Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard FA Grievances Thread (Merge)

Bert Johns

The Colts were in on Jones for a bit.

New Bears DT Justin Jones was very close to signing with the Colts. But Bears coach Matt Eberflus called him last night around midnight, and the talk convinced him to sign with Chicago. Jones flew in this morning and now has a two-year deal with the Bears.

— Colleen Kane (@ChiTribKane) March 18, 2022

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

The good news is there are still a lot of good FA out there if colts can get this QB solved. Free agency has moved very slow this year.

I won't feel good until we get a QB that can actually maybe be good. Without that we are screwed. If Baker is our last option then lets roll with it and gamble if we don't have to give up much. I would trade a 2nd for him and that's at, nothing more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm curious right now if it's Ballard or Irsay who got rid of Wentz. If it's Irsay, then he has done huge damage to this team over the last week and put Ballard in a horrible situation where his hands are tied and the Colts are a laughing stock to the fans, media, and players across the league that won't sign with us. If it's Ballard, then I'm about ready to fire him at this point. In that case, he would of released Wentz right before FA, counted on a plan that fully relied on luck to depend which QB would be available for you, sacrificed a week of FA (making the team worse by not being able to fill any needs except re-signing your own and a trade where we made our secondary a huge weakness in exchange for getting an EDGE), is still hesitant to sign or trade for a QB even after Watson was traded, and is still stubborn and bullheaded that he believes his way works when the SB last year and the current landscape of the AFC today shows that his way doesn't work. We probably can't even get a decent QB in the draft either because we don't have a 1st round pick (not that Ballard has attempted to draft a QB before the 4th round anyway).

I would rather take a chance on a rookie GM at this point than Ballard if he was willing to learn from his mistakes and try a new approach. You can't teach an old dog new tricks apparently, and Ballard is stuck in his ways, which have become detrimental to this team, and have taken us from a high in 2018 to an all-time low in 2022. Sad to see this once great franchise that I rooted for since 1998 as a 10 year old kid become the dumpster fire it is today because of the last two regimes. 

It's ok though, we'll probably trade our 2023 1st round pick for Matt Ryan (who will turn 37 in May), and get another band-aid QB for a year or two and sacrifice the future at the one thing Ballard is actually good at (the draft). 

Maybe this will be a blessing in disguise. We'll go 5-12 or something, Ballard and Reich will be fired, we'll get a competent GM and HC for once, and we'll actually draft our QB like a normal team that tries win every year instead of going halfway on it (trading for wentz instead of stafford).

The Bengals and the Rams showed two ways to make the SB (very different from each other), our approach isn't close to either team. 

A GM and HC change can't come soon enough...

It was irsay that wanted Wentz out, anyway that's my opinion. And yeah that's not good, that's Jerry Jones type of interference But at least Jerry's interference results in spending and acquiring Big Talent trying to win.... unlike irsay.

As far as firing Reich & Ballard, will that matter much, especially in the long run???

Outside of the Polian/Manning era how good have the hires have been? That's where this franchise may be heading, to the two Decades prior to Peyton. With a slightly above  mediocre season here and there( to sell more tickets to share a bit more revenue to the other 31 teams ). 

Hopefully things won't go that way and our immediate future is bright..... we'll see. :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I was the GM I would try for Pitts, the combo of him and Ryan would be huge. Have to try. Regarding Corners, we need one but not sure who I would want.

Why would the falcons give up Pitts???  :thinking:They drafted him instead of getting a top QB prospect, so I'm thinking the will want to keep him.

• Like 3

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Why would the falcons give up Pitts???  :thinking:They drafted him instead of getting a top QB prospect, so I'm thinking the will want to keep him.

They want to rebuild so we would have to give a crap load of picks for Ryan if Pitts is in the deal. Anything is doable, why did Watson go to the Browns because the Browns made it happen with Picks and money. Nobody thought Watson was going to the Browns.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They want to rebuild so we would have to give a crap load of picks for Ryan if Pitts is in the deal. Anything is doable, why did Watson go to the Browns because the Browns made it happen with Picks and money. Nobody thought Watson was going to the Browns.

But that's assuming the Colts are trying to WIN NOW and that's not the impression their giving. And spending a lot of resources is not what Ballard & Colts do.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

But that's assuming the Colts are trying to WIN NOW and that's not the impression their giving. And spending a lot of resources is not what Ballard & Colts do.

Because in Ballards eyes Its not about the Money Money Money its not about the Money Money Money its all about the holding on to it... its all about the flauntingggg money dancing GIF by CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Cannot see these LT's lasting much longer. Panthers in on Brown, and Dolphins pursuing Armstead.

They won't and when that takes place everybody on here will say well i guess it's the draft or pryor and when that happens then i will say well then there go the wide receivers "in this stacked class" because the LT will be prioritized first by mister build the trenches Ballard and here, we go again.

For the love of God can we not agree that this guy seriously is crippling our chances year in and year out here? 

This IS not about a QB. This is clearly a guy that would rather buy two plain hamburgers than a big mac and every 4th year he might splurge on a 6-piece nugget. Honestly, I like the guy from a far when he speaks but his actions are what's key not his words or demeanor anymore. If he seriously doesn't start doing things soon that actually give a resemblance of trying to better this team and not just getting by, he has got to go. End story. 

Everyone on here should understand that, including @NewColtsFan. Even the guys on sririus today mentioning the Colts with verbal shaking head emojis. This is getting dumber by the minute

The Ju-Ju contract is mind blowing. 2.4 million guaranteed and Cox got 8.2mil guaranteed. Yall going to sit here and tell me Ali Cox is better than Ju-Ju?

Ludicrous

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Indeee said:

They won't and when that takes place everybody on here will say well i guess it's the draft or pryor and when that happens then i will say well then there go the wide receivers "in this stacked class" because the LT will be prioritized first by mister build the trenches Ballard and here, we go again.

For the love of God can we not agree that this guy seriously is crippling our chances year in and year out here? 

This IS not about a QB. This is clearly a guy that would rather buy two plain hamburgers than a big mac and every 4th year he might splurge on a 6-piece nugget. Honestly, I like the guy from a far when he speaks but his actions are what's key not his words or demeanor anymore. If he seriously doesn't start doing things soon that actually give a resemblance of trying to better this team and not just getting by, he has got to go. End story. 

Everyone on here should understand that, including @NewColtsFan. Even the guys on sririus today mentioning the Colts with verbal shaking head emojis. This is getting dumber by the minute

The Ju-Ju contract is mind blowing. 2.4 million guaranteed and Cox got 8.2mil guaranteed. Yall going to sit here and tell me Ali Cox is better than Ju-Ju?

Ludicrous

Big Mac Mcdonalds GIF by Arcos Dorados- this is what Ballard should do!

24 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Ludicrous

The fact that we could play with anybody last year, beating half the playoff teams and losing by a score to a few of the others tells me it IS about the QB.  A competitive team indicates a strong GM.  Keep in mind that 31 GMs failed last year.  And most of them spent a crapload of money on the shiny new castoffs of other teams.  And they’re back at it again this year.  We get the right QB, and we’re golden…plain and simple.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Breeze said:

The fact that we could play with anybody last year, beating half the playoff teams and losing by a score to a few of the others tells me it IS about the QB.  A competitive team indicates a strong GM.  Keep in mind that 31 GMs failed last year.  And most of them spent a crapload of money on the shiny new castoffs of other teams.  And they’re back at it again this year.  We get the right QB, and we’re golden…plain and simple.

And that fact regarding your thinking is what scares me to death that Ballard might feel the same way. Using your logic and reasoning let's examine this:

David Carr. A lot of people on here wanted Colts to trade for Carr. He is a Raider. So obviously the Raiders Have a QB who is competent if not above average. Last year that Raider team, with Carr beat us and made it to the playoffs, so your logic would say that the Raiders should firmly believe that that team with a QB should be able to win more playoff games and maybe even a Super Bowl

Then why did they go get Davante?

Your logic is flawed, as is Ballard's if he truly believes what you do. Oh, and not to mention that every year is different so stop living in the past

:Nuke:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Breeze said:

I can appreciate the philosophy of some teams that say Let’a just go out and get our QB, and we will figure out the rest.

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Me too as long as it isn't this team... :funny:

We sucked for years, then Peyton Manning came and we were contenders for 14 years. He gets injured and that year we sucked again, so bed that we got Luck. We went from worst to 11-5 and back in the playoffs and in the hunt again. If you have a chance to get a franchise QB you do it, the rewards far out weight the payment.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

What would your solution be?

When you ask people this they don't have a better solution. They resort to draft a QB or roll with Sam. That is basically like tanking IMO, hell with that. I bring up Matt Ryan and Jimmy G all the time and some mock me but yet their solution isn't better. I think Baker would be better  solution than drafting a QB in a bad QB class or rolling with Sam. When some bring up Mariota it makes me do this throw up i feel sick GIF by The Detour

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dobbinblitz said:

What would your solution be?

Right now, everything else but the QB. It should really have been adding pieces around Wentz and seeing what transpired in 2022.

To me it doesn't matter what QB you sign or trade for right now. With the exception of Mayfield, who I do believe can give you greater upside than the rest, they all can give you huge downside. This includes rookies. So, because of that, you go get the pieces needed other than QB. Ngakoue was a piece and one I'm totally on board with. Now go get more.

Get a TE. Don't try to grab one with ties to a QB that might come here just go get one. Everette would be my choice as long as you are going to actually use him the gameplan. Going to get the TE in FA eliminates the need to draft one

And on and on, but right now nothing is being done. Nothing

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Breeze said:

31 GMs failed yes, however, 14 still made the playoffs, and that is the regular season goal, to get into the playoffs so you have a chance to win the SB. We have only done that twice since Ballard has been GM, and once was with Luck. That needs to be improved or Ballard has to go.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

We sucked for years, then Peyton Manning came and we were contenders for 14 years. He gets injured and that year we sucked again, so bed that we got Luck. We went from worst to 11-5 and back in the playoffs and in the hunt again. If you have a chance to get a franchise QB you do it, the rewards far out weight the payment.

PEYTON MANNING HAD PLAYMAKERS on offense. Crud loads of them. 

Luck had TY and then Ebron for a year and no O-line and retired because of it. 

Seriously, this is NOWHERE near what Manning had or what Luck had.

Sometimes I wonder if the people on here even watch football other than highlight reels

What did the Bills do for Allen with the exception of the RB position? Went and got Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Knox, and now OJ Howard and drafted Davis who I believe could be on par or better than Pittman if used more. If you can't see the difference, you have zero credibility

All we have to do is get a franchise QB, you don't know what you are talking about :sigh:

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

PEYTON MANNING HAD PLAYMAKERS on offense. Crud loads of them. 

Luck had TY and then Ebron for a year and no O-line and retired because of it. 

Seriously, this is NOWHERE near what Manning had or what Luck had.

Sometimes I wonder if the people on here even watch football other than highlight reels

What did the Bills do for Allen with the exception of the RB position? Went and got Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Knox, and now OJ Howard and drafted Davis who I believe could be on par or better than Pittman if used more. If you can't see the difference, you have zero credibility

All we have to do is get a franchise QB, you don't know what you are talking about :sigh:

Obviously you need at least a good O.Line and a couple weapons that a QB can utilize but without a Good QB the team is screwed. We have a great RB so any QB that is worth spit should be able to ride him at least to the playoffs. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Indeee said:

And that fact regarding your thinking is what scares me to death that Ballard might feel the same way. Using your logic and reasoning let's examine this:

David Carr. A lot of people on here wanted Colts to trade for Carr. He is a Raider. So obviously the Raiders Have a QB who is competent if not above average. Last year that Raider team, with Carr beat us and made it to the playoffs, so your logic would say that the Raiders should firmly believe that that team with a QB should be able to win more playoff games and maybe even a Super Bowl

Then why did they go get Davante?

Your logic is flawed, as is Ballard's if he truly believes what you do. Oh, and not to mention that every year is different so stop living in the past

:Nuke:

My logic is that we have a very strong team right now.  Get the right QB, whoever that is.

Maybe a better question is why did the Packers give up Davante?  And why didn’t the Packers win it all with Davante and with a far superior QB?  
Living in the past?  You make it sound like every year should be a complete overhaul.  That is the logic of the Jets, Browns, and Jaguars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1