Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard FA Grievances Thread (Merge)

Bert Johns

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When you ask people this they don't have a better solution. They resort to draft a QB or roll with Sam. That is basically like tanking IMO, hell with that. I bring up Matt Ryan and Jimmy G all the time and some mock me but yet their solution isn't better. I think Baker would be better  solution than drafting a QB in a bad QB class or rolling with Sam. When some bring up Mariota it makes me do this throw up i feel sick GIF by The Detour

I suppose if your in the camp that thinks the Colts are 2-3 players away from a deep playoff run - which I do, then you commit to going out and getting the best players available to fill out out your roster. If you do not, then you are content to wait and stay on a similar course as the Colts have been on.

• Like 2

Just now, Dobbinblitz said:

I suppose if your in the camp that thinks the Colts are 2-3 players away from a deep playoff run - which I do, then you commit to going out and getting the best players available to fill out out your roster. If you do not, then you are content to wait and stay on a similar course as the Colts have been on.

I think we are a good QB away, 1 good WR to compliment Pittman, and a good LT. So I am in the camp that we are contenders like you if we get that done. I am going off last year and seen us at 9-6 where ESPN and the NFL Channel were saying we were dangerous. Our D creates a lot of turnovers as well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Breeze said:

My logic is that we have a very strong team right now.  Get the right QB, whoever that is.

Maybe a better question is why did the Packers give up Davante?  And why didn’t the Packers win it all with Davante and with a far superior QB?  
Living in the past?  You make it sound like every year should be a complete overhaul.  That is the logic of the Jets, Browns, and Jaguars.

Actually, if you really think about it your question to me proved your logic flawed. 

Why didn't the packers win it all with elite QB and Adams. Answer, no one else. Sure Jones is decent but the combination of Lazzard, MVS, St Brown, Tonyan, Ricardo, Cobb, and Jake K. all sucked!!! Sure theyd catch  pass here and there but why do you think Rogers peppered adams with 13 targets a game?

The only QB outside of Brady that made it look easy with a bunch of shlubs was Luck and i firmly believe that it had a lot to do with McDaniels scheme. Luck was actually that great and it was wasted. Maybe Brees too but the point is it's rare that even elite QBs win it all without superior playmakers

Wilson couldn't do it in Seattle and everybody wanted him here... 

Right now everyone is just hyper focused on the QB but it's smoke and mirrors. this team has no superior offensive talent outside of the RB. Fact

• Like 3

on an off-topic side note, did anyone see Mike brown wearing his hat during the super bowl? 

It was pathetic and I found it very sad that no one around him would be kind enough to tell that guy, Yo Mike, grab another hat or at least fix the one he had on his head

I'm very sarcastic and cynical but I actually was really upset by that

That's like elder abuse...

:number1:

Once again Ballard is being out worked in free agency. I just read Rams receiver Robert Wood traded to the Tennessee for a 6th round draft choice. The Colts receiver room is thin and a quality receiver like Wood goes to a division rival for a stinken 6th round pick. Is Ballard sleep walking or what.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we are a good QB away, 1 good WR to compliment Pittman, and a good LT. So I am in the camp that we are contenders like you if we get that done. I am going off last year and seen us at 9-6 where ESPN and the NFL Channel were saying we were dangerous. Our D creates a lot of turnovers as well.

Maybe the colts & the Football Gods agree with you...... Which would explain why THEY AREN'T adding those players.  

haha

21 minutes ago, Bert Johns said:

Once again Ballard is being out worked in free agency. I just read Rams receiver Robert Wood traded to the Tennessee for a 6th round draft choice. The Colts receiver room is thin and a quality receiver like Wood goes to a division rival for a stinken 6th round pick. Is Ballard sleep walking or what.

Yeah would not mind Robert Wood serviceable and cheap receiver 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I think that ultimately this off-season was earth shattering for us. We don’t have a guy, and everyone we have to beat has gotten better. The AFC is just too good at this point. We lost an arms race. Big time. 

Get Armstead and Mathieu. Go wr with our first 2 picks. Bam  superbowl  here we come yee haa!!!!!

• Like 1

I'm thinking Ballard is banking on Strachan to breakout, and look for a slot in the draft with having Campbell for backup.  Reggie Wayne could be a dark horse signing for us.  He did amazing things for T.Y.

If anything, we need to refill our depth.  We can't go two full years with the exact same roster with minimal changes.  Can't get better that way

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

I'm thinking Ballard is banking on Strachan to breakout, and look for a slot in the draft with having Campbell for backup.  Reggie Wayne could be a dark horse signing for us.  He did amazing things for T.Y.

If anything, we need to refill our depth.  We can't go two full years with the exact same roster with minimal changes.  Can't get better that way

Name change?

Here we go again.....the off-season spenders rarely sustain their success and yet every off-season people freak out when the Colts don't hand out huge contracts to players who typically are being paid for their past performance versus future performance.

Did you also see that Robert Woods is coming off of a knee injury and his contract is like 18 million a year for the next 3 years......

Grigson spent like that and made trades like that and you very same people ran him out of town....

Give our FO a chance to work longer than the first 120 hours of free agency.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Here we go again.....the off-season spenders rarely sustain their success and yet every off-season people freak out when the Colts don't hand out huge contracts to players who typically are being paid for their past performance versus future performance.

Did you also see that Robert Woods is coming off of a knee injury and his contract is like 18 million a year for the next 3 years......

Grigson spent like that and made trades like that and you very same people ran him out of town....

Give our FO a chance to work longer than the first 120 hours of free agency.....

I pretty much agree with you but when it comes to QB I would take on Matt Ryan's contract for 2 years and sign a guy like Armstead to make our Line a wall. Other than that I am not a big fan of blowing money on big names because a lot of times it doesn't work out. Those 2 moves make sense that I mentioned though. I think we can win now so my thinking leans like that.

13 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Not arguing with you about how well the FO is working until we know they’re done.  

But Bowen said that the teams that spent the most on free agents improved by an average of three wins.  That’s a division title in our case. 

The future is this season.  The cap goes up every year and manipulating it isn’t that difficult.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Not arguing with you about how well the FO is working until we know they’re done.  

But Bowen said that the teams that spent the most on free agents improved by an average of three wins.  That’s a division title in our case. 

The future is this season.  The cap goes up every year and manipulating it isn’t that difficult.  

Yes, they improve that season by 3 wins.....what happens when those contracts are too large then they're forced to eat cap space or try to trade them......what are their wins in year two and three of "winning the off-season"? 

I prefer to look at the long game not the instant gratification.

I do agree that folks should wait until the QB decision is made and the ensuing moves are made before trying to run the FO out of town.

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I pretty much agree with you but when it comes to QB I would take on Matt Ryan's contract for 2 years and sign a guy like Armstead to make our Line a wall. Other than that I am not a big fan of blowing money on big names because a lot of times it doesn't work out. Those 2 moves make sense that I mentioned though. I think we can win now so my thinking leans like that.

I love Armsteads talent......its his availability that I dislike.

Matt Ryan's price tag will be too high and I doubt they trade him as they need to draft a future QB as well so they can be groomed under him.

I think we're looking at Baker, Jimmy G, Watson or Mariota.....just waiting for the right price on Baker or Jimmy G to drop.....

3 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

I love Armsteads talent......its his availability that I dislike.

Matt Ryan's price tag will be too high and I doubt they trade him as they need to draft a future QB as well so they can be groomed under him.

I think we're looking at Baker, Jimmy G, Watson or Mariota.....just waiting for the right price on Baker or Jimmy G to drop.....

I do still like Jimmy G and nobody has been talking about him on twitter or anything.

1 hour ago, Bert Johns said:

1. Free agency isn't over

2. There's already a thread for this started by, wait for it, YOU. Do you really have to start a new thread every time you feel like *ing about Ballard's approach? 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Amo said:

2 top tackles ready to be taken by other teams

what is Ballard waiting for   Frustrating 

I think he likes Pryor and this is a prove it deal to see if he can be starting tackle and if not it’s only a one year contract.  I do expect them to draft a tackle high in the draft as well.  Like others have said they are already paying big money to Kelly and Smith and are about to for Nelson.  There are only so many high priced players you can pay on the line.  The best way to avoid that is to get some good players on rookie deals.  They have one in Pinter who will probably be in the mix for the right guard spot depending on what happens with Reed.  Now they need another.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do still like Jimmy G and nobody has been talking about him on twitter or anything.

Our front offices silence is intriguing to me.....they will surprise us I'm sure. 

What key words do they always use regarding character traits and skills when speaking about QB's.....what was said "supposedly" about Wentz?

Out of Ryan, Mayfield, Winston, Mariota or Jimmy G fits that narrative? Setting aside the cost of acquisition.

• Like 1

I sincerely hope Ballard, Riech and Irsay have a plan, I was on the bandwagon of giving Wentz another year or so, and I didn't like the trade to begin with, but if we somehow can't get the QB we wanted, or didn't have an obvious plan in place for Carson's replacement before we even traded him, That is a serious indictment on the leaders of this organization, and honestly, a national embarrassment...

I've been a huge supporter of Ballard and Riech, but its getting really difficult to overlook these "issues". Add to the fact that it's been radio silent from our GM and owner, this is really starting to wreak of mismanagement in this teams front office.

• Like 3