Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I hope the titans players

bigt

5 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

I told me the season was lost. I believe anything short of a superbowl title is a failed season. Let's face it, we're not going to make it. Who are you to question what being a fan of a team is? There's arguments for both path's but it's easy to see the clear goal for both sides is they want to see the team get better.

Speak for yourself. I can question whatever I feel. Hows the team getting better by losing every game? One who routes for the team can not be considered the same as one who doesnt. It's like saying I'm voting for Clinton and then I turn around and say "I hope she loses big!" Which one is it? My point is to say be more consistent with what you say you are. If you're down, then be down. I feel routing against the team is out of line with the true definition of what a fan is.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it, The Titans are going to run the ball down the Colts throats and win this game.

Pagano will hit the podium and show no emotion at all.

Grigson and Pagano will talk about how the team needs to improve in the same areas they lacked in since 2012.

Irsay will talk about how he still has confidence in his Head Coach and GM.

The Colts will move to 2-5 and continue to be the laughing stock of not only the AFC South, but the entire NFL.

New week, same result, same story.

Until we have a new coach and GM, this team will continue to suffer and lose.

Folks, let's get real: rooting for or against the Colts isn't in ANY WAY going to change the outcome of the game.  You may want a better draft choice, but in the end you're still a fan (short for fanatic) of the Colts.  As a fanatic I don't know how you root against your team - it just doesn't fit the definition.

If you want a better draft then root for the Colts to draft the best player for our needs, don't root for the highest position because, like many have already stated, that guarantees nothing, zippo, nada, squat, zilch!  You can still hope the team wins every game and ALSO drafts the best player for our needs.  It's not an either/or, we can have both.  Heck, root that Page & Grigs are gone regardless of our record, but, geez, root for the team to win!  I hate to lose.

End rant.

8 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

We got safeties we got a great corner we got a decent D line draft an OLB high in the 1st and go after another in FA plus draft and ILB sign a draft or another CB and we will greatly improve our D we can cut the ancient players we got and move towards youth 

Yeah but who's going to draft and sign those FA's? Griggs?

Who's going to coach a roster with a bit more talent? Pagano?

We are not going anywhere with Griggs & Pagano.

And when we do fire Griggs & Pagano, who's going to hire the right replacements? Irsay? 

We need lots of luck(and I don't mean Andrew) going forward!

8 hours ago, richard pallo said:

What a pathetic comment.  I have been a fan since 1958 and have never and will never root against the Colts.  No matter how bad it gets.  And I have seen it bad.  NEVER!  No matter how much you try to rationalize your pathetic comment.  NEVER.  Real fans don't want their team to lose. NEVER!   And you use the name Colts_Fan 12.  What a joke.  In case you missed it.  I will never root against the COLTS!   NEVER!

You wanted winning meaningless games in '94 and not be able to draft Peyton manning?

You really wanted win meaningless games in 2011 and not draft Luck?

Even without a future franchise qb in draft and #1 pick at stake losing is sometimes beneficial. Just look what those 2 meaningless wins last year at the end of season got us. We were 6-8 and on our way to 6-10 and a new coach and more importantly rid of pagano. And who knows, maybe Griggs too.

But we faced two hapless teams, titans & phinns, and won and pushed our record to 8-8 and irsayy decided to extend those clowns.

Those were 2 very costly wins.

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Yeah but who's going to draft and sign those FA's? Griggs?

Who's going to coach a roster with a bit more talent? Pagano?

We are not going anywhere with Griggs & Pagano.

And when we do fire Griggs & Pagano, who's going to hire the right replacements? Irsay? 

We need lots of luck(and I don't mean Andrew) going forward!

Trust me I want those 2 jack ***** gone 

11 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I hope the Titans players do their job and beat our crappy team and fully eliminate all the false hope out of this franchise and it's fans this year.

I agree so that we can't start real change with this franchise. Our fan base hangs its hat on a winning record in a bad division that covered up too many of our issues (poor coaching and talent evaluation). We haven't been able to compete with the top tier franchises in over 5 years.

This is just turning into a argument about who's a "better" fan.

While I concur that the game theory approach for the NFL is to tank if you're not going to make the playoffs, it really goes against the ethos of sports. It's meant to be an entertaining  piece of escapism from real life. But each to their own.

However I can't see the FO agreeeing to a tank job if it means risking their jobs, so I think you need to suck it and accept the team will try to the best abilities every week. Abilities used loosely as a term.

A small warning too, its one thing to express your views, it's another to insert them into every topic and/or start provocative topics. No one is happy with the current season, but fighting with people on here won't make it any better.

If you tank and get the first pick you only really get one appreciably better than the super bowl champions. Your second pick is going to be pretty much on a par with their first.

With that in mind I don't really think having a high pick is any magical potion to fix the team unless there's an absolute unmissable stud waiting in the draft.

4 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Folks, let's get real: rooting for or against the Colts isn't in ANY WAY going to change the outcome of the game.  You may want a better draft choice, but in the end you're still a fan (short for fanatic) of the Colts.  As a fanatic I don't know how you root against your team - it just doesn't fit the definition.

If you want a better draft then root for the Colts to draft the best player for our needs, don't root for the highest position because, like many have already stated, that guarantees nothing, zippo, nada, squat, zilch!  You can still hope the team wins every game and ALSO drafts the best player for our needs.  It's not an either/or, we can have both.  Heck, root that Page & Grigs are gone regardless of our record, but, geez, root for the team to win!  I hate to lose.

End rant.

It's not about draft picks, although that's a nice bonus.  I want the colts to lose because getting rid of Chuck and the Fatman is healthier for the colts long term.  The sooner you cut out the cancer, the better.

People who want a team to lose with playing only 6 games into a season are pathetic. Pretty much down right dumb in thinking a professional NFL player is going to give up on the season after playing 6 games. Again only 6 games into a season and to want "your team" to tank for a better draft pick is stupid thinking.

See the trend here.

Also keep in mind these NFL players play for their jobs on a weekly bases. This isn't a normal Joe Smo 9-5 job where you can get away with not performing well for your employer. In the NFL you either play well or your cut.

And don't give me the "nonsense" about the year Peyton was out and the Colts only won 2 games. Even that year the Colts tried to win games till the last game of the season. They just didn't have the talent after Peyton went down.

I'm gonna say this.  I think Irsay will be forced to make a move if we continue to loose. Even in 2011, Jim said he had "Confidence" in Jim, Bill and Chris...... I seriously believe if we finish sub 8-8 WITH Luck at QB, Jim will make a move.  Here is an article from November 4, 2011

"

During a 40-minute interview with The Indianapolis Star, Colts owner Jim Irsay was given an opportunity to publicly back his embattled coach, Jim Caldwell. Instead, he went to great lengths to avoid saying anything definitive, or even mildly supportive, about his coach's future in Indy:

"One thing people can't evaluate with Jim is how hard he works, how he prepares the team, how he does have plenty of fire in his belly. At this point, it's something where I'm not into votes of confidences. I don't have any non-votes of confidence.

"I'll say this: Jim Caldwell did one of the greatest coaching jobs in the last four games last year to get us to 10-6, to get us in a position to have a chance . . . with serious injuries going on there . . . those things can't be forgotten.

"But you have to do what's right to win even (when) it's difficult, even if there's people that think you should make a change. When it comes to changes and Jim's status, it's something that eight games going forward, more will be revealed. This situation is always changing. But it's really going to be always what's best to give us a chance to win."

Pro Football Talk labeled this a "public vote of support." It's more of a "public sign to start preparing your résumé."

Nobody thinks Caldwell is safe in Indianapolis, not with an 0-8 record that somehow manages not to fully capture the ineptitude of the team. But maybe there was a small chance that the coach's prior record and the extenuating circumstances of this season will save him.

[Related: Should the Colts trade star QB Peyton Manning?]

Judging by Irsay's comments, you'd have to believe he doesn't see it that way. If not, why wouldn't he have parsed his phrasing a little more carefully, mentioned that Caldwell won an AFC championship once upon a time or, better yet, not said anything at all. (Note: It's always better to not say anything at all.) But uttering lines like "when it comes to changes ... more will be revealed" and "it's really going to be always what's best to give us a chance to win" right after praising what Caldwell did last year is like starting to fill out a pink slip.

Most damning to Caldwell were Irsay's words about Indianapolis vice chairman Bill Pollian and his son, general manager Chris Pollian. "I'm committed," Irsay told the newspaper. "In their defense, it's pretty radical after the successes we've had to start even talking about the question, in my opinion."

Now that's a vote of confidence"

now lets compare that to what Irsay said this week.....  Seems to me that at this point Chuck/Grigs are safe..... however, let us continue losing and by November, if we're 2-6 (gulp) I bet the tone changes

JMO, but as a fan I don't understand how someone can watch their team and hope they lose. Losing now does not guaranty success later.

Been a diehard fan for 45 years. Sunday's game ripped my heart out, but I'll still be cheering them on vs Titans. Just enjoy each game on its own. 

Let Irsay and Colts management worry about the long term goals of the team. 

2 hours ago, tfunky14 said:

People who want a team to lose with playing only 6 games into a season are pathetic. Pretty much down right dumb in thinking a professional NFL player is going to give up on the season after playing 6 games. Again only 6 games into a season and to want "your team" to tank for a better draft pick is stupid thinking.

See the trend here.

Also keep in mind these NFL players play for their jobs on a weekly bases. This isn't a normal Joe Smo 9-5 job where you can get away with not performing well for your employer. In the NFL you either play well or your cut.

And don't give me the "nonsense" about the year Peyton was out and the Colts only won 2 games. Even that year the Colts tried to win games till the last game of the season. They just didn't have the talent after Peyton went down.

Players can't get away without performing well? Lol

Hell, coaches and GM's can perform poorly and get 4 yr extensions.

11 hours ago, krunk said:

Speak for yourself. I can question whatever I feel. Hows the team getting better by losing every game? One who routes for the team can not be considered the same as one who doesnt. It's like saying I'm voting for Clinton and then I turn around and say "I hope she loses big!" Which one is it? My point is to say be more consistent with what you say you are. If you're down, then be down. I feel routing against the team is out of line with the true definition of what a fan is.

No actually, your political analysis is wrong. If Clinton loses she loses and that's the end of it. If the Colts lose, they get a better draft pick, and possibly better coaches and a better GM, all of which might set this team up for long term success. Maybe it just takes a certain kind of mind to see the big picture instead of living for the now.

3 hours ago, tfunky14 said:

See the trend here.

Duh, no one on this team is going to tank, it's more of a foregone conclusion that they will suck. They just aren't good enough to win games against average or better NFL squads.

My whole thing is, if we win great. I'm not rooting to lose particularly. But if the rest of the games go like they usually do, either starting very slow or letting teams back in it, not looking prepared, and having to rely on Andrew Luck heroics, then I'm sorry but I think the wins are hollow and only serve to save Pagano and Grigson's job.

I know it probably doesn't sound great to the fans who just wanna win, but I'm not gonna act like watching us having to constantly come back from double digit leads isn't frustrating. That's not how you wanna win week in and week out, which is how it's been for most of Pagano's tenure.

If we start playing like a team who's well coached and prepared, and even pull out some double digit wins against teams that we should be, that's great. That'd be the best thing that could happen.

The only benefit that would MAYBE come if we lost tomorrow is if someone (grigson and/or pagano) gets canned. I'm not really too concerned with where we are placed in the draft, you could bust or score big anywhere in the draft.

You always want your team to win, but if they lost, what I stated above would be the only benefit.

This team is going to lose regardless of what anyone is hoping for so it doesn't matter what someone on the board roots for.

And please stop, no one is a better fan then someone else. If they're at 4-10 in December I'm cheering still, but totally ok with 2 losses to finish out the year.

15 hours ago, BOTT said:

says the guy who takes himself and his fandom way too seriously.

Yes I do take it very seriously.  Most fans do. What's sad is you and I think at least three others are now pulling for the Colt's to lose so you can have a new coach and GM.  We now know for the rest of the year you'll be angry when Luck throws a TD pass or Gore runs for a touchdown or we have a pick six because ,heaven forbid, we win another game and our coach and GM are safe for another week.  If we lose you'll be happy and have a great nights sleep while the rest of us will feel bad for our players, team and coaches and I, for one ,will have a very hard time sleeping that night.  That's me.  I'm old school.  I have never rooted agains the Colts and never will.  And you don't have to believe me.  What I know and everyone else now knows is you will be rooting against the Colts.  I really hope the team wins  and ruins your season. 

10 hours ago, BOTT said:

It's not about draft picks, although that's a nice bonus.  I want the colts to lose because getting rid of Chuck and the Fatman is healthier for the colts long term.  The sooner you cut out the cancer, the better.

Well, I think (my opinion) the flaw in that thinking is that you believe losses equal the firing of Page & Grigs.  It may come to that, OR, Jim may give them another year based on *fill in some arbitrary reason*.  If the *OR* scenario happens I'm good with however many wins I got to see while you're knickers are in a knot because we lost X amount of games and those two are still around.  I think we'd both be dissapointed Page & Grigs are around, though.

Now if Jim said he would definitely make a change if we finished the season below 500, or something like that...I could see possibly having a reason to root for a loss (though I may still root for the wins).  Just my opinion...

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Yes I do take it very seriously.  Most fans do. What's sad is you and I think at least three others are now pulling for the Colt's to lose so you can have a new coach and GM.  We now know for the rest of the year you'll be angry when Luck throws a TD pass or Gore runs for a touchdown or we have a pick six because ,heaven forbid, we win another game and our coach and GM are safe for another week.  If we lose you'll be happy and have a great nights sleep while the rest of us will feel bad for our players, team and coaches and I, for one ,will have a very hard time sleeping that night.  That's me.  I'm old school.  I have never rooted agains the Colts and never will.  And you don't have to believe me.  What I know and everyone else now knows is you will be rooting against the Colts.  I really hope the team wins  and ruins your season. 

Wait, everyone now knows after I told them?  Huh.....

23 hours ago, krunk said:

What team have you seen improve quickly with one little draft?  Every team other than the Colts in this division has been drafting high picks for years and they are still not dominant.  Unless you're saying we aren't that crappy are you?  That must be what you're saying right?

Just to prove you wrong, the Colts improved with one little draft. 2012 they went to the playoffs after getting luck and the #1 pick.. Sooo yes there has been teams to improve just by 1 draft. 

1 minute ago, tweezy32 said:

Just to prove you wrong, the Colts improved with one little draft. 2012 they went to the playoffs after getting luck and the #1 pick.. Sooo yes there has been teams to improve just by 1 draft. 

Oh you really got me there Pal!. The point is you don't need to tank to draft good players. They can be had at many points in the draft if you know how to evaluate properly. If you don't then you can get bad players with high or lower draft picks. Tanking might get you a high draft pick but it doesn't guarantee you a good draft. I'm still trying to see the good players the Browns got out of this years draft. Had a lot of high picks right?

On 10/21/2016 at 6:50 PM, BOTT said:

You wanted the Colts to win coming down the stretch in 2011?  Be honest.......

I wanted the Colts to win in 201. I didn't want them to cut Manning for Luck, but I definitely want them to lose now. It just isn't any fun watching this team. 

On October 21, 2016 at 5:49 PM, csmopar said:

All I know is if we lose sunday, poor Nadine best just take a sledge hammer to the server, this forum will go nuclear 

I don't know about anyone else but my anger reached critical mass last Sunday night. I didn't even post here afterwards to avoid posting something really stupid. That was the kind of loss that causes seasons to spiral.  I now fully realize & accept the level of ineptitude on this team and have come to terms with the fact that the Colts are worse than the 8-8 or 9-7 team that I mistook them for before the start of the regular season.  So I expect a Titans win tomorrow but would be pleasantly surprised yet probably still unimpressed with a Colts win.  This Colts are what they are this season...a bad football team.

On October 21, 2016 at 2:49 PM, csmopar said:

All I know is if we lose sunday, poor Nadine best just take a sledge hammer to the server, this forum will go nuclear 

Not sure if you were around in the early 2000's (2003, 04) the boards use to shutdown after the one and done in the playoffs.

On October 21, 2016 at 5:07 PM, bigt said:

are as overconfident as the local Nashville sports analysts.  Never heard them so giddy.  Guess they have every reason to think its going to be a blowout seeing as most of our average players (which is pretty much the best we have) are organizing a mash unit for this weeks game.

Do you have a quote for this?

Don't remember any exact quotes, it was on Tuesday or Wednesday I was listening.  But, to paint a broad stroke.  The only person they fear is Luck.  They said our offensive line, defense, Pags, and Grisgson are horrible.  Pags and Grigson are nothing compared to how Dungy and Polian were.  They said Dungy wasn't the best coach, but he was a good leader.  Said Polian knew how to draft.  They were talking about how they remembered there were always 5 or 6 guys Titans fans could count on from the Colts to hurt them.  Peyton, Marvin, Wayne, Dallas Clark, Bob Sanders, and Cato June.  Now, they fear no one but Luck.  They also mentioned how Grigson can't seem to find anymore guys like the aforementioned  Where they were kind of laughing is when they were going over the injury report.  Said something like "kind of funny how Colts players start getting injured when they start losing all the time."

I hope Andrew beats them and I get to listen to them whine.  Heck, I may even call in and mock them a little.  How soon they forget how bad their team was and how long they were horrible.

1 hour ago, bigt said:

Don't remember any exact quotes, it was on Tuesday or Wednesday I was listening.  But, to paint a broad stroke.  The only person they fear is Luck.  They said our offensive line, defense, Pags, and Grisgson are horrible.  Pags and Grigson are nothing compared to how Dungy and Polian were.  They said Dungy wasn't the best coach, but he was a good leader.  Said Polian knew how to draft.  They were talking about how they remembered there were always 5 or 6 guys Titans fans could count on from the Colts to hurt them.  Peyton, Marvin, Wayne, Dallas Clark, Bob Sanders, and Cato June.  Now, they fear no one but Luck.  They also mentioned how Grigson can't seem to find anymore guys like the aforementioned  Where they were kind of laughing is when they were going over the injury report.  Said something like "kind of funny how Colts players start getting injured when they start losing all the time."

I hope Andrew beats them and I get to listen to them whine.  Heck, I may even call in and mock them a little.  How soon they forget how bad their team was and how long they were horrible.

For someone who don't remember any exact quotes your sure remember what was said? Who were these people? Callers? Players? Coaches? the GM? the Owner?

If it's talk radio and it was fans who called in it means zero.

You think if somehow the Colts lets say won 2 or 3 games in a row the talk in this forum would be different?

I find it strange that you mentioned those people were talking about Cato June. He is a player that mostly only Colts fans remember. For present Texan fans  bringing his name up really dumbfounds me.