Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard FA Grievances Thread (Merge)

Bert Johns

5 minutes ago, t-rex said:

Allen Robinson signs with the Rams. Another WR off the board.

We have plenty of cap space.

What are we doing?

I think Ballard is going to have a QB built.  That doesn't come cheap.

He's acquiring DNA from Peyton right now.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, t-rex said:

What are we doing?

And the Rams didn't have any, yet they fill a position of need while we wait confident in our huge cap space number..

• Like 1

I was thinking with the craziness of the NFL offseason now, which has really evolved over the past few years, It's hard not to think with all the big trades in the NFL now that he's got us sitting at the kids table. We're neither in the discussion for a big QB or top players we could trade a bunch of picks for and we don't even have the top players at premium positions to be on the other side of these trades either. We're in the utter purgatory of averageness. Maybe it's not totally Ballard's fault either, but he's an easy target.  

The Ngakoue for Ya-Sin trade I think was some nice maneuvering, but that's all it is, it's a decent move that improves a position group. It's not franchise changing. We can't do franchise changing things. 

No QB, #1 WR, true FS, play making TE or 1st rd draft pick. Oh, but we got the most cap space out of every team in the NFL....yay!! While we sit here and watch every legit play maker (minus Ngakoue) sign elsewhere. C'mon Irsay, it's time for you to step in! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The colts are honestly stuck until the Watson decision is done. You can't persuade FAs to come here when you have no QB. Once a QB is on the roster, I can start seeing moves made. Keep in mind though those moves will most likely be minor because 25-30 mil will be the new QB and a Nelson extension.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

“But it’s only the first day of Free agency”

Not that you’d notice, but there are still lots of players available.   

Not that you’d notice, but very few players signed with anyone today.   It was a very quiet  day in free agency today.  

But, by all means, carry on….  Keep complaining over nonsense and making it seem like the sky is falling.    :thmup:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, t-rex said:

What are we doing?

Robinson is going to the the Super Bowl champs with Stafford in sunny California. I doubt even with all the money at our disposal that we would’ve been able to bag him over LA. 

Championship contenders are going to get prime free agents over the rest of us. It sucks but that’s how it’s going to be. 

34 minutes ago, CR91 said:

The colts are honestly stuck until the Watson decision is done. You can't persuade FAs to come here when you have no QB. Once a QB is on the roster, I can start seeing moves made. Keep in mind though those moves will most likely be minor because 25-30 mil will be the new QB and a Nelson extension.

All very true, but frustrating given that there was not a concrete move/plan once Wentz was shipped out. To your point - the front office had to know they would have difficulty bringing in offensive talent without a QB in place. Then there is the matter of who will left 

worth bringing in once the QB situation is solved.

41 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

All very true, but frustrating given that there was not a concrete move/plan once Wentz was shipped out. To your point - the front office had to know they would have difficulty bringing in offensive talent without a QB in place. Then there is the matter of who will left 

worth bringing in once the QB situation is solved.

I think there is a plan it’s just not what or going as fast as most Colts fans want.  

I think Ballard looked at what was out there and quickly realized he didn’t have what it took to get Wilson and when Rodgers went back that left Watson as the only truly top QB out there to go get so he took his shot and just like all of us knew would happen the Texans said no.  

From there I think he looked at everyone else who is available and went there isn’t really a must have guy so I am going to sit back and really look at what’s out there and try to figure out who is the best guy for my team that I can get for the cheapest.  

One thing we know about Ballard is that he’s not going to rush to do something just because it’s a need.  Remember LT last year?  He addressed it after the draft when he didn’t get one in the draft.  Yes, I know the guy didn’t work out but he could use the same strategy here.  For all we know he’s made an offer for a guy and he’s waiting to see if the team will take it.  Last year when he got Wentz it was reported he made his offer a month before the trade was agreed too and just let the Eagles see if they could find a better offer knowing they would come back if they couldn’t and if they did well he wasn’t going to get into a bidding war for a guy.  

Ballard is patient and isn’t going to rush this just because the Colts need a QB.  So I think the plan is to be patient and get the best guy you can get for the cheapest you get and wait and see if any surprises develop along the way.  It’s called being flexible and when there isn’t a must go get guy that you can get it’s smart.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think there is a plan it’s just not what or going as fast as most Colts fans want.  

I think Ballard looked at what was out there and quickly realized he didn’t have what it took to get Wilson and when Rodgers went back that left Watson as the only truly top QB out there to go get so he took his shot and just like all of us knew would happen the Texans said no.  

From there I think he looked at everyone else who is available and went there isn’t really a must have guy so I am going to sit back and really look at what’s out there and try to figure out who is the best guy for my team that I can get for the cheapest.  

One thing we know about Ballard is that he’s not going to rush to do something just because it’s a need.  Remember LT last year?  He addressed it after the draft when he didn’t get one in the draft.  Yes, I know the guy didn’t work out but he could use the same strategy here.  For all we know he’s made an offer for a guy and he’s waiting to see if the team will take it.  Last year when he got Wentz it was reported he made his offer a month before the trade was agreed too and just let the Eagles see if they could find a better offer knowing they would come back if they couldn’t and if they did well he wasn’t going to get into a bidding war for a guy.  

Ballard is patient and isn’t going to rush this just because the Colts need a QB.  So I think the plan is to be patient and get the best guy you can get for the cheapest you get and wait and see if any surprises develop along the way.  It’s called being flexible and when there isn’t a must go get guy that you can get it’s smart.  

^^^^^^^^ THIS!!   THE ABOVE!!  ^^^^^^^^

And thank you!!       :worthy:

:colts:

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Let me start out by saying I have been Mr Positive in here for 7 years and have great patience. I have been a fan since the puke years 1984-1986 even, Pagel, etc..  I get on people for being negative and not being patient, bash posters for ripping on the team. Having said that we need a QB that is good and if Ballard doesn't have a plan to get a Jimmy G or Matt Ryan we are screwed in 2022. You know it and so does @NewColtsFan. Mariota, Baker, or a rookie won't cut it after you cut Carson who was at least above average. Carson wasn't the answer either like I tried to tell everyone in here, that is on Ballard who I like. Ballard is a top 5-7 GM in the league, let me repeat that top 5-7 before I get a sad face or whatever but so far this is looking bad. We have made no moves in Free Agency and have 70 Million to spend, while teams like the Rams just sign people like Allen Robinson lmao . If we are all in like Irsay said, I have not seen it all. 

I will repeat what I said if you guys want to settle for wasting away one of the greatest RB's in Colts history because you want a Mariota, a rookie, Sam, or a Mitch - who is gone thank God, then you are far from all in. I would do anything it takes to get Jimmy or Matt Ryan on this roster and I am not even a GM. Restructure some contracts and sign a great LT instead of settling for average dude's on the Line that will get your QB killed. Armstead is obvious to me. Problem is until players see we sign at least good QB = Jimmy or Ryan nobody will come here because they know we can't win jack. 

This is all true and hurts me to post this but had to be done from a fan since 1984.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not that you’d notice, but there are still lots of players available.   

Not that you’d notice, but very few players signed with anyone today.   It was a very quiet  day in free agency today.  

But, by all means, carry on….  Keep complaining over nonsense and making it seem like the sky is falling.    :thmup:

What does a quiet day have to do with the Colts? Absolutely nothing. Y’all went from FA hasnt started yet, to its only day one. Now it’s well it was quiet for everyone else too lol. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

What does a quiet day have to do with the Colts? Absolutely nothing. Y’all went from FA hasnt started yet, to its only day one. Now it’s well it was quiet for everyone else too lol. 

I get it.   You don’t like Ballard.   I get it, you don’t like me as I defend Ballard.   Enjoy being a fan though you rarely seem happy with anything.   

Good luck with that. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I get it.   You don’t like Ballard.   I get it, you don’t like me as I defend Ballard.   Enjoy being a fan though you rarely seem happy with anything.   

Good luck with that. 

Nothing personal with you, I don't like blind homerism. Ballard is decent and I acknowledge when he makes good moves. He deserves credit for a lot and also deserves criticism. It seems like a lot here struggle with acknowledging the latter

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Let me start out by saying I have been Mr Positive in here for 7 years and have great patience. I have been a fan since the puke years 1984-1986 even, Pagel, etc..  I get on people for being negative and not being patient, bash posters for ripping on the team. Having said that we need a QB that is good and if Ballard doesn't have a plan to get a Jimmy G or Matt Ryan we are screwed in 2022. You know it and so does @NewColtsFan. Mariota, Baker, or a rookie won't cut it after you cut Carson who was at least above average. Carson wasn't the answer either like I tried to tell everyone in here, that is on Ballard who I like. Ballard is a top 5-7 GM in the league, let me repeat that top 5-7 before I get a sad face or whatever but so far this is looking bad. We have made no moves in Free Agency and have 70 Million to spend, while teams like the Rams just sign people like Allen Robinson lmao . If we are all in like Irsay said, I have not seen it all. 

I will repeat what I said if you guys want to settle for wasting away one of the greatest RB's in Colts history because you want a Mariota, a rookie, Sam, or a Mitch - who is gone thank God, then you are far from all in. I would do anything it takes to get Jimmy or Matt Ryan on this roster and I am not even a GM. Restructure some contracts and sign a great LT instead of settling for average dude's on the Line that will get your QB killed. Armstead is obvious to me. Problem is until players see we sign at least good QB = Jimmy or Ryan nobody will come here because they know we can't win jack. 

This is all true and hurts me to post this but had to be done from a fan since 1984.

Carson was very thoroughly average. Maybe even below it. He was Brissett level, actually Brissett had a higher DVOA in 2019 than Carson did in 2021. 

We, as fans, need to come to terms with the fact that 2022 is in all likelihood a reset year. It happens. Even New England went through it eventually. Now the options are: Kick the can down the road and try a vet (Cam Newton :shake: Wentz) OR Go get a rookie. No in-betweens. We've rolled the dice on option 1 over and over.

We gambled last year with the vet, as we did the year before. It failed both times. We hoped we could roll the vet QB die again and again and get past the hump, the furthest we got was where potential HoF Rivers took us. 

I don't understand how some of us don't see what's going on. This road goes nowhere good. We're not LA or the Bucs who were really truly just a QB away. We dont have a monster receiving corp missing just the QB. We dont have a monster defense. We have a great RB and some pieces, we're not going to be elevated by average QB play....the QBs left in the market? You guessed it - average QBs.

This year, we will pick up the scraps left once the market is done messing around, and if it's good enough to win in 2022 then so be it, if it isnt then the focus is largely on developing a rookie QB or getting one in 23. I hate to be blunt about it but i see fans are just not wrapping their minds around that fact. It's the right move. We got Rivers, we paid Brissett, we got Wentz. Look at our cap and we spent more than anyone else on the position last year and the year before. Enough already!

There's no Derek Carr coming, or Rodgers or Wilson. What's left? The guys left are players whose teams are trying their best to upgrade. These are not winning QBs, these are guys who have serious issues. Baker? Matty Ice? Cmon folks. At what point do we learn the lesson? Talk to fans of those teams.

If the Colts get Ryan at anything more than a deep discount, we'd be doubling down on grave digging i.e. our own grave. You'd do anything to get a Jimmy or a Ryan, and then what? Repeat 2021 all over again because you can bet good money that's what happens again, playoffs or not, it's either 2021 replay or 2020 at best. At some point you have to build i.e you have to draft.

*I love JT but Leonard Fournette was good enough to help the Bucs to a title. I dont remember who LA started RB was in the SB. Was it Sony Michel? JT is icing on the cake. The best RBs in the league are arguably JT, Henry, and Chubb. Their teams are all plagued by subpar QB play, they're all 2nd or even 3rd tier contenders. All those fanbases want new QBs. JT is great but for us to be the team we all want to be, it isnt reliant on JT, that's the truth.

**Instead of pining for a retread QB, pine for a draft QB. 

***I remember Andre Johnson and Frank Gore coming here because they wanted to win the SB with Luck. Didnt work out. The players who are at the stage of their careers were money doesnt matter are definitely not the players we want to sign. Besides which player is coming to Indy because they want to win the SB with Matt Ryan? Stop it. 

****Watch how this goes down, it'll work out better than the last few attempts because i think the focus is on drafting our own this time, whether in 22 or 23. We need patience. You highlighted patience, we need more of it. We've had pretty much a couple decades of solid QB play, lets relax.

*****What should we be doing? Get a CHEAP QB, the more competent the better but cheap is the key classification. That QB is a bridge QB unless he turns into prime Peyton Manning. Draft a rookie this year and/or next, that rookie is your future. That's the place you cannot miss. Ballard has kicked that can down the road for a while. Folks think Irsay got mad at Ballard because of Wentz and all this and that which Wentz did or didnt do....no, the odds are higher that Irsay wants a real franchise QB. Even if you get Mat Ryan, the draft is the place to pay attention to.

******Next season is a lottery season. Might be great, might really stink. At some point we have to do this. 

• Like 2

People also don’t seem to realize that Indy isn’t exactly a hot destination for free agents, we might be trying to sign players but you need to go over the top like Jags do which rarely works out

Ultimately we need players who want to be here and not just to cash in a check

Who is the biggest Colts free agent signing of all time? Not sure myself, but doubt we had an all pro level player ever signing here 

7 minutes ago, rayski said:

People also don’t seem to realize that Indy isn’t exactly a hot destination for free agents, we might be trying to sign players but you need to go over the top like Jags do which rarely works out

Ultimately we need players who want to be here and not just to cash in a check

Who is the biggest Colts free agent signing of all time? Not sure myself, but doubt we had an all pro level player ever signing here 

Chad Bradske

47 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Carson was very thoroughly average. Maybe even below it. He was Brissett level, actually Brissett had a higher DVOA in 2019 than Carson did in 2021. 

We, as fans, need to come to terms with the fact that 2022 is in all likelihood a reset year. It happens. Even New England went through it eventually. Now the options are: Kick the can down the road and try a vet (Cam Newton :shake: Wentz) OR Go get a rookie. No in-betweens. We've rolled the dice on option 1 over and over.

We gambled last year with the vet, as we did the year before. It failed both times. We hoped we could roll the vet QB die again and again and get past the hump, the furthest we got was where potential HoF Rivers took us. 

I don't understand how some of us don't see what's going on. This road goes nowhere good. We're not LA or the Bucs who were really truly just a QB away. We dont have a monster receiving corp missing just the QB. We dont have a monster defense. We have a great RB and some pieces, we're not going to be elevated by average QB play....the QBs left in the market? You guessed it - average QBs.

This year, we will pick up the scraps left once the market is done messing around, and if it's good enough to win in 2022 then so be it, if it isnt then the focus is largely on developing a rookie QB or getting one in 23. I hate to be blunt about it but i see fans are just not wrapping their minds around that fact. It's the right move. We got Rivers, we paid Brissett, we got Wentz. Look at our cap and we spent more than anyone else on the position last year and the year before. Enough already!

There's no Derek Carr coming, or Rodgers or Wilson. What's left? The guys left are players whose teams are trying their best to upgrade. These are not winning QBs, these are guys who have serious issues. Baker? Matty Ice? Cmon folks. At what point do we learn the lesson? Talk to fans of those teams.

If the Colts get Ryan at anything more than a deep discount, we'd be doubling down on grave digging i.e. our own grave. You'd do anything to get a Jimmy or a Ryan, and then what? Repeat 2021 all over again because you can bet good money that's what happens again, playoffs or not, it's either 2021 replay or 2020 at best. At some point you have to build i.e you have to draft.

*I love JT but Leonard Fournette was good enough to help the Bucs to a title. I dont remember who LA started RB was in the SB. Was it Sony Michel? JT is icing on the cake. The best RBs in the league are arguably JT, Henry, and Chubb. Their teams are all plagued by subpar QB play, they're all 2nd or even 3rd tier contenders. All those fanbases want new QBs. JT is great but for us to be the team we all want to be, it isnt reliant on JT, that's the truth.

**Instead of pining for a retread QB, pine for a draft QB. 

***I remember Andre Johnson and Frank Gore coming here because they wanted to win the SB with Luck. Didnt work out. The players who are at the stage of their careers were money doesnt matter are definitely not the players we want to sign. Besides which player is coming to Indy because they want to win the SB with Matt Ryan? Stop it. 

****Watch how this goes down, it'll work out better than the last few attempts because i think the focus is on drafting our own this time, whether in 22 or 23. We need patience. You highlighted patience, we need more of it. We've had pretty much a couple decades of solid QB play, lets relax.

*****What should we be doing? Get a CHEAP QB, the more competent the better but cheap is the key classification. That QB is a bridge QB unless he turns into prime Peyton Manning. Draft a rookie this year and/or next, that rookie is your future. That's the place you cannot miss. Ballard has kicked that can down the road for a while. Folks think Irsay got mad at Ballard because of Wentz and all this and that which Wentz did or didnt do....no, the odds are higher that Irsay wants a real franchise QB. Even if you get Mat Ryan, the draft is the place to pay attention to.

******Next season is a lottery season. Might be great, might really stink. At some point we have to do this. 

We have a good roster, we were 9-6 with Wentz at QB with 2 games to go and realistically could've been 11-4 at that point, we blew the Ravens game and the 2nd Titans game. With Ryan or Jimmy G we win 11 or 12 games last year that is just my opinion. People can debate with me and say, will we can't win a SB, I would say who can? That is the silliest argument anyone can say because you have a 1 and 32 chance to do that lmao . Only 1 team does that. Last I looked Mahomes has lost 2 years in a row and Rodgers hasn't won a SB since 2010 lol. Nah, I want a punchers chance and roll with Ryan or Jimmy. We had a good year with Rivers and had Buffalo on the ropes. Cincy just went to the SB with a bad O.line and a RB that isn't near as good as Taylor. They had Burrow who is good so that gave them a punchers chance. I am not for tanking or throwing in no towel when I have a RB like Taylor, an OG like Nelson, and LB like Leonard. Wasting prime years of players like that makes no sense to me. 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We have a good roster, we were 9-6 with Wentz at QB with 2 games to go and realistically could've been 11-4 at that point, we blew the Ravens game and the 2nd Titans game. With Ryan or Jimmy G we win 11 or 12 games last year that is just my opinion. People can debate with me and say, will we can't win a SB, I would say who can? That is the silliest argument anyone can say because you have a 1 and 32 chance to do that lmao . Only 1 team does that. Last I looked Mahomes has lost 2 years in a row and Rodgers hasn't won a SB since 2010 lol. Nah, I want a punchers chance and roll with Ryan or Jimmy. We had a good year with Rivers and had Buffalo on the ropes. Cincy just went to the SB with a bad O.line and a RB that isn't near as good as Taylor. They had Burrow who is good so that gave them a punchers chance. I am not for tanking or throwing in no towel when I have a RB like Taylor, an OG like Nelson, and LB like Leonard. Wasting prime years of players like that makes no sense to me. 

There is no tanking though. We're not trying to give away our assets. I'm saying the thought that we should go all out for Jimmy G or Ryan is nuts. We have a team that could have made the playoffs with slightly better QB play, yes but we also have a team that could be a long term threat if we get in position to draft a rookie QB we like. Think KC and Mahomes, or Buffalo and Allen. This is not about now or the short term, this is about the long term.

The difference between what you're saying and what i'm saying is that you dont seem to care the cost, you just want that best available vet QB even if it costs a 2nd in 22 and a 1st in 23.

If they come at a low price then yeah, lets ride... but if you're mortgaging your future to get them then it's insane and that's what the front office is saying internally. Basically, they'd probably like to get a rookie QB AND bring in a one year stop gap. 

No one is saying anything about tanking, i am however saying that we need to reload and that may mean settling for a QB who is less than what you accept because his price is cheap. 

That price we got for Wentz? I am betting the Colts want to pay LESS than that for Ryan or Jimmy, and those teams will be over the gun and have to concede. THAT is why we are patient. So, what happens if they dont concede? Then they can give those players to other teams or be stuck with them but it is absolutely not in our interest to pay premium for those guys. We need those picks. We have our eye on a rookie and we need those picks. This year or next. 

You spoke of thinking like a GM. Rule # 1, if you're going to mortgage your future, you'd better do it on sure things because if Ryan busts and you've given up your high draft picks then you're going to be looking for a new job in short order as payment for your foolishness. That's the truth. Bitter but that's how it is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

There is no tanking though. We're not trying to give away our assets. I'm saying the thought that we should go all out for Jimmy G or Ryan is nuts. We have a team that could have made the playoffs with slightly better QB play, yes but we also have a team that could be a long term threat if we get in position to draft a rookie QB we like. Think KC and Mahomes, or Buffalo and Allen. This is not about now or the short term, this is about the long term.

The difference between what you're saying and what i'm saying is that you dont seem to care the cost, you just want that best available vet QB even if it costs a 2nd in 22 and a 1st in 23.

If they come at a low price then yeah, lets ride... but if you're mortgaging your future to get them then it's insane and that's what the front office is saying internally. Basically, they'd probably like to get a rookie QB AND bring in a one year stop gap. 

No one is saying anything about tanking, i am however saying that we need to reload and that may mean settling for a QB who is less than what you accept because his price is cheap. 

That price we got for Wentz? I am betting the Colts want to pay LESS than that for Ryan or Jimmy, and those teams will be over the gun and have to concede. THAT is why we are patient. So, what happens if they dont concede? Then they can give those players to other teams or be stuck with them but it is absolutely not in our interest to pay premium for those guys. We need those picks. We have our eye on a rookie and we need those picks. This year or next. 

You spoke of thinking like a GM. Rule # 1, if you're going to mortgage your future, you'd better do it on sure things because if Ryan busts and you've given up your high draft picks then you're going to be looking for a new job in short order as payment for your foolishness. That's the truth. Bitter but that's how it is.

Meanwhile...the rich get richer, and the slow (us) get slower.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Meanwhile...the rich get richer, and the slow (us) get slower.

Yeah, that's life in the NFL. When you have the QB, everything seems to be moving in the fast lane.

We had 18 and 12 once. Our goal is to get back to the fast lane but it won't happen till we have an elite signal caller. Actually, i'd argue that we've been on the fast lane side in terms of maintaining some kind of consistency despite the churn at QB. Many sides would have folded. See NE with Cam Newton.

I wish we had a LT. Star WR. Star TE. Star DE. I really do but QB is the key. We've maintained some kind of consistency despite everything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, t-rex said:

What are we doing?

Prepare yourself for Hilton and Pascal to be resigned, and then a WR drafted in round 6.....who then gets talked up all preseason but produces zero when it matters.  See Daurice Fountain, Deon Cain, Dezmon Patmon, Michael Strachan.

Wash rinse repeat.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

Read it folks.....one of the best posts in weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2022 at 11:38 PM, Hawkeyecolt said:

And $20 million per year.  That’s debatable. It’s worth a discussion.  $20 million per plus a draft piece vs getting a wideout on a rookie contact in a loaded WR draft. Dallas preferred an oft-injured WR to him. I get the argument either way. 

And the receiver is only as good as the quarterback.

• Thanks 2

Going into FA, we needed, WR's (at least 2), a TE, a QB (knew Wentz was gone), CB depth, and OT that's not a speed bump, and a quality DE. There was a lot to choose from and we have a ton more cap than any other team. SO, we filled the DE spot and made the CB spot thinner. We did NOTHING while just about every team with much less got better. Ballard must be reading his press clipping about how brilliant he is, because I don't think he thinks he needs anything but the draft..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

Going into FA, we needed, WR's (at least 2), a TE, a QB (knew Wentz was gone), CB depth, and OT that's not a speed bump, and a quality DE. There was a lot to choose from and we have a ton more cap than any other team. SO, we filled the DE spot and made the CB spot thinner. We did NOTHING while just about every team with much less got better. Ballard must be reading his press clipping about how brilliant he is, because I don't think he thinks he needs anything but the draft..

We got Mo back. We have a 2nd year TE in Granson. We've got Farrod Green who they like. Oh and people forget how Jack Doyle got here. The only reason Jack didnt get crucified at first was because he was local. We'll be fine at TE. 

WR? The draft is probably deep right into the 6th round at the position. And there're still some ancillary pieces in FA.

QB? Who did you think was going to come in and immediately elevate the whole club while being reasonably priced? 

CB? How many corners has he brought in already? And is there not a draft anymore?

There're still cuts to be made. There's still a draft to be had. 

And heck, even if the Colts finish 3-14 next season, the only miracle here is that they lost Andrew Luck and still stayed relevant (@ least actively competing for the division and playoffs) in all that time, remember what happened the last couple times we lost franchise QBs? When Luck left, i felt they should have gone into the draft right away. They kicked the can down the road to satisfy the owner and a large section of the fanbase. And of course to maintain the steadiness of the locker room. Ballard did a good job with that. Now it's time to come to Jesus. It's time to do this the right way, and folks are kicking up sand and blood because we've not gone after every overpriced FA in the market. 

Is it because of that vaunted cap space? Tell me, after we finished with our extensions last season, what'd we rank in cap space?

This story is NOT fully written yet. 

In the words of Aaron Rodgers. Relax. All of us need to do this.

• Like 1

there is just way to many holes to fill right now colts are in a terrible spot .  the team as it was last year was not even good enough to make the playoffs .  now the team is gutted out and even worse .   people will ride the ballard train until the wheels fall off , its the same thing as the grigson train .   if the colts miss the playoffs again next year i dont know how you keep a gm with a losing record after 6 years of rebuilding .  right now ballard is around .500 a losing season puts him below .500 after 6 years . WE have to go through the afc west next year the titans twice  and the patriots plus the jags who will win one game . its gonna be a brutal year.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1