Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard should stop chasing Sneed

Ballard should do what he thinks is best for the team.  He can walk and chew gum at the same time.  If he needs a backup plan go Sneed I am sure he has something in mind.  Just because we don’t know what it is doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

I just heard the Colts got Sneed....  Interested to know how much we will be paying him. Remember Rivers and Ryan are QB and they got 25 million per year. We also gave up a 3rd pick this year.

Source?

28 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Are you really going to try and compare the highest paid nickel at $10 mill with a corner at $22m?!?   Goodness gracious.   

Is there nothing that could surface that would make you say that’s too much, or is the sky the limit? 

Goodness gracious.  Your comment was Ballard has never made a player the highest paid at his position even Buckner.  You were wrong.  You didn’t qualify your statement by using a dollar figure.  Your statement was all inclusive.  Goodness gracious.   lol.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, w87r said:

Guess this is as good a place as any. Colts Chiefs Sneed related.

Not sure how reassuring that is to some of you, but continuity is important.

I would say you’d have to have the right guys. Continuity for the sake of continuity is not how you win in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, AustexColt said:

Stop chasing Sneed for two key reasons:  1- He wants to  get 23 milliion average over 4 years, highest paid safety, KC wants high draft compensation. Not worth it.  2- He has knee issues and will be injury prone on our turf. 

Let KC stew on trying to pay his 19.6 million exclusive franchise tag, while covering their existing plans for LT, etc... Even with Mahomes restructuring and freeing up 21.6 million they are still in a bind. 

Like the Titans, I would use the money for a veteran WR, TE or another safety. Unfortunately Nick Cross and Thomas or Blackmon are the answers for Gus's scheme.

Maybe he has..:

26 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Goodness gracious.  Your comment was Ballard has never made a player the highest paid at his position even Buckner.  You were wrong.  You didn’t qualify your statement by using a dollar figure.  Your statement was all inclusive.  Goodness gracious.   lol.

He made Matt Gay the 2nd highest behind the GOAT Tucker.  I believe Leonard was the highest paid LB. JT is 3rd highest rb. There is a history of paying to dollar from Ballard. I’m with you, it is t a stretch to go 23m for the top CB. It’s all if Ballard sees his value at that. Time will tell. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

I just heard the Colts got Sneed....  Interested to know how much we will be paying him. Remember Rivers and Ryan are QB and they got 25 million per year. We also gave up a 3rd pick this year.

Yeah not finding a thing

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AustexColt said:

Stop chasing Sneed for two key reasons:  1- He wants to  get 23 milliion average over 4 years, highest paid safety, KC wants high draft compensation. Not worth it.  2- He has knee issues and will be injury prone on our turf. 

Let KC stew on trying to pay his 19.6 million exclusive franchise tag, while covering their existing plans for LT, etc... Even with Mahomes restructuring and freeing up 21.6 million they are still in a bind. 

Like the Titans, I would use the money for a veteran WR, TE or another safety. Unfortunately Nick Cross and Thomas or Blackmon are the answers for Gus's scheme.

59 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

This series of posts are wild…

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I was acknowledging I was wrong.   That’s why I followed by asking is there nothing that could happen that would make you say too much, or is the sky the limit?   You didn’t answer that.   

35 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I was acknowledging I was wrong.   That’s why I followed by asking is there nothing that could happen that would make you say too much, or is the sky the limit?   You didn’t answer that.   

No you didn’t.  What does that that question have to do with making a player the highest paid at their position?  Nothing.  Oh by the way I will leave the too much decision up to Ballard.  I won’t say making a player the highest paid at his position is too much.  If he thinks it’s too much he won’t pay it.  He’s done an excellent job with the cap and I expect it to continue.  Our opinions don’t matter.  Trying to say Ballard won’t do it when he already has proves it’s not a red line for him.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

No you didn’t.  What does that that question have to do with making a player the highest paid at their position?  Nothing.  Oh by the way I will leave the too much decision up to Ballard.  I won’t say making a player the highest paid at his position is too much.  If he thinks it’s too much he won’t pay it.  He’s done an excellent job with the cap and I expect it to continue.  Our opinions don’t matter.  Trying to say Ballard won’t do it when he already has proves it’s not a red line for him.  

Fine.   If you weren’t satisfied with my apology….   

I’m sorry.  I was wrong.   You were correct about Moore.   I intended to apologize in my previous post and didn’t do a good enough job.   I hope this straightens things between us….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Scott Pennock said:

And if the front office pulls out of this potential trade then all of the naysayers that complain about Ballard not trying to get premier players onto the roster will whine even more.

Double edged sword…..

And if he gets it done some will complain about what was given up for him or what his new contract costs.  Some fans wants a team of 53 all pros playing on vet minimum contracts and if that’s not delivered the GM doesn’t know what he’s doing.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

And if he gets it done some will complain about what was given up for him or what his new contract costs.  Some fans wants a team of 53 all pros playing on vet minimum contracts and if that’s not delivered the GM doesn’t know what he’s doing.  

No lies detected Sir…..lol

19 hours ago, AustexColt said:

This "report" is as valid as any other "report".... Where is the real evidence that the Colts are pursuing Sneed? 

And we still stand here with no real improvements to the team outside of maybe backup QB and adding a backup NT. Ballard is starting to sour on me when I’ve backed him numerous years before. You’ve gotta improve the team through some free agency moves when you have a QB on a rookie deal. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

And we still stand here with no real improvements to the team outside of maybe backup QB and adding a backup NT. Ballard is starting to sour on me when I’ve backed him numerous years before. You’ve gotta improve the team through some free agency moves when you have a QB on a rookie deal. 

The Sneed situation is simply an example of an agent and player using another team to get more $$ out of the current organization.  I don’t for a minute believe he has any intention of moving from KC.

On.to.the.draft.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

And if they do have all 53players on vet minimum and the don't win a SB then they will want the GM fired. 

I feel like this entire situation pretty much sums up a lot of the reaction to the Colts every single year. The media makes a bunch of nonsense up because they need you to pay attention to them or they are gonna have to go get a real job and actually be productive citizens, and the fans get mad when the Colts actions dont match the rumors. 

Turns out Ballard wasnt chasing Sneed at all. Im a little dissapointed because I thought we could have a really good secondary with him coming in. But Ill get over it. 

24 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

😂 most hilarious non story ever... How did this start?!

I'm never gonna believe we make a huge FA signing... Unless it's a kicker 🤣

Same. We never have under Ballard. He doesn’t seem to want to take advantage of a young promising QB on a rookie deal by getting help around him in FA. I think he should very much be on the hot seat and even moved on from if they don’t make the playoffs next season. 

On 3/17/2024 at 2:37 PM, AustexColt said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/espn-adam-schefter-colts-chiefs-123435433.html

Sheffty claims talks between the Colts and Chiefs never happened....

49 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Same. We never have under Ballard. He doesn’t seem to want to take advantage of a young promising QB on a rookie deal by getting help around him in FA. I think he should very much be on the hot seat and even moved on from if they don’t make the playoffs next season. 

I am a Ballard supporter, but if we arnt in the divisional round of the playoffs this year then its time for him to go.