Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select T.J. Green, DB, Clemson

21isSuperman

15 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

If we picked him to play CB then Grigson is an even bigger *. There's better corners available and Rashard Robinson AKA one of the best CB's in this class could be had in the 4th or maybe even the 5th. This kid best be shocker. And by that I mean come in and freaking ball out from week 1 on. I care about us winning NOW. Year by year. I want NOW players. I mean. Bad pick. What a joke of a man Ryan Grigson is.

I'm not surprised this is Grigson were talking about. I was expecting to be letdown again after he passed on Lawson. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

If we picked him to play CB then Grigson is an even bigger *. There's better corners available and Rashard Robinson AKA one of the best CB's in this class could be had in the 4th or maybe even the 5th. This kid best be shocker. And by that I mean come in and freaking ball out from week 1 on. I care about us winning NOW. Year by year. I want NOW players. I mean. Bad pick. What a joke of a man Ryan Grigson is.

Your such a joke man. Why are you even a fan? You do nothing but diss and troll almost everything 

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Mayock had him ranked as a 4th round safety.  Not sure how he'd project him as a corner, but that doesn't bode well.  Of course, analysts can be wrong.

NFL.com has him ranked in the 40s overall and Matt Miller is a huge fan of him.

Decent pick. Not excited over it, but not upset.

Hate this pick.  You don't go after such raw prospects with premium picks.

Bad in coverage and can't tackle but he's big and fast.  I swear Ryan Grigson has such a man crush on speed, he must have gone to the Al Davis school of drafting.

I think we just wasted a 2nd round pick.

We won't be winning a super bowl any time soon.  Luck will keep the colts semi good all by himself and Grigson will keep drafting busts and Irsay won't know the difference because the record will be good.

Honestly at this point I feel that Luck will go down in NFL history as the best QB to never even play in a SB.

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

Good find. Not that it means this was a good pick but still makes me feel a bit better about it.

Made me feel a little better too. I knew we would look for help on the backend. I was looking at Thompson Davis or Simmons to come in at FS. 

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Hate this pick.  You don't go after such raw prospects with premium picks.

Bad in coverage and can't tackle but he's big and fast.  I swear Ryan Grigson has such a man crush on speed, he must have gone to the Al Davis school of drafting.

I think we just wasted a 2nd round pick.

We won't be winning a super bowl any time soon.  Luck will keep the colts semi good all by himself and Grigson will keep drafting busts and Irsay won't know the difference because the record will be good.

Honestly at this point I feel that Luck will go down in NFL history as the best QB to never even play in a SB.

Tad of an overreaction

2 minutes ago, Freeupfreeney said:

Terrible. Terrible. Terrible. I just watched game film on this dude. TERRIBLE coverage skills, scrary run defense. Just terrible. But I only watched 2 games. Anybody here a clemson fan can vouch for this dude, because he looks really bad.

Well, he's only played starting safety for one season. Not trying to defend him, but that gives him an excuse.

A lot of upside.

2 minutes ago, MTC said:

NFL.com has him ranked in the 40s overall and Matt Miller is a huge fan of him.

Decent pick. Not excited over it, but not upset.

Well a rangy safety would sound good. Lets hope Matt is right, Green/Geathers would be pretty solid. I like Adams too, but he's going to slow down sometimes soon, and it very well could be next season. 

Just when I thought the Colts where back on track they go off the rails again. Instead of a quality anybody they wasted the draft pick on TJ Green. Why do I even bother. Fire Ryan Grigson. Anybody reading this (other than persons last named Grigson or Pagano) or I could do better than TJ Green with a high draft pick. Reminds me of the Werner bust same type of mentality. I mean really. WTH!.... Someone tell me I am wrong...please....please...I AM MAD and I am not taking it ANYMORE! WHY! WHY!WHY!

We could have had another starter in the OL in Whitehair.  I was hoping for another starter this round period, like Mewhort.  I think they see him as a corner but we will have to wait to hear what their plans are.  What about Smith?  Grigson says he had to hit this draft out of the park.  I guess we will have to wait and see.  I'm now expecting a RB in the 3rd.

Just now, BlueCollarColts said:

A lot of people like the sound of their own voice...and the look of their own typing.

17 minutes ago, twfish said:

Your such a joke man. Why are you even a fan? You do nothing but diss and troll almost everything 

LMAO. You're the one who's a joke dude. I mean Who are you? Maybe I love my team a little more than you do? You probably don't even get mad if we lose a game. Remember kid. There's a major difference in hardcore true fans and casual fans. And by the way brother. Am I the only one who's upset with this pick????

2 minutes ago, fade said:

Just when I thought the Colts where back on track they go off the rails again. Instead of a quality anybody they wasted the draft pick on TJ Green. Why do I even bother. Fire Ryan Grigson. Anybody reading this (other than persons last named Grigson or Pagano) or I could do better than TJ Green with a high draft pick. Reminds me of the Werner bust same type of mentality. I mean really. WTH!.... Someone tell me I am wrong...please....please...I AM MAD and I am not taking it ANYMORE! WHY! WHY!WHY!

Well I'm guessing Gil Brandt knows more about scouting players than anyone here.   Brandt had him as the 45th ranked player in the draft

38 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

very interesting pick..

....could bust..could be all-pro...very big and fast

a gamble but I like it

Has play maker written all over him I like the pick , adams is 36 can be the vet in back till next yr 

2 minutes ago, fade said:

I'm with you.  Drafted a guy just cause he's big and fast.  Really disturbing that we drafted a db in the 2nd who cant  cover and can't tackle

1 minute ago, BlueCollarColts said:

Because many are upset since they had their hearts set on someone else.  Personally, I think the kids could be our rangy DB we've needed.  Just need some coaching up. 

5 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

3 things are guarantees in this life death, taxes, and COLTS449 overreacting (crying like a baby) to every move ever.

I didn't say 1 bad thing about Kelly. I wasn't really wanting us to draft him at 18, but we filled a MAJOR hole. We finally have a really good Center. This TJ Green pick I just don't like man. I'm just one of those fans who goes wild when we win. Or get mad as hell when we lose or make a bad move in the draft/FA.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/t-j-green-vs-louisville-2015-2/

more terribleness. I mean, I really hope i'm wrong. I do really good at scouting defensive backs. But this guy has zero instincts when it comes to pass defense. Like. wth. I am so mad right now. I'm mad that we traded down in the second with so much first round talents still on the board. If anything we should have traded up.

Just now, BlueCollarColts said:

So did the draft experts who are paid to do this, place him at around the 40's just for %s and giggles then?

Those same draft "experts" thought Trent Richardson was going to be a great RB in the NFL.

As far as I'm concerned there are no experts.  Just some people who managed to get on TV by pretending they understand these things better then you by simply forgetting all of the wrong predictions they have made.

Also the experts where not exactly unanimous in that.  Mayor had him as a 4th rounder.