Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Falcons post game reaction (Merge)

hambone35

13 minutes ago, strt182 said:

Both sides was bad . Missed tackles , poor execution. Atl needed this win more then the Colt's. If the Colts could afford to lose one it was this one. Division might be out of the works now but if the Colts win the next 2 i believe they are in. 

Didn't we say this 2 years ago...:woah:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The players who are under their rookie contracts are the best/most dynamic players on this team outside of maybe 2.  A terrible thing for a GM who has been here about 7 years.

If ATL had Steichen as a HC, they'd probably be 11-4.

People sleep on ATLs offense but they have WEAPONS.  The problem is they don’t have the QB.  They’re one of the teams I think that should trade for Fields.  Fields with all of those weapons could become something very good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Horrible game. Very few if any positive takes tbh.

I feel like we are so late in the season now that we won't be able to make any major ajustments for next game.

Just make sure Pitt gets healthy and forget about this as soon as possible.

Im not asking for us to win out from here but I hope we play our best and live up to our potential cos today was pathetic at times. We can do so much better and we need to show that if we are to have any chance at winning the last 2 games.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

We've got about 15 players that are all the same guy, whether its offense or defense.  The only guy that looks different on O is Downs.  All of the DBs look the same.  The DL is hilariously homogeneous.

And, I'm sorry, JT stinks as a runner, and always has outside of a few big runs/games in the middle of 2021.  If he doesn't get a crack in between the OTs where he can use his speed, he's simply a JAG.  Robinson is what a real NFL RB looks like, and Allgeier is a lot harder to bring down than JT despite being about the same size.

You’re not a fan of the JT stutter step? Lol. 

Just now, DougDew said:

The defense got manhandled.  The players lost their battles.  Scheme had absolutely nothing to do with it.

agreed  you cant win games losing one on ones all game .   the whole offensive line was blown up every single play , no run lanes or time to throw the ball .  the defensive line was bullied nonstop all game , massive running lanes 5 plus seconds to throw every play .   plus the defense missed tackles nonstop , plenty of times it was the right defensive call but a defender missed a tackle for a loss and led to a big play .

• Like 1

• Shive changed the title to Colts @ Falcons post game reaction (Merge)
5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

agreed  you cant win games losing one on ones all game .   the whole offensive line was blown up every single play , no run lanes or time to throw the ball .  the defensive line was bullied nonstop all game , massive running lanes 5 plus seconds to throw every play .   plus the defense missed tackles nonstop , plenty of times it was the right defensive call but a defender missed a tackle for a loss and led to a big play .

Bijan makes defenders miss...because he's a real NFL RB. (he was a top 10 pick for a reason).  Allgeier and Patterson are hard to bring down.

It was always going to be a tough game because ATL has superior skilled personnel than the Colts have defenders to stop them.

I'm surprised we lost in the trenches as badly as we did though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SwedishColt said:

Horrible game. Very few if any positive takes tbh.

I feel like we are so late in the season now that we won't be able to make any major ajustments for next game.

Just make sure Pitt gets healthy and forget about this as soon as possible.

Im not asking for us to win out from here but I hope we play our best and live up to our potential cos today was pathetic at times. We can do so much better and we need to show that if we are to have any chance at winning the last 2 games.

Steelers got manhandled by us last week and went out and destroyed the Bengals this week. We’ll be fine

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

When you sit there and just let he joke pick you apart and make no adjustments that is scheme. Steichen was equally as bad on offense.

What game did you watch?  Heineke didn't pick anybody apart.  He looked like a normal NFL QB having a normal NFL game...nothing spectacular.   

Their skilled position players beat our defenders.  Period.   But we also did do poorly in the trenches.

• Like 2

Just now, csmopar said:

Steelers got manhandled by us last week and went out and destroyed the Bengals this week. We’ll be fine

Yeah, you're right. The NFL is a week to week league and you can't lean on old merits. You need to perform every game if you want to have longterm success. 

We still have a chance if we perform the way we are capable of. We are not good enough to think will just happen automatically though. Hard work is the only way.

Well, I have to say I am disappointed. I realize this team is mediocre and is probably a lot further along than they should be, but I really thought they were better than what they displayed. Today they got manhandled in the trenches on both sides of the ball. it was downright embarrassing. Where was the pass rush? What happened to Q and Kelly?  they were getting blown off the line.  Maybe they should have signed Landry bc we don’t have any decent receivers besides Pitt. I really don’t have much confidence they can win the next two games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We lack explosive players on O.  I doubt Pierce is ever going to be a reliable #2 

I still believe Woods will be the type of mismatch Tight End we need.

No idea what's happened with Ogletree

We need Pittman, Downs, and Somebody Else at #2.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

See Ya GIF by Team Coco

4 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

You sure you’re being honest about your team?

I see ATL games every week.  I know about them.   When you see a team every week, you learn about them, but it doesn't mean you are a fan.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Again.. getting hope up just to crumble end of the season.. the falcons suck. No reason for this lose.. makes me feel like I did after the first Titans game. The season has been over since AR got injured. Now we will finish with a trash 8-9 or 9-8 season and draft 15th. 

It was better watching games with no expectations than coming in with a big head

Falcons do not suck lol.  They were 6-8 going into this game and are in the playoff hunt.  Are they good, meh maybe solid, but this is the NFL and it’s any given Sunday…ESPECIALLY this year.  They have an underrated offense filled with weapons and their defense is damn near top 10.  This was going to be a tough outing even if we had won this game, this wasn’t going to be an easy one.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

You sure you’re being honest about your team?

When I say that JT sucks as a runner, and has for 4 years outside of a few big games in 2021, I'm being honest about others' favorite player.

When I see him totally miss wide open areas to the outside to turn it up inside, I know I've been right about him as a runner for 4 years.  We run between the OTs, because that's the only place JT will run unless some teammate or coach could scream at him and point ''Over there is where no defenders are" .  I've said it for 4 years, and have been right about him for 4 years.   Reality bites for some I guess,

Just now, smittywerb said:

Falcons do not suck lol.  They were 6-8 going into this game and are in the playoff hunt.  Are they good, meh maybe solid, but this is the NFL and it’s any given Sunday…ESPECIALLY this year.  They have an underrated offense filled with weapons and their defense is damn near top 10.  This was going to be a tough outing even if we had won this game, this wasn’t going to be an easy one.

Lol do they lead the division at 6-8? I'm sorry they don't suck.. the NFC South does

Just now, smittywerb said:

ATL probably has the best defense the Colts have played in a long time.  Their offense has players, but give up bad plays at bad times and that's why they are not at least 9-6

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Exactly why I'm not going to overreact to this loss. All these teams hovering around .500 are flawed & inconsistent, which is why they are .500 teams. Those saying the Raiders will destroy us, I ask you "which Raiders team comes to town? The one that put up 60 points or the one that got shutout the week prior?" 

Which Colts team shows up is the other half of that question.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts haven’t had answers all year to running the ball when the run is shut down. 

The answer is explosive wide receivers and tight ends.  I’ve broken it down multiple times on here.  When we throw 30 times a game and 10-15 of the targets are going to Pittman for 10 yards or less, then the defense steps up and apply pressure because they know we’re not going deep.  We’re either going to run or throw the ball for less than 10 yards.  We need players who command attention past the sticks.  Downs is not that, none of our tight ends are that, and Pierce suppose to be that but he doesn’t have the talent to do it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All bad tbh.

-Minshew moves around too much in the pocket

-Defense is bad at tackling. Like really bad.

-Rodney Thomas was again, horrible. Arguably his worst game. I don’t know why he’s still starting.

But Bradley was unbearable today. Him and that soft zone coverage that he refuses to go away from. We could not get off the field on 3rd down because of it. The CBs are too far off the ball to force an incompletion or run up and make a tackle on running and screen plays. Also he’s back with the roster nonsense. Thomas is this years Facyson for him. Consistently bad but won’t totally move off of him. Bradley has to go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol do they lead the division at 6-8? I'm sorry they don't suck.. the NFC South does

they could very well have the same record as us if their defense figured out to close games.  You’re sleeping heavy on them.  And the Bucs and Saints aren’t bad either.  

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

ATL probably has the best defense the Colts have played in a long time.  Their offense has players, but give up bad plays at bad times and that's why they are not at least 9-6

Nevermind us playing Cleveland and putting up multiple scores?  You're saying they are better than Cleveland?

A total beat down. We couldn’t run the ball and they made Minshew look bad. No excuse for this. Amazing to think if we won and Jacksonville loses we could be leading the division today. Steichen dropped the ball and Bradley defense failed again.

I guess the Colts are very getting moved today for the holidays and they did it with a passion  

• Like 1