Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Anyone Else as Downhearted About This Season As I Am?

Smonroe

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I'll bet you said the same thing about the Chiefs game. You also said the same thing about the Broncos game....a month before the game.

The Chiefs game I did. The Broncos game I was more aware of them being even a month before the game as the Broncos had a new coach and QB and the Colts had a new QB. I think I picked the Colts to win on the prediction thread as well.

I'm also picking the Eagles halfway into the season where both teams have a large sample size. So yes, I feel confident about this prediction. I play fantasy football and I watch the Eagles pretty closely. 

You can ignore that they are undefeated and their style of offense and defense, but I know how good they are.

37 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The Chiefs game I did. The Broncos game I was more aware of them being even a month before the game as the Broncos had a new coach and QB and the Colts had a new QB. I think I picked the Colts to win on the prediction thread as well.

I'm also picking the Eagles halfway into the season where both teams have a large sample size. So yes, I feel confident about this prediction. I play fantasy football and I watch the Eagles pretty closely. 

You can ignore that they are undefeated and their style of offense and defense, but I know how good they are.

I'm quite sure you were predicting the Broncos blowing out the Colts a month or so before the game. You mentioned maybe going to the game with a friend who is a Broncos fan and being humiliated.

7 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I'm quite sure you were predicting the Broncos blowing out the Colts a month or so before the game. You mentioned maybe going to the game with a friend who is a Broncos fan and being humiliated.

You might be right on the Broncos. If I did, I apologize. However, if I'm betting on games straight up as far as the Chiefs go, most people were picking the Chiefs after the first two games we had. 

Absolutely bummed but it's sports. I'm big on the 'there's always next year' saying nowadays. Gone are the days of stressing over the Colts. I just watch and hope they're decent.

I'm not thinking super bowls anymore like I was with Peyton and Luck.

1 hour ago, CoachLite said:

But Pickleball is very fun to play - almost addictive!

Tom Brady, LeBron James, Draymond Green and Kevin Love are co owners of pickleball teams maybe it will take off. Just not my sport. lol

I will stick to football, basketball and baseball.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Patriots won me 100 dollars last Sunday, I took them over the Jets and had to give up 1.5 points. Bill Belichick Wink GIF by New England Patriots

Actually that is a smarter bet IMO. Jets are playing better football but going against Patriots? I would take Pats every time lmao 

Good for you making off that....

9 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I mean, I'll still watch the games.  But I'm not looking forward to them anymore.  Maybe I'm too old for another cycle of blowing up the team, getting a new coach and GM, and starting over again.

It's like I'm standing outside of a broken phone booth with money in my hand.

Okay...whining is over...

I personally look forward to watching them every week. I’m interested to see what we have in Sam and Pierce, and even though we aren’t getting many turnovers, I enjoy watching the defense. I feel like we are the underdogs now, so that’s entertaining for me.

9 minutes ago, LaundryBag said:

Actually that is a smarter bet IMO. Jets are playing better football but going against Patriots? I would take Pats every time lmao 

Good for you making off that....

Breece Hall and AVT were both out for the year the prior week on offense, so it was definitely a smart bet. With them, I would of picked the Jets though.

I was thinking about the playoff game in Buffalo, and in my mind it seemed like it was 5-6 years ago.  I then realized it was only a year and 9 months ago.  Of course it seems longer, considering it was 4 QBs ago and the O-line has dropped about 30 ranking spots since then.  lol

Does anybody think there’s even a 1% chance of Sam being the opening day QB next year? It ain’t happening.

An owner who wants a ring. You don’t build a roster and hope a 6th round pick with limited upside is going to get you past Mahomes or Allen or Jackson.

This isn’t an audition. It’s a sad song before a funeral.

5 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

Does anybody think there’s even a 1% chance of Sam being the opening day QB next year? It ain’t happening.

An owner who wants a ring. You don’t build a roster and hope a 6th round pick with limited upside is going to get you past Mahomes or Allen or Jackson.

This isn’t an audition. It’s a sad song before a funeral.

It’s way way more then that. Especially if they draft a rookie who needs to sit a year. It really is going to depend how he plays these last games.

1 minute ago, TheNextGM said:

If he plays well?  Yeah, very good chance, actually.  Even if they draft a QB, there's a chance he'll be starting day 1.  The Colts aren't in a position to draft a Manning or Luck.  The QB the Colts could be in a position to draft may have to win a competition and may not start day 1.

Just now, LaundryBag said:

I should have, didn't see it. Too busy drowning my tears in my beers about the Colts...lmao

Last week sucked a big bag of eggs the way we lost that. I was so pee'd off. We had numerous times we could have sealed that game. Pittman not getting in the end zone by an inch, them getting it on 4th and 6th to set up a score, Gilmore should have that INT. Just seems like it wasn't our day when all of that happens. Taylor fumbling too lmao 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Last week sucked a big bag of eggs the way we lost that. I was so pee'd off. We had numerous times we could have sealed that game. Pittman not getting in the end zone by an inch, them getting it on 4th and 6th to set up a score, Gilmore should have that INT. Just seems like it wasn't our day when all of that happens. Taylor fumbling too lmao 

In bold we been sucking a lot of big bag of eggs this season. It is terrible :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, LaundryBag said:

In bold we been sucking a lot of big bag of eggs this season. It is terrible :facepalm:

Yeah but at least when we have sucked a big bag of eggs we have found ways to win. Last Sunday was one of the worst losses as a fan I have taken in many years. Losing to Jacks last year was worse to get in the playoffs but last Sunday was bad.

If Ballard still GM after this season I can see him getting Luke Fickell as HC. Main thing that needs to change is OL coach. I would see if Harry Hiestand willing to come to Indy. I hate Notre Dame being a Boilermaker.

If Irsay bounces in and does the right moves. Get rid of Frank and Ballard.

Bring in Loius Riddick as our new GM... Nothing can be worse than what we got now? Or can it??

7 minutes ago, LaundryBag said:

If Ballard still GM after this season I can see him getting Luke Fickell as HC. Main thing that needs to change is OL coach. I would see if Harry Hiestand willing to come to Indy. I hate Notre Dame being a Boilermaker.

If Irsay bounces in and does the right moves. Get rid of Frank and Ballard.

Bring in Loius Riddick as our new GM... Nothing can be worse than what we got now? Or can it??

Oh neat.   Another thread like this. 

P.s.  Louis Riddick.   Um.

No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

24 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Is Anyone Else as Downhearted About This Season As I Am?

Honestly, no.  I saw this coming in August.  

You absolutely did, and props to you. I mostly had it figured out as well, even suggesting we could start 0-2 because we always lose the first game and in Jax. It was pretty close to that, and we've (predictably) been in a hole ever since.

18 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm disappointed, but a win Sunday will at least keep my hope alive.  A loss and I will be rooting for the Colts to lose going forward.  

I was that way last week with Sam's first start. Wanted either a blowout win or get blown out. The 1 point loss was probably the worst possible loss both with and without context. So I want to pile on the losses now with Sam doing well in a decently high-scoring match Vs NE.

Louis Redick really lol, I’m not hiring a TV guy that has been out of the league for far to long. I wouldn’t move on from Ballard but if they did I’m promoting from within looking at Ed Dodds or Morocco Brown. 

But as Eaststreet said this thread has been created 50 times already 

Archived