Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Colts1324

Pats can be insane next year

76 posts in this topic

With 61 million in cap space, and possibly and extra first round pick or moreif they trade Garappolo, they can be scary good. They already have a good team. Imagine if they got Desean Jackson, resigned Hightower, got Adrian Peterson, Brandon Williams or Nick Fairley(sounds like a pats pickup) drafted a top CB and pass rusher with their 1st round picks. Wow. Just saying, is anybody else realizing how set they are. SB champs and not a lot of free agents. 2(potentially) 1st round picks. And a lot of money. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The team that won the superbowl gets Gronk back.  Isn't that scary enough?

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow..another Patriot thread............. shocker

 

.....hopefully it will be more 'insane' than "What will the :Pats get for Jimmy G?"

or 'Belichick at the draft'

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading this it bothers me that there are too many forum members who have been infested mentally by the Patriots.

 

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

With 61 million in cap space, and possibly and extra first round pick or moreif they trade Garappolo, they can be scary good. They already have a good team. Imagine if they got Desean Jackson, resigned Hightower, got Adrian Peterson, Brandon Williams or Nick Fairley(sounds like a pats pickup) drafted a top CB and pass rusher with their 1st round picks. Wow. Just saying, is anybody else realizing how set they are. SB champs and not a lot of free agents. 2(potentially) 1st round picks. And a lot of money. 

 

1. Both hands on the keyboard.

2. How insane would it be if the Colts got all those guys.

3. I'm not sold AP is his old self, and I'm thinking DeSean would be about as successful as ol' Ocho Cinco was there. DeSean's a ME guy, not a WE guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

After reading this it bothers me that there are too many forum members who have been infested mentally by the Patriots.

 

It's not a downer thread to the Colts. I have never been really that scared of the pats. I have always truly believed the colts had a chance to win every game. I'm just saying from the reports players like AP and Desean Jackson could go to NE. With Edelman, Jackson, AP, and Gronk that offense could be even more scarier. They finished number as the number 1 defense in points allowed. Just shows how important it is for us to hit big this offseason to match what the pats, titans, Texans, and raiders will be doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my first question is clearly parity is not working against the Patriots, and two, what is Goodell going to do about it? The Patriots won the Superbowl, which means teams should be poaching their coaches and players, so there better be a whole lot of poaching, otherwise I say the Patriots are cheating. I don't know how, but they're cheating.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that would certainly be a shocker, you know the Patriots being good......

 

Okay early bold predictions really going all out here:

 

1) Pats will be good and get homefield. And then there will be excuses of them making opposing team locker rooms too warm or something which therefore causes fatigue for the opposing team.

2) Falcons will choke away some big leads.

3) Aaron Rodgers will be named MVP by fans and media by week 6.

4) Browns will have a losing record

5) Cam Newton will pout.

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

After reading this it bothers me that there are too many forum members who have been infested mentally by the Patriots.

 

The first 4 threads I just seen in NFL General are about the Patriots and then sometime every year people here blame Pats fans for starting everything.

 

:dunno:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jules said:

 

The first 4 threads I just seen in NFL General are about the Patriots and then sometime every year people here blame Pats fans for starting everything.

 

:dunno:

Very observant. :hat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have won 2 super bowls in 12 years, and were gift wrapped them both. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jules said:

Well that would certainly be a shocker, you know the Patriots being good......

 

Okay early bold predictions really going all out here:

 

1) Pats will be good and get homefield. And then there will be excuses of them making opposing team locker rooms too warm or something which therefore causes fatigue for the opposing team.

2) Falcons will choke away some big leads.

3) Aaron Rodgers will be named MVP by fans and media by week 6.

4) Browns will have a losing record

5) Cam Newton will pout.

 

No love for the Falcons? haha Give the team a break; they had a great season. 

Besides pouting, Cam Newton will be one of the best dressed players in the NFL. lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to beat a dead horse, but while the Pats are Super Bowl champions, a coach with even the slightest amount of common sense would have ran the ball with 3 mins left in the 4th quarter and kicked a field goal.  Not to take anything away from the Pats, but as @braveheartcolt mentioned, both of their championships were gift wrapped.

 

You can never predict these things.  In the 2014 NFL season, Peyton Manning looked unstoppable.  In the 2015 NFL season, he had a monumental drop off.  Brady, who will be 40 when the season starts, could experience a similar physical drop off.  The Pats could face a rash of injuries.  They could sign a free agent who completely destroys the locker room.  It's way too early to anoint anyone as the team to beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, I would love for the Pats to sign Desean Jackson. While they lit up the scoreboard with Randy Moss, they never won the SB till they went back to their underneath passing with their RBs and TEs due to Brady's accuracy between the numbers considerably better than outside the numbers plus the time it takes for those routes to form against elite Ds that they are bound to run into at some point in time.

 

Plus, we know how the Saints forced fumbles from Adrian Peterson in the 2009 NFCCG, so if AP does it even a couple of times as a Patriot, he won't see the field for a LONG time, and that won't be a risk Belichick would be willing to take. Of course, he could always deflate the football to help with his fumbling. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but while the Pats are Super Bowl champions, a coach with even the slightest amount of common sense would have ran the ball with 3 mins left in the 4th quarter and kicked a field goal.  Not to take anything away from the Pats, but as @braveheartcolt mentioned, both of their championships were gift wrapped.

 

You can never predict these things.  In the 2014 NFL season, Peyton Manning looked unstoppable.  In the 2015 NFL season, he had a monumental drop off.  Brady, who will be 40 when the season starts, could experience a similar physical drop off.  The Pats could face a rash of injuries.  They could sign a free agent who completely destroys the locker room.  It's way too early to anoint anyone as the team to beat.

 

I wouldn't truly count on Brady experiencing a physical drop off, I could probably say boldly not a chance the next year at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

 

I wouldn't truly count on Brady experiencing a physical drop off, I could probably say boldly not a chance the next year at least.

I agree, but how many people said the same thing about Peyton Manning after the 2014 season?  My point was simply that you can't predict the future, so there's no point in saying the Pats will be unstoppable next year.  If everything that can go wrong does go wrong (injuries, bad locker room interactions, the ball simply not bouncing their way), they could be .500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well **** **** the Patriots so **** ***** **** **** **** them ******* all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

Well **** **** the Patriots so **** ***** **** **** **** them ******* all!

I feel like this is some kind of riddle.  I have tried multiple combinations of curse words but I can't seem to get it to make sense.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

Well **** **** the Patriots so **** ***** **** **** **** them ******* all!

 

Just now, Kyle said:

I feel like this is some kind of riddle.  I have tried multiple combinations of curse words but I can't seem to get it to make sense.

 

Let's make it wheel of fortune.  Is there a "S" ?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I agree, but how many people said the same thing about Peyton Manning after the 2014 season?  My point was simply that you can't predict the future, so there's no point in saying the Pats will be unstoppable next year.  If everything that can go wrong does go wrong (injuries, bad locker room interactions, the ball simply not bouncing their way), they could be .500

 

All sorts of things could derail the Patriots in 2017 so don't get me wrong, but I don't think Brady's drop-off is going to be anything like Manning's. Peyton had that neck thing, quite a big difference there. 

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GoPats said:

 

All sorts of things could derail the Patriots in 2017 so don't get me wrong, but I don't think Brady's drop-off is going to be anything like Manning's. Peyton had that neck thing, quite a big difference there. 

 

 

As long as Tom doesnt suffer any type of bad injury due to a fluke hit, I can see him playing at a high level for at least 2 more years despite his age. Free Agency nor the Draft has happened yet so it's super early to make any predictions. Having said that I think they will Repeat as long Tom doesn't get injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kyle said:

 

 

Let's make it wheel of fortune.  Is there a "S" ?

 

You have an S. Go again :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well they got Stone Hands now. This is a franchise TE. So chances are the Pats win the next 4 SBs just because they got Dwayne Allen now to make Brady look good.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Water is wet and the sky is blue.  What's new?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I agree, but how many people said the same thing about Peyton Manning after the 2014 season?  My point was simply that you can't predict the future, so there's no point in saying the Pats will be unstoppable next year.  If everything that can go wrong does go wrong (injuries, bad locker room interactions, the ball simply not bouncing their way), they could be .500

 

Lmao, when there are locker room drama queens they get traded to the Browns. This is how BB rolls.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, chad72 said:

Actually, I would love for the Pats to sign Desean Jackson. While they lit up the scoreboard with Randy Moss, they never won the SB till they went back to their underneath passing with their RBs and TEs due to Brady's accuracy between the numbers considerably better than outside the numbers plus the time it takes for those routes to form against elite Ds that they are bound to run into at some point in time.

 

Plus, we know how the Saints forced fumbles from Adrian Peterson in the 2009 NFCCG, so if AP does it even a couple of times as a Patriot, he won't see the field for a LONG time, and that won't be a risk Belichick would be willing to take. Of course, he could always deflate the football to help with his fumbling. :) 

 

Is it a co-incidence DeSean Jackson is going to the Bucs while the Pats traded for another TE? If something works, why change it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as the Patriots have Brady and the Hood.. they'll always own us.. no matter who we have on our roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pats are insane about every year even when their roster doesn't look that good. 

Gosh, made me ill saying this..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill is doing WORK....just got Kony Ealy on a very affordable contract by moving back like 8 picks in the second to third rd. They are just running laps around the rest of the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Bill is doing WORK....just got Kony Ealy on a very affordable contract by moving back like 8 picks in the second to third rd. They are just running laps around the rest of the league.

This hurts... so they moved back 8 spots to replace Chris Long and moved back like 40 spots to replace Martellus Bennett.  Both on affordable contracts.  I feel sick, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Bill is doing WORK....just got Kony Ealy on a very affordable contract by moving back like 8 picks in the second to third rd. They are just running laps around the rest of the league.

 

This is crazy. Why did the Panthers let go of him? I am seeing on their fan boards that other than playing well in that SB, he did not show enough toughness, improvement and motivation. He supposedly wasn't guaranteed a roster spot going into 2017, I heard. Nothing motivates like playing for a contender. 

 

BB just takes on guys a year before their contract year and if he cannot get something for them, he lets them go. I wish people would catch on to that and not help the rich get richer.

 

Great coaching can make discards like Kyle Van Noy, Chris Long, Jabaal Sheard etc. to play well in roles for a year or two, and discard them if they decide to ask too much.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

This is crazy. Why did the Panthers let go of him? I am seeing on their fan boards that other than playing well in that SB, he did not show enough toughness, improvement and motivation. He supposedly wasn't guaranteed a roster spot going into 2017, I heard. Nothing motivates like playing for a contender. 

 

BB just takes on guys a year before their contract year and if he cannot get something for them, he lets them go. I wish people would catch on to that and not help the rich get richer.

Yep...he gets them in contract years and they play well then they sign big deals and he gets the compensatory pick or if he finds value they re-sign but yeah...cheap labor with perks. Like I said he just runs circles around other teams. I'm all but sure like 90% of the teams in the league should just block his number....he is taking advantage of them. Their are only a few GMs that can get the best of him or have any business negotiating with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Kony Ealy trade is nuts. I'd have done that, for sure. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Superman said:

That Kony Ealy trade is nuts. I'd have done that, for sure. 

 

No kidding. Move back 8 spots and get a 25 year old playmaker that just had a little bit of a down year? Its like Christmas for NE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's weird...this time last year we were talking about who would be the odd man out this year with Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins, Hightower, and Butler. Two were traded, they win the Superbowl, and now the remaining two might be gone too and people are still talking about how the Pats are getting better.

 

Sometimes things just don't make sense.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, that Ealy deal is basically just a steal for the Pats. Another young players with real talent and potential that they can put in a position to succeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

It's weird...this time last year we were talking about who would be the odd man out this year with Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins, Hightower, and Butler. Two were traded, they win the Superbowl, and now the remaining two might be gone too and people are still talking about how the Pats are getting better.

 

Sometimes things just don't make sense.

 

Oh it makes sense. When your coach/gm is a football genius it would only not make sense if he screwed up. His track record speaks for itself. I'll say it again...most GMs need to turn off their cellphone when Bill comes calling....and if they get the urge to call him....well they need locked up in a padded room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Superman said:

That Kony Ealy trade is nuts. I'd have done that, for sure. 

Yep and his contract was like peanuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yep and his contract was like peanuts.

 

Last year of his rookie deal. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Barring some camp breakout story, I don't see how this is wrong. The only thing is they might cut Hunt and keep McGill as a 3rd down DT, but that might be a bit too light on the DE's
    • Yeah, it's pretty obvious that INDY's picks usually occurred around commercial breaks, which meant that our selections were rarely even discussed. Mike went a little bananas on his Philly love too. I know he lives there, but everything was Philly this & Philly that. He did slam that MSNBC Business reporter who massacred their fly eagle fly anthem though in his own way that I found amusing.    Look, I still love Mike as a draft analyst & I know that INDY will never get the love like Pittsburgh, Baltimore, & the City of Brotherly Love will from Mayock & it's okay to me. I know my favorite teams to watch: INDY, NY Giants, NE, Denver; GB; & New Orleans because Sean Payton is so innovative on offense.    Can I ask a question? Is it wrong of me for Make A Wish Foundation recipients to think a little bigger after surviving cancer? If it's what you really want--To introduce a draft pick cool. I just would aim higher or bigger I guess. You know maybe meet a famous band or take in a show with back stage passes. To each their own, I guess. Reading a name off a card as your dying wish or miraculous recovery wish feels like small potatoes to me. 
    • Why do people keep saying this? Walker runs 4.63. Hes not a two down LB. Hes on the field a 3 downs.
    • Here is a podcast from Sports Illustrated that features Zach Banner:     And here's Banner on The Herd:     Seems like a smart young man with personality. That's good after we lost the only guy with personality on our roster this off-season.
    •   Here's my depth chart of the current roster, including my prediction of my final 53. Assuming no major FA signings or trades, here's what I see.   IMO Parry is def gone with the draft of Glover Stewart. We didn't draft someone in the 4th round to let it go to the practice squad.   Of our 9 DLs, 2 are gone for sure making a total of 7. Amongst the 2 to be cut will likely be the following:
        McGill - $0 dead cap Parry - 110K dead cap Woods - 250K dead cap Hunt - 500K dead cap   At OLB, Maggitt will def be gone before Mingo is; he only has a $4000 dead cap (NOT A TYPO) while Mingo will stay simply because he was a former 1st rounder and we'll still hoping he pulls a Jerry Hughes after the latter went to Buffalo.        
  • Welcome New Members

  • Members

    • Alexis Constantin

      Alexis Constantin 3

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • neug3246

      neug3246 38

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • weslo1812

      weslo1812 522

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • krunk

      krunk 7,141

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • chrisfarley

      chrisfarley 697

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jseg18

      jseg18 105

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • LockeDown

      LockeDown 1,105

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • crazycolt1

      crazycolt1 5,136

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SkyBane

      SkyBane 877

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 12,156

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.