Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

IF (big IF) We Would Have Beat Washington ... (answer honestly)

Smonroe

Let's pretend we beat the Commodes.  Take away Sam's unforced fumble.  Take away the D's collapse at the end of the 4th Q.  Or just say Gilmore intercepts at the end of the game.

Would you be saying we're a contender...or would you still be calling for coaching changes and/or tanking?  Answer honestly.

A true contender? No way. Playoff contender absolutely. 

I would normally say we have a good team and just needs to clean things up but it’s been 10 games in a row of the same things happening. Teams with o lines like we do and fumble like we do aren’t true contenders.

8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Let's pretend we beat the Commodes.  Take away Sam's unforced fumble.  Take away the D's collapse at the end of the 4th Q.  Or just say Gilmore intercepts at the end of the game.

Would you be saying we're a contender...or would you still be calling for coaching changes and/or tanking?  Answer honestly.

True contender?  No.

Potential to sneak into the playoffs and save Reich's and Ballard's jobs?  Possible, but still doubtful.

6 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

LOL.  Come on bro.  

Did you see what the DL of Washington did to our OL?  They are bad football team and we lost the LOS on both sides again.  

Commanders d line is better than the titans ofcourse they got destroyed

13 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

We still start slow on offense. We still play conservative with Frank calling plays. We still can't generate the same push for running the ball. Those things don't magically change.

So, we are just a middle of the road team in the NFL in purgatory till coaching changes are made that maximize the talent we have for us to be division contenders. Right now, we are an "if a lot of things go right fringe" playoff team. Make a few coaching changes and we become a division contender, mainly OL coach and HC.

I have zero faith in franks ability to get this team ready for sundays. The only time his team shows up is when we face KC or Buff, and then if it’s the playoffs he still doesn’t show up. 

I want Frank gone. He is horrible at coaching fundamentals and toughness. 20+ fumbles this year. The whole front office needs to go. Win or lose. Going for it on 4th down isn’t toughness. Clock management is a ???. More often than not Frank needs bailed out of his play calling. His teams play unprepared football. Fire him. 

42 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

All it would do is string me along for another week, kind of like how Sam being put in made me care about the game this week. I still want Ballard and Reich fired at the end of the year (preferably Reich at the bye week) as it doesn't seem they used Sam in any real unique way. He was just a game manager like I thought, despite the high completion %.

33 minutes ago, Indy87 said:

I want Frank gone. He is horrible at coaching fundamentals and toughness. 20+ fumbles this year. The whole front office needs to go. Win or lose. Going for it on 4th down isn’t toughness. Clock management is a ???. More often than not Frank needs bailed out of his play calling. His teams play unprepared football. Fire him. 

The Daily Show Boom GIF

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

I haven't called for coaching or GM changes.  I point out issues that I think were wrong, and issues that need corrected, but it has to take a major blow up for me to suggest changing the FO.

I would have said that we are a decent team, but no chance of catching TEN. 

Just keep playing hard and enjoy watching. 

lol not a chance. We still only scored 16 points, and 3 in the first half. Just the unpreparedness every single game to start out so slow is terrible coaching. In todays NFL your not going to win many games averaging under 20 points per game, no matter how good your defense is. 

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

A contender?    Come on now.

A nice first game by Sam, but it’s one game.    Odds are high Sam is going to struggle this week against New England.   Belichick is notoriously hard on young quarterbacks.   Sunday could be a looong day for the Colts.  

If the Colts had won, and someone called the Colts a contender based on that,  it would be a classic example of……

Overreaction Monday.   

Still far from being a contender. 

Frank is not taking this team anywhere. I thought he had his best playcalling of the season against the Commanders, but for every good playcall there’s a Hines up the gut, JT from the shotgun, terrible sense for situational football and so on. I honestly wouldn’t mind keeping him if he would just give up playcalling. 

The Oline is the worst I’ve ever seen. It’s honestly a mystery how we got so bad in my opinion. It almost HAS to be coaching. 

No, we are not a contender, even if we’d beaten the Commanders. It’s not just about record, it’s also about HOW you win or lose. 

13 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Still far from being a contender. 

Frank is not taking this team anywhere. I thought he had his best playcalling of the season against the Commanders, but for every good playcall there’s a Hines up the gut, JT from the shotgun, terrible sense for situational football and so on. I honestly wouldn’t mind keeping him if he would just give up playcalling. 

The Oline is the worst I’ve ever seen. It’s honestly a mystery how we got so bad in my opinion. It almost HAS to be coaching. 

No, we are not a contender, even if we’d beaten the Commanders. It’s not just about record, it’s also about HOW you win or lose. 

when the colts play mistake free football once a year, they pat themselves on the back, and their job has been done for the year. I.e. jags game. 

In between but favoring coaching changes. It would need to be a 4 game win streak before the word "contender" should be thrown around

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

All it would do is string me along for another week, kind of like how Sam being put in made me care about the game this week. I still want Ballard and Reich fired at the end of the year (preferably Reich at the bye week) as it doesn't seem they used Sam in any real unique way. He was just a game manager like I thought, despite the high completion %.

man I saw a buncha crapola they were trying with Sam that they wouldn't with Matt.  

4 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Yep Reich Is the problem currently. Can he improve? Maybe but doubtful. To be honest, if we had beaten the the titans I’d still be saying the same thing. 

43 minutes ago, Nickster said:

man I saw a buncha crapola they were trying with Sam that they wouldn't with Matt.  

And I do give him credit there. Those were good calls

Why would anyone feel feel better if we had barely beaten Washington? They’re one of the worst teams in the league. The same people who would have felt better barely beating Washington are the same ones who downplayed the tie with Houston like it wasn’t some kind of clear signal for the %show we were in for this season. 

15 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Why would anyone feel feel better if we had barely beaten Washington? They’re one of the worst teams in the league. The same people who would have felt better barely beating Washington are the same ones who downplayed the tie with Houston like it wasn’t some kind of clear signal for the %show we were in for this season. 

It’s not about that. It’s about hoping Sam gets better while your winning to keep colts in playoff race.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It’s not about that. It’s about hoping Sam gets better while your winning to keep colts in playoff race.

And then an example of us remaining hopelessly mid appeared before our eyes, as if on command…

Playoff teams are praying we get in. Praying. There isn’t a contending team in the AFC who isn’t dumping every ounce of their being into hoping we make the playoffs because we’d be as easy a win as there will be in the playoffs this year. 

If you wanna make the playoffs with a mid QB and eat another mid finish served up to you on a platter then you’re hot on the trail. 

But myself, I actually remember when we were more than mid. And settling for mid as some kind of moral * victory was flat-out laughable.  

Frank is mid. 

Ballard is mid. 

Sam is mid. 

It’s all * mid, and it’s beyond wore out at this point. 

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

And then an example of us remaining hopelessly mid appeared before our eyes, as if on command…

Playoff teams are praying we get in. Praying. There isn’t a contending team in the AFC who isn’t dumping every ounce of their being into hoping we make the playoffs because we’d be as easy a win as there will be in the playoffs this year. 

If you wanna make the playoffs with a mid QB and eat another mid finish served up to you on a platter then you’re hot on the trail. 

But myself, I actually remember when we were more than mid. And settling for mid as some kind of moral * victory was flat-out laughable.  

Frank is mid. 

Ballard is mid. 

Sam is mid. 

It’s all * mid, and it’s beyond wore out at this point. 

You really missed the point. If Sam continues to improve and looks better as the season going maybe they don’t need a QB. The jury is still out.

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

You really missed the point. If Sam continues to improve and looks better as the season going maybe they don’t need a QB. The jury is still out.

He’s mid. He was like a frozen pizza for supper. It’ll do on a random Wednesday night, but when you start trying to live on it you’re gonna find out it comes up short a lot sooner than later. 

7 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

We should have beat them by two scores. If we would have won 24-10, I would be optimistic while recognizing WAS is a bad team with a backup QB. Instead we lost at home. 

I either wanted a blowout to solidify Sam being good, or be blown out so we could tank, know he wasn't the answer, and draft a QB next year. Instead, we didn't get either, and got a low-scoring game that was decided by one point, and it wasn't even a win. About the worst possible scenario, and Sam wasn't used in any special way besides running it a few times (which he didn't look good doing).

This team with this FO manages to make me disinterested no matter what they do.

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I either wanted a blowout to solidify Sam being good, or be blown out so we could tank, know he wasn't the answer, and draft a QB next year. Instead, we didn't get either, and got a low-scoring game that was decided by one point, and it wasn't even a win. About the worst possible scenario, and Sam wasn't used in any special way besides running it a few times (which he didn't look good doing).

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148869fb960bad4fb7a24c6

30 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

To me it still showed we should tank and I believe that is what we are doing. Can see what Sam has but honestly, most realize he isn’t a franchise QB.  He will have some good moments but it’s about to get difficult for him.  I didn’t see much from him to think he is going to be special.  

We lost at home to a back up QB on a team with a losing record. We aren’t very good. It’s time to go find a franchise guy we can build around. 

9 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Yes. changes nothing win or lose. The reality is the colts can't compete with an offense that scores under 20.

Just now, AwesomeAustin said:

To me it still showed we should tank and I believe that is what we are doing. Can see what Sam has but honestly, most realize he isn’t a franchise QB.  He will have some good moments but it’s about to get difficult for him.  I didn’t see much from him to think he is going to be special.  

We lost at home to a back up QB on a team with a losing record. We aren’t very good. It’s time to go find a franchise guy we can build around. 

Agree, and same here. Still want to play him for the rest of the year though.

Archived