Andrew Luck hurt while snowboarding rumor

Ratking

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Don't you think that giving this rumor any credence is a little over-the-top? Isn't that why these types of unsubstantial rumors continue to be created in the first place? We allow someone to get 15 minutes of fame because they made up an elaborate story.

What will the next rumor be? Maybe Andrew was hunting Bigfoot and hurt his shoulder falling down a mountain. Are we going to ask his agent, coach, and family about that too? Maybe Andrew tried to put away too many books at once, in the library. Maybe he fell in a manhole while walking at night in the downtown streets of Indianapolis.

Maybe we should use our collective brainpower, and believe it's highly more-plausible and highly more-probable that the guy got his tail kicked for nearly 5 years (in several football games) by the worlds best defensive football players.

Personally, I am going to side with logic.

Who's getting famous from this rumor again?

One of the things that leads at least some credence to this is that no one is seeking to slap their face on it.

And to the point about how much Luck got hit (the collective brain power bit..), both primary injuries happened to him out side of the pocket, running around- and he played through the shoulder.

Nothing about this story is unbelievable, it's just unverified and more importantly it doesn't change anything.

49 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Who's getting famous from this rumor again?

One of the things that leads at least some credence to this is that no one is seeking to slap their face on it.

And to the point about how much Luck got hit (the collective brain power bit..), both primary injuries happened to him out side of the pocket, running around- and he played through the shoulder.

Nothing about this story is unbelievable, it's just unverified and more importantly it doesn't change anything.

Actually the two original sources do stand to gain something.  The Indiana Sports Coverage website which started this nonsense without naming a source, redacting the name of the woman and the supposed driver in a post stream, that website has now increased traffic exponentially.  Oh, and they're distancing themselves by stating 'it's all speculation' and 'the Colts brought this on themselves' by not fulling disclosing Luck's injury or status earlier.  And then Brett Crabtree, who's last tweet was last July and said he was done with Twitter magically comes back to forward and promote the same nonsense.  And guess what he does?  Sells memorabilia on his accounts, including Twitter.  He just increased his traffic 100 fold if not more.  And he too has said from the start, it's all speculation and hearsay and rumor...  plausible deniability.  I'm just the messenger...   Sure Brett.  Sure. 

I can't believe anyone is giving this friend of a friend of a friend's sister's buddy who drives for Uber story any credence.  Just for a second think about how many people would have to have conspired to keep this quiet and out of normal channels, and if that isn't enough, consider why the Colts, Luck, his agent, lawyers, family, and friends would keep it secret.  Luck's inability to play directly negatively impacts hundreds of lives at the least, and a lot more if you consider the amount of money bet on football every week,  An off the field injury which has the potential to be career ending would not have been protected by anyone.  To the contrary, there would be official, formal, normal channels discussing the ramifications, contract language allowing or not allowing activities, etc. 

1 hour ago, Dirty Mudflaps said:

Actually the two original sources do stand to gain something.  The Indiana Sports Coverage website which started this nonsense without naming a source, redacting the name of the woman and the supposed driver in a post stream, that website has now increased traffic exponentially.  Oh, and they're distancing themselves by stating 'it's all speculation' and 'the Colts brought this on themselves' by not fulling disclosing Luck's injury or status earlier.  And then Brett Crabtree, who's last tweet was last July and said he was done with Twitter magically comes back to forward and promote the same nonsense.  And guess what he does?  Sells memorabilia on his accounts, including Twitter.  He just increased his traffic 100 fold if not more.  And he too has said from the start, it's all speculation and hearsay and rumor...  plausible deniability.  I'm just the messenger...   Sure Brett.  Sure. 

I can't believe anyone is giving this friend of a friend of a friend's sister's buddy who drives for Uber story any credence.  Just for a second think about how many people would have to have conspired to keep this quiet and out of normal channels, and if that isn't enough, consider why the Colts, Luck, his agent, lawyers, family, and friends would keep it secret.  Luck's inability to play directly negatively impacts hundreds of lives at the least, and a lot more if you consider the amount of money bet on football every week,  An off the field injury which has the potential to be career ending would not have been protected by anyone.  To the contrary, there would be official, formal, normal channels discussing the ramifications, contract language allowing or not allowing activities, etc. 

I don't know who Brett is. I'm guessing 98% of the people who followed up on this don't either and have minimal interest in his pedaling of whatever on the cyber. This isn't of interest because "indianacowpattiesandball" says so. It's interesting, because Luck played game 17 last year, then out of nowhere he *did* require surgery. There's a dot there that may or may not be connected. It's possible that he needed surgery all along- or not until after game 17 or after this rumored wipe out on a Snowboard. We don't know.

I think every single person understands it's a rumor and that it doesn't change anything as it stands now.

It does have a some believability to me but I do understand that A. some people have no use for this type of information under any circumstance and B. people do make crap up, but this doesn't really strike me as a wild off the wall theory.

Teams aren't forth coming about injuries all of the time, for a myriad of reasons. I'm not going to guess, but let's not pretend like the team wouldn't have some motivations for keeping this on the D/L for reasons including the PR hit on up to the on field dynamics. 

It's clear that Irsay loves Luck and want's him here- I can see why they'd keep that quiet- if it's true. 

Just to be clear, I don't necessarily totally buy this theory, but I'm not dismissing it, just because either. 

22 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Why is a Colt's Offensive Lineman using Uber?   Lol..drank too much and to cheap to spring for a conventional cab?  Not finding any of this credible despite Luck saying he liked to snowboard in and old interview.

I think the rumor is total nonsense, but a lot more people use Uber than you realize, famous or not.  It's become pretty trendy.  It's not just cheaper.  It is often times much quicker.  

On 9/19/2017 at 3:42 PM, NorthernBlue said:

At this point, nothing should surprise me but I seriously doubt it. Again, if at any point it was clear that Luck would miss the whole season, they'd keep him on PUP. 

And even if they took him off for "competitive advantage", why would Irsay come out and say everything for Luck is "mental" right now, and how he needs to trust his body?

Plus I'm sure all members of the Colts who are in the know would be told to stay quite about Andrew information. Especially his own linemen who are responsible for his injury in the first place (no offense). 

And finally, I'm sure the surgery would have happened anyways. There's a reason Luck was on the injury report for a "sore shoulder" for what seemed like all of last season. And regarding him playing in a meaningless week 17 game, do you think Luck is NOT the kind of guy to do that? 

but there is always that one person who gives out info anonymously. just saying lol.  

2 hours ago, Mr Coffee said:

I think the rumor is total nonsense, but a lot more people use Uber than you realize, famous or not.  It's become pretty trendy.  It's not just cheaper.  It is often times much quicker.  

Again, maybe where you live it is "awesome" and "trendy".....here it is not.  I have seen more towed than actually run....BECAUSE they have the stamp on the vehicle....wow!   I find it it really ridiculous that I have been called out TWICE on Uber over the fact that that this rumor is nonesense!  Do you both  work for Uber

????????????????????????????