Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard FA Grievances Thread (Merge)

Bert Johns

56 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

So, all 32 teams have flaky owners? Yeah okay, i can get behind that. However if you're trying to isolate this to the Colts, i don't think that's even remotely in the same zip code as facts. ALL teams go through this every off season including the Super Bowl champs. Did you not follow the Colts when we traded Marshall Faulk??? 

Complacency does NOT equal poor coaching. New England got dropped by Buffalo, was that complacency stemming from bad coaching?

You're selling this narrative that the Colts are poorly coached, poorly run, etc etc. Facts don't bear that narrative out. Some of us know other fan bases well. You're not speaking fact here. Not remotely close.

Other teams are ascending? Yeah, surprise surprise, see what magic can happen when you've got an actual proper QB. Surprise! 

We're on the hunt for a QB, if you think we're sinking, so be it. We disagree and i think your points are sentimental, mine are backed with examples and facts :D 

I'm not selling a narrative that they are poorly coached or poorly run.  You're taking what I'm saying and running to the extreme, then knocking it down.  I'm not going to address every point.

Leonard and RYS are saying the same things.  The attitude wasn't right.  Nothing that has happened since the end of the Jax game suggests that its gotten any better.  Compounded by the coaching staff being gutted then replaced and their pretty decent QB who the players liked being traded.  The Colts are not a stable ship right now compared to the other teams that are ascending.  The Colts were always perceived as a org that knew where it was going.  It looks less that way now.  Not just by the fans, but by the players and maybe the NFL free agent pool.  JMO.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

He gives you the illusion he wants a SB team. But his actions don’t prove  it. Just the opposite. 

What's the opposite of being a Superbowl team? Being the worst team in the league I guess. If that's the goal then I'd agree he's doing a pretty terrible job.

You can't actually believe that Ballard is trying to lose though. 

1 hour ago, Colt.45 said:

Interesting. I have some thoughts on that one I’ll share later

24 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

He gives you the illusion he wants a SB team. But his actions don’t prove  it. Just the opposite. 

Just stop. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'm not selling a narrative that they are poorly coached or poorly run.  You're taking what I'm saying and running to the extreme, then knocking it down.  I'm not going to address every point.

Leonard and RYS are saying the same things.  The attitude wasn't right.  Nothing that has happened since the end of the Jax game suggests that its gotten any better.  Compounded by the coaching staff being gutted then replaced and their pretty decent QB who the players liked being traded.  The Colts are not a stable ship right now compared to the other teams that are ascending.  The Colts were always perceived as a org that knew where it was going.  It looks less that way now.  Not just by the fans, but by the players and maybe the NFL free agent pool.  JMO.    

Okay, for the sake of us all, i will leave it here.

We'll see how the offseason plays out. Time is the arbiter of all

*Last thing i'll say on this: Organizations look like they know where they're going when their QB is one of the best in the league. We got to go from Manning to Luck, and it appears some fans think we have lost our way now that the gravy train is turned OFF. NEWSFLASH - Most organizations in the league deal with this scenario, most don't seamlessly go from one HoF to a seriously good prospect.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Nonsense. Ballard and any other GM want and are constantly trying to build a Championship team. 

The problem is Ballard’s philosophy, and blueprint for building the Colts isn’t working.  

I disagree slightly with the last part.

I think Ballard’s approach is that of the long term investor in the stock market. Build a portfolio that is solid enough to weather the storms, but in the trade off, maybe you don’t see giant gains as quickly. That said, when things go bust, you never bottom out either. Eventually once that portfolio is built, you can take the big swing and be fully set. 

I think the talent is there, I do not think the leadership in the players nor the coaches we had last season, some of which are still here, others moved on, is where it needs to be. The stuff we all saw, the things Leonard said in that interview speak to this. 

• Like 1

Just now, csmopar said:

I disagree slightly with the last part.

I think Ballard’s approach is that of the long term investor in the stock market. Build a portfolio that is solid enough to weather the storms, but in the trade off, maybe you don’t see giant gains as quickly. That said, when things go bust, you never bottom out either. Eventually once that portfolio is built, you can take the big swing and be fully set. 

Lol

Like I said in another post, GMs are on borrowed time. This is not some 25 year investment portfolio, 401k stock option plan. 

The typical GM, who is not in ownership or a Belichick, gets an average of 5 years to right the ship. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Ballards going to trade for a good proven WR. No doubt in my mind. Robert Woods would be pretty nice. Ballard probably has been working 18 hour days minimum the last few weeks. He will make us better. It just takes time. 

You want a 30ish WR coming off an ACL injury, who the Rams don’t want anymore? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

The tweet Holder put up this morning has over 100 replies. Fans are quickly turning on Ballard. They are really mad. I never thought I would see the day where fans started seeing through what seems to be a fake act.

For ONCE I honestly agree with Holder.

Players on this team might not be too happy with how this is being handled. It is a win now league and the players watch. Kenny and Darius have been trying to get guys to come here but the FA either don’t want to, or Ballard isn’t willing to pay them.

Colts are on the track to complete mediocrity. That’s not a good place to be. 

I was surprised when YA-Sin kind of called out the Colts org and how the season went let year. Players aren’t all happy hear, The Colts are just good at acting like everything is fine and dandy inside that locker room. I’m not sure these players believe that these Colts are “all in” for a SB.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Leonard liked this tweet:

And Moore liked these

Sorry this is long, You can’t tell me these Colts players are happy. There is some stuff going on in the locker room.

Yeah it’s starting to become apparent. It doesn’t make any sense what Ballard is doing. It would be different if we had a QB & a load of picks. We don’t. We need to sign one or two of these top FA’s left 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

Lol

Like I said in another post, GMs are on borrowed time. This is not some 25 year investment portfolio, 401k stock option plan. 

The typical GM, who is not in ownership or a Belichick, gets an average of 5 years to right the ship. 

Every GM is on borrowed time. 

Q: Will Ballard be the Colts GM 20 years from now? 

A: Most likely not.

Q: Will Ballard be the Colts GM 10 years from now?

A: Most likely not.

Q: Will Ballard be the Colts GM 5 years from now?

A: Maybe, maybe not. This is where you might place the over/under.

I think this off-season is shaping up to be a pivotal one and there really aren't too many good options at QB to choose from. He will make a decision and it will affect the longevity of his career with the Colts. I think if he chooses B. Mayfield, it will cost him his job when it flames out.

1 hour ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Ballards going to trade for a good proven WR. No doubt in my mind. Robert Woods would be pretty nice. Ballard probably has been working 18 hour days minimum the last few weeks. He will make us better. It just takes time. 

delayed gratification in last place

Lol

ballards tenure has been 5 years too long

Lol

Oh I know. I think the seat is a bit hot

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Dakich would agree with that and says the Colts ARE NOT interested in winning. 

Anyone who doesn’t think the Colts aren’t interested in winning is ridiculous. 

With the state of the Colts, I don’t blame Ballard one bit for not signing high priced FAs or an exciting QB FA class:sarcasm:

It almost feels like, a reset for 2023. 

11 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Anyone who doesn’t think the Colts aren’t interested in winning is ridiculous. 

With the state of the Colts, I don’t blame Ballard one bit for not signing high priced FAs or an exciting QB FA class:sarcasm:

It almost feels like, a reset for 2023. 

Its a quiet reboot/reset/rebuild...after 5 years.

He said when he got here 5 years ago, that you build through the draft and build around your core players.

After 5 years, who are our core players?

2 Olinemen and Leonard?   Maybe Pittman now and JT....but four years later.  Is Buckner, he kind of disappeared last year.  

Don't we want more dynamic players than that at our core?  And the RB might not even get a second contract, because he's a RB.

QB position aside, think about Marvin and Reggie and Clark and Glenn and Mathis and Freeney and Sanders and maybe Bethea.  Yeah it took a while to accumulate, but look at the positions they play compared to the positions our current core play now.  Its like night and day.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Its a quiet reboot/reset/rebuild...after 5 years.

He said when he got here 5 years ago, that you build through the draft and build around your core players.

After 5 years, who are our core players?

2 Olinemen and Leonard?   Maybe Pittman now and JT....but four years later.  Is Buckner, he kind of disappeared last year.  

Don't we want more dynamic players than that at our core?  And the RB might not even get a second contract, because he's a RB.

QB position aside, think about Marvin and Reggie and Clark and Glenn and Mathis and Freeney and Sanders and maybe Bethea.  Yeah it took a while to accumulate, but look at the positions they play compared to the positions our current core play now.  Its like night and day.

I’m with you here 100%. The organization is a mess. The only question is do you reboot/reset with the same guy in charge? 

Who’s accountable for this? The DL coach, Andrew, Wentz or Grigson? 

20 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I’m with you here 100%. The organization is a mess. The only question is do you reboot/reset with the same guy in charge? 

Who’s accountable for this? The DL coach, Andrew, Wentz or Grigson? 

Pretty much everyone has played a role in some shape. But Andrew retiring has had the most profound impact on this franchise. That moment alone has sent us spiraling for years and possibly even more years to come. That said I’m cooling off on Ballard. There’s been some chances to build for the future and we just haven’t taken them. 

• Like 1

Just now, RollerColt said:

Pretty much everyone has played a role in some shape. But Andrew retiring has had the most profound impact on this franchise. That moment alone has sent us spiraling for years and possibly even more years to come. That said I’m cooling off on Ballard. There’s been some chances to build for the future and we just haven’t taken them. 

Here’s the problem with the Andrew stuff. If, he set the franchise back, then don’t throw 20M a year at Brissett as your QB, don’t sign an aging Rivers, because you think you roster is good enough. Don’t make the mistake of throwing a way a 1st and 2nd on a QB, (Wentz) who you get less for the next season in trade. He was a huge risk and cheap IMO. Ballard gambled and lost!

Teams win their divisions and playoff games without a dynamic QB, because they’ve assembled a good team around the that non dynamic QB, with good core players and coaches.  Hint, they’re in our division. 

Ballard has not won a division title or playoff game without Andrew.

What’s that tell you about the organization?

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Here’s the problem with the Andrew stuff. If, he set the franchise back, then don’t throw 20M a year at Brissett as your QB, don’t sign an aging Rivers, because you think you roster is good enough. Don’t make the mistake of throwing a way a 1st and 2nd on a QB, (Wentz) who you get less for the next season in trade. He was a huge risk and cheap IMO. Ballard gambled and lost!

Teams win their divisions and playoff games without a dynamic QB, because they’ve assembled a good team around the that non dynamic QB, with good core players and coaches.  Hint, they’re in our division. 

Ballard has not won a division title or playoff game without Andrew.

What’s that tell you about the organization?

Oh that’s why said he’s had chances to long term fix this. A lot of missteps and here we are. Sometimes trying to do the right and nice thing like giving Brissett big money ends up backfiring.

Just now, RollerColt said:

Oh that’s why said he’s had chances to long term fix this. A lot of missteps and here we are. Sometimes trying to do the right and nice thing like giving Brissett big money ends up backfiring.

He’s had three years, to add solid core players, or say move up in the draft for a potential franchise QB to lead the franchise. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Actually the mistake might of been bringing rivers in with Jacoby already under contract. Why not just start Jacoby again and get the highest pick you can. Sets you up in the draft. Players loved him as a leader. Ballard said he was a elite leader. 

• Like 1