Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Falcons post game reaction (Merge)

hambone35

offensive line failures was biggest issue.  People are going to cry about the defense but they are gassed.  The inability to get any push on the offensive line is the root cause in my opinion. 

Atlanta took away our run game and Moshes isn’t good enough to win when we are one dimensional.  Also,  receiver depth is obviously a problem. 

• Like 2

• GoColts8818 changed the title to Colts @ Falcons post game reaction
2 minutes ago, strt182 said:

Both sides was bad . Missed tackles , poor execution. Atl needed this win more then the Colt's. If the Colts could afford to lose one it was this one. Division might be out of the works now but if the Colts win the next 2 i believe they are in. 

We need help plus we need to win out.  We lost our chance to control our destiny.

Again.. getting hope up just to crumble end of the season.. the falcons suck. No reason for this lose.. makes me feel like I did after the first Titans game. The season has been over since AR got injured. Now we will finish with a trash 8-9 or 9-8 season and draft 15th. 

It was better watching games with no expectations than coming in with a big head

• Like 2

If Pitt and smith don’t play Sunday colts are going to lose.

Just now, RollerColt said:

Yep. We’re missing the playoffs… and not even getting a decent chance at a game changing player in the draft… 

We beat up bad teams this year and enjoyed a soft schedule. Raiders are going to blow us out…

Any player you take in the first is going to be a game changer. Plus there is going to be a lot of quarterbacks go in the top ten.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The players who are under their rookie contracts are the best/most dynamic players on this team outside of maybe 2.  A terrible thing for a GM who has been here about 7 years.

If ATL had Steichen as a HC, they'd probably be 11-4.

that is my problem with ballard  he doesnt draft bad just average .  he drafts a lot of players who can make the roster and hang around in the nfl but not a lot of game changers .   the roster just stays middle of the pack  which is not bad but you cant make deep playoff pushes with it .  look at polian and you see the difference   with offensive weapons pass rushers

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Pitt and smith don’t play Sunday colts are going to lose.

Any player you take in the first is going to be a game changer. Plus there is going to be a lot of quarterbacks go in the top ten.

Not true. Only 40% of all draft picks in the first round become franchise players… and we’re going to be picking like 18th or 19th.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The players who are under their rookie contracts are the best/most dynamic players on this team outside of maybe 2.  A terrible thing for a GM who has been here about 7 years.

If ATL had Steichen as a HC, they'd probably be 11-4.

The difference in athleticism was striking. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Not true. Only 40% of all draft picks in the first round become franchise players… and we’re going to be picking like 18th or 19th.

Unless your picking in the top 5 your not going to get some elite player. It doesn’t matter if we are picking 15 or 22.

Colds highest paid players client show up today.

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

that is my problem with ballard  he doesnt draft bad just average .  he drafts a lot of players who can make the roster and hang around in the nfl but not a lot of game changers .   the roster just stays middle of the pack  which is not bad but you cant make deep playoff pushes with it .  look at polian and you see the difference   with offensive weapons pass rushers

We've got about 15 players that are all the same guy, whether its offense or defense.  The only guy that looks different on O is Downs.  All of the DBs look the same.  The DL is hilariously homogeneous.

And, I'm sorry, JT stinks as a runner, and always has outside of a few big runs/games in the middle of 2021.  If he doesn't get a crack in between the OTs where he can use his speed, he's simply a JAG.  Robinson is what a real NFL RB looks like, and Allgeier is a lot harder to bring down than JT despite being about the same size.

• Like 3

Good

is there anything I can say good about this game? lol  I’m trying really hard but it’s really just meh

Pittmans Agent:  Pittman is going to get a BAG from us.  I’m predicting $22mill/yr depending on what happens with the market and salary cap.  This game showed we need him BIG TIME.

Bad 

OL:  we got punked.  As a unit they played bad but Freeland was getting his tail handed to him.  He needs the same offseason program that Raimann had.  

WRs:  We lack explosiveness on offense and it starts with the receivers.  Pittman isn’t the most explosive player but he’s dependable and open.  And today showed that we depend on him a lot, maybe too much.  Pierce is not it, I’m sorry.  Downs, he’s ok but he’s easy to nullify.  No one else is worth mentioning.  I’ve debated with people on here what our first pick or FA target should be this off-season and if this game doesn’t show you that we need an explosive WR then idk what else to tell you

Defense:  As a group they played but specifically the tackling and run defense.  Pass defense was ok but they tore us apart on the ground.  177 yards on the ground.  WOW!  

Side Note:  I like Pittman and I want us to bring him back and pay him, but he’s a gift and a curse.  He’s a great player for our offense but he IS our offense.  Shane and Ballard have to figure out a way to get us more weapons on offense and spread the ball around.  Our offense reminds me of a basketball team where there’s one player that takes all of the shots and when he’s shut down and has to give the ball to someone else, the other player can’t hit the shot because they’ve only shot the ball 5 times while the other player has shot the ball 30 times.  I do not like the amount of targets Pittman gets.  We have to get another (or maybe multiple players) that can take those targets away, but they also have to be PRODUCTIVE.  I didn’t feel good about this game because we were asking players who as a group gets targeted the same amount as ONE player to step up and replicate that production in one week.  And we don’t have the talent on offense that can do that.  

• Like 2

Just now, DougDew said:

We've got about 15 players that are all the same guy, whether its offense or defense.  The only guy that looks different on O is Downs.  All of the DBs look the same.  The DL is hilariously homogeneous.

And, I'm sorry, JT stinks as a runner, and always has outside of a few big runs/games in the middle of 2021.  If he doesn't get a crack in between the OTs where he can use his speed, he's simply a JAG.  Robinson is what a real NFL RB looks like, and Allgeier is a lot harder to bring down than JT despite being about the same size.

Falcons are accepting fans…