Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Positive thread

Nobody

So, I think we're all down after that heartbreaking game. This is a thread to post about positive takeaways from this game. No negativity allowed. I'll start.

TY Hilton has emerged as the deep threat we thought he would be.

We all need cheering up, share away!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I think we're all down after that heartbreaking game. This is a thread to post about positive takeaways from this game. No negativity allowed. I'll start.

TY Hilton has emerged as the deep threat we thought he would be.

We all need cheering up, share away!

That's all true. Lot's of positives. However, let's also be realistic, we were playing against a team that can't throw the ball yet we let them run all over us.

We'll see how positive we are after the next two games, against good teams.

Luck is showing that he has the tools. Give him a running game/line and it's going to be a monster (imagine if we had JAX's blocking and MJD). The team is young and with a total rebuild you have to play a season to really determine what needs to be corrected and what needs to be replaced.

Frustrating game, but entertaining. We knew this wouldn't be a playoff team, no need to break out the hemlock.

Thanks, Nobody. Freeman is a beast. Loved how Bethea sniffed out that reverse. Hilton and Avery look very solid, and Wayne is HUGE for this offense.

Thanks Monroe and TK for abiding by the OP request for positive only. Thank heavens for the intervention as there certainly aren't any other threads to post negativity. Lol.

I'm taking a lot of positives from this game. Luck is looking great he doesn't let adversity or pressure get to him. Hilton and Avery are coming into there own and the oline is better pass blocking than they were week one which isn't hard to do. Special teams played well too. Get luck an oline and brown will produce and our young talented WR will be hard to handle. Also good to see Allen get involved more

Sorry!

There are a lot of positives. Nobody asked us to be positive. I respect that!

• Our 2 minute offense/no huddle is amazing
  • AV came back after a huge miss......wondering if the clock was not reset...AV was confused.
  • Reggie Wayne: All I need to say.
  • TY is real! Returns and receiving.....
  • Brazill: Special Teams...the kid will do anything.
  • Bob Lamey was hurting the "Replacements" like a Pro should! (OK....had a negative twist.)
  • On our biggest drives, our much 'slammed running back Donald Brown' made plays.

More positives....but we need Colt Fans to step and make more. I like positive threads....I can see a gnat on a pumpkin....

We can dwell elsewhere on negative/corrective issues......I will see you there as well! I am not giving up on the......... :colts: :colts:

ONE more positive: THE EDGE!

Luck continues to look impressive.

Hilton showed some of his ability.

The running game actually showed signs of life

Oline wasnt as bad. Although this may have been due to the fact the Jags front 4 are really known for pass rushing.

This year is going to be tough for us fans. We just gotta bunker down.

I have always been a big TY Hilton fan. he showed today why he was traded up for. The only reason he wasn't first or second round, is because of his size. The kid can flat out fly. Everyone says Avery is fast..I think TY would blow his doors off in any race. And, once he gets more comfortable running routes, we have a potential superstar receiver on our team to compliment Reggie.

He gave us a big thrill, even though it was called back, on that long punt return. his acceleration from stop to start is amazing..I think if Lucks pass to him down the sideline on that last drive would have been better I think he might have gone all the way, he clearly had his receiver beat, and the throw was low and off target, yet he still caught the ball, giving the Colts a chance to come back.

Once again, Luck looked good, and showed improvement again this week...Freeman is becoming a beast on Defense...Lefeged on special teams continues to shine.

Its going to take time, but they're making strides..(even though this loss really stings)..

I seen lots of positives from this game. Offensive line looked better, Hilton and Vaughn did pretty good on special teams,the running backs were running the ball hard and Luck's ability to take us down the field when we needed to get points. Some of the negatives were we have too many predictable runs on offense, lots of penalties, Luck still seems shaky throwing it deep and the decision to challenge the interception call.We really could have used the extra timeout. All together we played a decent game, but came up just short. I almost forgot I hated seeing the roof open shadows seem to disrupt alot of plays.

After three games I'm actually surprised how good the Colts did so far. Yes the loss today was disappointing and we made a lot of mistakes (some very stupid ones) so far but don't forget that this is a team that had a complete overhaul in the last few months. Andrew Luck is doing great although he sometimes makes bad decision but despite all the praises and the hype he still is a rookie that has do learn and even the greatest made rookie mistakes. We have a lot of young, unexperienced guys on the team so yeah they make mistakes too. We have a complete new Offensive Line that to be honest consists of what I would call "fillers". So can't expect miracles from such a mix of second tier players or players that underachieved so far in their career. Defense is playing with a complete new scheme etc. etc. Rome wasn't build in a day and a great team wasn't build in a couple of games either. We are still at the beginning, but so far we do better than I expected.

First things first, that was a real exciting finish in the end, just so disappointing how it turned out. How every in the theme of the thread plenty of positives on display. Only the most optimistic would expect a realistic payoff shot this year so for me the key, especially in early games is the development of the rookies. These guys are going to be the foundation of the team going forward.

So what are the positives to take?

Andrew looks the real deal, sure he still makes mistakes but the guy's looks like a real playmaker. Excellent at escaping pressure and extending a drive in adverse circumstance. His leadership of the offense is impressive too.

T.Y looked like he's going to be productive in both the return and receiving. Hands could be better but that can be worked on.

Reggie is still Reggie!

Allen looked more active as a receiver today, Fleener showed already what a weapon he can be. Seemed to be blocking more today though.

Matthis looks like he can work in this new system, if we can get Freeney back and get even half of the production he's capable off the pass rush will be decent. Hughes has looked a lot better too. MLB looks solid if not spectacular and we have some depth here at least.

Of course the elephant in the room is the o-line, but with players to come back and given some time it could be a serviceable unit. Castanzo could still be a solid LT IMHO.

And finally going back to point of results not being the most important thing this year....every loss pushes our pick value up! Ok that one was somewhat flippant.

That's all true. Lot's of positives. However, let's also be realistic, we were playing against a team that can't throw the ball yet we let them run all over us.

We'll see how positive we are after the next two games, against good teams.

Its MJD, the guy has ran on the colts for so long... i wasnt surprised... i was annoyed but not surprised.

The offensive line's pass blocking looked really good though, much better than they did before.

Its MJD, the guy has ran on the colts for so long... i wasnt surprised... i was annoyed but not surprised.

The offensive line's pass blocking looked really good though, much better than they did before.

So true. And the pass blocking did look better. Should even improve more when Reitz gets back.

I hate to invoke the "M" word, but I'm starting to want teams to blitz us ala when PM was QB. Luck handles it so well and always turns it into a positive play, even if it's by him running.

So true. And the pass blocking did look better. Should even improve more when Reitz gets back.

I hate to invoke the "M" word, but I'm starting to want teams to blitz us ala when PM was QB. Luck handles it so well and always turns it into a positive play, even if it's by him running.

Well if thats the case the game vs the packers should be a good shocker then lol, he seems like he's just getting better and getting in sync with his WR's and the more that happens the more i think he'll get the reins for this offense.

The refs have a couple hundred extra bucks in their pockets.

In all seriousness, Andrew Luck was phenominal!!!! He continues to amaze me with his last minute drives and ability to come back from his mistakes. Hilton looks like a future pro bowler. Avery seems like a diamond in the rough. Reggie Wayne is on our team. Freeman continued to make plays. Brown could be a star with a better oline.

Very good topic Nobody! I always like to look to the positive on the side of things in the negative. I also seen from the game like you mentioned. I have also seen Luck he does not break under pressure and that says a lot for him being a Rookie. Most Rookies will bend or break under pressure, but not him. Onto the next game! We will have our bad games and our good games this season.But this is just being a part of a very young team. We just have to get better each game and learn from the mistakes. Even Chuck Pagano is learning on being an head coach in the NFL. He and this young team will get better, and learn from their mistakes and go from there. They have to take the bad losses and the good losses, and should we as fans as well. Go Colts. I will always believe in Blue.