Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard should stop chasing Sneed

Stop chasing Sneed for two key reasons:  1- He wants to  get 23 milliion average over 4 years, highest paid safety, KC wants high draft compensation. Not worth it.  2- He has knee issues and will be injury prone on our turf. 

Let KC stew on trying to pay his 19.6 million exclusive franchise tag, while covering their existing plans for LT, etc... Even with Mahomes restructuring and freeing up 21.6 million they are still in a bind. 

Like the Titans, I would use the money for a veteran WR, TE or another safety. Unfortunately Nick Cross and Thomas or Blackmon are the answers for Gus's scheme.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I think the media is making it seem like a lot is happening when it isnt.  

Team made an offer, didnt work out and they moved on.

If we moved on, we would of moved on by signing someone else.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I think the media is making it seem like a lot is happening when it isnt.  

Team made an offer, didnt work out and they moved on.

We will know they moved on when you see other moves being made.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

If we moved on, we would of moved on by signing someone else.

That can happen but it wont be instant.

You guys are doing minute by minute updates on this and it will take longer than that to make another move.  Its now sunday too

The thing is, no one really knows how much we have actually pursued Sneed

If we get him, GREAT If not, thats fine too

IMHO, in this FA and draft season, we need to get better at FS, DE, WR, zone CB, and maybe TE

There are some excellent zone CBs in this draft, if we dont get Sneed, or another FA

I really think we need a vet FS (like Simmons) 

We need a vocal leader of the dbs.........

It will be an interesting few weeks, and there will always be FAs in camp to round out holes in the roster

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AustexColt said:

Stop chasing Sneed for two key reasons:  1- He wants to  get 23 milliion average over 4 years, highest paid safety, KC wants high draft compensation. Not worth it.  2- He has knee issues and will be injury prone on our turf

Let KC stew on trying to pay his 19.6 million exclusive franchise tag, while covering their existing plans for LT, etc... Even with Mahomes restructuring and freeing up 21.6 million they are still in a bind. 

Like the Titans, I would use the money for a veteran WR, TE or another safety. Unfortunately Nick Cross and Thomas or Blackmon are the answers for Gus's scheme.

If memory serves, “our turf” is, finally, being changed out this year for the best artificial turf available.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What’s it tell you if he hasn’t moved on. It probably means Sneed will be a Colt.

What it at least tells me is the Sneed talk is real.

It has literally put everything else on hold right now.

11 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

That can happen but it wont be instant.

You guys are doing minute by minute updates on this and it will take longer than that to make another move.  Its now sunday too

Colts have already had discussion with their next targets (not even necessarily talking about CBs), they have told other players the are interested in a deal but need to see how Sneed plays out first.

What does Sunday have to do with anything?

That's the NFLs day. NFL GMs rarely take days off 

Just now, w87r said:

they have told other players the are interested in a deal but need to see how Sneed plays out first.

What happened with Sneed is the team made an offer and he wanted more.  This doesnt mean they will negotiate with him forever until something gets done.  They made an offer...

Sunday does matter too, players and gms take breaks from this stuff.  Id be surprised if anything breaks on this today.  

3 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

lol ok.   now watch as action is slow around the league today

Already been 2 signings this morning 

Free agency as a whole is about to slow up.

39 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

If memory serves, “our turf” is, finally, being changed out this year for the best artificial turf available.

That's correct.  They're supposed to do it this month and be done by July

Hellas Matrix Turf.  

"The new turf being installed at Lucas Oil Stadium has been put in at So-Fi Stadium, AT&T Stadium and NRG Stadium — the homes of the Los Angeles Rams and Chargers, Dallas Cowboys and Houston Texas, respectively. The Indiana Business Journal also reported that Lucas Oil Stadium’s current turf is slit-film synthetic and the new Matrix turf will be a monofilament-type surface."

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Thats not a lot, i bet theres more action tomorrow than today

Cool story.

If the deal doesn't go through today(might not ever), it won't be because it's Sunday.

NFL business does not stop because it's Sunday.  

25 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Does Indiana still have the law where contracts can't be signed on Sunday?

Dealers can't buy or sell vehicles, unless they get a special event permit from the state, on Sundays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What’s it tell you if he hasn’t moved on. It probably means Sneed will be a Colt.

So is he gonna wait to make it official until all the decent FAs have been signed? This is ridiculous how long it’s taking and it’s taking his time away from bringing in other FA talent. 

22 minutes ago, w87r said:

If the deal doesn't go through today(might not ever), it won't be because it's Sunday.

I just said its now sunday, implying that might slow things down.  Now watch as today is slower than tomorrow because its sunday.  

I never said no one would sign anywhere today.  you extracted more from my "its now sunday" post than I ever said.

7 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I just said its now sunday, implying that might slow things down.  Now watch as today is slower than tomorrow because its sunday.  

I never said no no would sign anywhere today.

If some GM takes off today, they may lose the ones that get picked up today. It stands to reason that The day being Sunday doesn't matter. 

After 40+ signings on March 14, only 13 and 11 got signed the next 2 days. Free Agency frenzy was over, and it has slowed down already.

There won't be much difference from here onwards from day to day, available free agents will get signed as teams try to reevaluate, reallocate resources and continue to engage in talks and sign those free agents they may need or when the deals work out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

If some GM takes off today, they may lose the ones that get picked up today. It stands to reason that The day being Sunday doesn't matter. 

After 40+ signings on March 14, only 13 and 11 got signed the next 2 days. Free Agency frenzy was over, and it has slowed down already.

There won't be much difference from here onwards from day to day, available free agents will get signed as teams try to reevaluate, reallocate resources and continue to engage in talks and sign those free agents they may need or when the deals work out. 

Exactly, on all aspects.

If a GM takes Sunday off he may miss the boat? Hell maybe Ballard does sit out Sunday's, seems to of been a lot of ships sail.

Anyway, I don't think that is the case, just clowning a little bit, but yeah, GMs are not taking Sundays off, especially the first one of the new season.

And yep, FA is about to slow up substantially, also as you stated, already has.

4 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

If some GM takes off today, they may lose the ones that get picked up today

The players, gm and contract staff can all take breaks from this

What happened is the team made an offer and he wanted more.  They may not make another offer today. 

Some of you need to take a break tbh lol.  WR87 is on the edge of their seat looking for minute by minute updates when there isnt going to be that much real news.

36 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

That's correct.  They're supposed to do it this month and be done by July

Hellas Matrix Turf.  

"The new turf being installed at Lucas Oil Stadium has been put in at So-Fi Stadium, AT&T Stadium and NRG Stadium — the homes of the Los Angeles Rams and Chargers, Dallas Cowboys and Houston Texas, respectively. The Indiana Business Journal also reported that Lucas Oil Stadium’s current turf is slit-film synthetic and the new Matrix turf will be a monofilament-type surface."

Thanks!   And please keep this post on standby.   I think we will need to see over the next weeks and months again and again and again!!     :colts:

• Like 1

Just now, BlackTiger said:

What happened is the team made an offer and he wanted more.  They may not make another offer today. 

Some of you need to take a break tbh lol.  WR87 is on the edge of their seat looking for minute by minute updates when there isnt going to be that much real news.

Don't tell me or other posters we need to take a break. Take a break from reading it if you don't like it. Edge of my seat? I'm just chilling, kicked back in my recliner.

The NFL off-season is almost as important/ exciting to me as the regular season though.

If I want to be around looking for information I will, and I will continue to communicate with my fellow Colts fans while doing it, and talking about other additional moves while waiting. I'm not alone in wanting to find out information as it becomes available. That's why this thread consistently has so many people in it, well not this thread, the Colts FA news thread.

Now if I could get back to enjoying my Sunday that would be nice. As I'm kind of taking it off myself, unlike the NFL world.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

As I'm kind of taking it off myself, unlike the NFL world.

Watch as there is more action tomorrow than there is today.  

You will try to spin rather than just admit i was right, its not that deep though.  All I said was "its now sunday". I never said they would definitely take the day off 100%

It may be a little slower.  If you consider every tweet thats posted significant then you might not agree that its slow.  Lets see what real news happens

1 minute ago, w87r said:

...The NFL off-season is almost as important/ exciting to me as the regular season though.

This is me. I kinda prefer the strategy of team building more than the games themselves.

Of course I watch them all and enjoy watching them; but I pay special attention to the intricacies of the NFL as an organization (specifically, the Colts) far more than the action. Maybe its just me applying the lessons from my MBA for good instead of evil. 

I take pleasure in understanding the personnel moves, why the moves were made, the consequences of moves that were missed, and how those moves will impact the product on Sundays. It is truly what makes the NFL the most fascinating sports franchise of them all.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Michael Jackson Popcorn GIF

tell us more about exactly what happened… considering those that cover the colts for a living don’t even know. Are you in the building? Can you pass a message off for us? 

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

tell us more about exactly what happened

Not much more to tell you.  We made an offer and he wanted more so it didnt go through.

Thats it, its not an endless talk until they make a deal.  There could be another offer later.

Couldn’t believe it when I saw this thread.  He’s a corner by the way and they are not giving away high draft compensation.   $23m is not outrageous for a top five corner in the league.  He’s a difference maker.  Do we want to try and get better or not?  I say keep trying Ballard.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Watch as there is more action tomorrow than there is today.  

You will try to spin rather than just admit i was right, its not that deep though.  All I said was "its now sunday". I never said they would definitely take the day off 100%

It may be a little slower.  If you consider every tweet thats posted significant then you might not agree that its slow.  Lets see what real news happens

They aren't taking days off this time of year.    Free agency just opened, plus they are doing draft prep.  Drive out to the complex on 56th Street.  There will be a lot of vehicles in that parking lot

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Couldn’t believe it when I saw this thread.  He’s a corner by the way and they are not giving away high draft compensation.   $23m is not outrageous for a top five corner in the league.  He’s a difference maker.  Do we want to try and get better or not?  I say keep trying Ballard.

The Colts will be giving up a Day 2 pick.  Ballard won’t do that lightly.  And, if reports are correct, a Day 3 pick in 25.   

As for money,  at $23m per, Sneed would become the highest paid corner in the NFL by $2m per year.   Jaire Alexander makes the most at $21m.    Two others make $20m.   Even when Ballard traded for Buckner, he didn’t make him the highest paid st his position. 

13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They aren't taking days off this time of year.    Free agency just opened, plus they are doing draft prep.  Drive out to the complex on 56th Street.  There will be a lot of vehicles in that parking lot

As many as Monday through Friday?

27 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Colts will be giving up a Day 2 pick.  Ballard won’t do that lightly.  And, if reports are correct, a Day 3 pick in 25.   

As for money,  at $23m per, Sneed would become the highest paid corner in the NFL by $2m per year.   Jaire Alexander makes the most at $21m.    Two others make $20m.   Even when Ballard traded for Buckner, he didn’t make him the highest paid st his position. 

Alexander signed his extension in 2022.  Ward as well.  If $23m is the number it is not out of line with a rising cap two years down the road.  And right now we guessing.  I don’t think a 3rd this year as being over the top.  There are many who were projecting a 1st or 2nd.  So a 3rd seems right to me.  I only saw a report mentioning a 2025 pick.  No clarification where.  Ballard just made Kenny the highest paid Nickel.  So we shall see.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Alexander signed his extension in 2022.  Ward as well.  If $23m is the number it is not out of line with a rising cap two years down the road.  And right now we guessing.  I don’t think a 3rd this year as being over the top.  There are many who were projecting a 1st or 2nd.  So a 3rd seems right to me.  I only saw a report mentioning a 2025 pick.  No clarification where.  Ballard just made Kenny the highest paid Nickel.  So we shall see.

Are you really going to try and compare the highest paid nickel at $10 mill with a corner at $22m?!?   Goodness gracious.   

Is there nothing that could surface that would make you say that’s too much, or is the sky the limit?