Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Trade for Wentz (details in first post)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am never playing poker with Ballard. My god that's a steal.

Long time Eagles fan, here is my rundown on Carson Wentz. I'll start with Wentz the person/teammate. Through 2018 he was widely considered a great guy, great teammate, hard worker. Then out of t

From Adam Schefter: Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a firs

Posted Images

Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell @mortreport and me.

a steal to me

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I really think this is a steal. The local media around the Eagles along with their fans have always thrown so much hate to their own players when they have a rough spot (Philly is eccentric about sports and sports drama in general...) . Besides last year, which was mediocre, Wentz has been a top 12 QB or greater in most of his career.

And if he doesn't pan out for real then we didn't lose much at all.

• Like 6

Looks like its happening.  I should be more excited but Carson scares me.  He has the tools to be good, but also tends to not finish seasons and a questionable attitude.

What else can I say but go Colts.  They are rolling the dice pretty hard here imo 

• Like 1

I was ok with 2 2nd rounders if they really thought they could fix him. My thoughts kind of hinge on what the conditions are. Better not be something dumb like pro-bowl... Would like the trade a lot for a 3rd and a 2nd.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

I was ok with 2 2nd rounders if they really thought they could fix him. My thoughts kind of hinge on what the conditions are. Better not be something dumb like pro-bowl... Would like the trade a lot for a 3rd and a 2nd.

First or Second All-Pro team, hopefully, is the condition for 1st rounder. That is way more reasonable. :) 

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We’ll damn Fosh and Sileo were right

You throw spaghetti on the wall based on rumored interest, yeah it is bound to stick at some point. However, no one really came close to the final details. 

• Like 2

I think this is a great deal. If it doesn't work we didn't give up a lot and if it does the first round pick next year isn't going to be a high pick anyway. Let's get our new QB to Indy and get started on turning him back into the QB the Eagles thought he could be when they took him #2 overall.

• Like 3
Just now, chad72 said:

First or Second All-Pro team, hopefully, is the condition for 1st rounder. That is way more reasonable. :) 

I believe it is 75% of the teams snaps and a playoff berth, so not bad, if we make the playoffs it shouldn't be a good pick anyway!

• Like 4
  • Shive changed the title to Colts Trade for Wentz
4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I am never playing poker with Ballard. My god that's a steal.

Part of me feels bad for the Philly GM. To go from wanting 2 1st round picks to taking this is insane.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm really surprised the conditions are based on playing time. If Wentz is good, we'll be giving up a first in 2022.

True but if we win the division with him, it will be a pick at best in the low 20s or at worst in the high 20s for Philly. If we make the playoffs, it will be in the low 20s too.

Home run trade for Ballard!!!

• Like 1

My post disappeared when there were two threads.  Anyway, I think this is a great trade for the Colts without breaking the bank, so to speak.  Huge potential upside for us.

I'm sure this also means the end of the JB era in Indy.  He's a great teammate and I wish him all the best.

Now, we can focus on a LT and other positions of need in the draft and FA.

Just now, Shive said:

Part of me feels bad for the Philly GM. To go from wanting 2 1st round picks to taking this is insane.

Posturing. He was never getting two firsts and I think everyone knew it. He did okay for a QB some think is broken, that his team moved on from during the season.

Once again Ballard shines as he held out refusing one or two first rounders. As for Wentz not thrilled but don't forget the dramatic change in Tanehill after leaving Miami to go to Tennessee. Fingers crossed.

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm really surprised the conditions are based on playing time. If Wentz is good, we'll be giving up a first in 2022.

Considering Wentz's injury history, that's an appropriate condition.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

shows that the market wasnt there for Wentz. 

100%

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Posturing. He was never getting two firsts and I think everyone knew it. He did okay for a QB some think is broken, that his team moved on from during the season.

Absolutely agree. I don't think it helps a GM (PR wise) to publicly push for so much compensation and come away with so much less.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, shasta519 said:

So the conditional pick is just insured against injury...because he will be the starter all season regardless of how bad he plays.

I think it has playoffs attached to it.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

True but if we win the division with him, it will be a pick at best in the low 20s.

It's still potential ammo to improve the team. We can't use the 2022 first as trade fodder (if we wanted to move up, which probably wouldn't be happening once Wentz is on the roster). 

But I said for a while I wouldn't be thrilled about not having a first rounder in consecutive seasons, and this deal avoids that. And the 2021 third kind of equalizes it for me. 

I'm okay with this deal. Just get ready to give up that first rounder next season.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

So the conditional pick is just insured against injury...because he will be the starter all season regardless of how bad he plays.

Not really. . . if he sucks you can bench him in time to prevent the 2nd from becoming a first.  

• Like 3
  • Superman changed the title to Colts Trade for Wentz (details in first post)
  • Superman locked and unlocked this topic