Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Falcons post game reaction (Merge)

hambone35

1 hour ago, Captain_Colts1317 said:

It’s amazing how much QB play can change how a team looks. Just think about how much we have to look forward to next season. I wouldn’t even blame Minshew at this point, we know who he is, and so does he. He’s going to play good enough to win some games, and then he will play bad other games. He’s playing exactly how you’d expect a good backup to play. Which is good enough to win you a few games but not enough to carry a team in playoffs. 

I also think you will see a lot of moves made in the off-season. Both to the coaching staff and player wise. Steichen has had a season to evaluate everything and knows where changes need to be made for the future to make his system work. Trust the process, the future is bright! Move on to next week and try to get into the playoffs to get everyone some playoff experience for the future. 

I sure do hope a lot of moves are made before next season.  Today was a lack of effort by more than a few players. Tired of hearing players say they will learn from the loss. It’s late season, time to put up and quit with the excuses. This has happened for the past few years with this team and need to move on from some of these guys. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Franklin is really over rated . He and Moore were abused in the running game all day long. Plus Franklin had a chance at an easy game changing int. 

I have said this a couple times, and it wasn’t popular here. The same as when I said the same thing about popular colt lb’s of the past that piled up meaningless tackles. I was right about them, we will see about Franklin. It seems like this is a trend with the colts no mater who the gm is.

• Like 1

The game wasn’t n tv in my area, so I listened on the radio. So the colts pay Richardson a top contract, but they don’t make him a focal point of the offense. I said it was a dumb move when they did it, and it seems even worse than that seeing how the offense is run and production other backs have produced. Supposedly he was payed because he is a big play game changer, well where is that? Just another stupid contract irsay has given to a colt plater he likes. That’s why the colts sucked when he was playing gm and he still has that mentality by listening to interviews he gives. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Franklin is really over rated . He and Moore were abused in the running game all day long. Plus Franklin had a chance at an easy game changing int...

Early on I was really convinced Franklin was going to have a stellar season. On more than one occasion, I defended Franklin from criticism on this forum. But I see he has taken a step backward over the second half of this year. Quite disappointing.

And it looked like all of our DBs were avoiding tackling today. I'm used to watching Rodney Thomas staying out of mix, unless it's absolutely necessary for him to tackle, but today I saw both Brents and Jones dancing away from contact. They will not last long as starters, if this continues, and they don't commit to laying the wood

• Like 1

All the complaining here about the colts players on offense. It’s tough on everyone with a qb that doesn’t scare the defense throwing the ball down field. I think Joe Flacco under center in place of minshew doing rpo would make a lot of the players look better. But that probably isn’t the kind of offense the coach wants to run.

i also think if the colts improved the lb position the defense would be a lot better. I don’t like having 2 lb’s and they are both smaller. If you are playing with an extra db to help with passing play, you should have bigger lb’s to stop the runs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, husker61 said:

All the complaining here about the colts players on offense. It’s tough on everyone with a qb that doesn’t scare the defense throwing the ball down field. I think Joe Flacco under center in place of minshew doing rpo would make a lot of the players look better. But that probably isn’t the kind of offense the coach wants to run.

i also think if the colts improved the lb position the defense would be a lot better. I don’t like having 2 lb’s and they are both smaller. If you are playing with an extra db to help with passing play, you should have bigger lb’s to stop the runs.

I hate the two LB scheme. When comparing us to other teams defenses... Having the extra DB does not seem to help with our pass coverage whatsoever.

• Like 1

At this point, if we don't win our next two and make the playoffs, I think it's fair that there should be talk that Ballard gets fired. The only downside is Steichen just got hired as the coach, and AR hasn't had a year as the QB yet, so that will probably save him. It'll be unpopular, but I don't care. The Colts have been exposed and it's Ballard who built this team. Without Pittman, the offense is trash. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bravo said:

Honestly. The fact that this team even has 8 wins is impressive.

It doesn’t have the talent for it

I was going to say, who woulda thunk that we’d actually still be talking about the playoffs this late in the season this year.   Strange year. 

Colts are now in sudden death, though.  Have to win their next two games or, realistically, they’re out. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

At this point, if we don't win our next two and make the playoffs, I think it's fair that there should be talk that Ballard gets fired. The only downside is Steichen just got hired as the coach, and AR hasn't had a year as the QB yet, so that will probably save him. It'll be unpopular, but I don't care. The Colts have been exposed and it's Ballard who built this team. Without Pittman, the offense is trash. 

You’re kidding I hope. The fact we are where we are with everything shows Ballard did pretty good job with depth. The offense is trash because we have a backup average QB.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah this team way over achieved expectations with a backup QB playing the vast majority of the season and the star running back missing at least six games.  Ballard isn’t getting fired.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The sad thing is, whether you think Zaire Franklin is overrated, or a stud...

With how terrible our depth at the LB position is, if either Franklin or Speed were to get injured, we literally have no viable replacements. Undersable why they use so many two LB sets. We don't have three starting NFL caliber linebackers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

The sad thing is, whether you think Zaire Franklin is overrated, or a stud...

With how terrible our depth at the LB position is, if either Franklin or Speed were to get injured, we literally have no viable replacements. Undersable why they use so many two LB sets. We don't have three starting NFL caliber linebackers

I think everything gets exposed when you don’t have your franchise QB playing. I bet even chiefs would show holes if mahomes wasn’t playing. It’s pretty amazing how different things look with a franchise QB.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think everything gets exposed when you don’t have your franchise QB playing. I bet even chiefs would show holes if mahomes wasn’t playing. It’s pretty amazing how different things look with a franchise QB.

Sure, because if your offense is able to score, than it takes the pressure off the defense. But I'm just saying, the LB position has been ignored for too long with this team. A quality LB is sorely needed. Cannot expect to survive a season with only two, and a group of scrubs

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You’re kidding I hope. The fact we are where we are with everything shows Ballard did pretty good job with depth. The offense is trash because we have a backup average QB.

I love Richardson, but the fact is that he's still somewhat of a question mark. He'll probably be a hit, but it's not guaranteed yet. He would have covered up the weakness of losing Pittman, but there have been 20 or so team that have lost their starting qb this year from a little bit of time to the entire year. It's not unusual for this year. The WRs besides Pittman are horrible. Losing Braden Smith has exposed the line. Very little pass rush today against a good O-Line. Zaire Franklin is starting to look overrated, and the secondary got carved up. 

We have a lot of holes on this team. Even if you want to defend Steichen right now, Gus Bradley is terrible. I'm at the point if we miss the playoffs, Ballard needs to go. Another year not winning a winnable division and missing the playoffs would be inexcusable.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah this team way over achieved expectations with a backup QB playing the vast majority of the season and the star running back missing at least six games.  Ballard isn’t getting fired.  

You are giving credit to Minshew here. He won't be the starter next year. Now you have to do that all over again with Richardson who has only played 5 or so games. He will essentially still be a rookie. Will he be able to duplicate 8-10 wins or do better? Probably not. It'll be a learning year for him when this year should have been the learning year. 

Also, knowing that, do you really expect Ballard to go all out and make it easy for Richardson? Probably not. We need to re-sign Pittman minimum. Probably sign a big FA. At this point an elite WR or CB. Draft the other in the first round we don't sign, and get lots of better depth in case of injuries. This isn't even mentioning fire Gus Bradley and get the best D-Coordinator possible. 

13 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Sure, because if your offense is able to score, than it takes the pressure off the defense. But I'm just saying, the LB position has been ignored for too long with this team. A quality LB is sorely needed. Cannot expect to survive a season with only two, and a group of scrubs

I do think getting exposed like this and bengals game though is actually a good thing. Because it does expose things we need help with next year. If richardson  had played we might not of seen that.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I love Richardson, but the fact is that he's still somewhat of a question mark. He'll probably be a hit, but it's not guaranteed yet. He would have covered up the weakness of losing Pittman, but there have been 20 or so team that have lost their starting qb this year from a little bit of time to the entire year. It's not unusual for this year. The WRs besides Pittman are horrible. Losing Braden Smith has exposed the line. Very little pass rush today against a good O-Line. Zaire Franklin is starting to look overrated, and the secondary got carved up. 

We have a lot of holes on this team. Even if you want to defend Steichen right now, Gus Bradley is terrible. I'm at the point if we miss the playoffs, Ballard needs to go. Another year not winning a winnable division and missing the playoffs would be inexcusable.

All of the teams have holes or are vulnerable right now.  Backup quarterbacks all over the league.  That’s why there are so many teams still eligible with two weeks to go.  The fact we are still in it is amazing.  You do realize Ballard is going nowhere.  Gus who knows?  That’s Steichen’s call.  Given the circumstances I wouldn’t say it’s a sure thing.  Still two games to go and hopefully playoffs.  We will see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

All of the teams have holes or are vulnerable right now.  Backup quarterbacks all over the league.  That’s why there are so many teams still eligible with two weeks to go.  The fact we are still in it is amazing.  You do realize Ballard is going nowhere.  Gus who knows?  That’s Steichen’s call.  Given the circumstances I wouldn’t say it’s a sure thing.  Still two games to go and hopefully playoffs.  We will see.

As I tell myself most people expected this team to win somewhere between 3 to 5 games before the year started.  They are in the playoff race and just need to win two home games to get in.  All of us would have signed up for that before the season started.  This team has over archived what most of us expected BEFORE their QB got hurt.  Even if it doesn’t end in the playoffs it’s been a good season for Ballard.  He’s not going anywhere.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I do realize he's going nowhere. I just don't think he should have a free pass if we miss the playoffs. His seat should be hotter than it is. I get injury bad luck, but it's getting ridiculous, and I'm losing my patience with him. 

- Bradley’s defensive strategy especially with how they were playing the pass sunk the team today.  I genuinely believe that if they sped Heinicke up on some of the handful of obvious passing down and distances the Falcons had, this is a different, at worst closer, game.

- This is why Ballard always gets second  guessed with how much investment has  been placed in the o-line at the expense of skill positions.  The play of that unit needs much more consistently good/elite with what some of those guys are getting paid than what they have done 2 out of the last 3 games.  If this team is going to win and get in the playoffs, those guys need to control the LOS in the run game and hold up better in pass pro.

- Kylen Granson was the only Colt who did anything to deserve recognition for his play today.  I thought he made some really though catches especially on 3rd and 4th downs

- Gotta get ready for Las Vegas coming into town.  The simple fact is that these team is not talented enough to overcome coaching/strategic errors, mental

mistakes. So those things need to be cleaned up before next week.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DougDew said:

I see ATL games every week.  I know about them.   When you see a team every week, you learn about them, but it doesn't mean you are a fan.

U know what is funny? Atlanta puts a premium on drafting skill players, and Ballard empathize building the trenches. Hmmmmm. I'm not saying Atlanta's way of building is better, but it just shows up Ballard's poor drafting.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

As I tell myself most people expected this team to win somewhere between 3 to 5 games before the year started.  They are in the playoff race and just need to win two home games to get in.  All of us would have signed up for that before the season started.  This team has over archived what most of us expected BEFORE their QB got hurt.  Even if it doesn’t end in the playoffs it’s been a good season for Ballard.  He’s not going anywhere.  

Do u hear what u r saying? U were expecting 3 to 5 wins so shouldn't that tell yourself what u think of the talent accumulated by Ballard? Now that he has gotten 8 wins, he is forgiven? The schedule is one of the easiest  I  have ever seen. Dud qb week after week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Early on I was really convinced Franklin was going to have a stellar season. On more than one occasion, I defended Franklin from criticism on this forum. But I see he has taken a step backward over the second half of this year. Quite disappointing.

And it looked like all of our DBs were avoiding tackling today. I'm used to watching Rodney Thomas staying out of mix, unless it's absolutely necessary for him to tackle, but today I saw both Brents and Jones dancing away from contact. They will not last long as starters, if this continues, and they don't commit to laying the wood

Athletes over players!!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

To me it’s more scheme than players. You telling me downs can’t run a crosser? Or even pierce? 

Alec can but he can’t get any separation.  Downs has really fallen off since teams have gotten tape on him and figured out he’s a major role in the Colts offense.  Clearly defenses have figured out how to take him away.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Alec can but he can’t get any separation.  Downs has really fallen off since teams have gotten tape on him and figured out he’s a major role in the Colts offense.  Clearly defenses have figured out how to take him away.

I think Downs has hit the rookie wall. It happens with a lot of rookies.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Theee is no room for error when you don’t have your franchise QB playing.  Everything gets magnified.

You keep calling AR a “franchise QB.” Maybe our definitions are different, and I sure hope he develops into a franchise QB, but he ain’t one yet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1