Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck hurt while snowboarding rumor

Ratking

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, nothing should surprise me but I seriously doubt it. Again, if at any point it was clear that Luck would miss the whole season, they'd keep him on PUP. 

And even if they took him off for "competitive advantage", why would Irsay come out and say everything for Luck is "mental" right now, and how he needs to trust his body?

Plus I'm sure all members of the Colts who are in the know would be told to stay quite about Andrew information. Especially his own linemen who are responsible for his injury in the first place (no offense). 

And finally, I'm sure the surgery would have happened anyways. There's a reason Luck was on the injury report for a "sore shoulder" for what seemed like all of last season. And regarding him playing in a meaningless week 17 game, do you think Luck is NOT the kind of guy to do that? 

2 minutes ago, Roger said:

This is right up there in reliable sources. My sister's brother-in-law bowls with a guy who heard exactly the same story while delivering beer to LOS.

Lol. My thoughts exactly. I couldn't stop laughing while reading it. A whole article based on a rumor from a friend of a friend. 

34 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Plus I'm sure all members of the Colts who are in the know would be told to stay quite about Andrew information. Especially his own linemen who are responsible for his injury in the first place (no offense). 

As much as people want to keep blaming the offensive line due to the sacks and other injuries this shoulder injury is from Luck tackling DB after throwing interceptions so its his fault and not O-Line.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/216314/jim-irsay-on-andrew-luck-he-has-to-change-the-way-he-plays

Not to lend any credence to this story, but like I said in the other thread, Andrew Luck was here at Steamboat Resort snowboarding after the 2015 season concluded, and that is 100% factual. That doesn't mean he injured his shoulder snowboarding like the story suggests, but he does like to go to the mountains in the offseason, for better or worse.

28 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

At this point, nothing should surprise me but I seriously doubt it. Again, if at any point it was clear that Luck would miss the whole season, they'd keep him on PUP. 

And even if they took him off for "competitive advantage", why would Irsay come out and say everything for Luck is "mental" right now, and how he needs to trust his body?

And finally, I'm sure the surgery would have happened anyways. There's a reason Luck was on the injury report for a "sore shoulder" for what seemed like all of last season. And regarding him playing in a meaningless week 17 game, do you think Luck is NOT the kind of guy to do that? 

Keeping him on PUP would have sent out a negative vibe to the fanbase before the season even started, there was no way they were leaving him on PUP. Irsay has a business to run.  It looks like there is a good chance he could miss 6 games at this point and isn't even practicing yet so the argument could easily be made he should have been left on PUP. I don't recall Irsay ever saying his problem was all mental either, he made a reference to it at one point, but Pagano just said yesterday the docs have not cleared him medically to practice so clearly it's more then just mental.

It's not really all that crazy. He played the last game of the season with the idea that rest/healing would be the better option. Then out of nowhere, we get word that he did have surgery. Maybe this connects those dots.

As was pointed out in the other thread, it doesn't change his timeline for recovery now though, so it's kind of a triviality and gossip fodder (which I don't mind, but it is what it is).

46 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's not really all that crazy. He played the last game of the season with the idea that rest/healing would be the better option. Then out of nowhere, we get word that he did have surgery. Maybe this connects those dots.

As was pointed out in the other thread, it doesn't change his timeline for recovery now though, so it's kind of a triviality and gossip fodder (which I don't mind, but it is what it is).

Yeah , I don't see what's so farfetched about a football team being disingenuous , but that being said , until there is proof , or they come out and say it , it's just another baseless rumor. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Baseball players are of a different breed. Kris Bryant has been playing with dislocated fingers, high ankle sprains, and all kinds of stuff this season. remember Curt Shilling and his bloody ankle/Achilles years ago.

Yeah , im not sure the endgame here with lying about the injury.   Wouldn't make sense to hide something like that.  That being said, it is puzzling why he waited a few months after the season to have the surgery. The Colts mysterious ways give credence to this kind of stuff.  Something happened , I believe they believed he was going to be ready for the Rams . 

1 hour ago, indy1888 said:

Keeping him on PUP would have sent out a negative vibe to the fanbase before the season even started, there was no way they were leaving him on PUP. Irsay has a business to run.  It looks like there is a good chance he could miss 6 games at this point and isn't even practicing yet so the argument could easily be made he should have been left on PUP. I don't recall Irsay ever saying his problem was all mental either, he made a reference to it at one point, but Pagano just said yesterday the docs have not cleared him medically to practice so clearly it's more then just mental.

Irsay also said the line was fixed , Grigson was a good GM , and the Colts are on track to win multiple SB.  

4 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Irsay also said the line was fixed , Grigson was a good GM , and the Colts are on track to win multiple SB.  

Everything was great in Luck's 1st 3 seasons, I didn't even miss Peyton with 3 11-5's and a Title Game but I didn't anticipate Luck getting injured nor did any of us nor did Irsay. Until he gets healthy it wont be the same, that wont be until next season unfortunately IMO.

40 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Why is a Colt's Offensive Lineman using Uber?   Lol..drank too much and to cheap to spring for a conventional cab?  Not finding any of this credible despite Luck saying he liked to snowboard in and old interview.

Exactly what I was thinking

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Everything was great in Luck's 1st 2 seasons, I didn't even miss Peyton with 3 11-5's and a Title Game but I didn't anticipate Luck getting injured nor did any of us nor did Irsay. Until he gets healthy it wont be the same, that wont be until next season unfortunately IMO.

They know this a rebuild season.  Haven't said it , but it's going to take Ballard a couple offseasons to fix Grigson mistakes.  That's a tough sell to a fanbase used to winning .  Lot of people can't get on board with that .  Im good with it . 

Just now, mahagga73 said:

They know this a rebuild season.  Haven't said it , but it's going to take Ballard a couple offseasons to fix Grigson mistakes.  That's a tough sell to a fanbase used to winning .  Lot of people can't get on board with that .  Im good with it . 

Yeah I am on board with it too. We just have to be but our fanbase is so used to winning it is a very tough sell. Peyton years and Luck's first 3 years we were Very Good to Great except 2011 so this is tough.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I am on board with it too. We just have to be but our fanbase is so used to winning it is a very tough sell. Peyton years and Luck's first 3 years we were Very Good to Great except 2011 so this is tough.

I have a little different perspective . The fans that didn't just get on board with Manning.  The Colts were terrible most of my childhood, late 70s, early to mid-80s, early 90s. 8-8 was a dream season .