Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Jets Predictions

danlhart87

To be honest with you, I think this game is a close mirror to the Jacksonville game. A team with no offense, a mediocre quarterback(although he's better than Gabbert) and a solid defense. I think the Jets are going to try and play it similar to what the Jaguars did. They are going to make a concerted effort to stay with the ground game. I know they don't have MJD, but they are going to try and get split production between their runners. I think we are going to see heavy doses of Shonn Greene, and a bigger glimpse of Tebow more than they have done against other opponents. They are also going to have a couple trick plays and down the field shots in the works when they can. They are going to do their best to possess the ball and keep us in position to force things against their defense in the passing game.

However, in the end I still think we are going to win as long as we respect this opponent and we play Colts football.

The Jets are at home, which is not good news for Sanchize. He will get booed after his first incompletion. He will have to play nearly a perfect game for his own fans to back him up.

After last weeks emotional loss to the Texans--a game where they put it all out on the line-- I question the Jets' mental toughness to bounce back from that type of a loss. It will be answered this weekend. Let's see if they band together during adversity or if they fall apart.

I predict a hard fought game, because the Jets know that if they lose this one, their season is likely over.

Jets 17 Colts 10.

This is a big game for the Colts, it's an opportunity for their first road win. But I also don't like playing a team with their backs against the wall, so I could see it going either way. The Jets still have a good defense, Cromartie is a beast, but their offense is pitiful.

Colts-17 Jets-13

To be honest with you, I think this game is a close mirror to the Jacksonville game. A team with no offense, a mediocre quarterback(although he's better than Gabbert) and a solid defense. I think the Jets are going to try and play it similar to what the Jaguars did. They are going to make a concerted effort to stay with the ground game. I know they don't have MJD, but they are going to try and get split production between their runners. I think we are going to see heavy doses of Shonn Greene, and a bigger glimpse of Tebow more than they have done against other opponents. They are also going to have a couple trick plays and down the field shots in the works when they can. They are going to do their best to possess the ball and keep us in position to force things against their defense in the passing game.

However, in the end I still think we are going to win as long as we respect this opponent and we play Colts football.

I hope you're right about how the Jets will play but I have doubts.

Our running game is awful. The OL can't open big holes and Greene doesn't have the speed to exploit the holes that are there. I haven't seen much of the Colts, how's your run D?

Sanchez is just plain bad. 4 years in and he still can't consistantly complete 50% of his passes. He also continues to make the same mistakes he did as a rookie.

Even if Sanchez was playing better he really doesn't have much to throw to. Keller being back will help, I'm just not sure how much.

Our run D was highly overrated coming into the season. They're too slow to set the edge and shut down the outside and the continually miss tackles at or behind the LOS.

The Jets really, really need this game. If we lose and go into the Pats game at 2-4, it makes that game an absolute must win and I don't think there's any way we beat the Pats.

Have some faith. You saw what we could do in the running game after AQ took over. We don't have to run for 150 yards on the Jets now that Revis and Holmes are both out. As long as we can do what we did to the Packers last week, we'll be fine.

Revis being out is big for our Colts. Holmes out means Sanchez has even less options in the passing game. We could see a lot of Tebow in the wildcat. If Tebow is running the wildcat, IMO, we will see Freeney at DE in the 4-3 scheme.

I think we win by two scores. i think in the past what made the Jets... well Sanchez look decent against us was the fact EVERYONE knew the cover 2 was gonna be a constant in our defense. You stop the front four you will have all day to find someone. Now with multiple looks, blitzes we are not predictable on defense anymore... Hughes will be key in getting to the edge to stop the runs to his side. on offense i expect less no-huddle due to being on the road. The Jets are not as bad as the Media circus makes them out to be. I hope the jets plan to stick Cro on wayne all day. Reggie moves around pre snap so much it may confuse the rest of their defense.

Rex Ryan is good at coming up with gameplans... but he had Revis which pretty left him in a position to only worry about 3/4 of the field. i am sure we will see 4 wr sets alot this sunday

I hope you're right about how the Jets will play but I have doubts.

Our running game is awful. The OL can't open big holes and Greene doesn't have the speed to exploit the holes that are there. I haven't seen much of the Colts, how's your run D?

Sanchez is just plain bad. 4 years in and he still can't consistantly complete 50% of his passes. He also continues to make the same mistakes he did as a rookie.

Even if Sanchez was playing better he really doesn't have much to throw to. Keller being back will help, I'm just not sure how much.

Our run D was highly overrated coming into the season. They're too slow to set the edge and shut down the outside and the continually miss tackles at or behind the LOS.

The Jets really, really need this game. If we lose and go into the Pats game at 2-4, it makes that game an absolute must win and I don't think there's any way we beat the Pats.

These were my thoughts as a fan, but then my thoughts were backed up when I went over to the Jets website and listened to Joe Mcknight say this week needs to be a coming out party for the run game. Then he said he feels like he should have some explosive plays against the Colts as we have the 25th ranked run defense. It's the same plan as usual, ground and pound except I think we will see more Tebow this time.

You probably won't have to worry that heavily about our running game because we are a passing team, plus our starting running back is not playing this week. We are not normally that good of a running team, although our running game did well last week.

Why are you doubting how you guys will play this game when what you are doing is what you guys always do?

Colts 35 Jets 13

Luck 40-55 415 yds 3 TD's 0 INT

Ballard 25 rushes 85 yds Carter 10 rushes for 20 yds

Wayne 14 catches 165 yds 1 TD Avery 10 catches for 125 yds 1 TD Fleener 6 catches for 50 yds 1 TD Hilton 7 catches 50 yds Allen 3 catches 15 yds

Defense- 6 sacks(Freeney two, Redding Two, Hughes one, Nevis one) 4 INT's (Two from Sanchez and Two from Tebow.)

Couldnt help but notice that your "prediction" has us running 90 offensive plays. This seems a bit high. I mean 35 runs and 55 passes. C'mon man

These were my thoughts as a fan, but then my thoughts were backed up when I went over to the Jets website and listened to Joe Mcknight say this week needs to be a coming out party for the run game. Then he said he feels like he should have some explosive plays against the Colts as we have the 25th ranked run defense. It's the same plan as usual, ground and pound except I think we will see more Tebow this time.

You probably won't have to worry that heavily about our running game because we are a passing team, plus our starting running back is not playing this week. We are not normally that good of a running team, although our running game did well last week.

Why are you doubting how you guys will play this game when what you are doing is what you guys always do?

My doubts are about our ability to do anything successful with our gameplan. Outside of the first game, we haven't been able to get anything at all going on offense. I didn't like the hiring of Sparano as OC because he's never been one before and it shows. All of our running plays are the exact same regardless of who's carrying the ball, we run straight up the middle every time. Ground & pound doesn't work if there's no imagination in the run game and you don't have good enough running backs to pull it off.

My doubts are about our ability to do anything successful with our gameplan. Outside of the first game, we haven't been able to get anything at all going on offense. I didn't like the hiring of Sparano as OC because he's never been one before and it shows. All of our running plays are the exact same regardless of who's carrying the ball, we run straight up the middle every time. Ground & pound doesn't work if there's no imagination in the run game and you don't have good enough running backs to pull it off.

Greene is a pretty decent back. The thing is the OL is not executing their blocking assignments properly, or just plain getting beat. They've shown it so many times on NFL Playbook, and I observed some of it last Monday during the game. The issue has gotten worse because your best WR is hurt and everyone else at WR lacks talent or is inexperienced so you have issues in the running game and the passing game. I believe they said Stephen Hill may play this game so that provides one potential deep threat if he plays. Based on some of the comments I listened to from Rex Ryan I believe they may also try Cromartie at WR again on certain plays when they want to go deep.

For the most part I expect ground and pound with more Tebow involved, and some creative stuff to get big plays out of the passing game.

Greene is a pretty decent back. The thing is the OL is not executing their blocking assignments properly, or just plain getting beat. They've shown it so many times on NFL Playbook, and I observed some of it last Monday during the game. The issue has gotten worse because your best WR is hurt and everyone else at WR lacks talent or is inexperienced so you have issues in the running game and the passing game. I believe they said Stephen Hill may play this game so that provides one potential deep threat if he plays. Based on some of the comments I listened to from Rex Ryan I believe they may also try Cromartie at WR again on certain plays when they want to go deep.

For the most part I expect ground and pound with more Tebow involved, and some creative stuff to get big plays out of the passing game.

Our OL is defly not what it once was, that's for sure. Our offense as a whole, is pretty anemic and I'm just hoping we can get something going. Move the ball, kill the clock and keep your offense on the sideline, we'll se how it goes.

Anyway, here's to a good game with no injuries and oh yea, GO JETS!!