Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard FA Grievances Thread (Merge)


Bert Johns
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Nowacoltsfan said:

Cant officially speak for Arthur Blank,

But I'm willing to trade our #8 both 2nds and thirds this year and next years 1st and throw in our gm   for your GM..

 

He fleeced the falcants a 3rd for a HOF QB.. lol. Go colts!!

 

#2 we love u !@@@

Will the Falcons take on your GMs salaryV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

 

They must like what they see in Rodgers and Tell, and figure that Facyson will add depth.  Rhodes dropped off last season, maybe due to injury and age.  He probably won't be back.  You have to admit, the CB talent now is still better than the edge rusher talent (before the trade).  

 

Yes, it's tough losing Rock.  Not only a guy who was coming on, but a great person and teammate.  

But I'd still take a proven edge rusher over a CB any day.

I agree, edge over CB all day.

 

Just pointing out that we were set to lose Rhodes (not arguing he should return) and now losing Rock leaves us in a tough spot. Yes, we have guys that can step in, but IMO, they are weaker replacements. There's still time, so let's see how this plays out.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Ballard should make a call and get DeVante Parker for a 4th or 5th rounder.

Actually not a bad idea.  Dolphins need picks and they're a little crowded at WR.  DP might be expendable and cheap.  He might even feel expendable and cheap!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Actually not a bad idea.  Dolphins need picks and they're a little crowded at WR.  DP might be expendable and cheap.  He might even feel expendable and cheap!

 

Yep, think about Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle, plus newly signed Cedric Wilson for 3 WR sets and/or Gesicki, along with newly signed Chase Edmonds and Raheem Mostert. Almost non-existent, his playing time would be for Parker, IMO.

 

A Robert Woods like trade can be a template for a 6th rounder, IMO, except Robert Woods costs twice as much, hence the Dolphins would want a 5th rounder. Makes too much logical sense to me on all ends, win-win for all sides, and the Dolphins get a 5th rounder recouped after their Hill trade.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Sad to say but here are some sad statistics regarding this year's free agency frenzy:

Chloe has worked a total of 210 man hours.

Ballard has worked about 20 man hours

 

 

 

Post of the year!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

 

Post of the year!

Put "worst" at the beginning of that sentence and I'll agree. Reposting hearsay with your thumbs is not work. 

 

Ballard not working hard? Com'n fellow fan. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Put "worst" at the beginning of that sentence and I'll agree. Reposting hearsay with your thumbs is not work. 

 

Ballard not working hard? Com'n fellow fan. 

Oh...ok. could you list the free agents Ballard has signed? ( Not trades)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Put "worst" at the beginning of that sentence and I'll agree. Reposting hearsay with your thumbs is not work. 

 

Ballard not working hard? Com'n fellow fan. 


Hey, it was funny.  At least to me.   Lighten up!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Matt wanted to just ride out his career until Atlanta found their future QB..he could of.

He came here to try and win something he doesn't have...a Super Bowl. He's all in.

Unfortunately, it looks like Ballard is looking at Matt as a bandaid . He is not all in.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

If Matt wanted to just ride out his career until Atlanta found their future QB..he could of.

He came here to try and win something he doesn't have...a Super Bowl. He's all in.

Unfortunately, it looks like Ballard is looking at Matt as a bandaid . He is not all in.

 

 

Ballard literally said they are committed to him for at least the next two years which implies he could be here longer.  That’s not how you talk about a bandaid.

  • Like 8
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Ballard literally said they are committed to him for at least the next two years which implies he could be here longer.  That’s not how you talk about a bandaid.

Then Ballard needs to wake up and aquire talent where it is needed. It's the new NFL...get with the times.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

If Matt wanted to just ride out his career until Atlanta found their future QB..he could of.

He came here to try and win something he doesn't have...a Super Bowl. He's all in.

Unfortunately, it looks like Ballard is looking at Matt as a bandaid . He is not all in.

 

 

Don’t we already have a thread to whine about how Ballard is approaching things?

 

 

oh wait

 

 

we do. And at the top of the page too:

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get it. We need weapons. And I understood the panic last week when Sam was our QB1.  But last week we had no QB and Ballard ended up moving up 5 picks in the second and added a 3rd next year that could turn into a 2nd to UPGRADE at QB. 
 

he actually upgraded at QB and received draft picks to do it!
 

maybe we wait and see before we panic again?

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Don’t we already have a thread to whine about how Ballard is approaching things?

 

 

oh wait

 

 

we do. And at the top of the page too:

 

 

We do. Why did you bother to respond? Stay on the other thread.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

We do. Why did you bother to respond? Stay on the other thread.

Because based on the title, I thought this thread might be something about our new QB, not another whine thread

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Then Ballard needs to wake up and aquire talent where it is needed. It's the new NFL...get with the times.

Maybe he doesn't want to build a roster like that, he has stated such in the past my friend, and continues to keep his word, he isn't lying to you, some fans just need to come back to the reality of this teams culture, and it's the Ballard and Reich way, they won't overpay for star players....

 

They will however, build the trenches, put an aggressive defense on the field, paired with a bruising run game with a quarterback who can manage a game and is consistent from game to game Ala matt Ryan. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheBlueAndWhite said:

Maybe he doesn't want to build a roster like that, he has stated such in the past my friend, and continues to keep his word, he isn't lying to you, some fans just need to come back to the reality of this teams culture, and it's the Ballard and Reich way, they won't overpay for star players....

 

They will however, build the trenches, put an aggressive defense on the field, paired with a bruising run game with a quarterback who can manage a game and is consistent from game to game Ala matt Ryan. 

Makes sense..why bother following the Tampa and LA blueprint.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

If Matt wanted to just ride out his career until Atlanta found their future QB..he could of.

He came here to try and win something he doesn't have...a Super Bowl. He's all in.

Unfortunately, it looks like Ballard is looking at Matt as a bandaid . He is not all in.

 

 

Well if we went to super bowl with him this year or next things could change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Because based on the title, I thought this thread might be something about our new QB, not another whine thread

You didn't have to respond. You only did because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Oh...ok. could you list the free agents Ballard has signed? ( Not trades)


Continuing with the joke, I’m imagining Ballard going over the list of top Free Angents:

 

Too expensive…

Too old…

Not good for the locker room…

Arms not long enough…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What weapons do you want him to get right now? The free agents left aren't young impactful talent. 

The wide receiver and tight end draft class is incredibly deep with some absolute playmakers in it.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Smonroe said:


Continuing with the joke, I’m imagining Ballard going over the list of top Free Angents:

 

Too expensive…

Too old…

Not good for the locker room…

Arms not long enough…

Lol.

"We just don't have the cap space"

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, TheBlueAndWhite said:

They will however, build the trenches, put an aggressive defense on the field, paired with a bruising run game with a quarterback who can manage a game and is consistent from game to game Ala matt Ryan. 


This is the way.

 

To top it all off, Matt Ryan is one of the best when the game is on the line. 42 game winning drives to his credit.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/gwd_career.htm

Ryan did all of that without the benefit of a solid defense or consistent run game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, tvturner said:

What weapons do you want him to get right now? The free agents left aren't young impactful talent. 

The wide receiver and tight end draft class is incredibly deep with some absolute playmakers in it.

 

 

I didn't say offensive weapons. I agree that WR, TE, and or hopefully LT might come out of the draft. But in order for that to happen. Cornerback and free safety need to be addressed in free agency.  5 pressing needs. At least 2 need to be addressed before the draft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I didn't say offensive weapons. I agree that WR, TE, and or hopefully LT might come out of the draft. But in order for that to happen. Cornerback and free safety need to be addressed in free agency.  5 pressing needs. At least 2 need to be addressed before the draft.

Mathieu is linked to Indy

The corners will survive 

 

Ballard isn't done

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Matt is a professional through and through. He’s going to put in the work and time. If we can support him, he’ll support us. 
 

Win the division. Protect the Lucas Oil and split on the road. We do that we at least have a chance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Don't look now but we have that QB.  Will Ballard go all in? Doubt it.

If by all in you mean sending a ton of draft picks and tons of cash to guys that aren't worth it,  no.    Would you like to wager the Colts have a better record than the Dolphins?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You gotta have your head up your rear if you dont think stuff like expectations and personal/team achievements weren't a part of negotiations. Yeah, he don't wanna be a bandaid, but he has to perform too. Its an entirely realistic expectation that Colts are in position to get Matt to a SB and maybe win and that's all Ryan cares about. Just relax and actually understand how this would have naturally been discussed at trade negotiations.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Shive changed the title to Ballard FA Grievances Thread (Merge)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...