Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Game 7: Colts @ Titans, October 23, 2022, 1:00 PM ET

NFLfan

Just now, w87r said:

He had 10 carries for 58yds...

7 catches on 8 passes thrown his way (DL deflected other)

What are you talking bout?

Only thing you can say he did bad today was miss David Long on the one blitz 

Last year he was going over 100 yards rushing with ease or near it. He isn't playing anywhere near last year + he's been injured. What are talking bout? If Taylor played like Henry did, we win, simple as that. I am taking a break here in the forum for a while because too many people in here bash this team and then want to argue with me over obvious things. Hold the fort down my friend.

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Common sense can also point out this Oline is a shell of what Wentz had last year. Knowing the playbook or not won't help the Oline not be a dumpster fire. I don't think any QB would have the ability to be consistently good behind this line. This is why I get worked up over people putting every single thing on Ryan.

No question the O line is troubling, but at least half the turnovers Ryan has are because of Ryan not because of the O line. 

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

He had 10 carries for 58yds...

7 catches on 8 passes thrown his way (DL deflected other)

What are you talking bout?

Only thing you can say he did bad today was miss David Long on the one blitz 

agreed, to me he looked pretty solid today. 

• Like 1

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

No question the O line is troubling, but at least half the turnovers Ryan has are because of Ryan not because of the O line. 

I'm not saying Ryan isn't to blame for some of the turnovers and fumble issues. I'm saying Ryan showed last week what can happen when the line is actually playing well enough to make the plays needed and have a relatively clean pocket. Having guys blast through within a second of the ball being snapped is obviously going to lead to bad decisions and throws. The shortsightedness of so many posts here regarding Ryan blaming him for every single issue is the problem of people not having enough brainpower to form a thought beyond reee Ryan bad reeeee.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Taylor played like a dud today, last year he was Emmitt Smith, this year he stinks. Matt Ryan is better than Wentz, if anyone thinks otherwise they are silly. Taylor and Leonard both are nowhere near like they were last year.

At least Wentz didn’t turn the ball over at the pace Ryan is. 

20 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I’ll bet you your $10.09 that Wentz would have not had nearly the turnovers Ryan has if he had stayed.

Are you kidding me ?

Did you see the beating Matt took today from that turnstile of an oline ?

Injury prone Wentz would have been carted off the field in a stretcher in the first quarter if he played

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am taking a break in here for a while, it is better for me to do so. Good luck to your Vikings.

Why? Root for your team win or lose. Imagine being a Lions fan. They lose regardless of what they try to do. I like Dan Cambell, their head coach, but they have won only one game so no far this year and not many last year.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@w87r I know he is not ideal but Daniel Jones is the type of player I like. He is smart and manages the games well. I must be the only football fan who prefers game managers over gunslingers.

I like Daniel Jones. I think he has some major potential.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

100% referee loss today. 

The refs didn’t help, especially early. But the Colts loss this game today. Refs don’t throw interceptions, fumble the ball, and have 20 something yard punts. 

I know it stings, but it’s the truth. 

Back to Indy we go, to prepare for the Commanders. 

• Like 1

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

I'm not saying Ryan isn't to blame for some of the turnovers and fumble issues. I'm saying Ryan showed last week what can happen when the line is actually playing well enough to make the plays needed and have a relatively clean pocket. Having guys blast through within a second of the ball being snapped is obviously going to lead to bad decisions and throws. The shortsightedness of so many posts here regarding Ryan blaming him for every single issue is the problem of people not having enough brainpower to form a thought beyond reee Ryan bad reeeee.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say that Ryan is the only reason we suck. What I’m saying is Ryan is in my opinion the top reason why we suck so bad (in terms of players), but other things such as Reich being a terrible play caller and coach in my opinion is more damaging than Ryan is…as is Ballard and his lack of building quality depth along this team.

2 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Are you kidding me ?

Did you see the beating Matt took today from that turnstile of an oline ?

Injury prone Wentz would have been carted off the field in a stretcher in the first quarter if he played

Wentz can run…something Ryan can not do. 

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say that Ryan is the only reason we suck. What I’m saying is Ryan is in my opinion the top reason why we suck so bad (in terms of players), but other things such as Reich being a terrible play caller and coach in my opinion is more damaging than Ryan is…as is Ballard and his lack of building quality depth along this team.

Wentz can run…something Ryan can not do. 

Was he running when he broke his hand and went in IR ?

Maybe he needs to run faster !

13 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Hey I noticed Vikings are 5-1 !!

That record seems better than how they have played. The first game was very well played in all facets of the game. The last one was pretty good too. They could have easily lost all the other ones.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Last year he was going over 100 yards rushing with ease or near it. He isn't playing anywhere near last year + he's been injured. What are talking bout? If Taylor played like Henry did, we win, simple as that. I am taking a break here in the forum for a while because too many people in here bash this team and then want to argue with me over obvious things. Hold the fort down my friend.

Enjoy the vacation 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You should run the team IMO. 

Well we would have a QB and a LT and no Q.

I haven't done it ... But I bet if someone went through and drafted straight off (maybe moving up or down a few players to fill needs) one of the rankings/big boards over Ballards tenure that our team wouldn't look much worse than it currently does.

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

Given our second half history we take care of the first drive and we’re back in the game 

Why is there no big play designed in the passing game? Like 30 yards or more.. The scheme looks blunt, and also helps the opponent defense to not spread out and look to jump routes in the short to intermediate range.. 

Most teams have the threat in their offense, I wonder how many 30+ yards plays have happened in Colts games so have happened in Colts games so far? (I think close to zero or very few in first three quarters of each game). 

Ryan has made mistakes and OL isn't good overall, but the overall offensive scheme feels just too outdated in this age, and that's bound to help opponent defenses to predict the plays, I think. 

• NFLfan locked this topic