Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Anyone Else as Downhearted About This Season As I Am?

Smonroe

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I guess anytime is the right time to float the idea of Conspiracy Theories!

Any thread!   Any topic!     It’s always good to bring up a juicy conspiracy!    And it doesn’t have to be proven.   Just as long as it can’t be….   DISPROVEN!!

Oh Boy!   Fun times!!      :thmup:

If your memory is still good enough to remember last season you should know that the HC's for Dolphins & Browns came out publicly stating their team owners paid them money to lose games.......Remember????? ..... Remember???? Wasn't that a good enough conspiracy for you????  :funny:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think what I've said here for years is proven. 

Just about every critical thing I've said and some others here about ballard, the colts and the league the last 6 years have come or are coming true. Remember when no one was allowed to say.anything not 100% positive about The Great Ballard without being ridiculed???? How many times just you alone came down on someone giving their opinion on Ballard if it wasn't a blind homeristic compliment of him. Now instead of 99% of worshipping his every move the last 6 years its reversed.and the majority of the forum is.saying the exact same.thing a few of.us said since nearly the beginning. 

You used to be a Fan of Griggs & Pagano and defended them like you did Ballard & Reich if i.remember correctly, right?   But then when the crowd turned against them your opinion changed too, right?  I remember you saying you supported Griggs until the day came you didnt..or.something like that..Now it seems your doing a.180 on.Reich & Ballard, just like the majority is doing now. 

I guess if and when the new regime comes in you'll be their loudest spokesman, their biggest fan........ until they start failing and the majority of the fans are against them lol.

You know my view on the NFL and the pessimistic view I have on my child hood team the colts and why . What I have said or implied these years was pretty much on point and you and others know that...unfortunately!!!  But I don't have any effect or power on the colts, it is what it is and they are who they are and what the Football God's make them and I and some others only give our opinions.

Not sure it’s even humanly possible for you to have missed the point.   Dear God!

You literally wrote that you no longer have faith in the outcomes of NFL games and compared it to Pro Wrestling.  

THAT’S THE CONSPIRACY THEORY I WAS TALKING ABOUT!!     HELLO?!?    

You dropped it into a discussion on Ballard and the Colts.   I didn’t say a word about your Colts view.    I’ve trashed Ballard and Reich.    Go right ahead and do the same.  

You completely missed the point of my post. 

52 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

If your memory is still good enough to remember last season you should know that the HC's for Dolphins & Browns came out publicly stating their team owners paid them money to lose games.......Remember????? ..... Remember???? Wasn't that a good enough conspiracy for you????  :funny:

Still missing the point.   But thanks for playing.  

And for the record….  You got THIS wrong too.   The allegation was never proved.  And the allegation was money was offered but not taken.    You can’t even get your own conspiracy theory right.  

Not surprising……. 

On 11/3/2022 at 11:47 AM, Moosejawcolt said:

Yes....very. For once I drank the Ballard Kool Aid. Loved the acquisition of Ryan as he fell in our lap. Loved hiring of Bradley and trade of Rock for Yannick. Loved his scheme more than the one run by Flus. Loved acquisition of Gilmore.  I really thought this Oline was going to be top 5 even with Pryor at LT. My biggest concern was wr and te. Wr is where I think most of our future talent now lies if Campbell stays. A complete disaster in my books and almost more depressing than some of the Manning one and dones lol.

The thing about those playoff disappointments, the regular seasons remained generally glorious!  I’ll take whole seasons of glorious joy capped by one final playoff game disappointment over this whole excrement-show of a season anytime!

9 hours ago, joeb said:

Believe it or not we are in 2nd place. This team has some pride and they will play hard until the end. I think if given some time that Sam will be a good Qb. They have to fix the O line. They're awful. Never expected that.

2nd place in the AFC South will not make the playoffs (most likely).  I'm rooting for them this week, but if they lose, I'm afraid I'll be rooting for losses the rest of the way.  

I’m a fan since Super Bowl III

I have lived in Ny my whole life so I never went to a game in Baltimore

Back in the day to get a Colt game on tv it was a Jets game or a Monday night game otherwise it was a recap in a newspaper or an article n the sporting news

Today with direct tv I’m on the couch ready for every game 

How many years did I (we) watch and read but have never left 

I figure as soon as I would pick another team The Colts would start winning

I am a fan We are fans 

If we weren’t passionate about the team we won’t care enough to cheer, to feel disappointment, to debate to argue, to laugh, to scream 

this is what fans do 

Whether you drink the koolaid or debate every move, play call, uniform color combination you care.
You may not always agree with the FO, the coach, or fellow fans but we all care enough to be on a forum for our COLTS

Each Sunday brings hope. A win and laughter and joy

A lose, bring on the debate, fire away at coach, FO players,refs, the turf , until the next Sunday 

We are here for the long haul that’s what are fans

Optimistic for this season eh Fan forever no doubt 

On 11/3/2022 at 4:01 PM, Smonroe said:

I mean, I'll still watch the games.  But I'm not looking forward to them anymore.  Maybe I'm too old for another cycle of blowing up the team, getting a new coach and GM, and starting over again.

It's like I'm standing outside of a broken phone booth with money in my hand.

Okay...whining is over...

You are not alone. I feel the same way. I watch the games... but there is distinct lack of excitement around them. IMO for me this is because before the season my expectations were muted a bit and thus I never really got swept into the wave of optimism and hope that later leads to resentment and disappointment.  But unlike you I think there is a certain charm to the phase of roster building with new coach, new direction... young promising QB and roster building around him. IMO the worst place a team can be is in the middle with little hope to take the step forward to contention and that's exactly where we are now. That's why my interest has taken a deep dive... it's just a boring team with very little to look forward to watching. 

Am I let down? More like disgusted. I drank the koolaide that this organization kept pedaling out. I bought into each QB, and hoped to see the team do well even with Jacoby Brissett. I have hopes that Ehlinger can take the reins and become this teams future at QB. 

however I have grown tired of hearing this team talk. The players talk. The coaches, the GM, the Owner talk. That’s all they have managed to be good at so far. I EXPECT the GM to replace guys who walked away with guys who are close enough to their level of play especially when it comes to blocking which is supposed to be this teams strength. Instead they were replaced with guys who are pretty bad at blocking, and get beat on a regular basis. To put so much money into an oline that isn’t producing. To resign MOC who was praised as the next best blocking TE on this team, who is way to slow to do the blocks that Doyle was so good at, and to put Pryor who is arguably the worst LT we have seen on this team since before Tarik Glenn is a gross misjudgment… 

you can always make an excuse for any player, coach, or GM. Well this that and the other caused these failures. 

for me it comes down to who is watching practices that garner them to believe these guys were good enough to block for JT. Evaluation is sorely lacking on this team. They talk a lot. That’s all they do, and I’m tired of hearing them talk and not produce. 6 years is enough of no division crowns and one playoff win (Andrew Luck the next best QB since PEYTON FREAKING MANNING). So am I disheartened? Only because I’m a fan of this team and want more for them. Otherwise I’m disgusted at how much this team talks like they’re the next great thing. When do you become a liar? Just shut up. Every QB they pedal out is a “special special player, unique, magical”… we have heard it all and they’re full of crap. 

2 hours ago, Myles said:

2nd place in the AFC South will not make the playoffs (most likely).  I'm rooting for them this week, but if they lose, I'm afraid I'll be rooting for losses the rest of the way.  

Not me.  I could never root against the Colts.  Been a fan since 58.  Not in my DNA.  Maybe it’s a generational thing.  I could never do it.  No matter the circumstances.

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Not me.  I could never root against the Colts.  Been a fan since 58.  Not in my DNA.  Maybe it’s a generational thing.  I could never do it.  No matter the circumstances.

Hurts my soul to hope for Ls... But.... if we are a mess, and out of playoff contention.... I'll take a temporary hurt soul if that translates to a better future. 

I'm not there yet... Hoping Sam some how surprises and is legit. But if we have a sloppy game with several turnovers, and fall 3-5-1, I'll get get closer (still not there yet).

23 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I can understand that, especially on game day.  

At the end of the season, would you rather had finished 5-12 or 8-8-1?

On 11/3/2022 at 9:01 AM, Smonroe said:

I mean, I'll still watch the games.  But I'm not looking forward to them anymore.  Maybe I'm too old for another cycle of blowing up the team, getting a new coach and GM, and starting over again.

It's like I'm standing outside of a broken phone booth with money in my hand.

Okay...whining is over...

No Im not down because the division is bad and we are only 3-4.  We actually do have a chance to make something out of this. I actually feel more excited about the games now that I don't have to watch Matt Ryan get destroyed every game.  I think Sam is fun to watch and I see a lot of really nice traits in his game and his approach. It's a good time for this young core to get used to playing and fighting together.  Between Frank taking ove as OC and seeing if the line can get better it peaks my interest to see what happens if successful.  Im hoping Sam proves he can be the guy like Im thinking he will.

34 minutes ago, Myles said:

At the end of the season, would you rather had finished 5-12 or 8-8-1?

I'm not really a fan of tanking to land in the 5-10 range in the draft.  If it was first overall and there was a great college qb that would be a big deal.  Its not that hard to trade into the 5-10 range if thats what we want

Thats where Mahomes and Allen were taken and both were traded for

7 hours ago, Old Man and the COLTS said:

Back in the day to get a Colt game on tv it was a Jets game or a Monday night game otherwise it was a recap in a newspaper or an article n the sporting news

I am a fan We are fans 

If we weren’t passionate about the team we won’t care enough to cheer, to feel disappointment, to debate to argue, to laugh, to scream 

this is what fans do 

Whether you drink the koolaid or debate every move, play call, uniform color combination you care.
You may not always agree with the FO, the coach, or fellow fans but we all care enough to be on a forum for our COLTS

A lose, bring on the debate, fire away at coach, FO players,refs, the turf , until the next Sunday 

You remind me of me. I have a copy of Life Magazines ...MY Colts...poems by Ogden Nash on my game room wall. Favorite Colts...Mike Curtis ..Ted Hendricks.

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

You remind me of me. I have a copy of Life Magazines ...MY Colts...poems by Ogden Nash on my game room wall. Favorite Colts...Mike Curtis ..Ted Hendricks.

I also have that issue!   Loved Curtis and the Stork.  

Tough to watch the miserable offensive performance . Plus I'm feeling it in my pocketbook as I made a pretty hefty SB bet and also a really large wager for them to win the division. Maybe Sam can save the season by turning out to be viable option at QB.

10 hours ago, Old Man and the COLTS said:

I am a fan We are fans 

this is what fans do 

Probably the best post I've ever read on this forum and I've read them on a daily basis for years. Thank you 

On 11/3/2022 at 11:10 AM, Smonroe said:

Anyway - I don't want to give the impression that football rules my life.  That's not the case.  It's just that I had such high hopes this year.  

I get what you are saying. I definitely don't let football games rule my life but the higher the expectations, the greater the disappointment. Losing a conference championship game after going 15-1 in 1998 had a numbing effect on me for a day but it did not last long.

I would like my team to win a SB while I can still appreciate it.

It could be worse. The Lions lose 10+ games every year regardless of what they do.

4 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Had a Bubba Smith uniform that came in a box as a kid 

Bert Jones, Roger Carr, Lydell Mitch to name a few 

My share of memorabilia in the pool room oldest Johnny U signed photo 

best in person day Peyton draft (first to shake his hand ) things were different back then  lol

Super Bowl

Peyton HOF week  

a pleasure CDGA

1 hour ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

Probably the best post I've ever read on this forum and I've read them on a daily basis for years. Thank you 

Much appreciated 

I was a bit bummed about this season up until they benched Ryan. Now I’m excited regardless of how the season comes out because we get to see Sam-E now and he hopefully can be the guy moving forward. If not…that’s ok. I still think the kid will be the backup at minimum for years to come unless he gets offered a starting gig somewhere 

Fact is.. 

It’s “likely” Reich is gone after this season.

Colts might get to 7 wins, he can’t survive that.

Ballard will have more leash but he’s not going to have Sam Ehlinger as QB1 to open next season. It ain’t happening.

Zero percent. No way, no how.

Sam might be on the roster, but they’ll bring in somebody else. 

All these rose-coloured glasses wanting to see what Sam can do - he’s a damn 6th round pick with limited upside. They played one of the worst teams in the league last week and lost. 

On 11/3/2022 at 3:47 PM, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Five years? It should never take five years. A rookie QB should have you contending within 2 years if you build around them right and they develop like they are supposed too.

Exactly. This sentiment that rebuilds should take five years is what Ballard would love fans to believe. Get a good young QB and winning can happen quickly and pretty easily. But Ballard thinks he’s smart enough to skip the “get a good young QB” part. It’s maddening. 

I expected better of course, but had no delusions of a SB run. Honestly next year i'd boost the hell out of the OL and take another shot with Ryan or Sam because next year's QB crop underwhelms me and we have Ryan's big contract. If that doesn't work out, go for the QB in 2024.

PS these people ripping Sam "because 6th round pick" are hilarious. How high or low a player was picked is no guarantee or indication of his future success. I could give tons of examples but anyone with a functioning brain knows that isn't necessary. Judge the guy on how he plays, period. So far the jury is obviously out and will be probably even at year's end, unless he is really consistently bad or good. I suspect the answer will be in the middle.  

20 hours ago, Indy87 said:

Am I let down? More like disgusted. I drank the koolaide that this organization kept pedaling out. I bought into each QB, and hoped to see the team do well even with Jacoby Brissett. I have hopes that Ehlinger can take the reins and become this teams future at QB. 

however I have grown tired of hearing this team talk. The players talk. The coaches, the GM, the Owner talk. That’s all they have managed to be good at so far. I EXPECT the GM to replace guys who walked away with guys who are close enough to their level of play especially when it comes to blocking which is supposed to be this teams strength. Instead they were replaced with guys who are pretty bad at blocking, and get beat on a regular basis. To put so much money into an oline that isn’t producing. To resign MOC who was praised as the next best blocking TE on this team, who is way to slow to do the blocks that Doyle was so good at, and to put Pryor who is arguably the worst LT we have seen on this team since before Tarik Glenn is a gross misjudgment… 

you can always make an excuse for any player, coach, or GM. Well this that and the other caused these failures. 

for me it comes down to who is watching practices that garner them to believe these guys were good enough to block for JT. Evaluation is sorely lacking on this team. They talk a lot. That’s all they do, and I’m tired of hearing them talk and not produce. 6 years is enough of no division crowns and one playoff win (Andrew Luck the next best QB since PEYTON FREAKING MANNING). So am I disheartened? Only because I’m a fan of this team and want more for them. Otherwise I’m disgusted at how much this team talks like they’re the next great thing. When do you become a liar? Just shut up. Every QB they pedal out is a “special special player, unique, magical”… we have heard it all and they’re full of crap. 

Boom.

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

PS these people ripping Sam "because 6th round pick" are hilarious. How high or low a player was picked is no guarantee or indication of his future success. I could give tons of examples but anyone with a functioning brain knows that isn't necessary. Judge the guy on how he plays, period. So far the jury is obviously out and will be probably even at year's end, unless he is really consistently bad or good. I suspect the answer will be in the middle.  

For a QB, being drafted in the 6th round says a lot. There are some exceptions that turn out to be starters.. and very very rarely turn out to be great.. but that isn’t the case here. Sorry. I love the Colts but Sam isn’t the guy to get them back into the Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, TheNextGM said:

For a QB, being drafted in the 6th round says a lot. There are some exceptions that turn out to be starters.. and very very rarely turn out to be great.. but that isn’t the case here. Sorry. I love the Colts but Sam isn’t the guy to get them back into the Super Bowl.

While you are correct to some degree, you are also wrong to some degree.   QB's are an unknown in most cases.  I recall more busts taken in the top 5 than hits.  Late round QB hits can happen and have happened.  

38 minutes ago, Myles said:

While you are correct to some degree, you are also wrong to some degree.   QB's are an unknown in most cases.  I recall more busts taken in the top 5 than hits.  Late round QB hits can happen and have happened.  

You're right about the busts vs hits in the top five, but stats show that you have a much better chance of getting a hit with a 1st round QB.

I think that right now, there are 21 starting QBs taken in the 1st or 2nd rounds.  There are three starters (as far as I can tell) taken in round 6 or later - Brady, Sam and PJ Walker.  

9 hours ago, TheNextGM said:

Odds are you're right, but that's all they are: odds. We don't know either way yet, not even after today. It's just two games ff s.

6 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Odds are you're right, but that's all they are: odds. We don't know either way yet, not even after today. It's just two games ff s.

I disagree.

It’s been more than 2 games, he’s been here for over a year. Anybody that thinks Sam Ehlinger is a Super Bowl calibre QB is out of their mind.

2 hours ago, TheNextGM said:

I disagree.

It’s been more than 2 games, he’s been here for over a year. Anybody that thinks Sam Ehlinger is a Super Bowl calibre QB is out of their mind.

But no one has worked with him in the time he was here.  Reich said he didn't know how to sneak.  

Well, it's time to root for this team to lose and get a good draft position.  

Archived