Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Anyone Else as Downhearted About This Season As I Am?

Smonroe

4 hours ago, LaundryBag said:

Tom Brady, LeBron James, Draymond Green and Kevin Love are co owners of pickleball teams maybe it will take off. Just not my sport. lol

I will stick to football, basketball and baseball.

It is a fun game I just won silver in a local tournament. People actually think it is a lazy game for old people not until they try. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dissapointed. Sure.

But I'm ok watching a team do badly one year. It's continued putrid play that loses me as a fan. My self worth isn't attached to my favorite sports team, which unfortunately happens to a lot of people. Winning it all in the NFL is really hard. We are not the Lions :)

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Not hiring a guy that hasn't been in a front office for almost a decade.     

Your brilliant. So excited about nothing this team brings.. Can you actually bring something positive? Your still mad cause Peyton is gone? Join the crowd... Booo Hooo

I am down on the Colts, but more than that I am angry. I take people at their word, but this regime lets say "over amps" everything. Everyone is special, everyone is great...."special sauce" anyone? The fact is the team is not very good, and playing at peak, its possible they could be "good" but they are NOT great, special, and the only sauce that exists on this team is the salve applied to their wounds......I just want honesty, I won't get it with the current way the team is ran.....and that makes me angry because I am being deceived.....

3 hours ago, LaundryBag said:

Your brilliant. So excited about nothing this team brings.. Can you actually bring something positive? Your still mad cause Peyton is gone? Join the crowd... Booo Hooo

99% of his posts are attacking other posters he disagrees with. That's generally the only time he posts. He adds nothing to the forum as a poster. I'd put him on ignore like I did. You'll thank me later.

Downhearted?  No not really.  I thought they would do better and win the division. Part of me did understand that we start slow and eventually it would catch up with us and we wouldn’t be able to go on a big run to be in contention. I didn’t see Ryan playing this bad and getting benched forever after 7 games. The signs were still there he was declining and QBs seem to fall off a cliff like RBs when it’s time to retire. 

I didn’t really think we had a chance of competing for a SB and just wanted to make the 2nd round of the playoffs and see what happens. That’s not happening but limiting my expectations has softened the blow. I’ve known since the Bills playoff game Reich was a major issue on this team and also we were playing with fire switching QBs every year and using old guys. Eventually, it just doesn’t work. Our roster made up for QB deficiencies the past 2-3 years but now it has regressed a bit bc the core is older and aging and we need a QB that can lift those around them instead of being a game manager.  We have traded away or out of the first round too many times and now we are seeing a solid but not spectacular roster struggling.  It was just a matter of time before this happened.  Hopefully we will bring in a new coach that can help Ballard identify the new franchise QB and we can reload and get back on track. 

52 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

At the end of the day.......  I'm disappointed, but I'm not going to let it ruin my day

Its a sport, its not life or death

Im hopeful that we make needed changes in the offseason

Same here.   I'm not even gonna let it ruin this football season for me.  There are allot of teams fighting for the playoffs and this season will be fun to watch play out.  

3 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

At the end of the day.......  I'm disappointed, but I'm not going to let it ruin my day

Its a sport, its not life or death

Im hopeful that we make needed changes in the offseason

This is essentially how I feel as well. My concern is a lack of confidence in upcoming decisions.

If Reich is fired and Ballard retained, I have no confidence in Ballard choosing a new head coach. His hires have been McDaniels & Reich. I don't fault him for McD backing out, but it concerns me that he wanted McD. 

If Reich & Ballard are both fired, I have no confidence in Irsay choosing a new GM and/or HC. His last two hires (both 1st timers), have not worked out very well. 

But as you said, it's a sport, not life or death. Whatever happens, I'll still watch and root for the team.  

4 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Downhearted?  No not really.  I thought they would do better and win the division. Part of me did understand that we start slow and eventually it would catch up with us and we wouldn’t be able to go on a big run to be in contention. I didn’t see Ryan playing this bad and getting benched forever after 7 games. The signs were still there he was declining and QBs seem to fall off a cliff like RBs when it’s time to retire. 

I didn’t really think we had a chance of competing for a SB and just wanted to make the 2nd round of the playoffs and see what happens. That’s not happening but limiting my expectations has softened the blow. I’ve known since the Bills playoff game Reich was a major issue on this team and also we were playing with fire switching QBs every year and using old guys. Eventually, it just doesn’t work. Our roster made up for QB deficiencies the past 2-3 years but now it has regressed a bit bc the core is older and aging and we need a QB that can lift those around them instead of being a game manager.  We have traded away or out of the first round too many times and now we are seeing a solid but not spectacular roster struggling.  It was just a matter of time before this happened.  Hopefully we will bring in a new coach that can help Ballard identify the new franchise QB and we can reload and get back on track. 

Sean Payton would be my 1st choice but I’m just a fan.

Happy Best Friends GIF by Neil Sanders
I guess I’m up and down on the subject.

I was excited about the season starting but IMO, with all the hype about $$$$, it’s turned into a business.

Thank goodness that Hockey is back :rock:

The NFL is still entertainment, I’m still a Colts Fan…and, I believe in miracles :cheer2:

2 minutes ago, Mighty Blue said:

I was excited about the season starting but IMO, with all the hype about $$$$, it’s turned into a business.

The NFL is still entertainment, I’m still a Colts Fan…and, I believe in miracles :cheer2:

Yeah Hockey is back and it looks like the Sabres could be too.   Go Sabres!  And Colts too of course.

12 hours ago, coltsfan_canada said:

It is a fun game I just won silver in a local tournament. People actually think it is a lazy game for old people not until they try. 

Try playing against some 4.0 - 5.0 guys in their 30's and 40's. I play about 5 times a week. I may be old, but I'm not slow. And, you can't teach tall.

I have seen worse, however APATHY is starting to creep in. Unfortunately the NFL is just not what it use to be.

There really is not any good football being played. Players are overpaid and underperforming. Example: Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Stafford, SD-Justin, Derek Carr. Players like Tanneyhill, Jalen Hurts are being revered. Not exciting...

Washington literally broke me. I predict we lose all but Raiders and Texans games left. But watch the Raiders be unstoppable against us like last year.

I'm def not excited anymore lol more dreading Sunday especially because I'm surrounded by Pats fans up here in New England.

But hey it'll be 76 degrees on Sunday perhaps I'll go for a walk. 

2 hours ago, Mighty Blue said:

I'm a Blues fan and they've lost 6 in a row.  It sucks too. 

40 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

I have seen worse, however APATHY is starting to creep in. Unfortunately the NFL is just not what it use to be.

There really is not any good football being played. Players are overpaid and underperforming. Example: Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Stafford, SD-Justin, Derek Carr. Players like Tanneyhill, Jalen Hurts are being revered. Not exciting...

Not saying players don't play if they are able but, there is so much $$$ riding on getting that 2nd contract and being able to make the 53 the first 3 years of that contract these guys don't want to get hurt i that time frame.
  With so many Million$ involved, the giving 110% mentality more often becomes a just business one. Human nature.
 Maybe it is just the damage of playing years on turf for Q, Kelly, and Smith?
  lol

On 11/3/2022 at 10:01 AM, Smonroe said:

I mean, I'll still watch the games.  But I'm not looking forward to them anymore.  Maybe I'm too old for another cycle of blowing up the team, getting a new coach and GM, and starting over again.

It's like I'm standing outside of a broken phone booth with money in my hand.

Okay...whining is over...

I'm NOT Disappointed or BUMMED OUT about this season because of all the other failure seasons the colts have. It's not breaking news that the.colts season is ho hum..they usually are lol. 

I always be.a.colt fan and follow them I'm just not optimistic about this franchise.

I have never had so little interest in the rest of the NFL as I do.now. I have no confidence that the games are legit, more like wrestling in my opinion. 

Hopefully, it will be the colts "turn" to win sooner than later. haha

Pity sakes people - we are just a few players away from having a Super Bowl contender.

Specifically a couple more stud offensive linemen and quality backups.

Sure - we're ALL disheartened about this season.  But - this is a "big picture" league. 

UNTIL we have ALL three units hummin' along - we won't be able to compete with the Bills and the Chiefs.

I believe in the team that Chris Ballard is putting together - and - I believe that Frank Reich can lead this team to a Super Bowl.

On 11/3/2022 at 10:01 AM, Smonroe said:

I mean, I'll still watch the games.  But I'm not looking forward to them anymore.  Maybe I'm too old for another cycle of blowing up the team, getting a new coach and GM, and starting over again.

It's like I'm standing outside of a broken phone booth with money in my hand.

Okay...whining is over...

It does sting seeing them perform like this. I feel bad for those who shell out big bucks to see this type of product. 

Whine all you want.

10 hours ago, Crunked said:

I am down on the Colts, but more than that I am angry. I take people at their word, but this regime lets say "over amps" everything. Everyone is special, everyone is great...."special sauce" anyone? The fact is the team is not very good, and playing at peak, its possible they could be "good" but they are NOT great, special, and the only sauce that exists on this team is the salve applied to their wounds......I just want honesty, I won't get it with the current way the team is ran.....and that makes me angry because I am being deceived.....

We have highly paid players Bumblin, Fumblin,and getting their a__es whooped. There is a ____load of blame all around!

6 hours ago, coltsva said:

This is essentially how I feel as well. My concern is a lack of confidence in upcoming decisions.

If Reich is fired and Ballard retained, I have no confidence in Ballard choosing a new head coach. His hires have been McDaniels & Reich. I don't fault him for McD backing out, but it concerns me that he wanted McD. 

If Reich & Ballard are both fired, I have no confidence in Irsay choosing a new GM and/or HC. His last two hires (both 1st timers), have not worked out very well. 

But as you said, it's a sport, not life or death. Whatever happens, I'll still watch and root for the team.  

I think we need to start fresh at GM and HC

When we are DYING for a new QB, will Ballard be cute and get OL?  - He MIGHT

Yikes

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think we need to start fresh at GM and HC

When we are DYING for a new QB, will Ballard be cute and get OL?  - He MIGHT

Yikes

Can't you see Ballard looking for some under the radar QB to draft that doesn't have the greatest college stats, but has off the charts physical measurables? Somebody unexpected that he can draft in the second round after picking that safety or right guard they REALLY wanted in the first round. 

18 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Can't you see Ballard looking for some under the radar QB to draft that doesn't have the greatest college stats, but has off the charts physical measurables? Somebody unexpected that he can draft in the second round after picking that safety or right guard they REALLY wanted in the first round. 

Yep. We'll draft Anthony Richardson from Florida.

24 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

LOL

That would be ugly

Disheartened, No, a bit disappointed, sure, but it will not change the fact that I am a Colts fan.  I am a fan, win or lose, I like the winning part better, but dont lose sleep over a loss either. As a long time, true fan, I have seen this before with the Colts, it will change, it always does, when, who knows, but as a fan I dont have any other avenue except hope, cheering, watching, wearing my gear ( 1000 miles away at that) and waiting. 

2 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep. We'll draft Anthony Richardson from Florida.

If SamE  plays decently enough to.sell to the public he may declare him.as our QB and not draft a.QB at all or maybe his backup in the middle rounds.

Knowing the colts can we really be confident that they will both target and hit on a QB that will let us compete with the likes of KC, Buffalo,.etc...???

12 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

If SamE  plays decently enough to.sell to the public he may declare him.as our QB and not draft a.QB at all or maybe his backup in the middle rounds.

Knowing the colts can we really be confident that they will both target and hit on a QB that will let us compete with the likes of KC, Buffalo,.etc...???

That won't be answered till the end of the season. There are so many things that can happen between now and then. I am pretty confident that Irsay is on Ballards tail to find some answers. 

6 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I'm NOT Disappointed or BUMMED OUT about this season because of all the other failure seasons the colts have. It's not breaking news that the.colts season is ho hum..they usually are lol. 

I always be.a.colt fan and follow them I'm just not optimistic about this franchise.

I have never had so little interest in the rest of the NFL as I do.now. I have no confidence that the games are legit, more like wrestling in my opinion. 

Hopefully, it will be the colts "turn" to win sooner than later. haha

I guess anytime is the right time to float the idea of Conspiracy Theories!

Any thread!   Any topic!     It’s always good to bring up a juicy conspiracy!    And it doesn’t have to be proven.   Just as long as it can’t be….   DISPROVEN!!

Oh Boy!   Fun times!!      :thmup:

Believe it or not we are in 2nd place. This team has some pride and they will play hard until the end. I think if given some time that Sam will be a good Qb. They have to fix the O line. They're awful. Never expected that.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I guess anytime is the right time to float the idea of Conspiracy Theories!

Any thread!   Any topic!     It’s always good to bring up a juicy conspiracy!    And it doesn’t have to be proven.   Just as long as it can’t be….   DISPROVEN!!

Oh Boy!   Fun times!!      :thmup:

I think what I've said here for years is proven. 

Just about every critical thing I've said and some others here about ballard, the colts and the league the last 6 years have come or are coming true. Remember when no one was allowed to say.anything not 100% positive about The Great Ballard without being ridiculed???? How many times just you alone came down on someone giving their opinion on Ballard if it wasn't a blind homeristic compliment of him. Now instead of 99% of worshipping his every move the last 6 years its reversed.and the majority of the forum is.saying the exact same.thing a few of.us said since nearly the beginning. 

You used to be a Fan of Griggs & Pagano and defended them like you did Ballard & Reich if i.remember correctly, right?   But then when the crowd turned against them your opinion changed too, right?  I remember you saying you supported Griggs until the day came you didnt..or.something like that..Now it seems your doing a.180 on.Reich & Ballard, just like the majority is doing now. 

I guess if and when the new regime comes in you'll be their loudest spokesman, their biggest fan........ until they start failing and the majority of the fans are against them lol.

You know my view on the NFL and the pessimistic view I have on my child hood team the colts and why . What I have said or implied these years was pretty much on point and you and others know that...unfortunately!!!  But I don't have any effect or power on the colts, it is what it is and they are who they are and what the Football God's make them and I and some others only give our opinions.

Archived