Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select T.J. Green, DB, Clemson

21isSuperman

31 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

If we picked him to play CB then Grigson is an even bigger *. There's better corners available and Rashard Robinson AKA one of the best CB's in this class could be had in the 4th or maybe even the 5th. This kid best be shocker. And by that I mean come in and freaking ball out from week 1 on. I care about us winning NOW. Year by year. I want NOW players. I mean. Bad pick. What a joke of a man Ryan Grigson is.

I agree another grigs project

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Day 3 pick at best just taken in the 2nd round to me. I was good with the first pick but I think this one was quite honestly a pick that could have been had later on. He has very little production. Was quite awful last year in coverage. I love the height and speed without a doubt but that's it. I would have went Byard at S........I will say I like Greens ability to blitz out of the slot and Return ability

5 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I didn't say 1 bad thing about Kelly. I wasn't really wanting us to draft him at 18, but we filled a MAJOR hole. We finally have a really good Center. This TJ Green pick I just don't like man. I'm just one of those fans who goes wild when we win. Or get mad as hell when we lose or make a bad move in the draft/FA.

So let me get this straight. You're calling our center, who hasn't played a down yet in the NFL, really good but our DB we just drafted, who also hasn't played a down yet in the NFL, is a bad move. I understand about being a realist, we could have done better than Green, but at the same time maybe not.

No one knows how these picks are going to pan out. So I'll wait until the season begins to make proper judgement

4 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I didn't say 1 bad thing about Kelly. I wasn't really wanting us to draft him at 18, but we filled a MAJOR hole. We finally have a really good Center. This TJ Green pick I just don't like man. I'm just one of those fans who goes wild when we win. Or get mad as hell when we lose or make a bad move in the draft/FA.

You've never watched one minute of him playing.     

2nd ranked FS on cbssports board, 51 overall ranked prospect. Personally, I don`t mind the pick. The Edge class is weak IMO. I like the fact Grigs traded down and look for some small school Edge guys on the radar. (Holmes, Judon and Ochi) The Colts can`t address everything in one draft. Don`t panic. 

19 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I don't mean comparisons. I mean as in come in and be a beast from day 1 like Darby did. People didn't really expect Darby to play that well.

I really liked Darby last yr got in to it with a few on the board about him. I've seen some good things said about Green. I like the guy who writes on behind the steel curtain. He had Green going the top of the 2nd.

I will say he wasn't someone I was looking at. The 3 FS I liked were Simmons Davis and Thompson. I was pretty sure we'd take a FS. Pagano is supposed to be the DB guru. We worked out a lot of them. I'm going to trust him on this one. 

13 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Those same draft "experts" thought Trent Richardson was going to be a great RB in the NFL.

As far as I'm concerned there are no experts.  Just some people who managed to get on TV by pretending they understand these things better then you by simply forgetting all of the wrong predictions they have made.

Also the experts where not exactly unanimous in that.  Mayor had him as a 4th rounder.

I'm not sure any NFL guys are experts when it comes to drafting.

45 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Grigson's gonna keep worrying about the future so much he'll find himself sitting on his butt at home. Ain't nobody worried about 5 years from now until that time comes. Year by year. All in every year. WIN NOW!!!!!!

If you want everything NOW, you should pick potatoe right after you plant it.

23 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Those same draft "experts" thought Trent Richardson was going to be a great RB in the NFL.

As far as I'm concerned there are no experts.  Just some people who managed to get on TV by pretending they understand these things better then you by simply forgetting all of the wrong predictions they have made.

Also the experts where not exactly unanimous in that.  Mayor had him as a 4th rounder.

Mayock didn't have him as a 4th rounder.    He had he 73 overall

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000655903/article/mike-mayocks-2016-nfl-draft-top-100-prospect-rankings

Indianapolis Colts: T.J. Green, S, Clemson A- Grade
The Colts moved down and obtained a prospect who could've been chosen a bit earlier than this selection. I like it. T.J. Green is highly athletic, and it's possible that he might be able to play cornerback in the NFL. If not, he can settle in at safety, which was also a huge need for the Colts entering this weekend

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades2.php

Just now, Manning1887 said:

Hopefully Trent Cole, Robert Mathis, and Erik Walden will find the fountain of youth. Otherwise not sure how we plan on rushing the passer

Why reach if they feel the talent isn`t there? Can`t fix everything in one draft.

4 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Why reach if they feel the talent isn`t there? Can`t fix everything in one draft.

I agree that we should not reach, but we could be hurting when it comes to rushing the passer next year. 

I hope Fackrell lasts until our 4th round pick, but we are likely looking at a developmental OLB. 

Just now, Manning1887 said:

I agree that we should not reach, but we could be hurting when it comes to rushing the passer next year. 

I hope Fackrell lasts until our 4th round pick, but we are likely looking at a developmental OLB. 

Fackrell is far from polished.    These guys slid this far for a reason

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Fackrell is far from polished.    These guys slid this far for a reason

True, he ran his 40 in the 4.7 range which is not outstanding. Fackrell is a versatile linebacker, he can play inside and outside. He can rush the passer, but he is looking at being roughly 2 years removed from an ACL injury. 

I haven't read through any responses to see how many are complaining but I'm growing on the pick.

Watched him against Alabama and he played deep so much that it was hard to see run stopping ability but it's obvious he has coverage potential. He also at least shows the willingness to stop the run but is a shoddy tackler.

28 minutes ago, MPStack said:

My thoughts exactly.

I don't think the Colts pass rush will be as bad this year as some might think. Still have Mathis and some promising talent on the defensive line.

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2635020-tj-green-nfl-draft-2016-scouting-report-grade-for-colts-rookie

"The national championship game highlighted an issue that shows up every week for Green—he’s a bad tackler. With 13 missed tackles in 2015, Green ranks as one of the worst tackling safeties in the country. And it’s not a physical issue, but a want-to issue. "

Yeah that's interesting because I don't think he missed any tackles in the championship game. He had a handful of solid stops, including turning Henry back at the goal line. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2635020-tj-green-nfl-draft-2016-scouting-report-grade-for-colts-rookie

Cris simms gave this pick an A+.

A lot of people don't like BR, but they say he's as much an athletic freak a Jalen Ramsey,..he just needs to work on his tackling.

And don't forget, he was a WR and then switched for a year. so yes, he is still in development.  he'll sit behind Adams for a year, and learn from pagano and Adams.  But this guys athleticism does not grow on tree's.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Colts needed another safety if for no reason other than depth. Mike Adams probably has another year or two at the most.  With Green and Geathers they probably have their safeties of the future.  The fact Green might be able to give you a little more depth at CB in a pench is an added bonus.  Very good pick IMO.

12 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Cris simms gave this pick an A+.

A lot of people don't like BR, but they say he's as much an athletic freak a Jalen Ramsey,..he just needs to work on his tackling.

And don't forget, he was a WR and then switched for a year. so yes, he is still in development.  he'll sit behind Adams for a year, and learn from pagano and Adams.  But this guys athleticism does not grow on tree's.

His tackling is not his biggest problem. He ranks 120th out of 120 ranked safeties in coverage in this year's draft. Yes. You read that correct - DEAD LAST out of 120!!!

1 minute ago, stitches said:

His tackling is not his biggest problem. He ranks 120th out of 120 ranked safeties in coverage in this year's draft. Yes. You read that correct - DEAD LAST out of 120!!!

what would you expect being he was a WR his first 3 years then moved to S last year?...like i said development.  Pagano can teach him for a year.

1 minute ago, Lawrence Owen said:

what would you expect being he was a WR his first 3 years then moved to S last year?...like i said development.  Pagano can teach him for a year.

I would expect we do not draft him in the 2nd?