is just bad, Also they have a more inexperienced receiving core.

Colts 38 Jets 13

No disrespect 41, but Hughes has contributed next to nothing. Doesn't mean he won't step up on Sunday, but I have seen zero from him so far to garner any hope he will even remotely fill the Mathis void. Injuries are no excuse, but with the paper thin roster we currently have, it is a major concern.

just for the sake of a good conversation.....the way hughes rushed the RT last week and pulled the RT away from the rest of the OLine to open up a 1 on 1 match up for Redding was doing nothing???? and he did have 3 tackles. yeah he is no mathis or freeney but there isnt awhole lot of people in the NFL that are natural DE's who are like mathis and freeney. what are your thoughts on maybe drafting golson from michigan state????? he looks like he can be a beast in the NFL.