Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our Secondary

hambone35

13 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Lol. Puka is good but he can't make people not cover him like the game winning play.

Just bad communication by Moore on that play. Definitely not what you want to have happen there though.

12 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

well it looks like we lost flowers for the year so the 7th round pick is starting now .   we are so thin at corner its gonna get worse .

I actually like Jones. He doesn't have the high end traits that Brent's has, but he can play. I wonder how we fill that spot on the roster. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shive said:

Just bad communication by Moore on that play. Definitely not what you want to have happen there though.

I actually like Jones. He doesn't have the high end traits that Brent's has, but he can play. I wonder how we fill that spot on the roster. 

cb is one of the hardest spots to play though .   starting jones is gonna leave tons of up and down plays . we need to add a veteran  cb

9 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

cb is one of the hardest spots to play though .   starting jones is gonna leave tons of up and down plays . we need to add a veteran  cb

We had Darren Hall and just cut him.  I have Xaxier Rhodes cell if anyone is interested in bringing him back..... 

1 hour ago, hambone35 said:

Good night, people wide open etc we really need some corners who can play tight man etc..  Stafford just obliterated our secondary

The defensive backs also made quite a few big-time plays to keep the team alive throughout the game. Gus Bradley only rushing four guys and allowing Stafford all day to throw throughout 90% of the game didn't do our secondary any favors.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It should be noted that it’s not just the corners. It’s also the safeties that haven’t been good. Idk why they keep starting Blackman. And Thomas is the worst tackler in the secondary after Baker. He made a nice play to dislodge the ball from Higbee at the end but that’s it’s.

I think that’s the issue too. Ballard and the staff sometimes ride the wave when a player makes a handful of splash plays during the season and just rolls with them the rest of the way. We need players who make consistent plays even when it’s not flashy. That’s why I don’t get why they didn’t bring McCloud back. He was the team’s best safety last year. It’s clear that one of the bigger issues in the secondary is the lack of a veteran leader to get everyone in the right coverages. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think he expected Richardson to look this good. So he was willing to ride with the young guys. Let’s see if he can make a couple moves to fix it.

I hope so.  It certainly looks like this division is wide open and winnable.  A couple of moves could go a long way.  And they don’t have to break the bank either.

• Like 2

Probably need to chill.  We’ve lost 2 games to top 10 QBs.  We were in both games and the secondary made some nice plays in each.  Stafford had a lot of time to pick on us today.  No NFL secondary can stick to receivers that long.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IndyEric07 said:

Thanks to Ballard!

Damn that Ballard for forcing Rodgers to gamble.  They’ve had multiple vets in and the kids won the spots. Funny how we were all preaching patience in the offseason but as soon as the season started it’s gone. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, a06cc said:

We’ll need to draft some safeties. This was known during the preseason. 

They drafted Daniel Scott who went down in training camp I believe. They really liked him. They need to let Cross play and get a veteran safety. If there was a player I’d like to see them trade for it would be Kamren Curl. He plays for the Commanders but is only 24 years old. Plays SS but is pretty good already. Another guy who would be great and has familiarity with Bradley is Jamal Adams. He’s a bit older at 27, but he would be a leader on defense for the younger guys.

Next year they need to draft another corner and bring in some proven veterans.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hambone35 said:

Good night, people wide open etc we really need some corners who can play tight man etc..  Stafford just obliterated our secondary

Pass defense was hard to watch today. Wide open guys for the Rams all day. Rush defense too for that matter.