Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard FA Grievances Thread (Merge)


Bert Johns

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

there is just way to many holes to fill right now colts are in a terrible spot .  the team as it was last year was not even good enough to make the playoffs .  now the team is gutted out and even worse .   people will ride the ballard train until the wheels fall off , its the same thing as the grigson train .   if the colts miss the playoffs again next year i dont know how you keep a gm with a losing record after 6 years of rebuilding .  right now ballard is around .500 a losing season puts him below .500 after 6 years . WE have to go through the afc west next year the titans twice  and the patriots plus the jags who will win one game . its gonna be a brutal year.

Weren’t good enough to make the playoffs? We were absolutely fine and in control of our own destiny until the last two weeks when we decided to fall apart. Wentz connects with Hilton and we were in no matter what else happened. This gloom and doom you’re projecting is pretty lame honestly. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Weren’t good enough to make the playoffs? We were absolutely fine and in control of our own destiny until the last two weeks when we decided to fall apart. Wentz connects with Hilton and we were in no matter what else happened. This gloom and doom you’re projecting is pretty lame honestly. 

 

Have you seen how much better the rest of the AFC got this off season. This team currently has no QB, Secondary depth, WR depth, OL issues etc.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JediXMan said:

 

Have you seen how much better the rest of the AFC got this off season. This team currently has no QB, Secondary depth, WR depth, OL issues etc.

So a lot of the same issues from last season.

The AFC got better....okay. And? Their method of getting better differs from ours.

 

I'm not trying to crap on your concerns because they ARE valid but lets address the specifics you raised. 

No QB? Cool. It's the big one. Same concern we had last year BEFORE the final two weeks, we were carrying Carson long before that. Even that Arizona game that led the team to believe they had arrived, the game we won on ONE good Wentz play. One. Before that it was the defense carrying the team, Carson was not good. We knew we were moving from him before then. I have said on these pages that i think almost any FA out there can replicate what he gave us. 

 

Secondary depth? Have signings been shut off? Are cuts done? Draft? We lost Rock who played well last season but i remember the treatment Rock got for years. Heck even last season. In TC last season, folks were adamant that we should trade/cut Rock. That's not myth. With the new scheme and a better pass rush, the need for elite CB play should be reduced. We need a FS, but there's time. We'll be fine.

 

WR depth? See above. We pretty much were Pittman and company last year. We have nowhere else to go but up. Last season was TERRIBLE from a WR perspective.

 

OL issues? We lost Fisher who everyone didnt like anyway. We have Pryor back and he played well last year. We'll replace Fisher. Not worried.

 

There's time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

 

Yeah, that's life in the NFL. When you have the QB, everything seems to be moving in the fast lane.

We had 18 and 12 once. Our goal is to get back to the fast lane but it won't happen till we have an elite signal caller. Actually, i'd argue that we've been on the fast lane side in terms of maintaining some kind of consistency despite the churn at QB. Many sides would have folded. See NE with Cam Newton.

 

I wish we had a LT. Star WR. Star TE. Star DE. I really do but QB is the key. We've maintained some kind of consistency despite everything. 

That consistency has produced mediocre results, while keeping us out of the top draft positions. By most folks opinions their is maybe 1-2 stud rooks worth a darn. I think to get out of purgatory we need to draft our next guy. I like Ridder. Somehow get D. Bell. We need to start keeping our first round picks also. Next year get Michael Mayer TE ND :rock:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

That consistency has produced mediocre results, while keeping us out of the top draft positions. By most folks opinions their is maybe 1-2 stud rooks worth a darn. I think to get out of purgatory we need to draft our next guy. I like Ridder. Somehow get D. Bell. We need to start keeping our first round picks also. Next year get Michael Mayer TE ND :rock:

Yeah, i agree with you for the most part.

We've kept ourselves out of draft positions by decision making though. We shouldn't apologize for not tanking.

It's not as if we have not had chances to get top draft picks. When you have a mid round pick, you can always trade up. We have chosen to use our first round picks in other ways.

 

I like Ridder, i like Strong, i like Thompson, i like Howell. I like quite a few guys in the class, they'll just need some seasoning but if one of them is thrust into starting (with a serious organization not one of these teams who have no understanding of the difference between eyeball and anus), i think they could surprise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If fans think that Ballard is doing the same old same old, you wonder how free agents and current players think.  Looks like Moore, RYS, and even Leonard are having some thoughts.

 

If we're a team that values operating under the salary cap by a good margin (this year being the exception) or not creating ways to make more cap like other teams do, then a player might not think that the Colts provide the best setting for shining his talents.  Those one year "prove it" deals may go elsewhere if they feel that GM is going to surround them with better players that allow them to shine brighter.

 

Just saying...we lost the TE from NYG and that Justin Jones.  We probably know that the big named guys don't bother to look our way, the lesser tier guys might be thinking that focusing on other teams are in their best interest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

We still have a lot of time to fill holes...,

I just hope he actually pays for a few free agents this year. We still have huge holes at QB, CB, WR, TE, and LT. Can’t solve it all through the draft. Ballard needs to be a bit more proactive so he doesn’t miss out on quality guys. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, DougDew said:

If fans think that Ballard is doing the same old same old, you wonder how free agents and current players think.  Looks like Moore, RYS, and even Leonard are having some thoughts.

 

If we're a team that values operating under the salary cap by a good margin (this year being the exception) or not creating ways to make more cap like other teams do, then a player might not think that the Colts provide the best setting for shining his talents.  Those one year "prove it" deals may go elsewhere if they feel that GM is going to surround them with better players that allow them to shine brighter.

 

Just saying...we lost the TE from NYG and that Justin Jones.  We probably know that the big named guys don't bother to look our way, the lesser tier guys might be thinking that focusing on other teams are in their best interest.

How much were we under the cap by the time we paid Leonard and Moore who you've named? When the season ended, where did we rank in cap space?

 

Are one year, prove it deals limited to the Colts? Look at the list of FAs moving this year, how many of those names also moved last year?

 

This is the NFL, the highest level these guys can play football, if Jacksonville can attract talent, what makes you think the Colts cant? Please don't say Trevor Lawrence.

 

 

Does big name = big talent? Does big name = scheme fit?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Colt.45 said:

How much were we under the cap by the time we paid Leonard and Moore who you've named? When the season ended, where did we rank in cap space?

 

Are one year, prove it deals limited to the Colts? Look at the list of FAs moving this year, how many of those names also moved last year?

 

This is the NFL, the highest level these guys can play football, if Jacksonville can attract talent, what makes you think the Colts cant? Please don't say Trevor Lawrence.

 

 

Does big name = big talent? Does big name = scheme fit?

 

I said that this year was the exception, and that's because we signed players who were drafted, not really free agents brought here by the contract. 

 

And that the Colts don't seem to be creative with the cap.  That's perceived in many circles as "not doing what it takes to win".   

 

These players believe that stuff.

 

If the goal of the FA player is to screw over the new team by an overpay, then the Colts have the reputation of letting let themselves be screwed over.  That might be great from a fans perspective, but the players are going to avoid that team.

 

Just sayin, it looks like that reputation is starting to build.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I said that this year was the exception, and that's because we signed players who were drafted, not really free agents brought here by the contract. 

 

And that the Colts don't seem to be creative with the cap.  That's perceived in many circles as "not doing what it takes to win".   

 

These players believe that stuff.

 

If the goal of the FA player is to screw over the new team by an overpay, then the Colts have the reputation of letting let themselves be screwed over.  That might be great from a fans perspective, but the players are going to avoid that team.

 

Just sayin, it looks like that reputation is starting to build.

I disagree. The Colts have a rep of paying their own, that's not a terrible rep to have. They also have a rep for paying fair market value, again not a bad thing. Lastly, they have a rep for paying PREMIUM talent, again, i'm not sure how that's bad.

Why should we overpay average talent? In what business school is that taught?

Lastly, this notion that the Colts cannot attract free agents is as inane as the notion that people didnt want to come coach here.

 

You realize this is Indianapolis right? If everything else holds equal, you're not going to compete with a FA if the rival team is in a bigger city. Forget it. Davante Adams didnt leave Green Bay because of money worries or broken trust, he let because everything else held equal and most young men would rather be in Las Vegas than Wisconsin.

 

I don't agree with your premise at all. Also, it'd appear we're all forgetting the days when we won the FA offseason for years. You know, those days under Grigson. Mmmmmm those lovely days of bringing in Laron Landry and Gosder Cherilus, the ballers who won us multiple superb.....cmon Doug, lets not traffic in these kinds of thoughts, they're not with substance if you scratch beneath surface level. A player got poached by the Bears....so? Do you know whether they've promised him a bigger role than we would have? He was likely going to fill the Taylor Stallworth role here i.e. he was going to be a player of little consequence 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In Free Agency, “every team is getting better except us” is nonsense.  The net result of teams signing players from other teams - one team loses a Free Agent and one gains one.  Do that 100 times, and it’s the same 100 players, just dispersed to different teams.  Of course this is simplistic (Watson didn’t play last season for example), but let’s not overreact - there are plenty of comparable FA still unsigned and some of the unsigned now will prove better next season (there were other OT we passed over in favor of Eric Fisher that performed better last season) .  Every year it’s the same:  a team “wins free agency,” and at the end of the following season, that team disappoints.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

I disagree. The Colts have a rep of paying their own, that's not a terrible rep to have. They also have a rep for paying fair market value, again not a bad thing. Lastly, they have a rep for paying PREMIUM talent, again, i'm not sure how that's bad.

Why should we overpay average talent? In what business school is that taught?

Lastly, this notion that the Colts cannot attract free agents is as inane as the notion that people didnt want to come coach here.

 

You realize this is Indianapolis right? If everything else holds equal, you're not going to compete with a FA if the rival team is in a bigger city. Forget it. Davante Adams didnt leave Green Bay because of money worries or broken trust, he let because everything else held equal and most young men would rather be in Las Vegas than Wisconsin.

You're adding in some things that go beyond what I was saying, but leads to my point anyway.  Yes its good to pay your own, and Indy might struggle with getting some free agents because of location and culture (which is actually a good thing).  Others may want to come here because of culture too.

 

But paying your own means that the only way a player gets paid is by getting drafted by the Colts.  That's not something that attracts free agents that have already succeeded elsewhere.  It helps the FA who agrees to be bought on the cheap first.

 

Its seems to me that the last two week collapse and the retooling of the defensive coaches, and the trading of Wentz, has created an image of uncertainty around the Colts, when teams like CIN, LAC, LVR, BUF, KC, maybe CLE now; are either clearly winning teams or ascending teams "doing what it takes".  I'm probably missing a couple of teams in the NFC.

 

Players who allow themselves to get bought cheap to bet on themselves are going to want to come to a team that looks like it has its * together.  The Colts don't really look that way now, especially if the Owner is meddling in the most important position for reasons that seem unclear and don't seem to align with how the players felt about the QB.

 

It seems like the image of the Colts organization has dropped a few notches, so the only way to get FAs...at all... is money.  Which Ballard won't do.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

You're adding in some things that go beyond what I was saying, but leads to my point anyway.  Yes its good to pay your own, and Indy might struggle with getting some free agents because of location and culture (which is actually a good thing).  Others may want to come here because of culture too.

 

But paying your own means that the only way a player gets paid is by getting drafted by the Colts.  That's not something that attracts free agents that have already succeeded elsewhere.  It helps the FA who agrees to be bought on the cheap first.

 

Its seems to me that the last two week collapse and the retooling of the defensive coaches, and the trading of Wentz, has created an image of uncertainty around the Colts, when teams like CIN, LAC, LVR, BUF, KC are either clearly winning teams or ascending teams "doing what it takes".  I'm probably missing a couple of teams in the NFC.

 

And players who allow themselves to get bought cheap to bet on themselves are going to want to come to a team that looks like it has its * together.  The Colts don't really look that way now, especially if the Owner is meddling in the most important position for reasons that seem unclear and don't seem to align with how the players felt about the QB.

 

 

 

 

Ye That's not how I understand players or agents perceive it. That's the media and fans. Uncertainty? That's an internal issue, among our fanbase. Go to other fanbases and you'll see same arguments.

I live in KC, I actively follow the Chiefs, Brett Veach is taking a BEATING in their forums. That's a team that supposedly has everything together. Fans are wondering why the Chiefs cant sign defensive players, they're wondering whether players think Offense is all KC cares about. It's so bad that Tyrann Mathieu said things about the KC fanbase! Actually, the rumor in KC is that Chiefs players are not enthralled by this fan base. Now THAT is a problem lol.

 

The Colts have no problems comparatively. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Ye That's not how I understand players or agents perceive it. That's the media and fans. Uncertainty? That's an internal issue, among our fanbase. Go to other fanbases and you'll see same arguments.

I live in KC, I actively follow the Chiefs, Brett Veach is taking a BEATING in their forums. That's a team that supposedly has everything together. Fans are wondering why the Chiefs cant sign defensive players, they're wondering whether players think Offense is all KC cares about. It's so bad that Tyrann Mathieu said things about the KC fanbase! Actually, the rumor in KC is that Chiefs players are not enthralled by this fan base. Now THAT is a problem lol.

 

The Colts have no problems comparatively. 

I think its the first time that I've seen players like RYS, Moore, and some of Leonard step up and not give clear support to the direction.  And Wentz said at his presser that he was surprised.  You might think its all player speak, bitterness from the players that aren't here, but being surprised to be traded, and complacency in the last two weeks does ring true in the ears of many prospective players.  They also don't know why Wentz was traded and they do think there was some complacency.  

 

Like I said, it takes more money than normal if you have to overcome some uncertainties.  Need to throw more dollars at the situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Weren’t good enough to make the playoffs? We were absolutely fine and in control of our own destiny until the last two weeks when we decided to fall apart. Wentz connects with Hilton and we were in no matter what else happened. This gloom and doom you’re projecting is pretty lame honestly. 

I agree, we just need to get a QB, this doom and gloom crap makes no sense. Almost everyone in the media said we were one of the teams that nobody wanted to face when we were 9-6. If we get Matt Ryan or Jimmy G we will make the playoffs and probably win the division, they are both better than Ryan Tannehill. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think its the first time that I've seen players like RYS, Moore, and some of Leonard step up and not give clear support to the direction.  And Wentz said at his presser that he was surprised.  You might think its all player speak, bitterness from the players that aren't here, but being surprised to be traded, and complacency in the last two weeks does ring true in the ears of many prospective players.  They also don't know why Wentz was traded and they do think there was some complacency.  

 

Like I said, it takes more money than normal if you have to overcome some uncertainties.  Need to throw more dollars at the situation.

What did they say about the trades?

 

All i've seen from Moore and Leonard is them using social media to try to get players here. And then Leonard said five QBs five years or whatever that statement was which is NOT disagreeing with what the management have said. Jim Irsay wants stability at the position, ditto Reich, ditto Ballard. Not sure where the misalignment is that you're referencing.

 

Wentz was surprised. As was RYS. And? What's the big deal there? How many times do you see players from other teams in similar situations express surprise? Hint. Same as you see here. The few times players are not surprised, it's when they've agitated for it or the club has told them they're done. So again, where is this misalignment? 

 

They think there was complacency and they OWN it. Did you listen to Leonard on the McAfee show? Cmon, we cannot be selective here just to fit a narrative. The complacency was on the players! The coaches prepped them and tried to keep them focused, there's only so much you can do as a coach, for the most part it is on the player. Actually if anything, the team leaders should OWN this more, so Leonard, Buck......and yup, Wentz. They thought they'd arrived, this is the NFL, you cannot switch off. The coaches warned them.

 

More money overcomes risk, true. Why pay more for player A with 7.5% risk if you can get a comparable player B with 7.7% risk for much cheaper? I don't know the formula Indy is using but i do know that free agency is loaded with deals that fans grossly misunderstand. Many deals in the league these days are one year PROVE IT deals when you look at the structure....similar to the deal we gave Wentz.

 

again, go check out other fanbases in your free time. You'll come to appreciate that fans across ALL 32 teams are or can be a bit irrational.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, JediXMan said:

 

Have you seen how much better the rest of the AFC got this off season. This team currently has no QB, Secondary depth, WR depth, OL issues etc.

On paper. It’s like some of you all have never seen an NFL off-season.  Every single year it looks like dream teams are created thats run the gauntlet, yet it rarely works out for long. Injuries, egos, etc eventually stack up and those dream teams rarely amount to any thing. Most “top tier” FAs don’t live up to their new contracts. Some do, but most don’t. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

What did they say about the trades?

 

All i've seen from Moore and Leonard is them using social media to try to get players here. And then Leonard said five QBs five years or whatever that statement was which is NOT disagreeing with what the management have said. Jim Irsay wants stability at the position, ditto Reich, ditto Ballard. Not sure where the misalignment is that you're referencing.

 

Wentz was surprised. As was RYS. And? What's the big deal there? How many times do you see players from other teams in similar situations express surprise? Hint. Same as you see here. The few times players are not surprised, it's when they've agitated for it or the club has told them they're done. So again, where is this misalignment? 

 

They think there was complacency and they OWN it. Did you listen to Leonard on the McAfee show? Cmon, we cannot be selective here just to fit a narrative. The complacency was on the players! The coaches prepped them and tried to keep them focused, there's only so much you can do as a coach, for the most part it is on the player. Actually if anything, the team leaders should OWN this more, so Leonard, Buck......and yup, Wentz. They thought they'd arrived, this is the NFL, you cannot switch off. The coaches warned them.

 

More money overcomes risk, true. Why pay more for player A with 7.5% risk if you can get a comparable player B with 7.7% risk for much cheaper? I don't know the formula Indy is using but i do know that free agency is loaded with deals that fans grossly misunderstand. Many deals in the league these days are one year PROVE IT deals when you look at the structure....similar to the deal we gave Wentz.

 

again, go check out other fanbases in your free time. You'll come to appreciate that fans across ALL 32 teams are or can be a bit irrational.

Do you have a link to that interview? I’d like to hear it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, csmopar said:

On paper. It’s like some of you all have never seen an NFL off-season.  Every single year it looks like dream teams are created thats run the gauntlet, yet it rarely works out for long. Injuries, egos, etc eventually stack up and those dream teams rarely amount to any thing. Most “top tier” FAs don’t live up to their new contracts. Some do, but most don’t. 
 

All I know is we need a QB that is an upgrade over Wentz, Ryan and Jimmy G both are. This rookie class of QB's is one of the worse in recent memory. Get one of the 2 guys I mentioned and draft a QB in 2023. I don't get why people think we have no chance of doing anything if we get a guy like Ryan or Jimmy. Did anyone watch this past season? We were 9-6 with Wentz and had 7 pro bowlers. We play in a weak division in reality, Tannehill lol, he is like Wentz. Had we had Ryan last year or Jimmy we would've won the division. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

All I know is we need a QB that is an upgrade over Wentz, Ryan and Jimmy G both are. This rookie class of QB's is one of the worse in recent memory. Get one of the 2 guys I mentioned and draft a QB in 2023. I don't get why people think we have no chance of doing anything if we get a guy like Ryan or Jimmy. Did anyone watch this past season? We were 9-6 with Wentz and had 7 pro bowlers. We play in a weak division in reality, Tannehill lol, he is like Wentz. Had we had Ryan last year or Jimmy we would've won the division. 

And I think I’m good with the vet option. But at a price that it doesn’t hurt the future. IE, no top 2 picks. No stupid amount of cap hits for a vet. Get someone to keep us competitive and role with an upgrade next year.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

And I think I’m good with the vet option. But at a price that it doesn’t hurt the future. IE, no top 2 picks. No stupid amount of cap hits for a vet. Get someone to keep us competitive and role with an upgrade next year.  

I am not sure what SF wants for Jimmy or what Atlanta would want for Ryan. Nobody is saying anything.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

What did they say about the trades?

 

All i've seen from Moore and Leonard is them using social media to try to get players here. And then Leonard said five QBs five years or whatever that statement was which is NOT disagreeing with what the management have said. Jim Irsay wants stability at the position, ditto Reich, ditto Ballard. Not sure where the misalignment is that you're referencing.

 

Wentz was surprised. As was RYS. And? What's the big deal there? How many times do you see players from other teams in similar situations express surprise? Hint. Same as you see here. The few times players are not surprised, it's when they've agitated for it or the club has told them they're done. So again, where is this misalignment? 

 

They think there was complacency and they OWN it. Did you listen to Leonard on the McAfee show? Cmon, we cannot be selective here just to fit a narrative. The complacency was on the players! The coaches prepped them and tried to keep them focused, there's only so much you can do as a coach, for the most part it is on the player. Actually if anything, the team leaders should OWN this more, so Leonard, Buck......and yup, Wentz. They thought they'd arrived, this is the NFL, you cannot switch off. The coaches warned them.

 

More money overcomes risk, true. Why pay more for player A with 7.5% risk if you can get a comparable player B with 7.7% risk for much cheaper? I don't know the formula Indy is using but i do know that free agency is loaded with deals that fans grossly misunderstand. Many deals in the league these days are one year PROVE IT deals when you look at the structure....similar to the deal we gave Wentz.

 

again, go check out other fanbases in your free time. You'll come to appreciate that fans across ALL 32 teams are or can be a bit irrational.

Whether it comes from ex players or current players, if what they say rings true, its a problem.  The issues with what they said was that there is an element of truth to all of it.  "Surprise" (flakey unstable owner) "Complacency" (not well coached), recruiting players to show how intense the attitude is, (like the team needs to be sold), all speak to the same opinion.  Its an organization that has to get its sea legs under it.  Like a boxer who got punched and is wobbly.  It has to find its way. 

 

While other teams are ascending.   

 

Yeah, I think its important.  Is it a huge deal, no.  Money talks, but it has to talk more if the team is sort of wobbling around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, csmopar said:

On paper. It’s like some of you all have never seen an NFL off-season.  Every single year it looks like dream teams are created thats run the gauntlet, yet it rarely works out for long. Injuries, egos, etc eventually stack up and those dream teams rarely amount to any thing. Most “top tier” FAs don’t live up to their new contracts. Some do, but most don’t. 
 

The Rams are a unicorn in that aspect. It worked out beautifully for them. And thanks to that success the rest of the NFL has lost it’s collective mind. YOLOing all over the place. 
 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Whether it comes from ex players or current players, if what they say rings true, its a problem.  The issues with what they said was that there is an element of truth to all of it.  "Surprise" (flakey unstable owner) "Complacency" (not well coached), recruiting players to show how intense the attitude is, (like the team needs to be sold), all speak to the same opinion.  Its an organization that has to get its sea legs under it.  Like a boxer who got punched and is wobbly.  It has to find its way. 

 

While other teams are ascending.   

 

Yeah, I think its important.  Is it a huge deal, no.  Money talks, but it has to talk more if the team is sort of wobbling around.

So, all 32 teams have flaky owners? Yeah okay, i can get behind that. However if you're trying to isolate this to the Colts, i don't think that's even remotely in the same zip code as facts. ALL teams go through this every off season including the Super Bowl champs. Did you not follow the Colts when we traded Marshall Faulk??? 

 

Complacency does NOT equal poor coaching. New England got dropped by Buffalo, was that complacency stemming from bad coaching?

 

You're selling this narrative that the Colts are poorly coached, poorly run, etc etc. Facts don't bear that narrative out. Some of us know other fan bases well. You're not speaking fact here. Not remotely close.

 

Other teams are ascending? Yeah, surprise surprise, see what magic can happen when you've got an actual proper QB. Surprise! 

 

We're on the hunt for a QB, if you think we're sinking, so be it. We disagree and i think your points are sentimental, mine are backed with examples and facts :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

The tweet Holder put up this morning has over 100 replies. Fans are quickly turning on Ballard. They are really mad. I never thought I would see the day where fans started seeing through what seems to be a fake act.

 

What's fake about Ballard? 

 

He's doing exactly what he said he'd do. If he said he was going to spend big in FA then he would be fake but he literally says and does the same thing every off-season.

 

You might not like his approach but to say he's fake is confusing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Mackrel829 said:

 

What's fake about Ballard? 

 

He's doing exactly what he said he'd do. If he said he was going to spend big in FA then he would be fake but he literally says and does the same thing every off-season.

 

You might not like his approach but to say he's fake is confusing. 


 

That’s why I find it easy to look at the current state of the Colts and know it’s 100% on CB. Not on Grigson or Andrew!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Mackrel829 said:

 

What's fake about Ballard? 

 

He's doing exactly what he said he'd do. If he said he was going to spend big in FA then he would be fake but he literally says and does the same thing every off-season.

 

You might not like his approach but to say he's fake is confusing. 

He gives you the illusion he wants a SB team. But his actions don’t prove  it. Just the opposite. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

He gives you the illusion he wants a SB team. But his actions don’t prove  it. Just the opposite. 


Nonsense. Ballard and any other GM want and are constantly trying to build a Championship team. 
 

The problem is Ballard’s philosophy, and blueprint for building the Colts isn’t working.  
 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:


Nonsense. Ballard and any other GM want and are constantly trying to build a Championship team. 
 

The problem is Ballard’s philosophy, and blueprint for building the Colts isn’t working.  
 

 

 

 

And he is too stubborn to realize it. Keeps making mistakes that makes the situation worse.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Idk if there’s a Leonard like player in this draft, so I think going day 3 is fine. LB is like TE for me. I think it’s mostly a traits based position, so you draft and develop. Look at EJ Speed; sixth round pick from Tarleton who has played great.   And when you factor in the scheme variance you mentioned, LB isn’t worth drafting high. If I were Ballard I’d draft two day 3 LBs and add 1-2 FA vets.
    • Probably something close to what Gilmore signed with the Colts. I guess it'll depend on how high his market is and how long he has to sit and wait to sign somewhere. I'm assume he'll sign something close to 12-15 million per year.
    • This is a story I saw about 6 months ago and sat on it until now — draft season.    There was an interesting story in a Bucky Brooks column and it might be Colts related.   He says he surveyed every team that runs a 4-3 defense and for half of them linebacker is now a deeply discounted position, the way RB is on offense.   The story says that for those teams linebacker is now only a Day 3 draft pick.  They will no longer spend a Day One or Day Two pick on LB.      The column did not break things down by team, so no way to know who thinks this way until the next draft when we see which 4-3 team spends only a Day 3 pick on LB.    Part of the thinking is this….  If a typical game has 65 snaps for the defense, a 4-3 team is only in their base defense roughly 12-15 snaps a game.  Thats it.  The rest of the time 4-3 teams are pulling LBers for more DBs.    Teams are running a 4-2-5, or 4-1-6 or 4-0-7.   So linebackers become much less important in a 4-3 defense.     If Ballard spends a day 2 pick in LB, then he’s trying to replace Leonard.  But if not, if he spends only a Day 3 pick on LB, then CB has had a change of philosophy and has joined other teams in this new defensive thinking.    We’ll know in two months. 
    • Nah. I’ll respond to whatever anyone posts on here, just like you did mine. Are you a cop? If not, you’re missing a hell of an opportunity. You’d be great.   lets see- on this thread there has been a meme about cowboys football, posts about Brock Purdy, and other irrelevant discussions. You didn’t mind those, but you comment on mine? Which if you go back and read, is colts related. You posted a meme of eating popcorn. Lol… The thread is about key dates, which were listed in the first post. Nothing more regarding those dates on this thread. lol. Get outta herrre. 
  • Members

    • w87r

      w87r 12,625

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • 1959Colts

      1959Colts 3,561

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Caleb3502

      Caleb3502 348

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Smonroe

      Smonroe 6,172

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Zoltan

      Zoltan 3,011

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • GoColts8818

      GoColts8818 16,400

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Lifetime Colt

      Lifetime Colt 117

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • bellevuecolt

      bellevuecolt 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jvan1973

      jvan1973 10,394

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • newb767

      newb767 0

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...