Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Game 7: Colts @ Titans, October 23, 2022, 1:00 PM ET

NFLfan

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Someone on this team punted in high school, right? There is no way anyone will convince me that Haack is the best punter on the roster. I don’t think he would be the best punter in most high school games. 

I punted in High School and my average was better than his in this game.

3 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

looks like we have another .500 roster.

Doesn’t matter how good your roster is if you don’t have a QB. This front office has neglected this position and tried band aids of bad or QB’s with nothing left in the tank. Matt Ryan was the a reason the Falcons were bad. 

• Like 1

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

this is why one game means nothing you have to look at the whole picture so far after 7 games the offense looks horrible . one game doesnt change that  at all .   that is why matt flyn got a massive deal after one good game and stunk after that . same with foles he is not good and one game doesnt change that fact .

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Well, Atlanta may go down in flames to the Padres, but it will have been a season to remember.  MVP Acuna - lost for the season; CY Young potential starter Strider - lost for the season.  All-Star 3d Baseman Riley - lost for the last two months of the season; All-Star Shortstop Ozzie Albies missed two months; and now probable CY Young winner Chris Sale will likely miss the Wild Card Series with San Diego.   Wow.
    • Love Bortalini playung well. I wonder if we will get some play from Gonvlaves this year.   How does everyone think the line shakes out next year? I could see Kelly and Smith gone. I wonder if Kelly retires or goes to another team. 
    • If theirs is one thing in particular that is night and day with Ballard compared to Grigson, it’s his ability to draft good offensive lineman. Fries turned his career around and in his 1st game, Bortolini stood out. In the past 3 years he’s drafted Rainman, Fries, and Bortolini.   I’ve got my issues with Ballard when it comes to other things, but man can the guy draft some OL. We might have gotten our center of the future.
    • Good players make plays when the game is on the line. Like Reggie Wayne in the green bay game. One thing is for sure you don't  target a guy that has down next to nothing  all game when the game is on the line. That be as silly as when Taylor averages 8 yards a carry all game and with the game on the line and it being 3rd and 2 you substitute  him for a back who got stuffed at the line of scrimmage  all game. Every team has a go to guy. Brady had gronk and edleman Brees had Michael Thomas and Jimmy Graham. Stroud most dependable  target is nico Collins ect
    • It really was pretty wild to see the difference in AR to Flacco as it pertains to processing in live time.  They really are pretty much the opposite QB at this point in their careers, Like some have mentioned- AR is just unrefined in everything he does.  His reads are too quick, his footwork is too unsettled and he looks like a wild stallion in that pocket.  When he makes big plays it usually isn't because of the aforementioned traits, its because he can release the ball quick with superior velocity.    In Flacco you have a guy who makes perfectly settled, on rhythm reads, has solid and quiet footwork in the pocket and looks calm and collected out there. When he makes big plays its because of his veteran decision making within the construct of the offense. However, if that breaks down his chances of overcoming it are very slim. He won't run for the first down and his 40 year old arm (while still good and lightyears better than a 37 year old Matt Ryan's) is limited.  You could see the difference in his arm strength on the deep ball.  His float like a balloon and Richardson's are absolute ropes.    In theory, Flacco should be the perfect QB from a skillset standpoint to mentor Anthony on his weaknesses, and those seem to be Flacco's strengths.    Ultimately though, for every pass Joe has to throw in a game means less chance of Anthony developing.  He needs to be on the field.  Having Joe is nice if you are contending or in a playoff hunt, but having Joe on the field for meaningful time in week 4 was NOT and is NOT in the blueprint of what we are building.    A lot of people are complaining ad nauseum about Anthony and if he will ever get there- but nobody denies the upside that we've seen. I think the first step in his development is being able to hone down on what he needs to work on the most and I really think that stage is almost complete.  He will grind, and by week 8 lets have another conversation.  Injuries aside of course.  The kid needs to also learn the physicality of the NFL and had no time to sink his teeth into S and C last offseason.     
  • Members

• jvan1973

jvan1973 11,406

• ChuggaBeer

ChuggaBeer 1,862

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 3,942

• 1959Colts

1959Colts 3,925

• newb767

newb767 0

• Architects08