Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

tough loss

danlhart87

I can live with this loss. Colts are right there with the best in the NFL. Today proved it. Sometimes you just lose. It happens. I expect them to be contenders for quite a while. Season was way better than expectations. 

Colts lost themselves the game.... Play calling was very poor as well.

Rivers is average and one dimensional.. I know Colts will bring him back because we won 11 and made the playoffs but this offense can be so much more.

1 minute ago, cbear said:

I can live with this loss. Colts are right there with the best in the NFL. Today proved it. Sometimes you just lose. It happens. I expect them to be contenders for quite a while. Season was way better than expectations. 

we need a franchise QB no other way to look at it .   

9 minutes ago, sonyab1974 said:

I’m a bills fan. I’m sorry the colts lost. :( I gotta say though Colts are strong! One colt likes to jump over! What’s his name? Taylor? 

Good game indeed.

I have to be honest though.

The Bills aren't getting by KC.

Assuming they win next week. Which is a 50/50 proposition if they play Pittsburgh.

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

We signed an aging QB with nothing to show for it but a first round loss.

This year was a weird one. Great to make the playoffs but we are pretty much in the same spot as last offseason 

Yup.  At this point you have to wonder what the plan is.

Rivers can get you to the playoffs but he will never get you a SB,

So why bring him back and waste more of the other players years?

14 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Frank lost us that game. No one else did. Screw the drops, That don’t matter because that happens in games. Frank is the lone reason why we lost not one other single person is the reason. 

Special thanks to Turray! His bonehead play cost a touchdown.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

This year was a weird one. Great to make the playoffs but we are pretty much in the same spot as last offseason 

If the Packers lose the SB (Or anyone), they are technically no better than the Jags.

Look we have alot of areas to improve upon. But if we get the QB, we are a legit threat.

It was a tough loss but gve Bills credit. They made the FG they needed. We did not. Allen made a lot of plays with his arm and his legs. Colts played well. They gave us 60 minutes of effort. I thought their defense actually played well. Had a good pass rush all day. Colts moved the ball well - could not finish a few drives had a few drops 2 by Taylor, 1 by Hines and 1 by Doyle. We missed a key FG that proved to be the difference. I  have to question why Reich went with it on 4th and 4 and why he went for the 1st 2 point conversion at a point where that was not necessary.   

Just now, Blueblood23 said:

He’s play didn’t cost us. The previous play the WR was clearly out of bounce. We gotta keep our heads held high! Colts played well this season 

Just now, Blueblood23 said:

Still that happens in games.. but frank could have went just took the points and we’d be tied. Frank could have saved us a timeout if he didn’t challenge a terrible play? Like that was the worst challenge ever

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Ah, come on, Man. I  get your point, but I just don't see how Rivers is to blame more than anyone else. We DID improve this year by what like 4 wins? Multiple miscues most is this game today. Rivers had some had throws, yes. But Pittman had the TD drop, Turay turned what would have been 3pts from the Bills into 7. Hines had a drop on the final drive and Blankship missed a FG. It was a team effort that got is close to winning but unfortunately it was also a team loss today. 

I get the notion that if Rivers is gone we are now drafting higher and have nothing to show, but this is truly a game of inches, make those plays and we win.

21 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

proud of this team though 

good luck to buffalo rest of way 

I agree finished with 11 wins and played competitively against a really good team, excited to see our dynamic duo if Taylor and Hines next year.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

We are way better than we were last off season. Pittman, Buckner, Taylor, Blackmon. Last off season, we were wondering if we'd reach 9-6. Now imo, I'm wondering about contending for the championship. 

3 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

It was a tough loss but gve Bills credit. They made the FG they needed. We did not. Allen made a lot of plays with his arm and his legs. Colts played well. They gave us 60 minutes of effort. I thought their defense actually played well. Had a good pass rush all day. Colts moved the ball well - could not finish a few drives had a few drops 2 by Taylor, 1 by Hines and 1 by Doyle. We missed a key FG that proved to be the difference. I  have to question why Reich went with it on 4th and 4 and why he went for the 1st 2 point conversion at a point where that was not necessary.   

I don't mind the 2pt conversion thing from a metrics standpoint. You would get two tries at it. If you miss the first and get the second then you make up the difference, no harm no foul. If you miss both then yeah that's rough, but they theoretically had enough time to score twice and get a field goal and that proved to be the case, we just didn't make the plays to get into position.

3 minutes ago, cbear said:

We are way better than we were last off season. Pittman, Buckner, Taylor, Blackmon. Last off season, we were wondering if we'd reach 9-6. Now imo, I'm wondering about contending for the championship. 

At the QB position, where are we? Are not in the same spot?

Bad play calling? Are you kidding me? They went for almost 500 yards! Play all on 4th and goal was perfect. Gotta make that throw because the play was there. Missed chip shot, giving up 94 yard drive before half and game of centimeters on replay calls are what lost the game. Great balance on offense...just lost...barely...to a great team.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

At the QB position, where are we? Are not in the same spot?

There were questions whether rivers could play. Now we know he can. Best year he's had in a while. Sure he's not the long term answer, but even with him at qb next year, I expect us to win the south and be a top 5-7 team. 

37 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

proud of this team though 

good luck to buffalo rest of way 

Yea, not proud.  Poor coaching decisions balanced out by devine intervention got us to the wildcard, then poor coaching took us out.  Entertaining? Sure to an extent, but I feel no pride in the product that was placed on the field this year.  The most preventable error cost us the game this week, our coach's hubris.....I cant praise him for that.

Rivers isn't the answer.

What about trying to get Darnold from the Jets? Or Stidham off New England? 

We aren't that far away from being a legit SB contender.

No it's not easy to find a franchise QB.

But I trust Ballard.

Reich? Not so much.

2 hours ago, tucky89 said:

Good game indeed.

Yeah it was!! :)

I have to be honest though. The Bills aren't getting by KC.

OH! Is that who the Bills are playing next week? I was wondering. Thanks. :) Well, the last time they played KC was Oct 19th and yeah they lost. :(  We shall see what happens.

Assuming they win next week. Which is a 50/50 proposition if they play Pittsburgh.

Yeah you just never know what will happen! The Bills have been surprising me! :)

20 minutes ago, sonyab1974 said:

OH! Is that who the Bills are playing next week? I was wondering. Thanks. :) Well, the last time they played KC was Oct 19th and yeah they lost. :(  We shall see what happens.

No KC would've played us. KC plays lowest seed left.

So Browns, Ravens or Titans

As I think back on this game , I have to give credit for the way they tackled Taylor. He would have had a very big day if not for some really solid tackles by the Bills. Also was a bad play call to have him run east and west on the 3rd and goal fro the 1. Should have just banged the middle twice.

3 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

Colts lost themselves the game.... Play calling was very poor as well.

Rivers is average and one dimensional.. I know Colts will bring him back because we won 11 and made the playoffs but this offense can be so much more.

You vastly underestimate what Rivers brings to the team.

4 hours ago, StatesmanN said:

Yup.  At this point you have to wonder what the plan is.

Rivers can get you to the playoffs but he will never get you a SB,

So why bring him back and waste more of the other players years?

Didn’t they say the same thing about Peyton?

Archived