Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Patriots prediction + Sam Ehlinger prediction

danlhart87

Patriots 23 Colts 16 if there’s no defensive TD, otherwise it could be flood gates opened 

Patriots 33 Colts 16

Belichick hasn’t lost to rookie/first year starter QBs, maybe I’m missing just 1 loss (Big Ben??) but that’s it. We’re not going to win

Colts up 17- 13 midway through the 4th qrt. And lose 20-16. Sam looks decent for a 2nd start though. 19-26 for a buck 90/0 Td/1 int that bounced off Pitman's chest.

The Forum explodes with overloaded testosterone not seen since the 2011 season.

3 minutes ago, jemack said:

Colts up 17- 13 midway through the 4th qrt. And lose 20-16. Sam looks decent for a 2nd start though. 19-26 for a buck 90/0 Td/1 int that bounced off Pitman's chest.

The Forum explodes with overloaded testosterone not seen since the 2012 season.

That's going to be one lousy quarter if they actually lose a point in the fourth. Heh, heh... 

42 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Bill is gonna take Taylor away and make Sam win the game

There’s nothing to take away from Taylor,he’s been awful this year(Oline has been atrocious too).He doesn’t look nothing like he did last year,Jackson has looked just as good as him this season.

Patriots win a close one 17-13.

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Taylor isn’t playing well anyway. I am not scared of bill. Some of you have weird thing going where your always worried about bill.

Yeah the guy with the 2nd most wins of all time. He hasn’t lost to a first year starter since Big Ben

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

How does Bill do against new qbs? Ain't going to be pretty

21-6, 13-0 at home

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

Patriots 23 Colts 16 if there’s no defensive TD, otherwise it could be flood gates opened 

Patriots 33 Colts 16

Belichick hasn’t lost to rookie/first year starter QBs, maybe I’m missing just 1 loss (Big Ben??) but that’s it. We’re not going to win

True, but that was mostly with Brady. 

I wonder what the record against rookie QB is for Patriots after Brady moved on? 

6 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

True, but that was mostly with Brady. 

I wonder what the record against rookie QB is for Patriots after Brady moved on? 

I don't know but I found this. Josh Wilson, in games vs Belichick, still hasn't beaten him (Jets haven't beaten Belichick since 2015). Belichick is unbeaten vs rookie QBs at home, the home record is mighty favorable. Road is where Belichick has issues. That dude beat the Bills on the road on a windy night with Mac Jones throwing 3 passes last year, vs Josh Allen and the Bills. He knows to game plan.

This article is about a year old:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/stat-shows-patriots-coach-bill-belichicks-dominance-vs-rookie-qbs

39 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Patriots 24

Colts 13

Bill Belichick is famous for taking away what you do best.  He's gonna have a conundrum with this team.  Do we even have a thing that we do best?

You fans have the weirdest obsession with BB. Taylor is not playing well Wont take much for us to not have a run game. Maybe Jackson actually plays more this game and we do what we did in Denver.

11 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

You fans have the weirdest obsession with BB. Taylor is not playing well Wont take much for us to not have a run game. Maybe Jackson actually plays more this game and we do what we did in Denver.

I think maybe it is more about tempering expectations for quarterback making his 2nd NFL start against a coached team that is 42-3 at home against 1st and 2nd year quarterbacks in the last 2 decades.I think the defense will be fine, but Sam will have his hands full when they take away Pittman.  It would be amazing to see him have a solid game this coming Sunday. 

8 hours ago, Dobbinblitz said:

I think maybe it is more about tempering expectations for quarterback making his 2nd NFL start against a coached team that is 42-3 at home against 1st and 2nd year quarterbacks in the last 2 decades.I think the defense will be fine, but Sam will have his hands full when they take away Pittman.  It would be amazing to see him have a solid game this coming Sunday. 

I'm thinking all this is correct about BB--but i know what he's going to do and you know what he's going to do. he will take JT away because JT killed him last year. he will also take Pittman away--we will also have a spy on SamE for the run option---SO what should we do?

knowing what BB is going to do we (the coaching staff) needs to come up with a counter

1st: the TE's maybe have Woods and Moe in to start Paris and Pitt out wide (this will look more like run formation) pass early to the TE's --Paris is a concern over the top deep so throw a few of those early

2nd: do what we can do with the run/pass option but don't start with it only make it look like it

so give him both what he is expecting but also what he's not expecting but do that first

22 minutes ago, ruf said:

I'm thinking all this is correct about BB--but i know what he's going to do and you know what he's going to do. he will take JT away because JT killed him last year. he will also take Pittman away--we will also have a spy on SamE for the run option---SO what should we do?

knowing what BB is going to do we (the coaching staff) needs to come up with a counter

1st: the TE's maybe have Woods and Moe in to start Paris and Pitt out wide (this will look more like run formation) pass early to the TE's --Paris is a concern over the top deep so throw a few of those early

2nd: do what we can do with the run/pass option but don't start with it only make it look like it

so give him both what he is expecting but also what he's not expecting but do that first

Yes, I agree. Would be great to get the tight ends involved. A true breakout game by Campbell would be huge. Either way Ehlinger is going to see a plate full of disguised coverages. Extending plays with his legs should help break that down.

30 minutes ago, ruf said:

Based on how we have played this year he really doesnt have to take taylor away and he cant take taylor and pittman away.if he loads the box to stop taylor then the wrs will be 1 on 1. If he doubles pittman the other wrs will be open. I think he sends extra pressure in an attempt to rattle Sam and force him into making mistakes.

I don't feel good about this one.   I think Patriots win easily.  Something like 38-13.   How ever, when we are getting blown out, Reich will usually switch to a game plan he should always use so the Colts may end up closer.  

No prediction on a score. One thing I know is that through the years, Belichick has eaten young QBs alive, especially the first few times they play. 

However, if we can just stop shooting ourselves in the foot with bad decisions and weird turnovers, I think we fare well. 

Good luck Sam. I'm pulling for you.

Archived