Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Bears post game thread

GoColts8818

I will say, we need to see more JT in the run AND passing game.  Get him in space.  He’s our best offensive player by a good bit.  He’s our X-Factor.  It’s so weird, we didn’t mind running zack moss into the ground last year but this year with JT has almost been the total opposite.

Just now, smittywerb said:

I will say, we need to see more JT in the run AND passing game.  Get him in space.  He’s our best offensive player by a good bit.  He’s our X-Factor.  It’s so weird, we didn’t mind running zack moss into the ground last year but this year with JT has almost been the total opposite.

They didn't mind running Moss because they knew JT was coming back... It's too early in the season to abuse your x-factor. It's definitely a delicate balance this early on. I think we'll see more of him in the next few weeks and hopefully have a peak JT come midseason that is ready for a major work load. 

9 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

The whole point of drafting a running QB is to use them to run!! They are trying to turn him into a pocket QB....If he gets hurt he gets hurt..

Stick to your madden franchise

29 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Steichen’s halftime comment that AR’s brutal interception in the end zone was his fault because of the play call was a terrible look. It’s OK to say AR made a bad decision. He’s a man, the face of the franchise — I’d hope he can take some criticism. If the Colts baby AR like this behind the scenes, it’s a concern. 

A "terrible look"? What a silly overaction.   It's called coach speak and nearly 99% of coaches do it.  

• Like 3

We are lucky to win this game 90% of the time if your QB is 50% completion rate with 2 int and 0 tds. You don’t win, right now AR5 is holding this offense back. He has to improve for us to make the playoffs. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

They didn't mind running Moss because they knew JT was coming back... It's too early in the season to abuse your x-factor. It's definitely a delicate balance this early on. I think we'll see more of him in the next few weeks and hopefully have a peak JT come midseason that is ready for a major work load. 

If that’s the game plan and it works out that way then fine.  But if we’re dropping games because we’re trying to force our “rookie” qb into making difficult throws constantly, then we have to adjust.  Tbh, JT gets paid to do what we need him to do.  The number one goal this year is ARs development.  Nothing else.

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

We are lucky to win this game 90% of the time if your QB is 50% completion rate with 2 int and 0 tds. You don’t win, right now AR5 is holding this offense back. He has to improve for us to make the playoffs. 

Except AR has legs so that completion doesn’t kill a QB as bad as it might others. 

• Like 1

Lucky win that was more a product of Bears incompetence than the Colts playing amazingly well.

AR needs to be better. Even if we consider him to be a rookie he has to be better. Those sailed balls are piling up and beginning to look like a persistent issue. This needs to be addressed. I've heard people say it's hard to work on mechanics and fundamentals during the season, but AR needs to fix this and I don't want to hear "he will be working on it during the off-season". Sure, let him work on it in the off-season, but if he needs extra individual work with the QB coaches, he needs to be staying after practice for as long as it's allowed by the league and try to fix some of those issues. It's doubly annoying because you can see he actually makes the right reads for the most part... but he just sails the ball for some reason. I really hope the coaching staff is working on this every week and not waiting for the off-season... 

Steichen needs to be better. This offense was supposed to be fun one that created conflicts for defenders and respectively wide open lanes for either AR or JT to run into... and instead what do we get? We get the same old tired smash up the middle like we were watching Reich... Last year I praised him for taking every little opportunity he can find to give his team an edge... this year I feel like he's missing some obvious stuff. The commentator for example mentioned how we practically gifted the Bears a free time out because Gould decided to not return the kick(no time expired at 2:01... 1 second away from the 2 minute TO). This is elementary stuff... He needs to be on top of it. Also... SO MANY PENALTIES! 

The fans - disappointed by the number of Bears fans on the stadium. What is that? Do Indy fans have no pride in defending their field against a regional foe? How does that even happen? They sold their tickets to randoms on the internet? 

Props to JT... showed why he's paid the big bucks in this game. Lets hope we see this more often. 

Finally - the defense... I'd like to give big props to a unit that has been much maligned(deservedly so) in the first two weeks. If there was somewhere we won the game, it was on defense. Great performance by numerous players. I thought the pass-rush was solid, I thought we defended the run much better this time... I thought the secondary held up much better too. I still have huge problems with the way Gus seems to be coaching those players, but you cannot deny that they played their * off and they kept us in the game for most of it. Jaylon Jones, Latu, Kenny... hell even Cross did well I thought despite being matched multiple times on Odunze(who IMO is an great WR prospect).

Anything else I'm missing? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Texans play jags and bills next two games. If they can find a way to beat Steelers they are right back in this division most likely.

Texans just played probably the best defense in the NFL, Brian Flores is a amazing coach. They will win against the jags, they are clearly the best team on this division and its probably gonna be easier than we all thought for Houston to win it. For sure does not look like we're in it this year.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, twfish said:

Glad they tightened up in the run game. Bradley should still be fired.

We stopped the run, but gave up almost 400 yards passing. Luckily they turned it over to us on short fields a few times!

Also glad we ran the ball today, it's definitely our biggest strength!

Still wanna fire Ballard and Gus, though ... 😂 

49 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Too many dumb penalties. AR doesn’t know when to unleash his cannon and when to apply touch on his throws. JT definitely looks slippery and quick. Latu strip was fun. This was a big W to keep our hope alive. No reason we can’t beat the Steelers next week and we’re 2-2 and the season gets interesting. Go Colts! 

Can't  turn over football  and beat steelers

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Gotta love our "fans" that are just as disappointed with a win as they are after a loss. 

Really is. We win and we're lucky of course. I think I'm passing on the game threads from now on. Some seemed sad when there wasn't an int from AR it seemed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jemack said:

AR's throwing fundamentals are shot.

I honestly don't know how they can fix this. He reminds me of Jeff George with speed.

Taylor, the online, and the defense saved this game.

I grow more impressed with Pierce. Today he demonstrated great down field blocking. He's a hustler.

Jeff George is an interesting comparison but AR reminds me alot more of Michael Vick.

Vick struggled with short and intermediate accuracy his entire career but could throw a beautiful accurate 60 yard bomb and run the heck out of the ball.

Vick resurrected the Falcon franchise and I wonder if AR is on the same path.

Vick put the Falcons on his back and took them to multiple playoff wins with deep bombs and running the ball. The Falcons GB playoff win (on the road) comes to mind and that was when GB had Brett Farve.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, dw49 said:

You want to trade AR after his 7th game ?  I'd say the odds are like 1 in 500 that happens this year. 

Who would be dumb enough to trade for him? You would have to give two second round picks to get rid of him. He should go back to Florida and play a few more years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

Texans just played probably the best defense in the NFL, Brian Flores is an amazing coach. They will win against the jags, they are clearly the best team on this division and its probably gonna be easier than we all thought for Houston to win it. For sure does not look like we're in it this year.

They still made stroud look like a rookie. They didn’t show up. All k was saying is Texans have two very tough games ahead.

54 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Not happy we allow Caleb Williams to look competent. We should've had this game all along. Great running the ball but throwing isn't impressive..

Now we somehow gotta figure out whatever wizardry the Steelers have going for them..

They have a better team.

23 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I think we'll start seeing it more. Feels like they are pushing him to sit back and throw to really evaluate and try to develop. If the plan was to do that early, try and get a few clean games under his belt and then really start honing in on a gameplan to highlight what his strengths are, then I'm ok with this start. If they don't start making adjustments with that and we keep trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, then I have a real problem with the entire picture. We're 1-2 and in ok position as a team. It's time to start playing to the strengths of the qb and create a team identity for this season, regardless of what the ultimate longterm goal is for the franchise. 

Should be 3-0

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They still made stroud look like a rookie. They didn’t show up. All k was saying is Texans have two very tough games ahead.

Yes, maybe the schedule will get this division some fun :)

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

I'm not sold on AR. I trash wasn't a fan of the pick. I'm still in the camp we should trade him. If teams are calling about Young then AR would surely easily get moved. Accuracy IS needed in this league and you just can't teach that.

-Peace

Tell that to Josh Allen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Let’s not also forget Richardson could barely work on mechanics in the off season because of his surgery. That is the stuff you work on when before the spring practices.

you want to come up with any more reasons why Richardson sucks?

15 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

We stopped the run, but gave up almost 400 yards passing. Luckily they turned it over to us on short fields a few times!

Also glad we ran the ball today, it's definitely our biggest strength!

Still wanna fire Ballard and Gus, though ... 😂 

I think it's overblown. Our O can't put together any drives so the other team gets more cracks at scoring. I think the pass yards against the D will go down when this O possess the ball a bit more.

• Like 2

AR was bad, but I don't think Shane is doing a great job either to accentuate his talents. He only started calling more QB runs and screens in the Q4 and we started to see more offense. Shane got too cute on that goal line INT and again for the second week had a play drawn up where Taylor can to make a catch in the flat. But AR has to be better. I sort of sense that the coaching staff are learning as we go here through the season.

Anyway in better news, the oline and Taylor have been playing well. I think we need to stick what were good at, at this moment.

Defense was better obviously against the run, even if the Bears were putrid. Davis was good, as was the secondary. Blackmon and Cross are a good safety duo, they put themselves about. Jaylon Jones is coming on, I like his attitude.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Tell that to Josh Allen

I don't know what this even means. Allen is waaay more accurate than AR. Again, I like AR, I'm just saying that he is not going to be what this team needs based on what I've seen so far

13 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Bored Christopher Walken GIF

Well like 60% of them also sold thier tickets to Bears fans this week. It was a nice unexpected road game for the boys. 

Our fans have always been kind of lame. 

21 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

Texans just played probably the best defense in the NFL, Brian Flores is a amazing coach. They will win against the jags, they are clearly the best team on this division and its probably gonna be easier than we all thought for Houston to win it. For sure does not look like we're in it this year.

You should go put your entire life savings on it.