Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard FA Grievances Thread (Merge)


Bert Johns
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Yes we need a playmaker or two, like the other 25 teams in the league

 

Already improved our chances to win the SB.  We are in a league with only 26 teams now!

 

Just messing with you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

 

3 minutes ago, Les Poulains said:

What do you expect? You're on an internet forum, you'll get some hyperbole, deal with it. The point is, having one good receiver and a very good running back isn't a good place to be. 

These are your opinion.

 

I dont share that opinion at all.

 

Hyperbole is for people who dont have a valid point. Your point is essentially "The Colts dont have a stacked offense" 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Les Poulains said:

Good thing then, that our free agency philosophy works with all the playoff appearances we've made under Ball... oh wait.

How many playoff appearances would we have made of Luck didn't retire?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Les Poulains said:

Good thing our free agency philosophy works with all the playoff appearances we've made under Ball... oh wait.

We win with a solid roster in spite of Luck setting this team back 5 years.

 

That is Ballards doing.

 

Get over yourself and try not to think like a juvenile Madden GM.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Marcus Williams 5/70

 

Randy Gregory 5/70

 

That is serious cabbage for those two

 

Christian Kirk the 3rd highest paid WR

 

You folks really expect the Colts to just throw away money like that? Gregory is one strike away from being kicked out of the NFL and they gave him that contract? Seriously.

 

You folks need to look around at this lunacy.....


iirc Gregory’s is $28 mil guaranteed. So kind of a two year deal which I would’ve been fine with.

 

And the rumor is we were interested in him too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GoatBeard said:

 

 

 

 

 

These are your opinion.

 

I dont share that opinion at all.

 

Hyperbole is for people who dont have a valid point. Your point is essentially "The Colts dont have a stacked offense

 

 

Yes, it's an opinion. This place is for opinions, after all. You're the one that seems offended by this very simple fact. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:


Tbf, we have easily one of the least talented WR groups right now. At best bottom ten. And very possibly still will once the season starts.

I dont care about that. Its about weapons for me. Guys who produce yards and TDs. And we had the premier weapon in football last year. He produced 20+ tds and like 2000 yards. We have a good young number 1 in Pitt. I like him a lot as well and think with better QB play he would grt more respect.

 

I dont expect a madden like stacked roster. Im a realist.

 

They need a TE and a receiver. Thats not as bad as you make it out to be.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

How many playoff appearances would we have made of Luck didn't retire?

Every single year. And we wouldve won our fair share of playoff games, for sure. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Marcus Williams 5/70

 

Randy Gregory 5/70

 

That is serious cabbage for those two

 

Christian Kirk the 3rd highest paid WR

 

You folks really expect the Colts to just throw away money like that? Gregory is one strike away from being kicked out of the NFL and they gave him that contract? Seriously.

 

You folks need to look around at this lunacy.....

I'm convinced most of our fans are clueless. It's been a day and a half and some are already talking about tanking.

 

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:


iirc Gregory’s is $28 mil guaranteed. So kind of a two year deal which I would’ve been fine with.

 

And the rumor is we were interested in him too.

Yeah I heard the rumors.....Ballard probably didn't want to pay that much or maybe he felt the Broncos were a better fit for them? 

 

Who knows. I do know if I were a GM I'd be hesitant to sign a player to big money that is one strike away.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Marcus Williams 5/70

 

Randy Gregory 5/70

 

That is serious cabbage for those two

 

Christian Kirk the 3rd highest paid WR

 

You folks really expect the Colts to just throw away money like that? Gregory is one strike away from being kicked out of the NFL and they gave him that contract? Seriously.

 

You folks need to look around at this lunacy.....


If, you think the lack of FA signings is what is bothering most Colts fan, I don’t believe it’s the case. It’s the current state the Colts are in. 
 

If, CB wants to build through the draft, that’s all fine and dandy. However, this roster has a lot of holes and it’s year six of whatever Ballard is constructing. 
 

The wheels are falling off. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm convinced most of our fans are clueless. It's been a day and a half and some are already talking about tanking.

 

 

It's a two way street. You also have the grinning dunces on the other side who think everyone in the Colts organization is a genius. Welcome to fandom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:


iirc Gregory’s is $28 mil guaranteed. So kind of a two year deal which I would’ve been fine with.

 

And the rumor is we were interested in him too.

We are always interested in or connected to....but Ballard never actually can close a deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MPStack said:


If, you think the lack of FA signings is what is bothering most Colts fan, I don’t believe it’s the case. It’s the current state the Colts are in. 
 

If, CB wants to build through the draft, that’s all fine and dandy. However, this roster has a lot of holes and it’s year six of whatever Ballard is constructing. 
 

The wheels are falling off. 

7 pro bowlers says that is a lie.

 

Sad that you, and others feel the wheels are falling off......

 

Find another team if you feel that way....

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Kenny Moore liked this tweet BTW.

 

 

I love Moore & Leonard, but if they start to cause issues - trade them. We aren’t winning a SB for several years. It’s frustrating for all of us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Scott Pennock said:

7 pro bowlers says that is a lie.

 

Sad that you, and others feel the wheels are falling off......

 

Find another team if you feel that way....


You lost me at 7 Pro Bowlers. 
 

Kelley and Moore :facepalm:

 

And the team couldn’t make the playoffs with 7 Pro Bowlers. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Les Poulains said:

Yes, it's an opinion. This place is for opinions, after all. You're the one that seems offended by this very simple fact. 

 

 

 

 

Opinions are fine.  But so many people make ridiculous statements like they are fact when none of us know squat really.  People saying this guy or that guy don't want to win is just a silly statement and not even a good opinion.  But we've got people here who know a certain team or certain person doesn't want to win.  

 

I appreciate a good debate and I am willing to accept that we all have opinions, but there is no debating with someone who already "knows".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

I dont care about that. Its about weapons for me. Guys who produce yards and TDs. And we had the premier weapon in football last year. He produced 20+ tds and like 2000 yards. We have a good young number 1 in Pitt. I like him a lot as well and think with better QB play he would grt more respect.

 

I dont expect a madden like stacked roster. Im a realist.

 

They need a TE and a receiver. Thats not as bad as you make it out to be.


I’m not making it out to be bad, it’s just a fact right now. Our WR/TE group is rough. And it’s great that we have JT, but Ballard’s said it again and again we have to get better through the air. And to be in a position that we have to find a QB, a WE, and TE? That’s tough.

 

As for the “this isn’t Madden” stuff. No, I don’t expect a stacked roster. But there’s a lot of room in between stacked roster and having a bottom of the barrel pass catching group. We’ll see where we’re at after the draft though.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Let’s see what Ballard actually does and doesn’t do before we pronounce him guilty.  One day is meaningless, 

The results of what happens is not really the issue.  The issue is that he went into the offseason far away from having an offensive roster.

 

He'll find players that fill the slots, great.  But come June, don't make it sound like going into the offseason with the offense in this kind of shape was part of a plan born from personnel management prowess.  It seems highly reactive, not very proactive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I don’t blame them.

I don’t either. But, it’s only going to get worse. It’s likely we have a new QB next off-season too unless we land Carr. 
 

If it’s a rookie next off-season, we are another 2-3 years out from there. 
 

Even with Carr, Ryan, etc, it’s a long shot we make it to an AFC Championship game with Burrow, Allen, Mahomes; Herbert, Wilson, Lawrence, & maybe Watson in the conference

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Marcus Williams 5/70

 

Randy Gregory 5/70

 

That is serious cabbage for those two

 

Christian Kirk the 3rd highest paid WR

 

You folks really expect the Colts to just throw away money like that? Gregory is one strike away from being kicked out of the NFL and they gave him that contract? Seriously.

 

You folks need to look around at this lunacy.....

To answer your question bolded YES. Guys like you use this same line EVERY OFFSEASON and yet every offseason we have the same results. Why not try something different and by different, I mean SPEND SOME CASH!! Who cares if we miss and give a player more money than you believe him to be worth. The production might ease that initial reaction, but guess what we will never know, because under this GM he NEVER spends cash.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Les Poulains said:

It's a two way street. You also have the grinning dunces on the other side who think everyone in the Colts organization is a genius. Welcome to fandom.

 

It's more than a two way street.  There are plenty of us in the middle. I am not pleased.  But I'm also not going to freak out and say absolutes about Ballard not knowing anything, etc.  

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Yeah I heard the rumors.....Ballard probably didn't want to pay that much or maybe he felt the Broncos were a better fit for them? 

 

Who knows. I do know if I were a GM I'd be hesitant to sign a player to big money that is one strike away.....


Fair point.

 

Didn’t they decide to stop testing for weed? If so, that’s better for him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gspdx said:

 

It's more than a two way street.  There are plenty of us in the middle. I am not pleased.  But I'm also not going to freak out and say absolutes about Ballard not knowing anything, etc.  

 

I think that there are far more in this boat than "every thing they do is correct"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Again, nobody said that. More hyperbole.

You're just being obtuse now. People had been praising Ballard for years. In the interest of fairness, it's also fine to criticize him when he deserves it.  I myself try to be nuanced, but you'll always get people who exaggerate on both sides of the argument. 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Leonard likes it too. I don’t blame these players at all.

If Kelly likes it, we might get enough value by just overpaid pro bowlers to get a premier QB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I love Moore & Leonard, but if they start to cause issues - trade them. We aren’t winning a SB for several years. It’s frustrating for all of us

I don't think Wentz ever bashed his own team, not even passively.  Not even Philly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

7 pro bowlers says that is a lie.

 

Sad that you, and others feel the wheels are falling off......

 

Find another team if you feel that way....

Scott, you are a well informed poster. I like your stances on many things, but using the pro bowl (popularity contest) as any real metric to assess the talent level of a team leads to a weak argument. You have to know this, right?

 

Ask yourself if it's just coincidence that the team featured on the first ever "In Season Hard Knocks" has the most amount of pro bowlers, which relies partially on fan voting.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, gspdx said:

 

It's more than a two way street.  There are plenty of us in the middle. I am not pleased.  But I'm also not going to freak out and say absolutes about Ballard not knowing anything, etc.  

 


Yeah, this is where I’m at. I like our GM, think he’s a little rigid on certain philosophies, but I think we’ve got a good one for the most part.

 

But he’s in a tough position on offense, to have glaring needs at QB, LT, WR, and TE.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

They should include Kenny Moore in the trade for QB. Two birds with 1 stone - get QB, make Kenny happy. 

LOL

 

The opinion of the Colts players matters but they're not in personnel decisions and rightly so. If we had someone like Peyton then yeah, maybe. There isnt a player with that kind of pull right now, their job is to play...

They feel like they play for a winner, a team on the upward swing, they're not happy with a new QB every year, understandable but at the end of the day, free agency just started. We cannot be reading into player social media action, that's just tormenting ourselves for no reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Shive changed the title to Ballard FA Grievances Thread (Merge)
  • NFLfan pinned this topic
  • Shive locked and unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • With the exception of YN, we aren't small anymore with Big Grove, Buckner, and Paye.  Plus we run a SAM out there instead of a nickel safety most downs too.   And Dayo, and couple other decent sized dudes at times. The D is quite a bit different with that 3rd LB.  3 D's are largely geared toward limiting the run too.    Offensively, I think we will have to attack the EDGE's somehow to loosen things up for Taylor.  We just start pounding him, I think they will eat that up.   Truthfully, they don't look very good either, so I really don't have any idea how this game will go.  I thought we'd roll HOU, but other than that JAX and KC went down as I expected physically.  Didn't anticipate the muffed punts, and missed FGs, and fakes, but I thought we'd hang around KC.       The TN match up almost seems like a stalemate to me on paper.  
    • Don't care about the "Spreads",           just WINS...  
    • I was not complaining, rather observing that LT has been a problem for Ballard.  Also I was not discussing Pryor specifically, that was an exchange with another poster irt protections.   Re: Pryor I have been pleasantly surprised.  But I am not a fan of PFF nor am I a fan of reading too much into a small sample size.  Long way to go and as I have mentioned this OL has plenty of talent so I think they're going to do fine.  They might need to change out RG but we'll see.
    • i dont believe that really... i know we are better than last year for 1 and limited kc to nothing last week. i think our dline can be the best in the league, both our interior and edge rushers are supposed to be great. its all ive heard this offseason
  • Members

    • RDNScot

      RDNScot 11

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • johnmart2k

      johnmart2k 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • buccolts

      buccolts 3,220

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nickster

      Nickster 2,612

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • tate

      tate 10

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 14,812

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • TaylorTheStudMuffin

      TaylorTheStudMuffin 24,500

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • T-Cubed

      T-Cubed 2

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Solon

      Solon 149

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • bestQBever

      bestQBever 930

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...