Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone else rooting for ATL?

ColtStrong

I am sure I have read that they have never won a Superbowl, so for that reason I hope they go on and win it this year.

Would it be correct to say they are a bit of a surprise package this year, and if they do go on and win it it will be a bit like Leicester winning the English Premier League last year.

I am rooting for ATL bigtime but the Pats will win. I'll believe it when I see it if a team like little ol Atlanta with Matt Ryan beats a team like the darlings of the league Pats with Tommy. The whole Deflategate has backfired, most people in general think the Pats got screwed when Brady got suspended and blame the Colts and Ravens even lmao. Since Deflategate Colts and Ravens have missed the Playoffs = strange. Pats will win this game and I would be shocked if they lost. Cheaters always end up being fan favorites in the media eyes somehow and it blows my mind. I guess its Science lmao 

Just now, PeterBowman said:

What are the chances the Pats D will employ their time honored tradition of hold every receiver every play and most likely it won't be called.

You can't hold Jones, he's too strong.  He'll get open.  The Pats are in the same situation as the Falcons.  Gotta get pressure or its game over.  This game will either be a shoot out or one defense will step up and get their team a win.  Falcons have a stronger D in my opinion so advantage to them.  

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

If Pats D takes away all of the Falcons weapons I seriously wanna know their dirty little secret. They don't even have good coverage guys. But like someone said Logan Ryan "face guards" every single time.. no calls And the illegal contact is non existent   

I think the Falcons have too many weapons for the Pats to deal with in this one.

9 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

unless they do what they did against St Louis in the Super Bowl.

I think this one is different.   The St Louis Rams had Mike Martz as the Coordinator and he had a problem with getting out of balance.  He leaned too heavily on the passing game and not enough emphasis on the run.  That's what the Pats want you to do is get one sided.  Every time they pull it out on you in most cases you'll see that the other team got one dimensional. 

I think Atlanta is a pretty balanced football team.  They do both things very well and there defense has improved.  Even if you contain their running game the backs they have are both good receivers on top of all the other weapons.  I think the Pats are probably going to pull out the old Philadelphia Super Bowl tape in their game planning.  A lot of Atlantas parts are very similar to the Parts Philly had with Mcnabb and T.O.  They'll probably pull out the St. Louis tape as well.    I still like Atlanta in this one.

1 hour ago, kcccolts said:

I am sure I have read that they have never won a Superbowl, so for that reason I hope they go on and win it this year.

Would it be correct to say they are a bit of a surprise package this year, and if they do go on and win it it will be a bit like Leicester winning the English Premier League last year.

There has never ever been anything comparable to Leicester winning the premier league before... at least not to my knowledge.

Their odds were something like 10,000 to 1. For an NFL comparison.... That would be the equivalent of something like the Browns playing only their reserve players and playing against the Patriots every game of the regular season... and still getting to and winning the Superbowl.

It was unbelievable.

11 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

There has never ever been anything comparable to Leicester winning the premier league before... at least not to my knowledge.

Their odds were something like 10,000 to 1. For an NFL comparison.... That would be the equivalent of something like the Browns playing only their reserve players and playing against the Patriots every game of the regular season... and still getting to and winning the Superbowl.

It was unbelievable.

Wow - thanks for the comparison - I would still think they would be seen as the underdogs for the Superbowl.

Also shows Leicester's achievement last year although they are really struggling this year - but than can never take away from their achievement.

Of course I am.  I lost my bet on the Pitt NE game(I thought Pitt could at least cover the spread).  The guy I bet said he's taking New England in the Superbowl double or nothing if I want to?  I think Atlanta is hot but I am not sold that they can beat the Pats. What's everyone's opinion?  I know most people want Atlanta to win but honestly can they? 

1 hour ago, kcccolts said:

Wow - thanks for the comparison - I would still think they would be seen as the underdogs for the Superbowl.

Also shows Leicester's achievement last year although they are really struggling this year - but than can never take away from their achievement.

Too right. That season will go down in history... no one can take that away from them.

And yeah I'd agree The Falcons will be the underdogs heading into the big game, I just hope to god they pull it off and deny those damned Pats. 50 something years and no championship title, you can certainly say that they are due.

43 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Of course I am.  I lost my bet on the Pitt NE game(I thought Pitt could at least cover the spread).  The guy I bet said he's taking New England in the Superbowl double or nothing if I want to?  I think Atlanta is hot but I am not sold that they can beat the Pats. What's everyone's opinion?  I know most people want Atlanta to win but honestly can they? 

Depends entirely on what your bet was.. If you are happy to share... If it was just a friendly $20 or something. I'd say go for it... but if it was like $100 then hell no.... pony up and forget about it.

15 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Depends entirely on what your bet was.. If you are happy to share... If it was just a friendly $20 or something. I'd say go for it... but if it was like $100 then hell no.... pony up and forget about it.

I bet $20 that Pitt would cover the 6 point spread.  So if I take Atlanta and Atlanta comes within 3(so pretty much win) I win my money back.  If the Pats win by 4 or more I lose $40.  I also don't want to jinx Atlanta by betting on them lol

Just now, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I bet $20 that Pitt would cover the 6 point spread.  So if I take Atlanta and Atlanta comes within 3(so pretty much win) I win my money back.  If the Pats win by 4 or more I lost $40. 

You will lose. The Falcons' D is not the type to harass Brady. Brady and the Pats win by at least 4.

I predict Patriots 31 Falcons 24

I'm 100% in Atlanta's court. Blank seems like a decent owner & it's not hard to root for Ryan to win the big one. 

I also feel that one could make some comparisons between the Falcons circa '13-'15 and the current situation with the Colts in terms of defense deficiencies, so if they can pull off a SB just a few years removed maybe, just maybe the Colts arent that far out either...

Or at least one can hope