Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is it time to invest in a new RB?

UKColt13

First of all apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Is it time to invest in a new RB early in the first 3 rounds of the draft?

Andrew cant keep putting us on his shoulders, we have to find a run game to take the pressure off of him. And that wont happen with Trent (Im now resigned to that fact), Boom (promising, but has fumble issues and very hot/cold) and a banged up Bradshaw (need I say more?).

I know its a passing league and it is something of a taboo to talk of taking an RB early, but please, LeVeon Bell (Steelers now a playoff team), Eddie Lacy (Pack now a legit contender), Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard (Taking the strain off of Dalton and, excuse the pun, 'carrying' the bengals offense). Why not us?

I was screaming for us to pick up Darren Sproles last offseason. Everyone said 'no, lets roll with what we have'.

Personally I like Ameer Abullah.

Hits the hole fast, good in space. Would be a nice 1 in a 1/2 punch with a power back. Could be around in the 2nd or 3rd.

Only concern is he may have the same problem Trent had with being used to having a dominant front line.

But him, Gordon, Coleman, the kid from Miami (his name escapes me) are all on my list to watch out for.

I'll be looking (with a large amount of desperation) for a RB in the first 3 rounds.

I never want to see a team consistently drop 8 guys into coverage on us again.

Sorry to rant, but, yeah.

Boom was greeted five yards deep in the backfield yesterday. A new RB is the least of our problems.

Get a decent G and C that can play more than one week together, get Cherilus back, and most importantly, get an Oline coach who knows how to ...coach. RBs are plentiful.

Abdullah is a bust waiting to happen. Got locked down against Michigan St.

He's only good against those scrub teams

I don't think so.  I think he may end up being more of RBBC/Ahmad Bradshaw type of guy.

I've seen him run all over Georgia in a bowl game on top of all his recent stuff.  Michigan

State is no slouch on defense. Plus Nebraskas quarterback sucks so it's easy to stack the

box on the guy.

That would be like putting the cart in front of the horse. The OLine needs to be a priority. Sick and tired of Luck getting mauled out there. Griggs has failed big time in this area. Their mantra of wanting to be able to run the ball has become a joke. Griggs, Pags, and Pep should all have a very, very short leash going forward.

If I was Irsay, I would let them know it too. Just winning the weak sisters of the AFC south is not enough anymore.

First of all apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Is it time to invest in a new RB early in the first 3 rounds of the draft?

Andrew cant keep putting us on his shoulders, we have to find a run game to take the pressure off of him. And that wont happen with Trent (Im now resigned to that fact), Boom (promising, but has fumble issues and very hot/cold) and a banged up Bradshaw (need I say more?).

I know its a passing league and it is something of a taboo to talk of taking an RB early, but please, LeVeon Bell (Steelers now a playoff team), Eddie Lacy (Pack now a legit contender), Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard (Taking the strain off of Dalton and, excuse the pun, 'carrying' the bengals offense). Why not us?

I was screaming for us to pick up Darren Sproles last offseason. Everyone said 'no, lets roll with what we have'.

Personally I like Ameer Abullah.

Hits the hole fast, good in space. Would be a nice 1 in a 1/2 punch with a power back. Could be around in the 2nd or 3rd.

Only concern is he may have the same problem Trent had with being used to having a dominant front line.

But him, Gordon, Coleman, the kid from Miami (his name escapes me) are all on my list to watch out for.

I'll be looking (with a large amount of desperation) for a RB in the first 3 rounds.

I never want to see a team consistently drop 8 guys into coverage on us again.

Sorry to rant, but, yeah.

Do we still have our 2015 1st ? We could find a team that doesn't like their RB and trade it to them . 

YES!  I absolutely believe that we should draft a top RB or TWO in the 1st 3 rounds. It gives us an instant running game.

A RB who must be respected by opposing defenses would allow the entire offense to function properly and keep our D off the field so much more.  It gives us a more balanced attack.

I hate drafting defense with our top picks and waiting years and years for a minimal return.

Stop wasting valuable resources on a dime-a-dozen position. The run game will improve when the offensive line does. Something is broken somewhere in our system. Be it our scouting, our developing of players, or maybe just our scheme -- but something IS broken. It's not like we haven't been trying to address the line ever since Grigson has been here